IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

Jill looks great. I wish her a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

Sam is due to start Kindergarten in the autumn, so Jill will only have one child at home during the day. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Jill looks great. I wish her a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

Sam is due to start Kindergarten in the autumn, so Jill will only have one child at home during the day. 

I can't believe Sammy is that old. I'm happy for Jill and hope she has a healthy pregnancy. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Who doesn't? That pregnancy lasted like 80 weeks or something.. at least it felt like that.

Enough of the snark. She looks amazing and I'm genuinely happy for her! I hope all goes well and as much as I love homebirths, I hope she delivers in a hospital.

She had 2 c-sections I think. I would imagine she’s have a third with this one. Hopefully not trying a v-back but you never know. I think Izzy & Sam were big babies too. My ob told me he would never recommend more than 3-4 c-sections. After that, it was too risky for a rupture. So I guess I just hope she’s getting good medical care and not relying on her own (iffy in my opinion) medical knowledge.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

She does look lovely  thanks for posting it 

I wish her well and genuinely mean it. She is far from perfect but she has made massive strides. I'm hopeful she keeps it up. To the point that we have no reason to say oh but they still have horrible beliefs...

Yes her beliefs are horrible, but despite all that I hope she has a healthy and happy pregnancy.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Jill has come a long way. She looks happy, relaxed, content in her skin. I am actually happy for them. This little one is wanted, loved, will be taken care of with all she/he will need including an education, not just a number. Izzy and Sam are old enough to be able to entertain themselves while Jill tends to the baby. I definitely don't see a laundry room breakdown in her future. 

• Upvote 20

All of Jill babies including this one will have time alone with just mum.

Isreal as the oldest pre Sam.  Sam has been having the last two years with Izzy in school.  This baby will have mum time as Sam will be joining Izzy in school for a few hours a day in September.

Even if they decide to have a 4th soon after this one, all of the first 4 children all of them will get mum time.

By educating their kids, the kids also get their own social groups and education without mum juggling babies and toddlers.

The Dillard kids are not Duggar kids, their lives will be completely different from their mum's.

image.png.f291fee77398e2cf4bdf792ce0a26ff6.png

It makes this leaving court meme all the more powerful. She was pregnant at that trial, and she and Derrick would have known it.  She would have sat in the court room listening to the verdict, and her parents failings wearing jewellery made by her children and knowingly pregnant.

They are still likely scary conservative by my standards.  But they are mainstream Republicans now, not Fundies.

• Upvote 26
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

Jill looks radiant. I like the new highlights in her hair, and that dress is super cute on her.

I wonder if she'll get a girl this time.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She must have gotten pregnant immediately after her miscarriage. She posted about her miscarriage October 11th and is now due in July, meaning she would have conceived in October. I got pregnant immediately after mkiscarriage, so I know it happens. 

Same, I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks in August 2014 and got pregnant with twins in October 2014, my OB said your more fertile in the moths following a miscarriage. 

7 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Here you go!

Hide contents

image.png.43e09680ce4c43b487ad98a0912a5c3b.png

image.thumb.png.4f6a6143476f252729264601faba347d.png

They look great. Jill has come a long way in her own style from frumpers and crunchy hair. It's nice to see her "allowed" to be herself. 

• Upvote 8

I’m happy for them, I’m glad they waited a few years after Izzy and Sam and this child will be going to school as well. 

• Upvote 5

She looks wonderful. The family looks happy. The kids are well cared for, well fed and will make good big brothers. I am happy for her and wish her the best. 

Oh and this morning when I saw "Jill is pregnant again", my first though was Jill R. and I almost fainted. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 34
  • I Agree 1

I’m so happy for them, and ya know what, I’m feeling a little leg humpery today, she looks amazeballs. I hope it’s a girlllllll eeeeeeeeee!

• Upvote 10

25 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

At least this new baby won't have to meet Uncle Josh for a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jill never lets this child or any subsequent children EVER meet Uncle Josh. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 1

Jill looks really great in those photos. I was Grandma-Like worried about the pregnant lady walking in that ice, though 😬 haha Good for her for spacing out so she will get that quiet baby time at home while the boys are in school. I imagine she will probably at least attempt a trial of labor to see if she can manage a VBA2C. There are a few Drs here who will give that a chance. I hope she doesn't try off-grid homebirth again 😬

I'm very interested to see how long the Dillards keep up the momentum of deconstruction they've got going.

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I’m so happy for them, and ya know what, I’m feeling a little leg humpery today, she looks amazeballs. I hope it’s a girlllllll eeeeeeeeee!

I do too. I think Jill would do a great job with a daughter and let her have the childhood Jill didn’t have. I think it would be nice for Jill to get to do things with her daughter she never got a chance to do. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 14

I'd be shocked if they did a homebirth.

I don't think they've ever talked about how Sam was delivered, but some of the falling out the had with TLC/JB was related to Sam being in NICU and no money being given to fund it.  They've never elaborated on what happened or why but I can't see her risking it especially after her miscarriage and seeing what happened with Joy's stillbirth with Annabelle.  They are also pro vaccination, pro mask and can be assumed pro modern healthcare.

They won't risk their miracle rainbow baby with medical stupidity.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 18

I’m really happy for them also. My guess is they will have a 4th within 2 years or so and then be done. That way everyone has a sibling close in age.  That’s what I meant to do, but by the time mine were 5/7 I was having so much fun with older kids I didn’t want to start over. Now that they’re 18/20 I’m really glad that I don’t also have 11/13.  But that’s just me, I’m very happy for them!

• Upvote 14

7 minutes ago, Travelfan said:

I’m really happy for them also. My guess is they will have a 4th within 2 years or so and then be done. That way everyone has a sibling close in age.  That’s what I meant to do, but by the time mine were 5/7 I was having so much fun with older kids I didn’t want to start over. Now that they’re 18/20 I’m really glad that I don’t also have 11/13.  But that’s just me, I’m very happy for them!

I contemplated doing this but my third pregnancy and delivery were awful. Multiple hospital stays, a premature c-section and then a NICU stay and a bad case of PPD. There was no way I could have handled another pregnancy after that, physically or mentally.

• Love 15

Jill looks awesome - 1/3 pregnancy glow, 1/3 awesome hair, 1/3 dropping her deadbeat family of origin! :evil-laugh:

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 19

Unpopular Opinion: I can't say I'm happy for them. Derick may have passed the bar last month, and he may not have. They don't seem to have much of a fallback career planned, other than social media influencers. They have walked back many of the most problematic beliefs, but still believe that physical punishment is acceptable. I still remember them restraining their kids, defending hitting kids with wooden spoons, etc. They also took all kinds of pictures of their little ones balancing in dangerous situations.

I can't even begin to start on the gender politics of boy or girl. 

At least the child will have a good education and hopefully she's getting real prenatal care. I do hope Jill has a healthy pregnancy and a safe birth experience.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 12

I hope Jill has a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

I have a feeling this birth will be monetised - we’ll be directed to their YouTube or blog foe news and there’ll be paid partnerships galore. Derick was seething about not getting expenses paid for the previous births- he’s in control now and they’ll make sure it pays. 
Kudos to them for giving their children the gift of books and education- but they get very little privacy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

She does look lovely  thanks for posting it 

I wish her well and genuinely mean it. She is far from perfect but she has made massive strides. I'm hopeful she keeps it up. To the point that we have no reason to say oh but they still have horrible beliefs...

Religious deconstruction is a long and continuous process.  (I’ve never been fundie or anything like that, but I am fascinated by stories about cults and the people who’ve managed to leave them.)  Jill has been in the deconstruction process for a few years now, and it seems she’s already come a long way from where she was even during the time of the Megyn Kelly interview (where at the time she had only been married about a year but was still in the IBLP cult).  There are a lot of beliefs that she was raised with that she’s had to work through and deconstruct and change perspective on.  I don’t ever expect her or her husband to become liberals, but I think if she can manage to shed some of the most toxic beliefs she was indoctrinated with, she’ll have come a long way.

I hope she has a healthy and generally complication-free pregnancy.  I’m also hoping she’s having a girl this time.  Given how poorly girls and women are valued in the IBLP, I hope she gets the chance to raise a daughter who won’t be taught to believe the same toxic patriarchal values that were drilled into Jill from a young age.

• Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She looks wonderful. The family looks happy. The kids are well cared for, well fed and will make good big brothers. I am happy for her and wish her the best. 

Oh and this morning when I saw "Jill is pregnant again", my first though was Jill R. and I almost fainted. 

I hope both JillPM and OfJillPM are both dried up on the inside. They don't need any more kids to negelect and starve. 

• I Agree 8

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I do too. I think Jill would do a great job with a daughter and let her have the childhood Jill didn’t have. I think it would be nice for Jill to get to do things with her daughter she never got a chance to do. 

I agree, the Dillards are the only couple that I wish to have a girl.

With Jill’s past she will make sure het daughter feels loved, appreciated and empowered. I also assume that she will be able to go to college and have a career if she wanted to.

Will she have exactly the same freedom as the boys? That we will have to see but from all the couples, a girl will have most chances in life in their house.

It will also be a good example for her cousins on how life could be. 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic