IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

It is moving, and they are driving around some sort of huge parking lot (?), which is marginally better than the open road, I guess? Still far too dangerous, and I would never, but I'm not exactly surprised...

• Upvote 3

ah ok, yeah I don't follow them, and my phone is a bit crappy atm, so I asked.

From the picture, it could've been them sitting in the car waiting for something, which would make it a little better, but obviously, if the car is moving, that is just downright reckless.

You'd think they would be aware that that's not a good idea, especially with Jana being cited? I was just talking with one of my best friends yesterday about a girl in my uni whatsapp group, that regulary posts and asks random people if they want to babysit her three year old nephew (for a couple hours for weeks..), and I just can't with that girl. We're in online classes, she does not know anybody, it's not even her child, it's just so weird.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

This appears to be a drive through Christmas light experience.  They're set up on people's properties or in large parking lots, like the extended lots of shopping malls and such.  People pay to enter and then it's a controlled/super slow drive through.  People let their kids out of their car seats so they can better see the lights.  They're not just driving through a neighborhood or something, this is a controlled environment.  She tagged the place they were at:

https://shadrackchristmas.com/

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, Karma said:

Are these people serious?  Driving a car, even at low speed, with a toddler in your lap?  What about if another car hits them - Layla would be through the windscreen. Is this even legal in the US?  Kelton doesn’t have his seatbelt on either. 

3096D274-A94F-4EA5-BDB6-551AD5488276.png

And some ppl still get mad when ppl call her and her husband out, like why would you risk your kid's life for a video ? 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Melbelle said:

This appears to be a drive through Christmas light experience.  They're set up on people's properties or in large parking lots, like the extended lots of shopping malls and such.  People pay to enter and then it's a controlled/super slow drive through.  People let their kids out of their car seats so they can better see the lights.  They're not just driving through a neighborhood or something, this is a controlled environment.  She tagged the place they were at:

https://shadrackchristmas.com/

Good to know. Carlin is not as stupid as people make it out to be. I dont think she would have posted something she thought it was illegal, It totally makes sense in that context. Now as someone that doesnt have christmas lights in their country wouldnt make it more sense to watch the lights while walking? if it is in a parking lot/ residential area, why not walk instead of doing it from the car? Watching the lights would be a lot easier for both kids and adults.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Melbelle said:

This appears to be a drive through Christmas light experience.  They're set up on people's properties or in large parking lots, like the extended lots of shopping malls and such.  People pay to enter and then it's a controlled/super slow drive through. 

Thanks Melbelle, that is a bit better. We don’t have anything like that where I live.  I agree with @llucie though, it would make more sense to park and walk through - except then you’d be in danger of being hit by drivers distracted by toddlers on their laps.   

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Good to know. Carlin is not as stupid as people make it out to be. I dont think she would have posted something she thought it was illegal, It totally makes sense in that context. Now as someone that doesnt have christmas lights in their country wouldnt make it more sense to watch the lights while walking? if it is in a parking lot/ residential area, why not walk instead of doing it from the car? Watching the lights would be a lot easier for both kids and adults.

As someone who has been to this before, and lives less than two hours from it:  this is set up as a drive-thru light display.  There is no way that you could walk all of that.  There is a place at the end where you can park, pet reindeer, see Santa, etc.  However, I didn't take my toddler out of her car seat to see the lights.  She could see them just fine through the van window!

• Upvote 12

I can not get on board with this 

Leave your kid in the car seat if you get hit or hit a pot hole and god forbid your air bag activates your kid is dead 

The most I could allow her is if she took the baby out of the car seat and sat with her in the back seat but of course then she couldn't get all the people into frame and that would ruin her look.

Mate, if I was stupid enough to do this there is no way that I would also be stupid enough to post it to social media

I know in australia what they did would still be considered illegal parking lot, private property or not.

Carlin proves yet again she is a tone deaf idiot doing it for the likes 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I can not get on board with this 

Leave your kid in the car seat if you get hit or hit a pot hole and god forbid your air bag activates your kid is dead 

The most I could allow her is if she took the baby out of the car seat and sat with her in the back seat but of course then she couldn't get all the people into frame and that would ruin her look.

Mate, if I was stupid enough to do this there is no way that I would also be stupid enough to post it to social media

I know in australia what they did would still be considered illegal parking lot, private property or not.

Carlin proves yet again she is a tone deaf idiot doing it for the likes 

I agree. And if you let your little kid not be belted in for one thing (drive thru xmas lights) then the next time they are in the car they'll fuss because it's not consistent. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I agree. And if you let your little kid not be belted in for one thing (drive thru xmas lights) then the next time they are in the car they'll fuss because it's not consistent. 

Yeah, I was actually thinking along the same lines. Layla is pretty mobile. What if she's alone in the car with one of them and decides she needs to get out of her seat and onto their lap immediately? My kid at that age was perfectly capable of getting out of her harness by herself (another little Houdini there), and just stayed in her seat because we had driled it into her that she could never, ever be outside it while we were driving. (Disclaimer: Maybe the harness mechanisms have improved since then. I sure hope so.)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Yeah, I was actually thinking along the same lines. Layla is pretty mobile. What if she's alone in the car with one of them and decides she needs to get out of her seat and onto their lap immediately? My kid at that age was perfectly capable of getting out of her harness by herself (another little Houdini there), and just stayed in her seat because we had driled it into her that she could never, ever be outside it while we were driving. (Disclaimer: Maybe the harness mechanisms have improved since then. I sure hope so.)

Layla is still rear-facing in a bucket seat and I think she would have a hard time getting out because of the angle of the seat and the buckle. 

• Thank You 1

On 11/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, Dbm said:

whenever I see his name my brain say "Ja done" they just had to ruin the name. 

fwiw, "jadon" is a transliteration of the spelling in hebrew scripture (nehemiah).

I hope someone has reported it to the police. That is child endangerment. Hopefully she will get a fine. She can be fined $50. Carlin is dumb as soup, but she needs to learn that some things just don't fly. 

On 11/30/2021 at 4:32 AM, FluffySnowball said:

For one, I wonder if Kelly actually loves them as she’d love a biological sibling. I doubt it. Also, she might - consciously or subconsciously - use her acceptance of them as some sort of alibi for herself.

Her reasoning could be that she and her husband and children surely can’t be racists, they have black family members after all. So, they don’t need to reflect on their behavior cause whatever they say, do, or vote for is fair game. At least that’s a line of thought I could imagine they follow. 

Am I remembering correctly that Kelly went to live with her dad after her parents split? If so, then maybe she wasn’t really raised alongside her adopted siblings? 

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Am I remembering correctly that Kelly went to live with her dad after her parents split? If so, then maybe she wasn’t really raised alongside her adopted siblings? 

No, all her other siblings went live with her dad but she stayed with her mom since she was the youngest. But she didnt grew up alongside her adopted sisters either, since they are alot younger, one is the same age as Zach and her mother adopted them after Kelly was already out of the house.

Edited by llucie
corrections
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Has Carvan announced the baby’s name? Am I remembering correctly that we knew Layla’s name before she was born?

I don't think they have announced anything, but for Layla, we not only knew her name as soon as we know It was a girl but they also made her an Instagram account on her name and posted from that through the pregnancy and a few times after ahe was born. 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Just watched Carlin and Evan's latest 2 videos--man, she really leans into the "I'm so stupid" shtick, doesn't she?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Just watched Carlin and Evan's latest 2 videos--man, she really leans into the "I'm so stupid" shtick, doesn't she?

I guess she’s going for the title of Fundie Paris Hilton. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Carlin put up their baby name list. Some are awful (stone, fore), some are ones I thought she would pick (crew, Knox) I do like Oliver best.Screenshot_20211231-151436.thumb.png.0088fabe79c9fe2f66f86f5008802f50.png

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic