IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

23 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I'm confused about the thread title - Lydia's family were immigrants, not refugees, right? There generally haven't been refugees from Germany in over 30 years. Asking this as someone who works in the refugee non-profit world if someone else who understands the difference could answer.

The thread title is tongue in cheek cause if I recall correctly, Lydia’s family sought refuge in the US because homeschooling isn’t allowed in Germany. I don’t their they were granted refugee status but could still permanently stay in the states somehow. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I'm confused about the thread title - Lydia's family were immigrants, not refugees, right? There generally haven't been refugees from Germany in over 30 years. Asking this as someone who works in the refugee non-profit world if someone else who understands the difference could answer.

No they weren’t refugees. However they may believe they were because they weren’t allowed to homeschool in Germany. So they likely played the persecuted Christian part when moving to the US. We know how Christians love to pretend they are being persecuted. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, freethemall said:

They were Asylum seekers from Germany. If you google Romeike family there are tons of news articles about them. 

"the Romeikes took their three oldest children out of school in September 2006 because they felt the school was turning the children against the family’s Christian values. After a series of visits and letters by officials, police came to the house the next month and drove the children to school. Hannelore Romeike went to the school at recess and took them back home. Police came three days later, but members of the family’s home schooling support group were there protesting and police left. Next the government in Germany began issuing fines, which eventually totaled about 7,000 euros, or more than $9,000. The Romeikes decided to leave the country after Germany’s highest appellate court ruled in November 2007 in an unrelated case that, in severe situations, social services officials could take children from their parents. "

They were granted asylum in 2010 by a judge, but then  the U.S. Board of Immigration Appeals overturned it. They went to the supreme court who also denied them asylum. In 2019 they were told by ICE they have 12 months to leave the country.

I couldnt find anything about why they were allowed to remain in the US since 2020.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I couldnt find anything about why they were allowed to remain in the US since 2020.

Maybe because of the pandemic.

On 8/24/2022 at 5:33 AM, llucie said:

According to Wiki they were granted indefinite deferred status. No idea how that works. The two youngest daughters are American citizens so that may have been a factor.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

It was Lydia bachelorette trip with her bridesmaids. It is nice that Ellie got to be a bridesmaid this time and be on the trip.

Her wedding theme is black and white, same as Katie.

2f70a55dd0cb008b39e7b750851790bda7e38830

• Upvote 3

It’s funny how “not fundie” that picture looks. Anyone from the outside looking in would have no clue there are some fundies in that pic. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Guanabana said:

It looks like Addie is also part of the wedding party. 

Yes, Addee and Ellie both. So they each get to be in two of the last four weddings and Callie is in zero. 

Callie and Michal are the only ones who were not involved/had an involved child in any of the four weddings that took place within a year. That has to sting for Callie (Michal I am sure is good with not being involved). 

2 hours ago, llucie said:

It was Lydia bachelorette trip with her bridesmaids. It is nice that Ellie got to be a bridesmaid this time and be on the trip.

Her wedding theme is black and white, same as Katie.

2f70a55dd0cb008b39e7b750851790bda7e38830

It is a pretty standard bachelorette party dress code because everyone owns a black dress. 

Ellie was also one of Tiffany's bridesmaids. 

Edit- Oh I just checked the recap of her Q&A, they are doing black and white but her bridesmaids dresses are actually white. So I do think the black dresses are just for convenience. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

Maybe some of them feel sorry for Addie and Ellie because they are teens but live a boring and sad teen life at home. They don’t get to go to homecoming, prom, senior trip, etc. I think some of the older sisters know they missed out. They know people who actually went to high school. And they aren’t sheltered anymore. They know what they missed out on. I would feel sorry for Addie and Ellie knowing they don’t get to do extra curriculars and probably have plenty of chores. Just like the older sisters had at their age. Although they are lucky they don’t have to be sister moms. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

I have older cousins who were 5-10 years older than me and I was in a few of their weddings as a teen becsuse we were close. They loved taking me places and doing things with me and I loved doing all the fun stuff. 

Edited by CanadianMamam

Zach/Whitney- involved in all 4 weddings. Bradley and Kaci were in Nathan's wedding, Whitney was in Katie's. Bradley, Kaci and Khloe were in Lawson's and Zach was an usher. Khloe will be in Trace's .

Erin- Carson and Brooklyn were in Nathan's, Carson was in Lawson's 

Lawson/Tiffany - both were in Nathan's and their own. 

Nathan/Esther- their own, plus both were in Lawson's wedding.

Alyssa- one of the girls (Zoey?) Was in Nathan's wedding, she was in Katie's. 

Tori- Kade was in Nathan's wedding. 

Trace- Was in both Nathan and Lawson's wedding plus his own. 

Carlin/Evan- Carlin, Evan and Layla were all in Katie's wedding. 

Josie- Was MOH at Katie's wedding and Willow was a flower girl. She is a bridesmaid and Willow a Flower girl for Trace's wedding. 

katie- was in her own. 

Jackson, Warden, Isaiah- In both Lawson and Trace's weddings. 

Addee- In Katie and Trace's weddings.

Ellie- In Lawson and Trace's weddings. 

Judson- An usher at Lawson's wedding 

Jeb- ring bearer in Trace's wedding. 

I feel so bad for Callie who keeps getting left out and passed over. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Guanabana said:

It looks like Addie is also part of the wedding party. 

She is! i mentioned Ellie because in Katies wedding they also did a bachelotte trip just for the bridesmaid and she obviously couldnt participate while Adde was there. She was left babysitting instead wich i thought was kinda shitty for her.

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Callie and Michal are the only ones who were not involved/had an involved child in any of the four weddings that took place within a year. That has to sting for Callie (Michal I am sure is good with not being involved). 

Well Callie is a bit young still to be a bridesmaid and too old to be a flower girl,  thats probably why.

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Oh I just checked the recap of her Q&A, they are doing black and white but her bridesmaids dresses are actually white. So I do think the black dresses are just for convenience. 

I think they are wearing black and white because as they shared on youtube that is the wedding colour theme she choose. All the decorations in the 2 bridal showers were also white and black (mostly white). White is clearly her favorite colour judging by her house decoration videos.

• Upvote 1

I'm old enough to be befuddled by this everything-has-to-be-color-coordinated and posed for Instagram.  Being told what color clothes I have to bring for bachelorette partying would make me pissy. Telling wedding guests what colors to wear is bad enough. I'm glad that my friends and family are more into reading books than posing.

Also--the Bates seem to be constantly going to Destin, Florida--do you think they have some friend with a vacation place that they rent? Is it possible they've acquired a vacation home?  Is it somehow easy to get to from the Knoxville airport? [Its an 8 hr drive from Rocky Top--granted it is the closest part of Florida to Rocky Top]

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm old enough to be befuddled by this everything-has-to-be-color-coordinated and posed for Instagram.  Being told what color clothes I have to bring for bachelorette partying would make me pissy. Telling wedding guests what colors to wear is bad enough. I'm glad that my friends and family are more into reading books than posing.

Also--the Bates seem to be constantly going to Destin, Florida--do you think they have some friend with a vacation place that they rent? Is it possible they've acquired a vacation home?  Is it somehow easy to get to from the Knoxville airport? [Its an 8 hr drive from Rocky Top--granted it is the closest part of Florida to Rocky Top]

Gwen Shamblin? Maybe it’s a Tennessee thing. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I was totally pissy when the maid of honour for a bridal party I was in said that there was a dress code for the bachelorette party (flannel and cowboy hats… nothing I owned already, ugh). Plus we’d already contributed financially to the weekend and also were responsible for bringing all the food and beverages. It felt like a bit much (and this was after organizing a shower, brunch, and other pre-wedding events). $$$$$! I ended up not going because I was heavily pregnant and having car troubles, so I was kind of relieved. For our bachelorette party, we went out for dinner and then my friend rented a hotel room for the night. Super simple, laidback, not restricted to only the bridal party, and no obligation for anyone to come or contribute to it. It was a lot of fun! I think bachelor/bachelorette parties are getting a bit too over the top. Especially since being in a bridal party is already expensive. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Mine kinda had a dress code: PJs as it was a sleepover. But we didn't do matching PJs or any of that, just whatever you had. 

As for Florida, 8 hours isn't unreasonable for a vacation and Florida Air B&B's are so cheap. I have one rented next month with friends and it is a 5th of the price of a waterfront Air B&Bs here (I live in a big cottage/tourist area). 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Zach/Whitney- involved in all 4 weddings. Bradley and Kaci were in Nathan's wedding, Whitney was in Katie's. Bradley, Kaci and Khloe were in Lawson's and Zach was an usher. Khloe will be in Trace's .

Erin- Carson and Brooklyn were in Nathan's, Carson was in Lawson's 

Lawson/Tiffany - both were in Nathan's and their own. 

Nathan/Esther- their own, plus both were in Lawson's wedding.

Alyssa- one of the girls (Zoey?) Was in Nathan's wedding, she was in Katie's. 

Tori- Kade was in Nathan's wedding. 

Trace- Was in both Nathan and Lawson's wedding plus his own. 

Carlin/Evan- Carlin, Evan and Layla were all in Katie's wedding. 

Josie- Was MOH at Katie's wedding and Willow was a flower girl. She is a bridesmaid and Willow a Flower girl for Trace's wedding. 

katie- was in her own. 

Jackson, Warden, Isaiah- In both Lawson and Trace's weddings. 

Addee- In Katie and Trace's weddings.

Ellie- In Lawson and Trace's weddings. 

Judson- An usher at Lawson's wedding 

Jeb- ring bearer in Trace's wedding. 

I feel so bad for Callie who keeps getting left out and passed over. 

Alyssa was moh for Josie and Also I believe in Erins, Micheal and Whitney’s first wedding. I think it was Josie and Carlin and maybe Katie in the second Whitney wedding. Alyssa is the most popular wedding sister. 
katie was in Josie’s wedding. 

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Alyssa was moh for Josie and Also I believe in Erins, Micheal and Whitney’s first wedding. I think it was Josie and Carlin and maybe Katie in the second Whitney wedding. Alyssa is the most popular wedding sister. 
katie was in Josie’s wedding. 

Oh I know. I was just listing the weddings that are taking place in a 12 month period and that poor Callie isn't involved in any of them. 

Alyssa has been a bridesmaid in every sister's wedding plus Zach's. Zach, Whitney or one of their kids has been in every  wedding but Michal's so far. Also, Trace is the brother who has been in the most weddings 

Zach/Whitney- Erin (Zach), Lawson (Zach as an usher, all 3 kids), Nathan (Bradley + Kaci), Alyssa (Whitney), Tori (Z+W), Trace (Khloe), Carlin ((Z+W), Josie (W + Bradley), Katie (Whitney) = Zach (4), Whitney (5), Kids (4)

Michal- Alyssa, Tori, Carlin (M+B)= Michal (3), Brandon (1)

Erin- Michal, Lawson (Carson), Nathan (Carson + Brooklyn), Alyssa, Tori (E+C), Carlin (E+C), Josie (Carson + Brooklyn)= Erin (4), Chad (2), Kids (3)

Lawson- Zach, Michal, Nathan (L+T), Tori, Carlin= Lawson (5), Tiffany (1)

Nathan- Lawson (N+E), Alyssa, Tori, Carlin = Nathan (4), Esther (1)

Alyssa- Zach, Michal, Erin, Nathan (Lexi), Tori, Carlin (A+J), Josie (A + Allie), Katie = Alyssa (7), John (1), kids (2)

Tori- Michal, Erin, Nathan (Kade), Alyssa, Carlin (T+B), Josie (Bobby) = Tori (4), Bobby (2), Kids (1)

Trace- Michal, Lawson, Nathan, Tori, Carlin, Josie = Trace (6)

Carlin- Erin, Tori (C+E), Josie (C+E), Katie (C, E + Layla) = Carlin (4), Evan (3), Kids (1)

Josie- Zach, Tori (J+K), Trace (J + Willow), Carlin (J+K), Katie (Josie + Willow) = Josie (5), Kelton (2), Kids (2)

Katie- Zach, Tori, Carlin, Josie = 4

Jackson- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Warden- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Isasiah- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Addee- Michal, Alyssa, Trace, Carlin, Katie = 5

Ellie- Michal, Lawson, Alyssa, Trace, Carlin = 5

Callie- Michal, Erin, Tori, Carlin = 4

Judson- Michal, Lawson (usher), Alyssa, Tori, Carlin = 4

Jeb- Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie = 4

So Callie has been in 4 wedding but the last one was Carlin's (which everyone was in). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
Edited to add numbers
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 8/29/2022 at 4:13 PM, llucie said:

White is clearly her favorite colour judging by her house decoration videos.

Thank goodness we can expect a change from beige!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

On 8/30/2022 at 1:04 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Oh I know. I was just listing the weddings that are taking place in a 12 month period and that poor Callie isn't involved in any of them. 

Alyssa has been a bridesmaid in every sister's wedding plus Zach's. Zach, Whitney or one of their kids has been in every  wedding but Michal's so far. Also, Trace is the brother who has been in the most weddings 

Zach/Whitney- Erin (Zach), Lawson (Zach as an usher, all 3 kids), Nathan (Bradley + Kaci), Alyssa (Whitney), Tori (Z+W), Trace (Khloe), Carlin ((Z+W), Josie (W + Bradley), Katie (Whitney) = Zach (4), Whitney (5), Kids (4)

Michal- Alyssa, Tori, Carlin (M+B)= Michal (3), Brandon (1)

Erin- Michal, Lawson (Carson), Nathan (Carson + Brooklyn), Alyssa, Tori (E+C), Carlin (E+C), Josie (Carson + Brooklyn)= Erin (4), Chad (2), Kids (3)

Lawson- Zach, Michal, Nathan (L+T), Tori, Carlin= Lawson (5), Tiffany (1)

Nathan- Lawson (N+E), Alyssa, Tori, Carlin = Nathan (4), Esther (1)

Alyssa- Zach, Michal, Erin, Nathan (Lexi), Tori, Carlin (A+J), Josie (A + Allie), Katie = Alyssa (7), John (1), kids (2)

Tori- Michal, Erin, Nathan (Kade), Alyssa, Carlin (T+B), Josie (Bobby) = Tori (4), Bobby (2), Kids (1)

Trace- Michal, Lawson, Nathan, Tori, Carlin, Josie = Trace (6)

Carlin- Erin, Tori (C+E), Josie (C+E), Katie (C, E + Layla) = Carlin (4), Evan (3), Kids (1)

Josie- Zach, Tori (J+K), Trace (J + Willow), Carlin (J+K), Katie (Josie + Willow) = Josie (5), Kelton (2), Kids (2)

Katie- Zach, Tori, Carlin, Josie = 4

Jackson- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Warden- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Isasiah- Zach, Lawson, Trace, Carlin = 4

Addee- Michal, Alyssa, Trace, Carlin, Katie = 5

Ellie- Michal, Lawson, Alyssa, Trace, Carlin = 5

Callie- Michal, Erin, Tori, Carlin = 4

Judson- Michal, Lawson (usher), Alyssa, Tori, Carlin = 4

Jeb- Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie = 4

So Callie has been in 4 wedding but the last one was Carlin's (which everyone was in). 

So sorry love I did not see that was what you meant 

I actually don't remember Callie being in any so it is interesting to know I am wrong 

I don't know how if I was sister I would be able to leave her out when the other two "little" sisters are in the line up but I suppose it is a SIL not a sister 

• I Agree 1

Re: Callie not being in the recent weddings

She's too old to be a flower girl and too young to be a bridesmaid, could maybe be a "junior" bridesmaid. I think the sisters take turns and likely it's based on relationships with one another so not a lot of hard feelings for those not chosen. Doesn't seem to be something worth putting stock into.

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:53 PM, Guanabana said:

According to Wiki they were granted indefinite deferred status. No idea how that works. The two youngest daughters are American citizens so that may have been a factor.

Deferred action is a discretionary status provided by DHS where they basically say "you're not worth the effort to be deported based on our priorities, so you can stay but continue to be undocumented" which is what they conferred in 2019, based on the articles I'm reading online. The pandemic and US born children don't have much else to do with it, people are still deported all the time with both those factors.

Well good for Lydia, marrying Trace will put her on the path to a green card then citizenship. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Re: Callie not being in the recent weddings

She's too old to be a flower girl and too young to be a bridesmaid, could maybe be a "junior" bridesmaid. I think the sisters take turns and likely it's based on relationships with one another so not a lot of hard feelings for those not chosen. Doesn't seem to be something worth putting stock into.

The problem is she also left out of everything. She doesn't travel (as he did get to visit Katie) doesn't seem to partake on the fun activities and we know Kelly has been bragging about her  cooking dinner so Kelly can go out, saw her help clean Carlin's old apartment, etc. But never during any of the fun stuff. At Lawson's wedding, she made it into one group photo but seemed absent for all the tourist stuff (posted by multiple siblings). She just seems like the forgotten child and I feel bad for her. 

• Upvote 3