IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

My daughter is in a wedding in June and wearing a similar slip dress. Apparently they are a ‘90s trend, that I didn’t participate in, that is back again. When my daughter sent me a picture of the dress (the bridesmaids all chose their own dresses), I thought it was too casual. But my internet research has prompted me to calm down about it. Still not my style though!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Maybe she had no choice over the dress. I’m not a massive fan but the colour is nice on her. I think the modestly high neckline is what kills me. It should be a slinky sexy dress. 

I just watched their vlog of Lydia's brothers wedding. Lydia and Trace travelled alone to Florida in a car and then it looks like they stayed in a room alone together. The double standard between the Bates sons and Bates daughters when it comes to courting/dating is unreal. There's no way a Bates daughter would've been able to be alone with their boyfriends before marriage. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I just watched their vlog of Lydia's brothers wedding. Lydia and Trace travelled alone to Florida in a car and then it looks like they stayed in a room alone together. The double standard between the Bates sons and Bates daughters when it comes to courting/dating is unreal. There's no way a Bates daughter would've been able to be alone with their boyfriends before marriage. 

I watched it too and they made it pretty clear they were sleeping in bunkbeds, both in the airbnb and later in the hotel. They did travel alone in the car though, but his brothers and sister were driving in the car behind them.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, llucie said:

I watched it too and they made it pretty clear they were sleeping in bunkbeds, both in the airbnb and later in the hotel. They did travel alone in the car though, but his brothers and sister were driving in the car behind them.

I’ve “slept” in bunk beds… :0

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve “slept” in bunk beds… :0

hahaha i dont think it was the case here though since the brothers were in the same room. It was a children bedroom with like 6 bunkbeds.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, llucie said:

hahaha i dont think it was the case here though since the brothers were in the same room. It was a children bedroom with like 6 bunkbeds.

They probably didn’t do anything since other people were in the room. But it’s still unfair since I’m sure they wouldn’t have let a Bates daughter do that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

The slip dress looks awkward because it IS awkward. Slip dresses are super in right now!! But they either are midi style (hitting below knee but above ankle, usually with a slit) or mini (above knee). And the neckline is supposed to hit right at cleavage, not cover your entire chest almost up to collarbone. Also people usually have the waist tailored in to a more fitted silhouette. Here is an example: 

on a thin model  and also on a midsize model

• Upvote 3

On 5/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, JDuggs said:

My daughter is in a wedding in June and wearing a similar slip dress. Apparently they are a ‘90s trend, that I didn’t participate in, that is back again. 

I totally wore actual slips as dresses in the late 90s/early 2000s. I remember being surprised that no one before my generation had figured that out? 😅

Slips (as slips) have always seemed one step removed from a girdle to me though, in terms of ancient torture devices women used to endure. 

• Upvote 2

So the wedding website is up and they are getting married on October 1. There are 8 Bates family members in the wedding (other than Trace). Josie, Addie and Ellie, Warden (best man), Jackson, Isaiah, Willow and Khloe.

Lydia actually lives with a roommate, not alone. 

Jonas Thatcher is in this wedding as well and Logan Smith (and then two of Lydia's brothers). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I totally wore actual slips as dresses in the late 90s/early 2000s. I remember being surprised that no one before my generation had figured that out? 😅

Slips (as slips) have always seemed one step removed from a girdle to me though, in terms of ancient torture devices women used to endure. 

Eh, as a skirt wearer, I love slips -I have several that I've used since I was 12. Their main benefit is creating opaqueness. I have a number of beloved skirts that are ridiculously comfy but the fabric is too pale/sheer/thin.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So the wedding website is up and they are getting married on October 1. There are 8 Bates family members in the wedding (other than Trace). Josie, Addie and Ellie, Warden (best man), Jackson, Isaiah, Willow and Khloe.

Lydia actually lives with a roommate, not alone. 

Jonas Thatcher is in this wedding as well and Logan Smith (and then two of Lydia's brothers). 

They updated and added Jeb as a ring bearer (whicg makes sense as he is Trace's birthday twin). So 7 of Trace's siblings and two of his nieces. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They updated and added Jeb as a ring bearer (whicg makes sense as he is Trace's birthday twin). So 7 of Trace's siblings and two of his nieces. 

I hope Callie doesn't feel left out. It's gotta feel like everyone but her.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I hope Callie doesn't feel left out. It's gotta feel like everyone but her.

No Judson this time, but yeah Callie has been left out of all the weddings in the last year and the other siblings at home have all been in at least one (and the adult siblings have been in the wedding or had their kids, except Michaela).

Nathan: Lawson + Tiffany , Trace. Gen 2: Carson and Brooklyn (Erin), Bradley and Kaci (Zach), Kade (Tori), Lexi (Alyssa).

Katie: Josie, Alyssa, Carlin + Evan, Addallee, Whitney (Zach). Gen 2: Willow (Josie), Layla (Carlin).

Lawson: Nathan, Trace, Jackson, Isaiah, Warden, Judson (as an Usher), Zach (as an Usher), Ellie. Gen 2: Carson (Erin), Bradley, Kaci and Khloe (Zach)

Trace: Warden, Jackson, Isaiah, Josie, Addie, Ellie, Jeb. Gen 2: Willow (Josie), Khloe (Zach) 

I really feel like Callie is the lost Bates. Too young to be grouped with Ellie and Addee, but a little old and a girl so not grouped with Jeb and Judson. I am glad Katie at least had her come visit. 

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So the wedding website is up and they are getting married on October 1.

They are getting married only 14 months after they met.  And I see their gift registries are aggressively bland in color. Carlin, Katie & Josie will approve,

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 5/28/2022 at 2:18 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Chaney is invited 

oh man, I had forgotten about her! I just checked on her--she's busy being perfectly blandly Instagrammable, has a part time job at a florist, and is selling trendy Christian tshirts, of course: https://www.instagram.com/chaney.lane/ 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

On 5/28/2022 at 1:18 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Chaney is invited 

Well Ashley got invited to Nathans wedding

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

That was so cringe. Every single picture was her holding her belly like she was holding a trophy. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was so cringe. Every single picture was her holding her belly like she was holding a trophy. 

I mean, technically it is a fuck trophy. The creampie award.

Cringe is very on brand for Ashley. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed at how awful she is at social media. She's gorgeous externally + is a rare non-Catholic POC fundie, but she has zero awareness of how other people perceive her and so I see why brands don't want to partner with her.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, raayx01 said:

that's what I was getting at lol 

On 6/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, HereticHick said:

oh man, I had forgotten about her! I just checked on her--she's busy being perfectly blandly Instagrammable, has a part time job at a florist, and is selling trendy Christian tshirts, of course: https://www.instagram.com/chaney.lane/ 

So she modeled for BSB and now she is their competitor. I wonder if she got inspired there 

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

So she modeled for BSB and now she is their competitor. I wonder if she got inspired there 

They both sell clothes, but the inventory is different. She is more a competitor of Kristen Nicole Young, who sells similar shirts 

So I watched Lydia's apartment tour, her apartment is a pretty good size (bigger than my first apartment) and it is very neutral/boho but cute. She is also apparently pretty handy, she commented that she made her shelves with instructions from her brother and that she built her own cat tree. Her apartment is very homey and I also envy people who can tie stuff together like that. 

What I found interesting is she showed a bunch of notes Trace left her, including one still stuck to the side of her bed and didn't see to be hiding the fact that Trace has been in her bedroom. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/8/2022 at 8:05 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So I watched Lydia's apartment tour, her apartment is a pretty good size (bigger than my first apartment) and it is very neutral/boho but cute. She is also apparently pretty handy, she commented that she made her shelves with instructions from her brother and that she built her own cat tree. Her apartment is very homey and I also envy people who can tie stuff together like that. 

What I found interesting is she showed a bunch of notes Trace left her, including one still stuck to the side of her bed and didn't see to be hiding the fact that Trace has been in her bedroom. 

She had several of those post-it note message from Trace, around her bed and in her room, she said he hides them around for her to find - I took it to mean she finds them & then sticks them to her bedframe to keep nearby her, lol. I also think she said she found ideas for her living room shelves, then had her brother build it with her instructions, not the other way around xD

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic