IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Isn’t that in one of the Abeka books? That God used slavery to bring the African nations to Jesus? Ditto the The Trail of Tears and the Indigenous Peoples? I don’t blame kids for not knowing better but surely to goodness by his age Pa Keller should know that this is hateful, false and total garbage. 

Didn’t he live in the normal world until adulthood? He knows he spouts rubbish. His rubbish fills churches with squeaky happy people so that’s good enough for him. He married poor Esther to John boy Shrader. He is a despicable human being and father for marrying two daughters to awful people. Priscllas lot is life isn’t much better. The FDW doesn’t appear to avoid the hard work of flipping / doing up houses, their kids have a stable upbringing in that respect.  The bar is low though when David Waller is the best of three. 😡

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn’t he live in the normal world until adulthood? He knows he spouts rubbish. His rubbish fills churches with squeaky happy people so that’s good enough for him. He married poor Esther to John boy Shrader. He is a despicable human being and father for marrying two daughters to awful people. Priscllas lot is life isn’t much better. The FDW doesn’t appear to avoid the hard work of flipping / doing up houses, their kids have a stable upbringing in that respect.  The bar is low though when David Waller is the best of three. 😡

Look at all the fundie spouses of the Keller kids that Pa Keller happily approved. John Schrader (lazy loser narcissist), Josh Duggar (in federal prison for CSA), David Waller (the pecan thief), Nurie Rodrigues (she’s a Rod, that’s enough to just run away immediately), and Hannah Reber (the daughter of the family that housed the piece of shit Josh during the trial). They are by far the worst when picking spouses for their kids. 

I know we don’t know a lot about the spouses that were not chosen by the parents, but they seem to be ok from the outside looking in. The spouses of Rebekah, Suze, and Daniel aren’t in prison or constantly grifting money so they seem better in just that sense. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 2/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear if 1 year olds could talk on their birthday, they would all say, “why is everyone singing to me and staring at me? Why is this cake on fire? What am I supposed to do? Why am I wearing this stupid pointy hat? Is this whole cake just for me!?”

the pics of my kiddos perfectly pretty well NAIL that. You can see the quizzical look like "why are you ... singing? ... why is everyone looking at me.... what is that? a cupcake? with a FLAME?? and you want me to ... what?" 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Look at all the fundie spouses of the Keller kids that Pa Keller happily approved. John Schrader (lazy loser narcissist), Josh Duggar (in federal prison for CSA), David Waller (the pecan thief), Nurie Rodrigues (she’s a Rod, that’s enough to just run away immediately), and Hannah Reber (the daughter of the family that housed the piece of shit Josh during the trial). They are by far the worst when picking spouses for their kids. 

I know we don’t know a lot about the spouses that were not chosen by the parents, but they seem to be ok from the outside looking in. The spouses of Rebekah, Suze, and Daniel aren’t in prison or constantly grifting money so they seem better in just that sense. 

Didn't they pick Rebekah's first husband though? I think Rebekah married someone they approved and it didn't work out. I'm not 100% sure though.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Didn't they pick Rebekah's first husband though? I think Rebekah married someone they approved and it didn't work out. I'm not 100% sure though.

Yes, that was Josh MacDonald. We don’t know that much about him. But he was probably the best out of the bunch based on the fact that the couple decided to divorce when things weren’t working instead of staying in a marriage just because your church tells you to. I believe he did stick up for his in laws a very long time ago. But that was so long ago that who knows how he feels about the Kellers now. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

The mainstream press picked up the story 

It would have been interesting if they wrote some information about his “ministry” in prisons.  How will JRod spin this to make Mike Keller (did you know his son married her daughter-sarcasm font) look good?  

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, KWLand said:

It would have been interesting if they wrote some information about his “ministry” in prisons.  How will JRod spin this to make Mike Keller (did you know his son married her daughter-sarcasm font) look good?  

She won’t acknowledge it. The most she will do is give some sort of vague social media screed about haters and this evil world blah blah blah. 

• Upvote 15

37 minutes ago, KWLand said:

The sad thing is Jill probably doesn't have the education to know why it's wrong. It's a failing of her parents that she may not have learned a lot of history in their homeschooling. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The sad thing is Jill probably doesn't have the education to know why it's wrong. It's a failing of her parents that she may not have learned a lot of history in their homeschooling. 

C'mon, she's in her 40's. It's time to stop blaming her parents and blame the woman herself! Yes, her parents were awful and her homeschooling probably sucked. A lot of us learned nothing but white savior history but have taken it on ourselves to learn what we lacked. At this point she's stuck in her ignorance because Jill wants to remain ignorant. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

The part that upset me is the statistics show that there is a good chance that the prison “ministry” Keller is primarily made up of minorities.   People that we always assumed but now know he detests and erases their history and does so from the pulpit.  It’s disgusting and that’s why prison “ministries” need to be regulated.

neither Jill nor Mike will educate themselves or their children on American history.  Their children were engaged at Stonewall Jackson Park (or site can’t remember) and Jill stressed the Stonewall Jackson part just like she stressed Anna Duggars brother.  I’m sure it’s a beautiful place but yuck to the name.

• Upvote 17

On 6/28/2023 at 4:49 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Didn't they pick Rebekah's first husband though?

Yes, but that was actually a good match. Yes, it ended in divorce, but during their marriage they took many good decisions: they used birth control just after 2 children because they felt overwhelmed and sent them to a school. While they were close to Kellers, they did their own way and didn't agree with all Kellers said. They were mature enough to end a relationship that wasn't working. 

• Upvote 13

I can’t recall the TV series name, but in the 1960’s it presented the wacky adventures of an all-female military unit. Well, all female except a guy named Marion.
The draft board -or was it a first generation computer? - thought Ric “Marion” was a feminine name so that’s where the guy was assigned. Hilarity ensued, of course. 

Stay hydrated, friends. 

• Upvote 4

Pa Keller, who's impressively bad at marrying his daughters even by fundy standards.  Its amazing that of the 3 daughters still married to the people he chose, Priscilla has by far the best husband.  And its honestly a hard decision as to who has the worst life, The one married to the convicted paedophile, but who has access to food, medical care, niceish shelter, family and friends (and childcare help). Or the one in Africa, with a crazy person, poor healthcare, no social support and double digit kids.

The fact that the daughter married to the paedophile doesn't automatically have the worst life of her sisters, show's just how awful Pa Keller is.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 7

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Oh, but Jill loves history! She tells us so repeatedly in her posts. Whenever they travel, they visit historical sites, where the boys desecrate the buildings while Jill films filtered selfies explaining the history for her viewers and completely misinterpreting whatever information is on the interpretive panels. Then the family sings a hymn, no matter whether it’s appropriate or not. She just wept over the Ryman Auditorium because it’s no longer used as a church!  

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, imokit said:

Pa Keller, who's impressively bad at marrying his daughters even by fundy standards.  Its amazing that of the 3 daughters still married to the people he chose, Priscilla has by far the best husband.  And its honestly a hard decision as to who has the worst life, The one married to the convicted paedophile, but who has access to food, medical care, niceish shelter, family and friends (and childcare help). Or the one in Africa, with a crazy person, poor healthcare, no social support and double digit kids.

The fact that the daughter married to the paedophile doesn't automatically have the worst life of her sisters, show's just how awful Pa Keller is.

David might be the “best” husband *shudder*, but he is awful in all other ways (which I know everyone will agree).  He uses the pulpit to spread hate and has a pretty large church (I think) so his influence is reaching further than the non-Joshs of the family.   He appears charming and involved in the family and like a good dad, which makes him scary because people will fall for that charm.  Unlike many fundies he has the charisma to say things and it believable and to the person really searching for a place to belong he’s their key.  It’s a shame 

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Interesting that the mainstream press is paying attention after Shiny Happy People and not before.

Exactly what I was thinking. This isn’t the first time he’s a preached racist/sexist sermon and not the first time he preached at Waller‘s church. I‘m hoping more stories like this are picked up after SHP. 19 Kids presented him as a very mild mannered man which is so dangerous for covering up what he really is.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, KWLand said:

David might be the “best” husband *shudder*, but he is awful in all other ways (which I know everyone will agree).  He uses the pulpit to spread hate and has a pretty large church (I think) so his influence is reaching further than the non-Joshs of the family.   He appears charming and involved in the family and like a good dad, which makes him scary because people will fall for that charm.  Unlike many fundies he has the charisma to say things and it believable and to the person really searching for a place to belong he’s their key.  It’s a shame 

Please don't think I ever defended David. He looks good in a line up with Josh and Shrader dude.  I know he's bloody scary and I worry how he treats Priscilla who's admitted to having learning needs.

He's far better than Josh and Shrader.  Those two are are so awful that far better than them is still horrific.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Pecan has always come across as the squeaky clean fundie man of god. We know better of course. So I’m very glad this all went down at his church and it’s his father in law. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. This isn’t the first time he’s a preached racist/sexist sermon and not the first time he preached at Waller‘s church. I‘m hoping more stories like this are picked up after SHP. 19 Kids presented him as a very mild mannered man which is so dangerous for covering up what he really is.

I would be fascinated to figure out what made Keller the way he is. Not just the bigot, that part I can figure out as it allows him to feel like he is above others and stokes his ego, but what made him sell off his kids to the first bidder? Shrader isn’t a prize in any circle, Josh was known to be “tarnished” in IFB circles, the Rodrigues family isn’t exactly fundie royalty so what gives? Waller was climbing the ranks in IBLP and Priscilla seems genuinely sweet (and heartbreakingly has no self-esteem )so this match makes sense but I don’t get the others. 

• Upvote 9

I've been following Emily Elizabeth Anderson (one of the people interviewed on SHP) for a while on FB under her "Thriving Forward" public group.  She posted this just now (and indicated in comments it's okay to share) - 

Since the release of the documentary a few people have asked me who the male assistant was who watched Gothard groom me late at night in his office, so I’d like to go ahead and go record with that individual’s identity.

The man is David Waller. David and his now wife Priscilla (yes, Anna Duggar’s sister), were both working at IBLP HQ when I was there in 2011. They began their courtship just a few weeks after I left, and soon after Gothard left his position as President of IBLP, David was brought on as the director of The Advanced Training Institute (ATI).

Over the span of two weeks, David watched closely as Gothard sexually groomed me (which included being present for late night sessions and inappropriate questioning as to my sexual and romantic relationship history), as Gothard persuaded me to come up to HQ, and then he assisted Gothard in crafting manipulative ways to coerce me into staying at HQ, against my and my mother’s wishes.

David and his wife Pricilla have since left ATI and David now serves as lead pastor of Fairpark Baptist Church in TX.

If you are wondering if Waller has since changed in the last decade and now chooses to hold abusers accountable, I can personally say I believe he has NOT. Just last year he penned a letter to the judge who was sentencing Josh Duggar for possession of CSAM and he asked the judge for leniency. He wrote, “As a pastor who cares about the spiritual condition of people, I urge you to consider how much his wife and seven children need him in their lives…to be brought back home to provide not just financial, but spiritual guidance in the family.”

David has never personally reached out to me to apologize or take ownership of his enabling of Gothard’s abuse during my stay at HQ.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 33
  • Love 1

Holy smokes, I just saw that too. Both Pa Keller with his racist sermon and David Waller publicly exposed in one week. Here's the original screenshot with David's face she also included.

Link to Pa Keller's disgusting sermon which I posted on the Anna Duggar thread but I'll put it here too: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuCzFGYpt1a/?img_index=1

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-29at8_26_10PM.png.79ad987ad840c01992484007053ef735.pngScreenshot2023-06-29at8_26_14PM.png.4b9cc426d2fa4c77fae1fcbb86ab195a.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic