IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

Just now, Guanabana said:

Are church nurseries open during the week? If not that is not sufficient to pay her rent and expenses. Also, how does Lydia get to her photography jobs, and transports all her equipment? 

As i understand it she now has a car license so she probably drives there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Guanabana said:

Are church nurseries open during the week? If not that is not sufficient to pay her rent and expenses. Also, how does Lydia get to her photography jobs, and transports all her equipment? 

It might be a church run nursery school. My son went to one for preschool. It was open 4 days a week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

So her status didn’t allow her to get a license but she was allowed to earn money? Or did she just do cash in hand work? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I think the Bates (and probably most fundies) have zero issues with undocumented immigrants working illegally in the US as long as said immigrants are white and fundie. 

Those are the people America is for, as far as they’re concerned. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 15

On 4/14/2022 at 11:17 PM, CanadianMamam said:

And she already has her own place, so that isn't an issue. I am guessing a June/July wedding. Defintirly before the fall, meaning K&G will have married 4 children off in less than 12 months. 

According to their registry they are getting married October 1st

https://www.theknot.com/us/trace-bates-and-lydia-romeike-oct-2022

23 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am trying to decide if I think that is real. The date is Josie's anniversary/Katie's birthday. 

Maybe since Josie set them up, they thought it'd be "cute" to get married on the same date. (assuming it's the real date and not a fake).

• Upvote 1

I think the Bates family usually puts the real date down. The Duggars are the ones who make fake ones.

• Upvote 4

I see they are getting married in Jefferson City, home of Carson-Newman University, Gil and Kelly's alma mater. Not that they would ever let their kids attend that accredited university.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am trying to decide if I think that is real. The date is Josie's anniversary/Katie's birthday. 

Josie and Kelton got married on October 5, Katie's birthday

plus now it says December 1

Edited by raayx01
  • Upvote 1

Considering how fast they tend to marry and she already picked out her dress from Renee's I'm betting on a July wedding.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Josie and Kelton got married on October 5, Katie's birthday

plus now it says December 1

Okay, I had my days mixed up. But I also don't think the site is real. There is no information on there that isn*t readily available 

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2022 at 2:28 AM, Jewels64 said:

As an old mom of five struggling to recover or not let anorexia control my life your post is spot on. I have worked on healing for 30 years. My Facebook will never lead anyone to question my relationship with food. I am very good at hiding my desire to starve myself.   I was taught at 10 that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and I struggle. 

I've been involved in dance my whole life and also developed body image issues when my ballet teacher would say things like "Wow you ate well this weekend". I've taken a break from dance because I have been intensely training in it since I was 10 plus at now 30, I am freaking tired and my whole body hurts. I too think I am pretty good at hiding my desire to starve myself and have been trying not to get back into this mentality but its hard. Then yesterday this guy who I know via friends drunkenly said "You've gotten thicker but I promise in a good way" and well that triggered me again. I am mainly responding to your post cause I am glad I am not the only one who really hides this stuff from people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 18

On 4/17/2022 at 5:09 AM, AussieKrissy said:

So her status didn’t allow her to get a license but she was allowed to earn money? Or did she just do cash in hand work? 

In the US, work permits are required if you wish to be an employee but not if you are self-employed. 

Paying taxes is complicated if you are not documented.

I am guessing she has DACA which would allow for work authorization. While her political tribe hates DACA with a burning hot passion, it would be foolish for her not to take it.  I mean, that's how it kind of works in that world. There is a sharp disconnect between the rhetoric and the government services people accept.

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Okay, I had my days mixed up. But I also don't think the site is real. There is no information on there that isn*t readily available 

Even if your dates were correct, why couldn't two couples share an anniversary date? I think it would be sweet. Surely no one is narcissistic enough to insist on locking down a date forever, claiming it as theirs alone? That’s laughable.

My little girl, at age seven, was mad when a cousin was born on her birthday. But as an adult, she laughs about that childish immaturity. 

• Upvote 1

So Trace and Lydia are in Destin with her family on vacation before they head to California for the wedding.

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2022 at 7:02 AM, CanadianMamam said:

No its not. Josie's anniversary and Katie's birthday is the 5th. This says Oct 1st. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Trace and Lydia are in Destin with her family on vacation before they head to California for the wedding.

I thought that was odd --flying to Florida and then needing to  fly across the continent for a wedding in 2 days. And they've known Lawson's wedding date for months.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I thought that was odd --flying to Florida and then needing to  fly across the continent for a wedding in 2 days. And they've known Lawson's wedding date for months.

I swear these d list fundies travel more than anyone I know. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Trace and Lydia did another Q&A, she looked a lot more relaxed this time and i will say they seem to get along really well and have good chemistry (as far as you can judge in a 15 minutes video). They kinda answered some of the same questions than the other time...i think this is the few things that are new:

-Jobs: Lydia does photography, currently families, babies, seniors and weddings, but she loves the babies the most and wants in the future to just do babies and newborn photoshoots. Trace has been working for Chad for 4 years as a foreman and loves it, says Chad is a wonderful boss, but he plans on starting his own company with Warden and branching out in the future.

-They plan to live in the Knoxville area after they marry and rent at first. The wedding will be in the fall.

-German: they will love for their kids to learn it. Lydia says she has a vocabulary of a 10 year old in german since at that age it is when she left Germany. The parents still talk to them in german but they reply in english.

-How they started dating: after 2 months talking to each other he took her to a restaurant in Knoxville gave her an ankle bracelet and asked her to be his girlfriend.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, llucie said:

-How they started dating: after 2 months talking to each other he took her to a restaurant in Knoxville gave her an ankle bracelet and asked her to be his girlfriend.

An ankle bracelet? Is it weird that I think that's a strange choice in jewelry? Or are they "back" and I'm out of touch?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, displayname said:

An ankle bracelet? Is it weird that I think that's a strange choice in jewelry? Or are they "back" and I'm out of touch?

It seems like everything from 20 years ago is back and I remember ankle bracelets being very popular 20 years ago. So it wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic