IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think Evan should stay home too. I wouldn't leave a person is having "episodes" with a young child to take care of, let alone a new baby. If Carlin stays home, she needs someone to be there to help with the kids in case of an "episode" and depending on how severe the "episodes" are maybe drive her to a doctor or call an ambulance. 

I'm unclear what's going on with her, and what these episodes are like, but I'd be nervous leaving her alone.

I understood the episodes as fainting and that it wasnt that serious (doctor told her she could travel) so thats why i said staying home and resting. I actually had hemoglobin levels a lot lowed than her and honestly didnt feel that bad and i could do normal life but i understand that every person is diferent. She also mentioned something about antibiotics so it is unclear what exactly does she has,

• Rufus Bless 1

On 5/11/2022 at 5:22 AM, llucie said:

Personally i think she should have stayed home with the baby and send Evan with Layla since they already bought the tickets and this way there is someone from the family there supporting Lawson and Tiffany.

I don't know if it's that easy to transfer tickets nowadays. I guess it depends on the airline.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I don't know if it's that easy to transfer tickets nowadays. I guess it depends on the airline.

I thought the same thing. I make travel arrangements quite a lot for work with job recruiting and if I buy a flight for a candidate who then cancels, we get nothing. If it was a flight that allows cancellations (or 2020 where COVID cancellations we allowed), the airline issues a credit in the traveler's name only. We're out $300 and the former candidate has $300 towards their next vacation. In all fairness, I have had 1 or 2 (in 20 years) offer and send us a check for the cost.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I didnt suggest they should transfer the tickets. They already bought tickets for the 3 of them, so i said Layla and Evan should go anyway since its just 2 days and they already paid for it and to be cautious about her health she probably should have stayed home with the baby (since he is still nursing). Anyway it is pointless to keep disscussing it since she decided to go anyway and seems to be doing fine.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, llucie said:

I understood the episodes as fainting and that it wasnt that serious (doctor told her she could travel) so thats why i said staying home and resting. I actually had hemoglobin levels a lot lowed than her and honestly didnt feel that bad and i could do normal life but i understand that every person is diferent. She also mentioned something about antibiotics so it is unclear what exactly does she has,

But why leave woman who faints with a newborn to take care of? What if the baby needs tending while she's fainted? What if she has a bad fall while fainting? What if the next episode is more serious and there's no one to help her?

I still think everyone should stay home, so she has Evan to help her. Or they should get a friend to stay with her.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

But why leave woman who faints with a newborn to take care of? What if the baby needs tending while she's fainted? What if she has a bad fall while fainting? What if the next episode is more serious and there's no one to help her?

I still think everyone should stay home, so she has Evan to help her. Or they should get a friend to stay with her.

Well in that case she could have stayed in her in-laws house in Nashville the 2 days, since they were already at their house i think when she went to the ER the second time. But her plan is to go on a working trip after the wedding where i asume Evan is not going either. He also has a job so he is not going to be with her all the time in their home. They have to manage with it.

BTW she posted stories from today and they are sighseeing in California and there was not mention of her feeling bad.

Edited by llucie
to add

I am projecting but I am going to guess post partum anxiety might have something to do with it. That can be a beast with physical effects like feeling like you are going to pass out, numbness, panic attacks, etc. and result in not wanting to be alone. Also if you go to ER for anxiety they will run tests and could find blood issues then too. This was my experience. I also was on blood thinners during pregnancy and they jack with your biochemistry as well.

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I am projecting but I am going to guess post partum anxiety might have something to do with it. That can be a beast with physical effects like feeling like you are going to pass out, numbness, panic attacks, etc. and result in not wanting to be alone. Also if you go to ER for anxiety they will run tests and could find blood issues then too. This was my experience. I also was on blood thinners during pregnancy and they jack with your biochemistry as well.

I also though it could be anxiety related just because of the symptoms they described but i hope the doctors look into it thoroughly before assuming it is "just" anxiety related (i know anxiety can be really serious, dont get me wrong, but with Carlin having 4 coagulation factors and taking heparin injections and everything, i would be worried of them missing something).

• I Agree 5

Carlin was back in the E.R after passing out multiple times. Her blood work looks good, they did an MRI and ruled out an aneurysm and now she has a 24-hour heart monitor. They are debating having her stay in Nashville for the week because she shouldn't be alone with the kids and Evan has to work and his parents can help with Zade and Layla and watch her. 

Super scary. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 16

Why can't she go home and have Addee or Ellie come over to help during the day? I think Addee is 16 and can drive, but he'll, Kelly can drop her off and Evan can take her home. 

Another option is Michael, but I don't think she'd be available all day unless Brandon is willing to do the cooking (unlikely).

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Why can't she go home and have Addee or Ellie come over to help during the day? I think Addee is 16 and can drive, but he'll, Kelly can drop her off and Evan can take her home. 

Another option is Michael, but I don't think she'd be available all day unless Brandon is willing to do the cooking (unlikely).

Addee and Ellie are kids and shouldnt have this responsability thrown on them. I am glad Evans parents offered to look after Carlin and the babies while the doctors figure out what is going on.

It seems they already ruled out anemia (her levels are back to normal) and a possible aneurysm, they are now doing a 24h heart monitor.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

Wasn’t Carlin also sick, along with Layla, shortly after Layla’s delivery? I hope the Stewarts have good medical insurance. I don’t know, but I think Carlin needs to get a good GP and maybe some additional mental health support. There seems to be a lot of drama after each birth…and there’s no shame in that, but the ER is not the place for what seems to be a longer term issue. Perhaps the 2 day trip across the country, days after starting Renovations on a new home, and weeks after giving birth and returning to work days after, might all be too much? Lack of common sense! Stress!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t Carlin also sick, along with Layla, shortly after Layla’s delivery? I hope the Stewarts have good medical insurance. I don’t know, but I think Carlin needs to get a good GP and maybe some additional mental health support. There seems to be a lot of drama after each birth…and there’s no shame in that, but the ER is not the place for what seems to be a longer term issue. Perhaps the 2 day trip across the country, days after starting Renovations on a new home, and weeks after giving birth and returning to work days after, might all be too much? Lack of common sense! Stress!

Yes, Carlin had viral meningitis not long after Layla birth.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

It's almost like the lord is telling them it isn't as simple as just having endless children.

To be clear, I don't think she deserves to feel sick any more than anyone else, but a little critical thinking wouldn't go amiss with this family.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 18

It's almost like the lord is telling them it isn't as simple as just having endless children.
To be clear, I don't think she deserves to feel sick any more than anyone else, but a little critical thinking wouldn't go amiss with this family.

I just finished watching her Instagram stories and came to post something similar. I don’t wish ill health on anyone ( well almost anyone ) but I feel like the Lord is doing his best to limit the Bates offspring from having unlimited offspring . I wonder if they will actually listen to what He is saying
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Maybe it's long term issues as a result of contracting COVID she is one of the siblings who caught it, correct?

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
sotdrt 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Carlin and Evan have not said they want limitless kids. I think they said they wanted about 4 or 5? but aren't sure how many. There is a "longer" space between Layla and Zade than most fundies have between their first two kids. (a months past two years). 

3 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Maybe it's long term issues as a result of contracting covid, she is one of the siblings who caught it, correct?

Yes, she and Evan got COVID and by a miracle Layla didn't. They had COVID in August of 2020.  It could be a long-term effect of having had COVID.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I could definitely see them limiting their amount of kids. I could see them stopping at 3 or 4. I really don’t think most of the Duggars and Bateses second Gen will have a ton of kids each. Some will have big families, some will have small. But not all will have big like their parents. 

• Upvote 9

Oh yikes! That sounds bad. Hasn’t  Alyssa posted about heart issues and needing surgery for it? I wonder if there’s a genetic link? 

I feel for her. It sounds scary on its own and even more so with such little babies. Glad they have family support and hopefully decent medical care. 

• Upvote 7

I am beginning to wonder if Carlin has long COVID.  The vague symptoms are part and parcel.  I just hope she does not have Lupus or MS.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, llucie said:

I also though it could be anxiety related just because of the symptoms they described but i hope the doctors look into it thoroughly before assuming it is "just" anxiety related (i know anxiety can be really serious, dont get me wrong, but with Carlin having 4 coagulation factors and taking heparin injections and everything, i would be worried of them missing something).

💯 Plus it now sounds like something with multiple factors. But I want to also clarify here I in no way intended to imply PPA as a “it’s probably in her head” diagnosis. It was the worst health experience of my life and I had no idea at the time it was a thing - had thought PPD equaled sadness and wish there was more awareness about the severity and physicality of PPA. I went to ER thinking I was in anaphylactic shock with numb hands and faintness and dizziness and all kinds of physical responses.

I also don’t know if there have been studies on it but I found there to be a biochemical “coming off “ heparin. Maybe it was just coincidence with all kinds of postpartum hormones but in my opinion/experience it’s not a small thing to be on blood thinners for a year or so ( you usually have to stay on them at least 6 weeks pp). 

• Upvote 5

A poster on another board I frequent was recently diagnosed with the cardiac condition POTS. What made me think of Carlin was when she shared this:

There is no cure.  Some doctors believe it stems from a viral or bacterial infection. 

This tracks with Carlin having both meningitis and Covid. 

At any rate, tracking with the heart monitor helped get a diagnosis, so I hope Carlin can get some answers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

They were also quite sick when they went to visit Evan’s family over Christmas, and I’d wondered if they’d had covid again at that time, too (omicron was peaking). I hope she’s ok - it sounds scary. 

• Upvote 11

Perhaps this God telling Carlin to rest up and stay the fuck home… She really shouldn’t have gone to the wedding but she needed to for the Gram! 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think Carlin is much better off in the care of Evan's parents (and his whole family close by) than two teenagers. Even if she could have her mom or Michael with her, I am sure there would be more pressure than being with her ILs. Cooking, tidying, etc. Bed rest is hard, doing nothing in your own home is really hard.

• Upvote 20

• samurai_sarah locked this topic