IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

Please know that I am JOKING about Lydia being a refugee.

By the way, I am sponsoring a Mexican immigrant married to an American woman with two American children. Since he came here as a teen without proper papers (though he has been paying proper taxes for over a decade and he owns a home), he cannot use his marriage to claim residency. If Lydia is indeed undocumented, marrying Trace won't impact her status. She will have to return to Germany and file appropriate immigration papers and wait for those papers to be approved.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 14

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?
13 hours ago, Johannah said:

This outfit and pose would be ridiculous anywhere. But on a beach? In Delaware?? Rehoboth, ancestral home of the cowboy…

I agree! And in Rehoboth, the people who think he looks hot are very likely to be guys!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I don't get the cowboy schtick with these guys. 

Cowboy = manly masculine man. All man. Not a sissy soyboy. A command man. Taking charge. A provider and protector. A god-fearing country boy.

All that manliness on Rehoboth Beach.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24

13 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Literally my strongest association with cowboys is Brokeback Mountain, so. 

Technically they were shepherds. Same hats, though.

• Upvote 6

On 11/1/2021 at 6:31 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Cowboy = manly masculine man. All man. Not a sissy soyboy. A command man. Taking charge. A provider and protector. A god-fearing country boy.

All that manliness on Rehoboth Beach.

Manly man. I see. Because manly men pose on the beach looking tough. Manly men live off TV income. Manly men live rent-free with their mom and dad as adults. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

Looks like Trace is getting ready to go public with Lydia. He didn’t tag her or show her face but by the blonde hair (and previous speculation) I’m pretty sure it’s her in this pic

Spoiler

112F91A1-2E1B-4A48-9EA2-153E52E0D546.thumb.jpeg.e31f89dc1f0cf2cd98797962895c86d6.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

I agree. Bates relationships are never a surprise. They always hint at it before they make an announcement. I actually prefer this. I hate how the Duggars are so secretive. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

17 minutes ago, loulouinnz said:

Trace put up a pic of them at a game (from behind). They're holding hands. No way could a bates girl get away with that 

Several of the Bates girls held hands before engagement. Katie was probably the only one that didn’t now that I think of it. Maybe Erin as and Michael as well? But the rest definitely did

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6

I thought they werent in a courtship but yeah I guess they could be already or be like Lawson and not really have one. Still hate their double standards 

• Upvote 2

Only double standards here is that she is wearing pants, but most of the Bates girls have holded hands before marriage and even front huged and there is a chaperone there because someone is taking the photo.

• Upvote 5

What Trace is doing is known as a 'relationship soft launch' on social media. Where people will post photos or refer to their 'buddy' without tagging their username or showing their face. It's like vaguebooking, but with pictures. The younger generation seem to do this prior to making the relationship 'official' on social media.

I have younger co-workers who have opened my eyes to this being a thing... I was previously unaware, having been with my husband for a few years now - it wasn't a thing when we were dating!

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

On 11/15/2021 at 2:48 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

What Trace is doing is known as a 'relationship soft launch' on social media. Where people will post photos or refer to their 'buddy' without tagging their username or showing their face. It's like vaguebooking, but with pictures. The younger generation seem to do this prior to making the relationship 'official' on social media.

I have younger co-workers who have opened my eyes to this being a thing... I was previously unaware, having been with my husband for a few years now - it wasn't a thing when we were dating!

I get introducing a partner slowly if you life off  your social media or if you have actual fans that are crazy enough to look up people just because they appear in your pictures. 
But apart from that….. it sounds completely pointless? I don’t get it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 11/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, MaryOrMartha said:

This makes me feel so old. I remember way back when my husband and I started dating in 2007 and I just changed my relationship status on FB to “in a relationship.” That was it. I’m sure only a few people noticed. FB wasn’t as popular back then. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On a side note, fundie wiki has this about the Romeike family: "In August 2008 the Romeike Family left Germany, to come to America because they were being persecuted for homeschooling their children. [...] facing fines, forcible removal of their children and possible imprisonment due to this" (emphasis mine).

I mean, yeah, that's what they claim. But I'm pretty sure they weren't persecuted for homeschooling. They refused to comply with a law that applies to everyone and had to face the consequences, which yes, may have included fines. I checked an where they lived, imprisonment is not an option. And it is very, very unlikely, that anyone would have forcibly removed their children because of the homeschooling, unless there was evidence of abuse or neglect. Plus, as a number of people here have pointed out, they could  just have moved across the border to Austria and homeschooled there.

The text on fundie wiki appears to have been copied straight from the HSLDA website, so I guess the lack of objective facts is not surprising.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Ah, I feel like we have enough nutjobs in Austria, I'm happy that we're missing out on a few. I think it is also a bit harder to be a religious freakshow around here. People are religious (my parents are case and point, the go to church every sunday and my mum is involved in church too), but the majority are not that nutty (compared to some of the fundamentalists we talk about here). I haven't really heard about churches not following covid-measures, and even my mom, who usually goes to church every sunday, said she'd avoid church for now, due to the rising numbers.. I also think the insane kinda religion these people practice (not completely sure on what they believe in, but if they are friendly with the bates, it most likely won't be something normal) isn't too popular here.

Also, we have enough nutjobs as it is here. Cases are skyrocketing, hospitals in some areas are doing triage, I'm happy that I can stay home for now and am vaccinated. Ivermectin (?) is sold out in many places. Apparently, many horses have issues right now.. 🤣🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Ivermectin (?) is sold out in many places. Apparently, many horses have issues right now.. 🤣🙄

Oh those poor horses! How many worms there must be running around.  You made me laugh. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@BeccaGrim yeah, when I read it in the news, I was torn between laughter and disbelief. But since I am really getting sick of this whole pandemic and people who think taking horse dewormer or drinking bleach is helpful, while also thinking that the vaccine would be harmful and tracking them, I decided to just laugh about it. Most people who are afraid to be tracked etc love to share their location on Facebook, whenever they can.

I really can't with people anymore..

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic