IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I am not sure this is the right place but since Campbell is married to a Morton, the Roberts' are Morton adjacent enough that, sinnce I can't find a thread about them, I chose here.

I can't say for sure but I'm thinking Norma & Adam Gilligan are no longer together. His Facebook & IG have pictures of the girls, but none of Norma since 2020. A family picture with his whole family also doesn't have Norma. On IG he has a picture of the girls at the beach saying he had the best week with them - which sounds like he isn't always with them. 

Norma's FB profile picture is just her & the girls. 

That’s pretty crazy since he’s a pastor. Never mind it looks like he left his job as a pastor in June of last year. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s pretty crazy since he’s a pastor. Never mind it looks like he left his job as a pastor in June of last year. 

He seems to be a full-time mechanic now, though he's had that on the side for pretty much the entirety of their marriage.

Wow. This is a bit of a surprise. Norma and Adam seemed well-matched, all things considered. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I wondered whether they were still together. Before she went private on instagram,  she looked sad and while her husband posted about how she was so great there was nothing on her side about him. The girls look happy in the husband's instagram so hopefully they have been able to work out a reasonable parenting plan.

• Upvote 3

On 3/13/2022 at 1:59 AM, zee_four said:

Anyway she showed up at an anti sexual assault rally shouting about if you want to see rape culture go to Africa (of course Little Miss Notta Rhodes Scholar danger specifies where in Africa but that's a different rant for a different time....) Some of the extremism lately against LGBTQ and women in a lot of Christian countries in sub Sahara Africa like Uganda and Zambia are because of the influence of fundie alt right American missionaries. Its horrifying. 

I know we’re living in a time politically where nothing should surprise me (annoyed, angered and saddened yes, but maybe not surprised). But to think someone would protest an anti-sexual assault rally is insane. But we also have people protesting masks, BLM, and an election that was clearly won by the candidate currently in office. So as I said I know I shouldn’t be surprised by how low some people can sink. But here I am. Shocked that anyone would protest an anti sexual violence rally with shouts of “if you think it’s bad here go to…!” Especially when that violence is a direct result of white Christians telling people what to do, how to act, what to believe, assigning “value” to some humans while devaluing others. It’s almost as if she’s saying “we sent these white Christian people to tell these other people what to do, and it’s still violent!” Uhh imagine that. Maybe the “straight white and Christian” way of life isn’t as nice, wholesome, or peaceful as they want to sell it to be. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

I wondered whether they were still together. Before she went private on instagram,  she looked sad and while her husband posted about how she was so great there was nothing on her side about him. The girls look happy in the husband's instagram so hopefully they have been able to work out a reasonable parenting plan.

I’m guessing they are separated but not yet divorced. I’m also guessing he chose to step down as lead pastor because he’s filled in while the church has been on the search for a new pastor since last summer. They have an interim pastor but Adam has also filled in for him a bit. So it’s not like Adam was kicked out and told never to come back. I can easily see how so many fundie marriages could end in divorce. They married young and had two kids back to back. That would stress any marriage. But most fundies feel pressure to never divorce so they just slog through it adding more children to it. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a reason Kennedy hasn’t seen a baby picture of her husband. There likely aren’t any. Because he spent some of his childhood living in tents and being neglected by his parents. 

3D3E3C7B-6C73-41BD-800A-26DB8E05A586.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

That's such a weird claim for Kennedy to make. The Mortons have an incredibly thorough catalog of family photos, many of which Addie has taken pictures of for social media and blog posts over the years. Including the multi-generational family portrait gallery on the staircase, plus Martha and Adeline both have posted pics from their old church directories which included Andrew as an infant. I'm also fairly certain that Kennedy and Andrew had one of those picture boards at their wedding shower that included pics of both at various ages, starting at birth. The Mortons did that for Martha/Tayte the year before, and Alyssa/Sam the year after, so it would have been weird to NOT do it for Kennedy and Andrew.

If I've seen baby pics of Pinky, then Kennedy is avoiding them deliberately.

• Upvote 5

Can you stop with the "pink" snark? Looking at the Morton photos (they were my gateway fundies), it is likely that Andrew has a dermatologic condition, such as rosacea. Snarking on a medical condition is not any more acceptable than making fat jokes.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2

The family blog died down right around the time of Andrew/Keni's wedding so I don't think I've seen a baby picture of him.  He was #9 so it's likely that there aren't many isolated pictures of just him. And as far as the "pink" comments, looking at pictures of him I think he's just fair and blushes a lot.  The skin doesn't look textured like is rosacea and rosacea would be uncommon in a young man/teen.  I think the pink comments came bc there were 4 young boys in a row and it was hard to keep them apart.  I've been following this family for close on 10 yrs and I can barely tell them apart.  Esp since the blogs were always run by the sisters and were mainly pictures of them and their female friends or of various parties. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

The family blog died down right around the time of Andrew/Keni's wedding so I don't think I've seen a baby picture of him.  He was #9 so it's likely that there aren't many isolated pictures of just him. And as far as the "pink" comments, looking at pictures of him I think he's just fair and blushes a lot.  The skin doesn't look textured like is rosacea and rosacea would be uncommon in a young man/teen.  I think the pink comments came bc there were 4 young boys in a row and it was hard to keep them apart.  I've been following this family for close on 10 yrs and I can barely tell them apart.  Esp since the blogs were always run by the sisters and were mainly pictures of them and their female friends or of various parties. 

I imagine once you get to #9, you don’t take as many pictures of that kid compared to the first. Especially back when phones didn’t have cameras. I bet most pictures of him as a baby are in a group picture. Or a pictures with a few other siblings. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing they are separated but not yet divorced. 

What’s also interesting is they’re not friends on Facebook? Or at least didn’t appear to be in my search. 
I noticed she went private a while ago, and appears to have a new (also private) Instagram so I wonder if that explains it. Maybe there will be some Robert’s family photos from Daisy’s wedding. Speaking of Norma, I was scrolling through Gabrielle Pattons Instagram (her husband Drew appears to be involved in MediCorp and she’s close to all the Duggar and Bates wives) and found photos of Adam, Norma, Campbell, Willie and maybe Daisy at what would have been Jessa’s wedding, October 1st/November 2nd 2014? Was it known such a large contingent of Robert’s/Gilligans attended? Would this be during the time that Campbell ans Trace could have been special friends? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Noquiver said:

What’s also interesting is they’re not friends on Facebook? Or at least didn’t appear to be in my search. 
I noticed she went private a while ago, and appears to have a new (also private) Instagram so I wonder if that explains it. Maybe there will be some Robert’s family photos from Daisy’s wedding. Speaking of Norma, I was scrolling through Gabrielle Pattons Instagram (her husband Drew appears to be involved in MediCorp and she’s close to all the Duggar and Bates wives) and found photos of Adam, Norma, Campbell, Willie and maybe Daisy at what would have been Jessa’s wedding, October 1st/November 2nd 2014? Was it known such a large contingent of Robert’s/Gilligans attended? Would this be during the time that Campbell ans Trace could have been special friends? 

I think the early Duggar girl weddings invited almost everyone they’ve ever met. They were huge. Nowadays they seem to be much smaller and aren’t inviting everyone they’ve ever met. 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Daisy Robert’s got married this past weekend and Norma’s Instagram has gone public. There’s only 4 photos but one of them is her and her daughters with the caption being along the lines of the only wedding dates she needs so…

Daisy’s dress was very trendy and modern and the bridesmaids dress were all slip dresses. Are the Robert’s no longer fundie or are they just no longer modest fundies? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Daisy Robert’s got married this past weekend and Norma’s Instagram has gone public. There’s only 4 photos but one of them is her and her daughters with the caption being along the lines of the only wedding dates she needs so…

Daisy’s dress was very trendy and modern and the bridesmaids dress were all slip dresses. Are the Robert’s no longer fundie or are they just no longer modest fundies? 

I think they've been less modest for a while but I don't know of any evidence that they are less fundie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think they've been less modest for a while but I don't know of any evidence that they are less fundie. 

They are very modern because they wear completely mainstream clothing, they drink, and they don’t seem to be quiverful. And of course one daughter is divorcing. But I imagine they are still probably fundie. Or at least conservative Christian in their beliefs. 

• Upvote 5

I suspect that most of the kids are uninterested in their parents' religious beliefs but still toe the line well enough to stay on good terms. Or the parents are a bit lenient. Who knows!

• Upvote 3

This is kind of weird, but I don't think any of the Mortons are expecting right now, as far as I know. Anyone hear any different?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

This is kind of weird, but I don't think any of the Mortons are expecting right now, as far as I know. Anyone hear any different?

I hope no one is! But I’m sure someone is but hasn’t announced. Like Alyssa. She’s always pregnant. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

Daisy is now following an IG account by the name of "drinksforgayz" that appears to be some kind of LGBTQIA+ comedy account....interesting.

• Upvote 1

I will say it’s still pretty damn fundie to marry the sibling of an in law. This is the second Wiggins to marry into the Roberts family. Maybe they just don’t have a large friend group?

• Upvote 4

I suspect that at least one of the PG Mortons are pregnant.  It's been a while since an announcement from them.  Not to mention that Alyssa is due for a pregnancy as is Campbell.  Addie is a wild card but it's not too early for her either.  Francesca will soon enter the running.  

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Wow. No pregnant Morton. What is the world coming to? They'll never take over the world at this slow pace. 

They already have 46! I am betting they will hit 50 sometime in 2023.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

46 grandkids, all aged 15 & under. 

Something about looking at it that way creeps me out. 

My grandma had 13 grandkids, but only 8 of us lived here; the five youngest are my fundie out of state uncle's kids and the oldest of those five wasn't even born til I was a Senior in high school. Anyway, with the 8 of us, grandma could keep up - with gifts & birthdays & going to events & such. Nothing extravagant, but she managed & we were all living in a world where we were very special to our grandma and we knew it. She spent a lot of time with us, and always devoted her full self to us when we were with her. Those are memories that have kept me going at hard times in life. I feel like the most fortunate person alive to have grown up with my grandma and to have been loved by her. 

That is a feeling I doubt any of those 46 kids will ever have. There are too many of them; more than half of them on the same compound, constantly clamoring for attention/love/help/whatever. Just as I don't believe parents can give 12 kids the appropriate amount of attention & time & childhood, I don't believe grandparents can make 46 young children feel special as individuals.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

46 grandkids, all aged 15 & under. 

Something about looking at it that way creeps me out. 

My grandma had 13 grandkids, but only 8 of us lived here; the five youngest are my fundie out of state uncle's kids and the oldest of those five wasn't even born til I was a Senior in high school. Anyway, with the 8 of us, grandma could keep up - with gifts & birthdays & going to events & such. Nothing extravagant, but she managed & we were all living in a world where we were very special to our grandma and we knew it. She spent a lot of time with us, and always devoted her full self to us when we were with her. Those are memories that have kept me going at hard times in life. I feel like the most fortunate person alive to have grown up with my grandma and to have been loved by her. 

That is a feeling I doubt any of those 46 kids will ever have. There are too many of them; more than half of them on the same compound, constantly clamoring for attention/love/help/whatever. Just as I don't believe parents can give 12 kids the appropriate amount of attention & time & childhood, I don't believe grandparents can make 46 young children feel special as individuals.

My dad’s parents had 14 grandkids and my grandma was great about remembering birthdays and attending important activities. We stayed at their house all the time and enjoyed being around them. We have to remember the Morton grandparents almost never see 15 of those 46 grandkids because they live in Paraguay. 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic