IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller 11: Pecanling Number Six Is Here

GreyhoundFan

Ma Keller was 43.3 when she gave birth to her youngest. Priscilla has quite a few more years until she's done - I have no doubt she'll be pregant this year, if she isn't already. Hell, Esther might even have one more, but hopefully not. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

According to Jill ma Keller had 9 miscarriages though. 

That would certainly explain the 4 year gaps between Anna and Susanna, and Susanna and Nathan. Poor Ma Keller. 

• Upvote 13

• 1 month later...

I don't think (or know) if Priscilla is pregnant, but my prediction is: the next Waller boy will be named in Pat Robertson's honor. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't think (or know) if Priscilla is pregnant, but my prediction is: the next Waller boy will be named in Pat Robertson's honor. 

The crazy thing is that Pat isn’t his legal name. He’s Marion Gordon Robertson. But he thought Marion was too effeminate so he goes by the Nickname Pat. I guess he’s always been sexist. No surprise there.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The crazy thing is that Pat isn’t his legal name. He’s Marion Gordon Robertson. But he thought Marion was too effeminate so he goes by the Nickname Pat. I guess he’s always been sexist. No surprise there.

Marion was also John Wayne's real name: Marion Robert Morrison.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Marion was also John Wayne's real name: Marion Robert Morrison.

I think of Marion as the male spelling and Marian as the female spelling. I don’t know if those are the most common spellings for baby boys and girls with the name. Or if that’s just what my brain has associated with the spellings. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Lol I thought the same thing. Although I thought they would go for Patrick and call him, Pat.

• Upvote 3

There is an association with the male name Marion or, specifically Francis Marion with a revolutionary war hero (of the south).  Mel Gibson’s character in The Patriot is based on him.  (Sorry, genealogical related name nerd sort of moment there.  Marion and Francis Marion show up on my family tree).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Marion Motley played for the Cleveland Browns. He's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was one of four African Americans to break the color barrier in the NFL.

Of course there's also infamous former Washington DC mayor, Marion Berry.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

There are many E. European (and German) men with the name "Marjan", "Marian", "Maria" etc; it's my brother's middle name, in fact - after my grandad, and many great x grandfathers. Usually a middle name these days, and at least back to those born in the 1900s. If I see a man called "Marion", I just assume they are Catholic, at least within the last 2-3 generations. If I then find out they go by "Patrick" (or Pat) I'm really thinking Catholic... which looks like it was the case about 200+ years before PR was born. He seems to have been pretty anti-Catholic, like his father. Yet.... his given name, and his chosen name scream "CATHOLIC". Guess it could be worse - christened Marion but chose "Gunner", "Axton", "Zade" or "Anchor", for example. 

Anyway, like they say, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet - a televangelist by any other name still stinks.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Guess it could be worse - christened Marion but chose "Gunner", "Axton", "Zade" or "Anchor", for example. 

Surprised he didn't go for Rock Robertson. 

Our current Texas attorney began life as Dannie Scott Goeb. He started in radio and TV at 18  and from there he went to Dan Scott then to Dan Patrick as on-air names and the latter became the name he was known by in public life. He is most definitely Catholic.  His whole name saga is here: danpatrick.org/truth/

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Surprised he didn't go for Rock Robertson. 

Our current Texas attorney began life as Dannie Scott Goeb. He started in radio and TV at 18  and from there he went to Dan Scott then to Dan Patrick as on-air names and the latter became the name he was known by in public life. He is most definitely Catholic.  His whole name saga is here: danpatrick.org/truth/t

Oh my goodness.  That is....mouth dropping.

• Upvote 1

I like that the kids just look like typical kids in the picture they posted. Tired, slightly disheveled and not the fake, uptight poses that J Rod favours. Both parents give off anxious vibes but they seem to be raising relaxed kids. And I love the expressive faces of the offspring. 
Did they always allow shorts? I’m almost certain that the Keller kids weren’t allowed to wear them. I also noticed that Deborah is in pants. Is the IBLP loosening up its dress code? 
Ugly beliefs still remain the same, I’m sure. 

• Upvote 13

Speaking of nicknames… I saw a tiktok the other day about how in America, especially in the Midwest and south, you will only see the nicknames of people running for local office in small towns. Because no one knows their real name. So you’ll see signs all over the place that say “Bubba Jenkins for sheriff.” Or “Tiny Thompson for city council.” And it’s so damn true. If it said their real name, people who be like, who the fuck is that? Even though they’ve known the person since high school. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see Pa Keller’s heinous sermon given at Pecan’s church recently? It’s on Reddit and I can’t link it here. It’s…horrible. Really horrible. Summary: enslaved black people didn’t protest their enslavement but instead depended on prayer and God to be set free by white presidents. The implication is protesting for equal rights is wrong.

I can’t.

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 16
  • WTF 11
  • Thank You 3

If Pa Keller hadn't been such an uneducated bigot, he might know about slave rebellions which I would classify as protesting their enslavement.  But no, the white Christian man just opens his mouth and out spills a bunch of pure sludge nonsense and everyone is supposed to be impressed.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

Every time I see this thread roll up to the top, I click expecting a baby announcement. Instead, another message from Bigots-R-Us. What about all those people who escaped via the Underground Railroad? What about those who risked punishment by learning to read in secret? What about Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth? There are so many holes in his argument it’s airier than a Swiss cheese. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9

I would expect nothing less from a man who happily gave is daughter to Josh Duggar. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 17

This is what Nathan Keller learned from Pa Keller. Nurie presumably has a pretty crummy education being a graduate of Jill Rod, and she wouldn't contradict her husband or father-in-law, so this is what their children will learn to be true. Said sarcastically: fantastic. 

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, postscript said:

Every time I see this thread roll up to the top, I click expecting a baby announcement. Instead, another message from Bigots-R-Us. What about all those people who escaped via the Underground Railroad? What about those who risked punishment by learning to read in secret? What about Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth? There are so many holes in his argument it’s airier than a Swiss cheese. 

They may not have learned these things from their Wisdom Booklets...

Also, I suspect the average IQ of this bunch teeters at the low edge of normal.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, postscript said:

Pa Keller says white people taught the slaves to read so they could read the Bible. (Ignorant bastard.) I’m sure he believes that those black people were fortunate that they were abducted and enslaved because then the kindly white people could tell them all about Jesus. 

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would expect nothing less from a man who happily gave is daughter to Josh Duggar. 

Josh Duggar, aka a PREDATOR...

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Josh Duggar, aka a PREDATOR...

Josh Duggar, aka CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER PREDATOR

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1

8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Pa Keller says white people taught the slaves to read so they could read the Bible. (Ignorant bastard.) I’m sure he believes that those black people were fortunate that they were abducted and enslaved because then the kindly white people could tell them all about Jesus. 

Isn’t that in one of the Abeka books? That God used slavery to bring the African nations to Jesus? Ditto the The Trail of Tears and the Indigenous Peoples? I don’t blame kids for not knowing better but surely to goodness by his age Pa Keller should know that this is hateful, false and total garbage. 

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic