IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

On 12/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Probably taking Ivermectin with her soup

Don't forget the Christmas sardines on the Christmas slime salad!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

That Christmas post, though. So much joy…listen up everyone, you deserve God’s wrath!  
She has claimed before that she’s not a Calvinist, but that post is neo-Calvinism in all its damning glory. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 12/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Who in their right minds takes small children to a house of shingles?  What normal adult expects this?

especially if all/most of them are antivaxers -- the children would be at risk. 

Regarding Lori not mentioning much about new baby...I think she's more about "numbers" She's always saying "I have X number of grandchildren and 2 on the way." etc...It's all about quantity over quality.  Alyssa may also have told Lori not to say anything/much to protect privacy.  I think Alyssa's first failed adoption and the scam she experienced have made her wise-up to sharing too much online.  I honestly worry about her friend Tenley who shares, shares, shares and overshares. I worry about her child's privacy.

• Upvote 4

On 12/22/2021 at 5:37 PM, KDA said:

If Lori has covid, I really, really hope she learns from this. She's been anti-vax and anti-mask and recommending others forgo both. Obviously deaths and severe illness don't matter to her.

But she won't  ever admit she's wrong -- about anything. She just doubles down.  For someone who claims to be sooo health conscious with all of her personal theories on "medicine", woo treatments and various supplements and other things she says are necessary for staying healthy, she sure is sick more than the average person 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

think Alyssa's first failed adoption and the scam she experienced have made her wise-up to sharing too much online.  

I think I missed something. I didn’t know they were victims of a scam. Do you have details?

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

But she won't  ever admit she's wrong -- about anything. She just doubles down.  For someone who claims to be sooo health conscious with all of her personal theories on "medicine", woo treatments and various supplements and other things she says are necessary for staying healthy, she sure is sick more than the average person 

Yes, she is a glowing picture of health and vitality compared to how she would be without her woo.

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think I missed something. I didn’t know they were victims of a scam. Do you have details?

Yes. Alyssa did an IG story on it. Late in the summer a supposedly young pregnant girl reached out to her privately to arrange a “private adoption”. She had a name and sonogram photos etc. the more they talked the more the story started to fall apart. Through researching the “girl” more she contacted the girls mother. Long story short someone stole the identity of an actual pregnant girl ( who it turns out was keeping her baby) and was using the false information to try to con couples/get money/etc.  Alyssa posted about it and apparently there are a lot of scams preying on vulnerable people/couples.  It was after that experience she talked about limited her social media/sharing 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 7

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

Yes. Alyssa did an IG story on it. Late in the summer a supposedly young pregnant girl reached out to her privately to arrange a “private adoption”. She had a name and sonogram photos etc. the more they talked the more the story started to fall apart. Through researching the “girl” more she contacted the girls mother. Long story short someone stole the identity of an actual pregnant girl ( who it turns out was keeping her baby) and was using the false information to try to con couples/get money/etc.  Alyssa posted about it and apparently there are a lot of scams preying on vulnerable people/couples.  It was after that experience she talked about limited her social media/sharing 

Oh my gosh! I didn’t know that. I knew about the birth mother that changed her mind; but not that. How horrible. 

Thank you for responding. 

• Upvote 8

Lori and Ken have Covid. They are "still recovering" but seem to be OK. They had to cancel their Xmas celebration. It's their 41st wedding anniversary.

I am guessing they are not vaccinated (because of "chemicals" or "fetal cells" or something) so they are lucky to be Ok at their age.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

These sorts of scams are more common than people realize. I had a friend years ago who was matched through a private adoption agency. She and her partner spent the next several months sending money to the birth mother to cover her medical expenses. Then, when the due date arrived, they learned that the birth mother had delivered without telling anyone and taken the baby home. Okay, yes, the birth mother has the right to change her mind, and adoptive parents have no rights to fight it; everyone who goes into a privately-arranged adoption acknowledges this. But as my friend shared her heartbreak on some adoption forums, she quickly found two or three other couples with the exact same story - and timeline. Turns out, this woman had presented herself to multiple agencies as a mom who wanted to place her baby for adoption and got matched with multiple families through multiple agencies, kept all the money they sent and didn't place the baby either. And unfortunately, she got away with it with no repercussions - except that thanks to the internet and forums specific to hopeful adoptive parents, she might have a harder time getting a placement the next time she tries to run this scam.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Lori’s dedication to health and nutrition reminds me of this:

Edited for context: Gillian McKeith is a “healthy eating” guru who had  weight loss reality show, “you are what you eat”, in the early aughts. She advocated disordered eating and fat phobia and thankfully is no longer in the public eye.

Nigella Lawson is awesome, that is all. 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.a44e735686689f6d212b5adecbf16b7d.jpeg

Edited by AuntCloud
Edited for context
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

These sorts of scams are more common than people realize.

I seem to recall what happened to Alyssa was someone reached out to her privately on social media outside of her official application on FB. I'm sure because she was so public with the entire journey it made it really easy for someone to scam her. That was my worry early on (I'm an adult adoptee and while things are different now, I think you have to have a modicum of privacy, especially in today's day and age). Alyssa shared (overshared) so many personal details and she made herself an easy target (not that she is to blame, but we ALL have to be careful with private info online...it's just a smart thing to do).   I think that scare is there reason she quit posting on IG regularly. And probably why she hasn't share the baby's name, etc. 

• Upvote 5

Total speculation bus here, but I was curious about a tweet Lori made recently and the fact the Alexander household has been sick with COVID for over a week.  Lori tweeted this:

The Transformed Wife 

@godlywomanhood

·

Dec 24

A couple stayed with us for a week. The wife doesn’t have a smart phone. She loves conversation. She stays busy cleaning, fixing meals for her husband, reading, and simply being still. They don’t watch TV. They take frequent walks. They’re lovers of God, not of pleasure.”

I was wondering who was caring for them in their illness then it occurred to me that they perhaps hired  domestic help (perhaps lower income, foreign born??) to help them. It’s hard to tell from the tweet, but it sounds like she didn’t know them very well and she’s making observations about their lives. And it would also make sense that they wouldn’t have the resources to earn multiple cell phones and/or have a television. Again total speculation, but it’s an interesting theory.

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I seem to recall what happened to Alyssa was someone reached out to her privately on social media outside of her official application on FB. I'm sure because she was so public with the entire journey it made it really easy for someone to scam her. That was my worry early on (I'm an adult adoptee and while things are different now, I think you have to have a modicum of privacy, especially in today's day and age). Alyssa shared (overshared) so many personal details and she made herself an easy target (not that she is to blame, but we ALL have to be careful with private info online...it's just a smart thing to do).   I think that scare is there reason she quit posting on IG regularly. And probably why she hasn't share the baby's name, etc. 

when I saw about that scam I was Cmon Alyssa… your smarter then this. Someone DM’s and says they want to give you their baby and you just belive them? I find people trying to adopt via social media really strange. It’s too fishy and too much could go wrong. It’s really praying on extremely vunuable people. I understand couples being desperate for a baby but despite what Alyssa might think no one is entitled to another womens child. 

I also think it’s interesting they ended up adopted a girl when I recall Alyssa saying  soemthing along the lines of God told her she would adopt a boy. 

• Upvote 7

Screw everyone else. Queen Lori needs food for her family Christmas celebration and COVID be damned, she’s going shopping!

536F69D8-1D72-41E5-9D82-A6E93EC36AC3.png

But, wellness is entirely overrated. We weren’t promised health!

8102AAF1-C640-4FEE-B39B-08ED25C42B9D.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 6

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Screw everyone else. Queen Lori needs food for her family Christmas celebration and COVID be damned, she’s going shopping!

536F69D8-1D72-41E5-9D82-A6E93EC36AC3.png

But, wellness is entirely overrated. We weren’t promised health!

8102AAF1-C640-4FEE-B39B-08ED25C42B9D.png

Weird, I live in an area much like hers here in CA and everything is open, just did a grocery store run.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Weird, I live in an area much like hers here in CA and everything is open, just did a grocery store run.

Not to mention, she could order online and have things delivered. I'm surprised she didn't think of that. 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

Not to mention, she could order online and have things delivered. I'm surprised she didn't think of that. 🙄

Lori?  Think?

Everything's open here too (New England).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Lori?  Think?

Everything's open here too (New England).

Duh! Silly me! 🙃🤣

• Haha 1

What is she going on about? ALL the stores are closed? ALL. THE. STORES? I bet she means the one store she likes - her high end health food store is closed. 

Regarding this tweet from a week ago:

Dec 24

A couple stayed with us for a week. The wife doesn’t have a smart phone. She loves conversation. She stays busy cleaning, fixing meals for her husband, reading, and simply being still. They don’t watch TV. They take frequent walks. They’re lovers of God, not of pleasure

Does anybody else find it ironic that Lori is likely tweeting from a smart phone while equating lack of technology with godliness? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic