IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

The Bible has marriages that are not one man and one woman though - like a man and several wives? There's not just one type of marriage in the Bible. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

The Bible has marriages that are not one man and one woman though - like a man and several wives? There's not just one type of marriage in the Bible. 

Shhh don’t come in here with your inconvenient facts!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 31

10 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

That’s the Old Testament, which they don’t believe in, except when they do.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 22

On 2/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It was the 22nd and 23rd so if he did it's over now.  

I know it's not uncommon to fail the first time, but I don't know the stats on how many pass on their second go round.  Does anyone here know?  

Idk if it's different in AR, but every lawyer I know (several in the family) graduated law school and then got a job and took the bar on their employers dime.  That wasn't recently so Idk if it's changed or it's unique to my area.  

It is uncommon to fail the first time, and people who do are more likely to fail again. That's why February pass rates are lower.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

It is uncommon to fail the first time, and people who do are more likely to fail again. That's why February pass rates are lower.

Thanks for the correction.

There are still jobs he can get with a JD without passing the bar exam, is he working at all?

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thanks for the correction.

There are still jobs he can get with a JD without passing the bar exam, is he working at all?

I have a friend who failed the bar six times, and eventually passed on the seventh try. He had a job with a criminal defense firm, and essentially worked as a paralegal until he passed. He got a huge pay raise when he finally passed the exam.

• Upvote 8

He can do many things, just not actually practice law. The hard part is that you can seem over qualified gor a lot of jobs, but in some fields there are jd preferred jobs that don't need a license. He could also be a paralegal, or help with doc review things.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, justoneoftwo said:

According to one website, Arkansas has a pass rate of 63% and it’s considered one of the toughest (bar max, no idea how credible the website is). Do you know what percent of people fail more than three times? Is there a limit to the number of attempts ? 

• Upvote 1

Do we actually know that Derrick failed the first time? We know he didn’t pass, but is there any reason he might not have attempted it? And likewise, have they said anything at all about him attempting it in Feb?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Do we actually know that Derrick failed the first time? We know he didn’t pass, but is there any reason he might not have attempted it? And likewise, have they said anything at all about him attempting it in Feb?

We don’t know for sure, but they did talk about him studying for the bar beforehand. And it would be unusual for a recent law school grad to not take the exam at the first opportunity. I don’t think they’ve said anything about him taking the exam again.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

July, so she is about 4 months in? Obvious baby bump. I hope it goes well and she opts for a hospital birth. 

Probably close to 20 weeks. My FB memories reminded me that I was 14 weeks pregnant with my daughter at this point and she was due late August but born 6.5 weeks early, mid-July. So if Jill is due end of July she is around 18 weeks, more if it is early but they haven't found out the sex yet. She has a pretty substantial bump. 

• Upvote 3

I'm normally not one to get excited over Duggarling baby news (I feel bad for all the children born to the Christian patriarchy) but I am genuinely happy for them. Mostly because they have proven that they are using contraception to limit their family size and send their kids to public school. The latest Dillard will still likely be raised with conservative Christian beliefs (though who knows where exactly Jill and Derrick will end up with that. I always expected them to be the most QF and IBLP out of the kiddults), but at least they won't be in a breeding cult and actually have a shot at life. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 6

I usually don’t speculate on baby bumps as a general rule, but that pic immediately had me wondering how Michelle would react if Jill is the first Duggar daughter to have twins… how will JB and M rationalize babies are a gift with their belief that Jill has strayed?

• Upvote 18

She must have gotten pregnant immediately after her miscarriage. She posted about her miscarriage October 11th and is now due in July, meaning she would have conceived in October. I got pregnant immediately after mkiscarriage, so I know it happens. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I usually don’t speculate on baby bumps as a general rule, but that pic immediately had me wondering how Michelle would react if Jill is the first Duggar daughter to have twins… how will JB and M rationalize babies are a gift with their belief that Jill has strayed?

Jill carries large. Remember the weekly bump shots with Israel? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Not a peep or a congratulations about Jill's pregnancy on the Duggar Family Official FB page.  Regardless of how JB & M feel about Jill and Derick, this is still a new grandchild for them on the way that should at least be acknowledged. 

Last activity was January 28, with John and Abbie's official statement regarding the plane crash.  

• Upvote 14

9 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Not a peep or a congratulations about Jill's pregnancy on the Duggar Family Official FB page.  Regardless of how JB & M feel about Jill and Derick, this is still a new grandchild for them on the way that should at least be acknowledged. 

Last activity was January 28, with John and Abbie's official statement regarding the plane crash.  

The main Duggar page also didn't post about J'Katey and their baby, that I can see. And obviously the possible/probably SiRen C-baby isn't being publicly acknowledged anywhere. I think someone got it in their PR-mind that maybe JB&M's continuous gloating about the babies they're collecting isn't actually good for their image, lol

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, jljohnson527 said:

Possibly a shameless leghump here but damn, she looks good. Let that be a lesson to the rest.

Can anyone please post the pics my iPhone died taking all my log on passwords with it  

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jill carries large. Remember the weekly bump shots with Israel? 

Who doesn't? That pregnancy lasted like 80 weeks or something.. at least it felt like that.

Enough of the snark. She looks amazing and I'm genuinely happy for her! I hope all goes well and as much as I love homebirths, I hope she delivers in a hospital.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

It means she's already pregnant during Smuggar's trial? Ooof must have made it even more challenging considering the situation. She did well.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1

She does look lovely  thanks for posting it 

I wish her well and genuinely mean it. She is far from perfect but she has made massive strides. I'm hopeful she keeps it up. To the point that we have no reason to say oh but they still have horrible beliefs...

• Upvote 19

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic