IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

On 6/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So I watched Lydia's apartment tour, her apartment is a pretty good size (bigger than my first apartment) and it is very neutral/boho but cute. She is also apparently pretty handy, she commented that she made her shelves with instructions from her brother and that she built her own cat tree. Her apartment is very homey and I also envy people who can tie stuff together like that. 

What I found interesting is she showed a bunch of notes Trace left her, including one still stuck to the side of her bed and didn't see to be hiding the fact that Trace has been in her bedroom. 

I think her apartment is more of a duplex than an actual apartment in a complex

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

She had several of those post-it note message from Trace, around her bed and in her room, she said he hides them around for her to find - I took it to mean she finds them & then sticks them to her bedframe to keep nearby her, lol. I also think she said she found ideas for her living room shelves, then had her brother build it with her instructions, not the other way around xD

She specifically said she showed the shelves to her brother and then he taught her to build it. 

As for the notes, she showed a collection on her mirror that she had moved, but there was one on her bed, seperate from the rest. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Per their last YT video, Trace and Lydia will be moving into the place Carlin/Evan just moved out of. Lydia will be trying to move in (alone) end of July, with Trace joining her after they get married on 10/1.

Interesting to watch the video- they are clearly trying hard not to completely shit on the place to insult the Stewart's, but want to update a ton of it and repaint the primary bedroom accent wall.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 4

8 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Per their last YT video, Trace and Lydia will be moving into the place Carlin/Evan just moved out of. Lydia will be trying to move in (alone) end of July, with Trace joining her after they get married on 10/1.

Interesting to watch the video- they are clearly trying hard not to completely shit on the place to insult the Stewart's, but want to update a ton of it and repaint the primary bedroom accent wall.

I dunno, LOL I lost count of how many times he said deep clean. It is a rental though and I don't get renovating the bathroom, but, it appears they know the owner well, so maybe he's paying him or reimbursing costs?

Another one who's painting everything white/neutral, at least so far.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 7

20 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I liked the green accent wall Chad and Erin did a lot better than another white wall, specially when they plan to paint every single wall in the house white already.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, llucie said:

I liked the green accent wall Chad and Erin did a lot better than another white wall, specially when they plan to paint every single wall in the house white already.

I love white walls if there is plenty of color in other places. But these people just put white, beige, black, and brown stuff in the house and it’s so bland. I just yawn looking at it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I like Lydia's style more than Josie's, although they are similar. I like the shelves she built and the cat tree. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I like Lydia's style more than Josie's, although they are similar. I like the shelves she built and the cat tree. 

Maybe because there's a trace of originality in what Lydia does? Josie's style looks just like Pinterest to me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Maybe because there's a trace of originality in what Lydia does? Josie's style looks just like Pinterest to me.

And so obsessed with everything, it's now redundant!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Trace has started an Instagram for his construction business. The instagram handle is tracebatesconstruction but he refers to it as "Bates Construction" in the header. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Trace has started an Instagram for his construction business. The instagram handle is tracebatesconstruction but he refers to it as "Bates Construction" in the header. 

Yep, now that the Paines are moving to FL, Trace is basically doing the same business under his own name - I think Warden is working for or maybe "going into business with" him, and I'm sure Jackson and Isaiah will be doing occasional odd jobs with them. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Yep, now that the Paines are moving to FL, Trace is basically doing the same business under his own name - I think Warden is working for or maybe "going into business with" him, and I'm sure Jackson and Isaiah will be doing occasional odd jobs with them. 

He said in a video recently they Isaiah has his lawn business but works with him and Warden on flooring jobs. 

Jackson seems to be based in Arkansas and is busy doing his own thing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Ok I heard Lydia’s voice for the first time today. What is her accent. She obvs isn’t southern (well not to me anyway). Not being from the USA is there still a trace of German in it. Is she quiet a nasally sounding person or is that her accent. I can’t place her accent. Possibly because she has a mixed accent and I don’t know the English speaking accent she learned.. 

anyone give a non native ear an insight. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok I heard Lydia’s voice for the first time today. What is her accent. She obvs isn’t southern (well not to me anyway). Not being from the USA is there still a trace of German in it. Is she quiet a nasally sounding person or is that her accent. I can’t place her accent. Possibly because she has a mixed accent and I don’t know the English speaking accent she learned.. 

I knew someone who had spent the first half of her life in New Zealand before moving to North Carolina and had an interesting accent based on the mixture (especially because her adult parents held onto their Kiwi accents once moving here). I’m guessing it’s pretty similar for Lydia. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I can hear her German accent when she says driving, moving, or you guys. I can also hear Zoo’s accent even though it’s thought to be very slight. If I met Lydia in real life, I would know English is her second language. But I wouldn’t have been able to pinpoint German. Just that she has an accent. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Every time I see this thread I think it’s Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee ON Purpose? And it makes me giggle.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I agree that Lydia has traces of a German accent, which is not surprising, considering it's her first language and she moved to the States at the age of ten or so? I don't think it's super noticeable, but it's definitely there, if you know what to look out for.

As for the nasal quality, her mom sounds the same when speaking English, so it's possible she got that from her. It reminds me of quite a lot of German English teachers I know, who seem to think that it makes them sound more British. But then again, it may just be her normal voice. Hard to say.

• Upvote 3

The most nasal voice of all fundies is Esther Staddon Frazer. I hope her soon to be newborn twins get used to the sound while in the womb 😝 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

DB866A01-C130-4FE1-9645-937A1F302FAE.thumb.png.97e03db24d0f6456d29329fc0992243d.png42AE9FC0-7807-4682-81C8-B30016A28A42.thumb.png.ac82526834e161f63c8fc5719e27fb11.png

When worlds collide. Scrolling through my feed I was like wtf is one of my fav accounts all the way in the UK got to do with a small minded gun freak bible bashing dipstick in the USA? 
can someone more media savvy tell me how this works. Did he make up that tune compilation and name it and put it out there for others to use? 
Boo I hate seeing fundies cross into my normal world… 

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trace's ex-girlfriend Chaney Kahle changed her last name on social media. I'm not sure what that means, but most likely she got married. (The new last name is probably not her middle name.)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Trace's ex-girlfriend Chaney Kahle changed her last name on social media. I'm not sure what that means, but most likely she got married. (The new last name is probably not her middle name.)

It's a plant

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, RebeccaRay said:

It's a plant

Why did she change her last name on social media to a plant? 

• Upvote 2

When you said it was a plant, I thought you meant a planted account or something. It wasn't until after Becca commented that I googled it and found it's an actual plant that grows. My mistake! We still don't why she changed her name though.

• Upvote 3

I think it is a pun, since the plant 'kale' is part of the brassicaceae family.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

I'm confused about the thread title - Lydia's family were immigrants, not refugees, right? There generally haven't been refugees from Germany in over 30 years. Asking this as someone who works in the refugee non-profit world if someone else who understands the difference could answer.

• I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic