IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure the Mortons are anti-vax but I’m betting they would put aside their convictions for a trip to Hawaii. 

I'm not so sure. I've seen several of them (especially Kressant and Martha) post some really extreme antivax conspiracy stuff and statements about how they wouldn't want to be around a vaccinated person. Some of the Campanas are sharing the same rhetoric. Ma and Pa Morton have been out in public waving signs trying to convince people not to get vaccinated. I think it would be a BIG DEAL for anyone in that family to get their shots.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'm not so sure. I've seen several of them (especially Kressant and Martha) post some really extreme antivax conspiracy stuff and statements about how they wouldn't want to be around a vaccinated person. Some of the Campanas are sharing the same rhetoric. Ma and Pa Morton have been out in public waving signs trying to convince people not to get vaccinated. I think it would be a BIG DEAL for anyone in that family to get their shots.

If it’s necessary for them to get into Hawaii then there are only two options. 
1) they lied and said they were vaxed possibly with fake vax cards.

2) they got vaxed and didn’t tell the Morton parents.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There's an option to test and quarantine. I'd bet anything that's what they did.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Just now, NachosFlandersStyle said:

There's an option to test and quarantine. I'd bet anything that's what they did.

But they weren’t quarantining in the pics.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Actually now it's just proof of a negative test within like 48 hours of entering the state, The 14 day quarantine for everyone ended back in October 2020. We do have mask laws still in effect in all indoor areas. You also cannot eat at a sit down restaurant without your vaccine card with a matching official government ID. I'm sure they'd cry persecution but that cry rings hollow in the ears of local and Natives when it comes from mainland haoles.  

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Count me as betting on fake vaxx cards.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Campbell is still posting pictures from Hawaii.  This seems like a particularly long vacation.  But it's possible that I'm just BEC over here.  I'd die to be out of the cold and not have to work. 

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

Addie has been posting the past day.  Initially it was the obligatory "I love my husband"/"God is soooooo good" post for v-day.  Then she posted about getting a dog and showing her son cuddling with the puppy and napping.  Now she has a reel up about supporting the Canadian freedom convoy.  Sigh.  Don't know why I'm surprised that she came out of IG retirement for this.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JMO said:

Addie has been posting the past day.  Initially it was the obligatory "I love my husband"/"God is soooooo good" post for v-day.  Then she posted about getting a dog and showing her son cuddling with the puppy and napping.  Now she has a reel up about supporting the Canadian freedom convoy.  Sigh.  Don't know why I'm surprised that she came out of IG retirement for this.  

I assume she also supports laws that allow drivers to run down protestors who are in their way. Consistency has never been the S'mortons' strong suit.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:30 PM, JMO said:

It is so weird that anyone supports this since this is a tiny tiny minority in Canada and they are terrorizing the homeless and a huge faction of them want this weirdass QAnon woman to be crowed Queen of Canada.

• Upvote 7

Kressant has been on and on about the "freedom" convoy. It makes me irrationally angry. She knows nothing about Canada. I'll bet she thinks we all live in igloos and dream about being American.

• Upvote 15

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

They're all posting about a new coffee shop... I think it's a business Andrew and Kennedy are starting? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaydxtcuQXm/?utm_medium=copy_link

When fundies start public businesses like this, do they stop posting homophobic, xenophobic, racist, trump humping, bullshit? Or do they just keep posting and when their business goes under, they blame dirty liberals for cancelling them? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

They're all posting about a new coffee shop... I think it's a business Andrew and Kennedy are starting? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaydxtcuQXm/?utm_medium=copy_link

I noticed the sudden flurry of posts about local coffee, and thought it was weird. The Moultrie YMCA is home of the largest Morton-adjacent chapter of CrossFit. So... Kennedy and PinkMorton are definitely the most likely folks behind this one. There's a video clip in the coffee shop instagram stories that shows a man (from behind) that looks a lot like Andrew.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When fundies start public businesses like this, do they stop posting homophobic, xenophobic, racist, trump humping, bullshit? Or do they just keep posting and when their business goes under, they blame dirty liberals for cancelling them? 

The Moultrie Y has already had at least one failed coffee shop in the same exact location (called "Beans and Strings"), so who knows how much support this will have locally. That said, they live in a rural area of Georgia, and are socially active within a hotbed of ignorant weekender fascists. It's entirely possible that they'll alienate their customer base if they DON'T spew their favorite  facebook memes.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

That said, they live in a rural area of Georgia, and are socially active within a hotbed of ignorant weekender fascists. It's entirely possible that they'll alienate their customer base if they DON'T spew their favorite  facebook memes.

True enough. The real question may be whether there's enough of any demographic to provide a viable customer base. 

To me, the fact that a previous coffee shop in that location went under is kind of a red flag. 

• Upvote 7

They probably think the previous proprietors just didn't pray enough or maybe they had a nice thought about a gay person once, so god smote their YMCA coffee shop.  The Mortons think of themselves as Then Lard's Chosen, after all.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dramallama said:

They probably think the previous proprietors just didn't pray enough or maybe they had a nice thought about a gay person once, so god smote their YMCA coffee shop. 

And if their coffee shop tanks, itʻs Satan + godless libruls who did it!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jasmar said:

It’s fun to pray at the YMCA! 🎼👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

The Village People YMCA

Legitimately laughed out loud. I hope the coffee shop is going long enough to use that as a thread title. If not, it should 100% be a post count title.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1484441915_Screenshot_20220308-1319162.thumb.png.e869b54a9093295421d1b0d337cc8731.png

I feel so bad for the second generation of Morton children to be homeschooled.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

1484441915_Screenshot_20220308-1319162.thumb.png.e869b54a9093295421d1b0d337cc8731.png

I feel so bad for the second generation of Morton children to be homeschooled.

The spelling is atrocious. Just imagine Alyssa trying to homeschool the current 5 she has while tending to multiple younger babies crying for attention. It will be impossible to give them a decent education. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Honestly the pottery class is probably the only downtime for constant childcare that she gets.  No wonder she loves it.  Same with Kennedy and crossfit.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Bless. It is hilarious that she happened to bungle THAT part of her message so badly. It's like a buffet that has been under the heat lamp for too long; every time I revisit it, I catch something else.

To be fair, Alyssa seems to make a legit effort to engage her kids in age-appropriate, consistent activities every day. Her own education may be lacking, but she's putting forth more effort than any of the Paraguay crew, or poor Martha. I'm not sure what Zandry is going to do when Martha eventually figures out that there isn't a "page a day" general education coloring book for high school course work.

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic