IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I don’t recall the earlier Bateses’ proposals, but this was the first local, low key one in the last few years. It was nice.

Well they don't have thaw tv money anymore. but if he had taken her on a trip he wouldn't have been able to surprise her like he did. Unless he waited til right after Lawson's wedding in. California and done it on the beach or somewhere there. But I do like that there was a low-key engagement this time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

The most low key engagement so far and you could see by the end of video Trace wiped his eyes. Maybe he got teary eyed?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So will it be a summer wedding for Traclydia

Have we agreed on a couple name for them yet? Because I vote “Traclydia”. 😂

”Lyce” would be another one.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This proposal was much better than Katie’s or Lawson’s destination proposals. 

It was and much more genuine. I like that Trace was showing emotion. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It was and much more genuine. I like that Trace was showing emotion. 

This is a big reason why I’m not into “reality shows” or YouTube channels where it’s a family featured. It’s all set up. It’s fake. And you can see how fake it is. BUB was always so fake and now most of their social media accounts are so fake too. The actual proposal in regular clothing was sweet. The staged photos for the magazine were completely “meh” from me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is a big reason why I’m not into “reality shows” or YouTube channels where it’s a family featured. It’s all set up. It’s fake. And you can see how fake it is. BUB was always so fake and now most of their social media accounts are so fake too. The actual proposal in regular clothing was sweet. The staged photos for the magazine were completely “meh” from me. 

I think it's kind of sad how many moments are staged just for social media, even by people who aren't trying to be famous. I saw a video on instagram recently of a woman getting ready for her wedding and showing behind the scenes footage of how they were faking sentimental moments. She's reading a letter from her fiance and wiping her eyes, but the caption explains that they forgot to actually write each other letters, so she's looking at a blank piece of paper and pretending to cry to get pictures that will look good on social media. I can't imagine looking back through my wedding photos and coming across that and thinking, "Oh yeah, here's where I pretended to cry at a blank piece of paper! So sentimental!" So much effort into presenting the "right" look online.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

I think it's kind of sad how many moments are staged just for social media, even by people who aren't trying to be famous. I saw a video on instagram recently of a woman getting ready for her wedding and showing behind the scenes footage of how they were faking sentimental moments. She's reading a letter from her fiance and wiping her eyes, but the caption explains that they forgot to actually write each other letters, so she's looking at a blank piece of paper and pretending to cry to get pictures that will look good on social media. I can't imagine looking back through my wedding photos and coming across that and thinking, "Oh yeah, here's where I pretended to cry at a blank piece of paper! So sentimental!" So much effort into presenting the "right" look online.

I have a wedding picture of me writing a check for the wedding venue in my wedding hair/makeup before the ceremony. I laughed that she took a picture of that. It was a real picture. Not staged at all. It’s a wonder I wasn’t crying in that picture 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a wedding picture of me writing a check for the wedding venue in my wedding hair/makeup before the ceremony. I laughed that she took a picture of that. It was a real picture. Not staged at all. It’s a wonder I wasn’t crying in that picture 😂

I have one of me on the phone, giving my cousin directions, fully dressed in my wedding gown and veil. I love that picture because it is such a random moment. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Have we agreed on a couple name for them yet? Because I vote “Traclydia”. 😂

”Lyce” would be another one.

LYCE! It HAS to be LYCE! Traclydia is good too because it sounds like an STD.

2 hours ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Ugh. I hate this. So glad my little Gen Z'ers seem to hate the constant public moment nonsense thus far.

• Upvote 4

One of my favorite wedding photos is me chugging a pomegranate mimosa while getting ready and leaning way forward to avoid spilling on my dress. It matched my lipstick.

I didn't realize the photographer was going to snap it, of course.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

LYCE! It HAS to be LYCE! Traclydia is good too because it sounds like an STD.

Ugh. I hate this. So glad my little Gen Z'ers seem to hate the constant public moment nonsense thus far.

I agree,  has to be Lyce, but Traclydia does sound like an STD, so it's a good alternative or 2nd place!😅😈

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

How can Trace and Lydia actually get legally married? I thought the circumstances of her being in the country precluded any chance for a legal marriage without her returning to Germany first? Did I miss something? Or is this going to be one of those “anti-gubmint” Pearl-style marriages?

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I agree,  has to be Lyce, but Traclydia does sound like an STD, so it's a good alternative or 2nd place!😅😈

Traclydia Lyce sounds like a sexually transmitted double whammy. 

• Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

How can Trace and Lydia actually get legally married? I thought the circumstances of her being in the country precluded any chance for a legal marriage without her returning to Germany first? Did I miss something? Or is this going to be one of those “anti-gubmint” Pearl-style marriages?

I’m not American, but I don’t think there’s anything to stop her marrying in the US. If she applied for a green card on the basis of the marriage it would be up to the authorities whether she’d have to return to Germany for an interview, but I would have thought that as she was brought here as a child, ie not her choice, she’d be able to apply within the US?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m not American, but I don’t think there’s anything to stop her marrying in the US. If she applied for a green card on the basis of the marriage it would be up to the authorities whether she’d have to return to Germany for an interview, but I would have thought that as she was brought here as a child, ie not her choice, she’d be able to apply within the US?

That's not how it works. I am married to a non-American and have sponsored several undocumented immigrants. If she is undocumented, she will have to go back to her home country in order to legally apply for status. If she has a legal status, then she does not. She can get married but she will not be able to obtain legal residency, citizenship or a work visa without following the proper procedure.

• Upvote 10

@nelliebelle1197 thank you for the explanation. So they can get married, but for her to get status she’d have to go to Germany and file the application? 
Or would she have to go to Germany and apply for a fiancée visa before they can marry? 
A colleague is married to an Algerian woman who had overstayed her visitors visa, she ended up having to return home and apply for a fiancée visa in Tunisia as there was civil war in Algeria at the time and the UK embassy was not open for visa applications. They did manage it and have been married for 20 years. At the time they were concerned the registrar would have been obliged to report her to the immigration authorities if they’d applied for a marriage license- but she was an adult who had knowingly overstayed.

• Upvote 3

They can just do a trip to Germany to introduce Trace to family in between right? Then apply while on their trip and come back.

There is a spouse visa for married people. But you‘re still separated during the visa process and at least a few years ago this one took a lot longer to get approved than the fiancé visa, because the latter is basically a visa that allows you to enter the US, get married, and file for legal residency (Adjustment of Status).  While with the spouse visa you file for AOS in the same package. Correct me if I‘m wrong @nelliebelle1197

I wonder if Lydia‘s family have some sort of legal status since her brother models and she‘s a fotographer. Or are they working undocumented and it‘s okay for their circles since they fled evil Germany for all the right reasons?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

Or are they working undocumented and it‘s okay for their circles since they fled evil Germany for all the right reasons?

There’s good illegal immigrants (evangelicals screaming evil persecution!) and bad illegal immigrants (everyone else), don’t you know? There’s no way any of these fundie kids would ever be allowed to marry someone from an illegal immigrant family from, say, Mexico. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@nelliebelle1197 thank you for the explanation. So they can get married, but for her to get status she’d have to go to Germany and file the application? 
Or would she have to go to Germany and apply for a fiancée visa before they can marry? 
A colleague is married to an Algerian woman who had overstayed her visitors visa, she ended up having to return home and apply for a fiancée visa in Tunisia as there was civil war in Algeria at the time and the UK embassy was not open for visa applications. They did manage it and have been married for 20 years. At the time they were concerned the registrar would have been obliged to report her to the immigration authorities if they’d applied for a marriage license- but she was an adult who had knowingly overstayed.

She will have to go and stay in Germany until the US embassy or local consulate approves the application. One of my sponsored immigrants was stuck in the Chihuahua province of Mexico for several weeks waiting for the approval. And the Consular or Embassy does not have to approve. He had evidence he came here on his own at 16, has been working and paying taxes with a TIN, owns a home, is married to an American and has kids. He still had issues but this was under the Trump administration. I am not sure if the Biden administration has loosened up anything but I have to be honest- I really do not want it to work out for her in a deep dark part of my heart because it always seems to be so easy for white Europeans to skirt the law.

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

They can just do a trip to Germany to introduce Trace to family in between right? Then apply while on their trip and come back.

No. She will have to stay until she is approved.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

No. She will have to stay until she is approved.

But how long will that take? They can do a trip around Europe for a few weeks over the summer. Or does it really take months?

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic