IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Medical treatment is fine in Zambia.

Unfortunately, they do not seem to have accessed it for the son who has seizures.  Doubt they would seek treatment for him in the US either.  Colloidial silver for him!!!  Expensive (and free) back surgery for Daddy John🤑

Edited by gustava
spelling
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, gustava said:

Unfortunately, they do not seem to have accessed it for the son who has seizures.  Doubt they would seek treatment for him in the US either.  Colloidial silver for him!!!  Expensive (and free) back surgery for Daddy John🤑

I’m not sure that treatment is that easily come by in Zambia. The Canadian government lists under the « health » tab on the travel website that treatment is substandard and not all treatment etc is available. John is a cruddy parent but he may legit not be able to access medical care for his son there. Of course, responsible parents would have flown to South Africa, Namibia, etc to access treatment but Esther has no voice and John is too busy self-glorifying to look after his kids. 

• Upvote 8

In US, Schaders were living with 10 children in a tent. In winter, in a muddy place. No healthcare available for pregnant mom. The fact that they were living in a rich country meant nothing. They probably live better in Zambia, where they have an actual house with an actual bathroom, haven't they? 

When people say Anna has better life than Esther, seems to forget she has to live with the idea that his husband abused his sisters and watched children being tortured. Frankly, central-heating, cars and dentists are not enough to overcome that nightmare. Esther may be poor, but there is a possibility she is content. 

• Upvote 15

No the Shraders had less than 10 kids when they moved to Zambia. If they moved to Zambia in 2012, they had 7 kids at that time.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

Just to clarify, from my records, their 8th child, Sophia, was born in 2013, in the tent (or it might have been a church's basement, I'm hazy. Esther was pregnant with Stephen when they moved to Zambia, in 2014. He's the first child with an "African" middle name. They've had 4 kids (Stephen, Isaiah, Caleb and Joseph) since they've lived there. 

I wouldn't be any of them, they're lives all suck from my perspective. 

ETA to correct a name. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Has he ever said why the heck they didn’t have insurance or Medicaid? What would have happened if Esther had gone into medical distress during a birth? Grrrr this is why every country should have social medicine and every country should have equal access to state of art medical equipment and highly skilled doctors/nurses/lab techs etc. Rant over. 
Bottom line: Both of them would be justified in hating their parents for selling them to the first bidder. 

• Upvote 7

I'd rather be Esther. No matter the "face" Anna puts on in public, in her heart, the realization of what a turd her husband is, and the perpetual fear of having him around the children must be psychological torture.

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I'd rather be Esther. No matter the "face" Anna puts on in public, in her heart, the realization of what a turd her husband is, and the perpetual fear of having him around the children must be psychological torture.

You're being very generous.   She's never given the slightest indication that she's experienced even a moment of fear for her children.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No the Shraders had less than 10 kids when they moved to Zambia. If they moved to Zambia in 2012, they had 7 kids at that time.

They moved in June 2014. Esther was pregnant. John hadn’t arranged a house etc. They stayed in a hotel for the first few nights. Hopefully Esther managed to get some rest after a long g flight with a passel of littles and John the twit. 

• Upvote 6

Someone needs to encourage him to proselytize to the lions. He wants groups that have never heard the Gospel so…… 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I can imagine John sat crossed legged under a tree yacking away whilst the lions snooze in the sun dreaming about how yummy John is going to taste at sundown. John yacks for 11 hours at a time. The lions won’t have to wake up early! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

On 1/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, Expectopatronus said:

Someone needs to encourage him to proselytize to the lions. He wants groups that have never heard the Gospel so…… 

He should go and attempt to proselytize to the North Sentinelese.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

He should go and attempt to proselytize to the North Sentinelese.

I agree, and hope the outcome is the same as for the last guy who tried that.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Reddit had a video posted recently, but Priscilla and Anna spoke in 2015 at an ATI conference, and Priscilla talked about her challenges with her "mental capacities" (her own words) and how difficult homeschool was for her. I think Priscilla is someone has a happy family and home life and I'm grateful for that - we always debate how much agency Anna has and compare her to Katie Morton who was raised subservient but whose family cut ties with her sack of shit husband, but I really feel like Priscilla would've been up shit's creek with a nasty husband. I certainly wouldn't marry David, but at least he doesn't seem to be abusive or putting Priscilla in situations she has no tools for (like living in Africa, abusing their children, etc.) I wonder how they are handling homeschool though?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/s0j2jj/priscilla_waller_on_her_own_mental_capacity/

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

8 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Reddit had a video posted recently, but Priscilla and Anna spoke in 2015 at an ATI conference, and Priscilla talked about her challenges with her "mental capacities" (her own words) and how difficult homeschool was for her. I think Priscilla is someone has a happy family and home life and I'm grateful for that - we always debate how much agency Anna has and compare her to Katie Morton who was raised subservient but whose family cut ties with her sack of shit husband, but I really feel like Priscilla would've been up shit's creek with a nasty husband. I certainly wouldn't marry David, but at least he doesn't seem to be abusive or putting Priscilla in situations she has no tools for (like living in Africa, abusing their children, etc.) I wonder how they are handling homeschool though?

I really hope David helps with the homeschooling. Now that he’s a pastor I would think he could try to make his own daily schedule through the work week and possibly help with the homeschooling. If Pris had that much trouble with school, I imagine she would have a hard time teaching it as well. And if David can’t, they really need to think about sending the kids to school. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/s0j2jj/priscilla_waller_on_her_own_mental_capacity/

I've thought about that as well.  Seeing as she was older I am SO glad Pa Keller didn't sell her to Josh.  I'm not saying it was okay for him to give Anna to him, but my heart would have broken if it was Pris.

Anna is a victim yes, but she's also a smug bitch who thinks she's better than other people.  The idea of Josh with someone as genuinely kind and vulnerable as Pris seems would have been so much worse.  

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hope David helps with the homeschooling. Now that he’s a pastor I would think he could try to make his own daily schedule through the work week and possibly help with the homeschooling. If Pris had that much trouble with school, I imagine she would have a hard time teaching it as well. And if David can’t, they really need to think about sending the kids to school. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in some kind of homeschooling group where it's not all on her.  David is a lot of things, most of them awful, but he's smart enough to know the kids will need something extra and either provide it himself or orchestrate it.

I hope anyway...the bar is in the basement, Waller...don't drop the ball on this.

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've thought about that as well.  Seeing as she was older I am SO glad Pa Keller didn't sell her to Josh.  I'm not saying it was okay for him to give Anna to him, but my heart would have broken if it was Pris.

Anna is a victim yes, but she's also a smug bitch who thinks she's better than other people.  The idea of Josh with someone as genuinely kind and vulnerable as Pris seems would have been so much worse.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in some kind of homeschooling group where it's not all on her.  David is a lot of things, most of them awful, but he's smart enough to know the kids will need something extra and either provide it himself or orchestrate it.

I hope anyway...the bar is in the basement, Waller...don't drop the ball on this.

They used to get together with Robert and  Kendalyn’s family a lot. But they haven’t since they moved. I always suspected maybe they were part of a co op with Robert and Kendalyn. But had no proof. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They used to get together with Robert and  Kendalyn’s family a lot. But they haven’t since they moved. I always suspected maybe they were part of a co op with Robert and Kendalyn. But had no proof. 

No way to know but that would make sense, given how close they were.

• Upvote 4

Maybe David can push their church into starting either a coop or a church school.  I think a school would be a good thing for them.

• Upvote 13

13 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Maybe David can push their church into starting either a coop or a church school.  I think a school would be a good thing for them.

Their church might actually be big enough for a co op. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree, and hope the outcome is the same as for the last guy who tried that.

Two concerns with that; he’s unvaxxed and the North Sentinelese are highly vulnerable to any type of infection AND the dude would bring his whole family with him as an example of the perfect Christian family. Esther and the kids don’t deserve to be killed just because John is a pompous windbag. Maybe Zambia will finally deport him? 

• I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Two concerns with that; he’s unvaxxed and the North Sentinelese are highly vulnerable to any type of infection AND the dude would bring his whole family with him as an example of the perfect Christian family. Esther and the kids don’t deserve to be killed just because John is a pompous windbag. Maybe Zambia will finally deport him? 

As long as he goes by himself, I feel like there's no risk and no worry. They'll kill him on sight. Although I suppose even dumping the body in the ocean could expose them.

But people don't have COVID 24/7, and I'm guessing he'd still have to have a negative test in order to fly.

Other possibilities back home in Zambia include going down in a bush plane crash though. The planes in that area are really rickety, and small planes in general are risky. The vast majority of American plane crashes are small planes, with I believe Alaskan bush pilots taking the brunt of it just via the numbers game.

Edit: This ISB/brainstorm courtesy of getting Esther out from under her awful husband, not simply to take joy in the death of another human-ish person.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Reddit had a video posted recently, but Priscilla and Anna spoke in 2015 at an ATI conference, and Priscilla talked about her challenges with her "mental capacities" (her own words) and how difficult homeschool was for her.

This raises a lot of concerns for me as quite often people who have learning differences also have children who have learning differences. I feel so badly that Priscilla didn't go to a public school where she would get the support she needed to do the best she could do, and it upsets me even more that they are sentencing another generation to substandard learning, especially for any of their children who do have learning differences.

I love the Hank zipzer books co-written by Lynn Oliver and Henry Winkler because they call them learning differences instead of learning disabilities.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What makes you think Priscilla isn't smug? Most if not all fundies are smug. I'm never seen her interact with anyone of the LGBTQ community, but I have a feeling she would be quite smug and hateful towards them. 

A lot of "nice" people are nice to those who they see as being like themselves, but different when they 're around people who aren't like them.

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic