IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

I think my guess was Beau. I could see her going with a name like Ryder Beau. She likes southern manly sounding names. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually like Oz/Ozzy but I do think it is too close to the dog's name. 

I like Ozzy too, but all I think of is Ozzy Osbourne, which would be kind of an unusual choice for a fundie. But I could get on board with that.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 12/15/2021 at 11:20 AM, llucie said:

Good to know. Carlin is not as stupid as people make it out to be. I dont think she would have posted something she thought it was illegal, It totally makes sense in that context. Now as someone that doesnt have christmas lights in their country wouldnt make it more sense to watch the lights while walking? if it is in a parking lot/ residential area, why not walk instead of doing it from the car? Watching the lights would be a lot easier for both kids and adults.

I don’t follow this thread closely, so I know this was being discussed a while ago, but I just thought this was worth addressing: I don’t know the details about the lights display they went to see, but there was one of these drive-through displays where I grew up, and it’s definitely not practical or ideal to walk. Ours was 4 miles long, and as someone else mentioned, there is a spot to get out and walk around and buy hot cocoa and take a picture with Santa, but you  can’t cover 4 miles of lights displays, especially with little kids in the dark and cold, on foot. Looking at lights in your neighborhood, sure, walk around for 15-20 minutes. These massive professional displays? Sit in your car with snacks and the heat running and enjoy hanging out with your family. The cars all go one way only around a set track at very slow speeds (I believe it takes 1.5 hours to get around our 4 mile track? But it’s hard to say because you sit in line for so long to get in that people usually set aside an entire evening to go see the lights). It’s really quite safe… I don’t consider being cooped up in a car for that long fun so I’ve never been, but I know plenty of people who go every year and love it. I wouldn’t worry about the safety of a toddler being out of their car seat to see out the window in this situation, but agree that it could turn into a problem for kids who might get ideas about being allowed out of the car seat at other times. 

Your post didn’t come across this way, but it’s so common for people outside the US to think we are all dumb lazy idiots who are too fat to get out of our cars that I wanted to address what was actually happening in this video, since so many seemed unfamiliar with it and it does seem like a dumb fat American thing without more context. It still might not be everyone’s cup of tea, which is fine, but this is an activity where it’s more fun for everyone to stay in their cars, and safer for little kids, since many of our residential streets don’t have sidewalks even if you did want to go look at lights by walking around. 

Edited by Ms. Brightside
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Stone??? Lord, she's giving Erin's Harbor a run for the money.

I figured Josie’s first son would be Stone. Or Forrest. Or River. She likes the nature themed names. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Stone Stewart flows well, but that's the only nice thing I can think of to say about it.

I like Oliver Stewart.  I'm guessing the middle name will be Evan or Paul (for his father).

Best we can hope for with some of these folks is something reasonably normal.

She has a little heart next to Oliver so that seems to be her fav. I do like that name even though it’s trendy it’s pretty classic too. 

who wants to bet these two don’t even know that Holden was popularized by catcher in the rye

• Upvote 3

Huck? As in Finn? 

Jett Stewart? Doesn’t flow at all. Same with Rhett Stewart, Cruz Stewart and Knox Stewart (though I have to admit I like the name Knox). 

The one thing all these names have in common is that they’re trendy. I suspect a few were just thrown in for laughs and aren’t under serious consideration. With these two, you never know. 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Was one of those names Kat? For a boy?

I think it was Kai with a weirdly-dotted I.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I'm kind of surprised by how many bad names made the shortlist. Layla is a decent name so I expected better than Stone from them. 

Oliver is the clear choice here. It's the only full name and not super trendy or out there.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, EmiSue said:

My 10 year old goes to school with a kid named Stone. His brother’s name is Steel.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

I don’t follow this thread closely, so I know this was being discussed a while ago, but I just thought this was worth addressing: I don’t know the details about the lights display they went to see, but there was one of these drive-through displays where I grew up, and it’s definitely not practical or ideal to walk. Ours was 4 miles long, and as someone else mentioned, there is a spot to get out and walk around and buy hot cocoa and take a picture with Santa, but you  can’t cover 4 miles of lights displays, especially with little kids in the dark and cold, on foot. Looking at lights in your neighborhood, sure, walk around for 15-20 minutes. These massive professional displays? Sit in your car with snacks and the heat running and enjoy hanging out with your family. The cars all go one way only around a set track at very slow speeds (I believe it takes 1.5 hours to get around our 4 mile track? But it’s hard to say because you sit in line for so long to get in that people usually set aside an entire evening to go see the lights). It’s really quite safe… I don’t consider being cooped up in a car for that long fun so I’ve never been, but I know plenty of people who go every year and love it. I wouldn’t worry about the safety of a toddler being out of their car seat to see out the window in this situation, but agree that it could turn into a problem for kids who might get ideas about being allowed out of the car seat at other times. 

Your post didn’t come across this way, but it’s so common for people outside the US to think we are all dumb lazy idiots who are too fat to get out of our cars that I wanted to address what was actually happening in this video, since so many seemed unfamiliar with it and it does seem like a dumb fat American thing without more context. It still might not be everyone’s cup of tea, which is fine, but this is an activity where it’s more fun for everyone to stay in their cars, and safer for little kids, since many of our residential streets don’t have sidewalks even if you did want to go look at lights by walking around. 

I didnt realize the display was so big, since someone mentioned it was in a parking lot i asumed it was a lot smaller thus making it possible to walk. It does sound like a fun christmas tradition!

Wow. That's quite a list. Crew Stewart.  Reminds me of a morning radio show. "Wake up with the CREW STEW every morning from six to ten!"

• Haha 10

7 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. That's quite a list. Crew Stewart.  Reminds me of a morning radio show. "Wake up with the CREW STEW every morning from six to ten!"

On their vlog, Evan addresses their followers as “Stew Crew” (“hey, Stew Crew, what up, y’all?”). I hope they don’t go with that option. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

Wilder? It’s a word but as a name I’m not sure how to pronounce it. Is it Wilder like Wilbur or pronounced like the word wild?

5 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Wilder? It’s a word but as a name I’m not sure how to pronounce it. Is it Wilder like Wilbur or pronounced like the word wild?

Like the word wild. It’s funny because I live right near a park called Wilder Park and I’ve never even thought to pronounce it with a short i sound. Just like how people have said that they always think to pronounce Jinger like singer, that had never occurred to me. So interesting how everyone’s brains work differently.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Like Wild-er. My friend actually considered it for a name. I try to keep my harsh opinions to myself when it comes to names. But I told her a child would live up to that name and she might regret it. Thankfully she went with something else. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, obiwanfreak said:

My 10 year old goes to school with a kid named Stone. His brother’s name is Steel.

I like the book series but would not name my kids after it. Though the first book was published in June ‘15 so depending on how old Steel is, that wasn’t the reason.

• Confused 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic