IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

They posted a video about going to look at a house and putting an offer in on it, but then didn’t say what happened afterwards with the offer. I wonder if they’re still waiting?

They’ve had videos about looking for a house before they teased about looking for a house before that was really sort of kind of Clickbait. And I think they put an offer on a house in the past and it fell through because the real estate market is really really competitive at the moment and if you don’t get in immediately and put a really good offer in it to get sold out from underneath it before you ever have a chance

Edited by clueliss

6 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

Wilder? It’s a word but as a name I’m not sure how to pronounce it. Is it Wilder like Wilbur or pronounced like the word wild?

Oliver Hudson, Goldie Hawn's son, has a son named Wilder.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

They’ve had videos about looking for a house before they teased about looking for a house before that was really sort of kind of Clickbait. And I think they put an offer on a house in the past and it fell through because the real estate market is really really competitive at the moment and if you don’t get in immediately and put a really good offer in it to get sold out from underneath it before you ever have a chance

So weird! She’d posted on her stories that she thinks they found their house. The first half of the video was them viewing the house (it looked quite nice), and putting in an offer - they said they’d never gotten that far in their house search. Everyone praying that they get this house. And then the rest of the video was them opening gifts with Evan’s family - no more mention of said house or what happened with their offer. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Keys said:

So weird! She’d posted on her stories that she thinks they found their house. The first half of the video was them viewing the house (it looked quite nice), and putting in an offer - they said they’d never gotten that far in their house search. Everyone praying that they get this house. And then the rest of the video was them opening gifts with Evan’s family - no more mention of said house or what happened with their offer. 

It's their first offer. I wouldn't be surprised if they got excited and jumped the gun on posting a video about it. When I made my first offer on a property I told everyone about it because I was so in love with the house and convinced that my offer would be chosen.

Eleven offers later- when I finally did get one accepted- I was way more jaded and had long stopped telling people when I'd made a new offer on a house.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, indianabones said:

It's their first offer. I wouldn't be surprised if they got excited and jumped the gun on posting a video about it. When I made my first offer on a property I told everyone about it because I was so in love with the house and convinced that my offer would be chosen.

Eleven offers later- when I finally did get one accepted- I was way more jaded and had long stopped telling people when I'd made a new offer on a house.

We bought back in 2010 so it was a buyers market. We had a feeling we would get the house because it had been on the market for months. We did get it and we still live here. I wouldn’t be able to deal with the market the way it is now. It would be way too stressful for me. We will be in this house for awhile although I do find it to be too small some days. 

• Upvote 10

On 1/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Like Wild-er. My friend actually considered it for a name. I try to keep my harsh opinions to myself when it comes to names. But I told her a child would live up to that name and she might regret it. Thankfully she went with something else. 

I didn't like the name our Boston Terrier had when we got him from the Boston Terrier Rescue group. I named him Bandit.

PSA: Don't ever name your dog Bandit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 1/1/2022 at 3:53 PM, JDuggs said:

Like the word wild. It’s funny because I live right near a park called Wilder Park and I’ve never even thought to pronounce it with a short i sound. Just like how people have said that they always think to pronounce Jinger like singer, that had never occurred to me. So interesting how everyone’s brains work differently.

I saw Wilder and thought Laura Ingalls. It’s actually one of the less repugnant names on their list. However, based on their list and their personalities, I’m going to hate any name they go with. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

39 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I didn't like the name our Boston Terrier had when we got him from the Boston Terrier Rescue group. I named him Bandit.

PSA: Don't ever name your dog Bandit.

I had a foster kitten named Bandit although he also probably thought his name was G#d Dammit you SOB. He was one of a litter of 10, no mom, and he would fly out of the laundry room (where they resided), and if he thought you didn't notice he got out he would circle back, make sure you saw him, and run away at full speed. He kept me on my toes. I have no idea if his adopters kept the name. 

• Haha 12
  • Love 7

On 12/31/2021 at 3:18 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Carlin put up their baby name list. Some are awful (stone, fore), some are ones I thought she would pick (crew, Knox) I do like Oliver best.Screenshot_20211231-151436.thumb.png.0088fabe79c9fe2f66f86f5008802f50.png

So most of these names are pretty popular. Using the most recent data (US 2020 top 1000 names), here's how these names rank:

Oliver (#3)

Forest (#811)

Holden (#228)

Knox (#236)

Cole (#131)

Ford (#459)

Crew (#281)

Cruz (#303)

Knox (#236)

Drew (#530)

Ryder (#108)

Rhett (#159)

Theo (#172)

Kai (#93)

Jett (#278)

Wilder (#430)

Wes (#988)

Obviously some of these are more popular than others, but it shows that these names that are getting some usage. Stone wasn't on the current list, but did chart a little in the 1990s and 2000s. Her names are in step with current trends. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

If they name the baby Jett I'm going to pretend its in honor of Joan.

And if it's Wilder, we'll all pretend it's in honor of Oscar Wilde.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I truly don’t mind middle names being strange. If Spurgeon had been Elliot Spurgeon Seewald, I wouldn’t have batted an eye at it. Wilde as a middle name would get no comments from me. Hell, someone could call their kid Elizabeth Facebook Smith and I might roll my eyes. But meh. Little Elizabeth can pretend she doesn’t have a middle name if asked. She probably wouldn’t be teased or harmed by a strange middle name. It’s the first names that I would worry more about. Even if Carlin went with Oliver Stone Stewart, most people wouldn’t even know his middle name. And he wouldn’t be teased.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Or Billy Wilder

image.png.3b7d0ca7d17d0de509386424b240b8f6.png

At least she's considering "Forest" with with R, rather than "Forrest" which is way too-Klan friendly for my taste. Unless she is indeed thinking of Nathan Bedford, and she's just spelling-challenged (having been schooled on the Dinning Room Table, after all)

• Upvote 2

Luckily for me this market worked out for me. I was able to sell my 1bed 1 bath condo for a lot more than I paid for it.   I was able to pay off my mortgage and still buy a 2 bed 2 bath mobile home with an all cash offer. My new place had also been remodeled and my condo needed upgrades. I was able to find a buyer who wanted a project and to have a place in the complex for when he visits his grandkids. It's so nice to have a bigger upgraded place. I also now have a room for my neices and nephew to sleep in when they come over. My nephew even asked to stay over before I moved. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

I tend to assume that Knox is for John Knox which would track for Bates offspring. Rabidly anti Catholic, religiously fervent and convinced that he was right and everyone else was wrong. 

• Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

Theo Patrick was my guess for CarVan! 

I'm now realizing that would be Theo Patrick Stewart lol.

I'm going to take it as a win no matter what they go with.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

My 10 year old goes to school with a kid named Stone. His brother’s name is Steel.

Before we announced our sons name at birth his nickname was Steele. My husband is a Steelers fan and I personally like it for a name but with our last name it would have opened the door to some teasing down the road [emoji51][emoji1]
  • Upvote 1

I know someone who recently gave their kid a famous name, think William Shakespeare (not the name but equally odd) and calls the kid by his middle name. So In the example above, they call him Shakespeare…At least the kid can eventually go by his first name, if he so chooses. Still better than Spurgeon Elliot-

• Upvote 1

Knox is on the list two times? Is tnat the winner? Maybe they'll go with Crew because the Gaines,  owners of Magnolia that place in Texas fundies like to go and TV personalities, named their boy that.

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, Expectopatronus said:

I tend to assume that Knox is for John Knox which would track for Bates offspring. Rabidly anti Catholic, religiously fervent and convinced that he was right and everyone else was wrong. 

I though it was because they live in Knoxville. It is not the worst name in the list, but i find it a bit ridiculous to be named after the town you live in (or close too).

• Upvote 5

I have no issues with the name Knox, but Knox Stewart just doesn’t sound good. Too many hard vowels. However, not my baby. I’ve probably put more thought into this name that they have. 

it already feels like she’s been pregnant forever. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, postscript said:

I have no issues with the name Knox, but Knox Stewart just doesn’t sound good. Too many hard vowels. However, not my baby. I’ve probably put more thought into this name that they have. 

it already feels like she’s been pregnant forever. 

May I introduce Axton Maxwell- good  God what a mouthful-

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

May I introduce Axton Maxwell- good  God what a mouthful-

Three siblings: Ax Max, E Rex Max, and Mad Max. 

• Haha 7

• samurai_sarah locked this topic