IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

CrossFit became a huge thing among the homeschooling moms I used to be a part of, probably about ten years ago. It just seemed culty to me, and I was amused/annoyed at the evangelist-style fervor that swept them all.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

CrossFit became a huge thing among the homeschooling moms I used to be a part of, probably about ten years ago. It just seemed culty to me, and I was amused/annoyed at the evangelist-style fervor that swept them all.

I swear it’s like the only way some people know how to think. They can only go balls to the wall all I’m obsessed with something. Religion, homeschooling, mlms, CrossFit. It’s just not the way my brain works. 

• Upvote 13

CrossFit, MLMs, Trump, Q, religion - for these people it's just cults on cults on cults.  Cults all the way down.

Edited by dramallama
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, dramallama said:

CrossFit, MLMs, Trump, Q, religion - for these people it's just cults on cults on cults.  Cults all the way down.

Once you are in one cult, you’re more likely to join another. Your brain has been primed for it. 

• Upvote 16

remember one of the girls married off as a teen to her father's friend (they were living in trailer or something?) she and that same husband left their religion but opened a . . . you guess it . . CrossFit gym 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

remember one of the girls married off as a teen to her father's friend (they were living in trailer or something?) she and that same husband left their religion but opened a . . . you guess it . . CrossFit gym 

Maranatha Chapman. I think they are probably still into CrossFit.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I still wonder what John could possibly be doing for a living now - since if they actually bought the house they say they're renovating, he has to have reliable income. But, the Mortons being able to "self employ" all their sons was always a mystery to me anyway. How are they making enough to support basically the entire 2nd & 3rd generations of Mortons?

I also wondered about this, because if they “sold” their other house… who could have bought it?! Adeline? Martha? (I though Martha was in one of the Paraguay Morton’s house?) Edwin?

What part of Florida are they in? Bear Alyssa Bates in the Orlando area? Maybe John Webster could give John Morton a job? 

As for money I don’t really know how things work in rural Georgia and how big either the farm or construction  business could be but I’d say based on what I’ve seen on farming in Canada you don’t need to have an online presence. Lots of word of month stuff and sales are at auction (livestock) or… I assume something else big for grains/soybeans/corn.  Martha is constantly posting about how much Tate works and Sam and Alyssa house is being built at a snails pace so I’d say the men are busy doing something that keep Keni in her Walmart pick up stall. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I also wondered about this, because if they “sold” their other house… who could have bought it?! Adeline? Martha? (I though Martha was in one of the Paraguay Morton’s house?) Edwin?

What part of Florida are they in? Bear Alyssa Bates in the Orlando area? Maybe John Webster could give John Morton a job? 

As for money I don’t really know how things work in rural Georgia and how big either the farm or construction  business could be but I’d say based on what I’ve seen on farming in Canada you don’t need to have an online presence. Lots of word of month stuff and sales are at auction (livestock) or… I assume something else big for grains/soybeans/corn.  Martha is constantly posting about how much Tate works and Sam and Alyssa house is being built at a snails pace so I’d say the men are busy doing something that keep Keni in her Walmart pick up stall. 

Campbell said in the comments that they are in Melbourne. I also wonder how they support their families but I have quite a few friends who do farming and construction and doing quite well considering they don't advertise anything, who knows how that works.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maranatha Chapman. I think they are probably still into CrossFit.

Oh yes. Their daughter married off at 16. Said daughter named her own daughter Living Hope. She used to blog about being pure for Him or some such garbage. Then, the entire family found CrossFit & now (or last I knew of them) they're all deep into that cult. 

And yes, I believe the whole CrossFit thing is a cult like any other. Cults aren't only about religion. They are about all encompassing control/ownership of a person. And if you've ever met someone into CrossFit, you know there is nothing else in their lives that matters more, or that they can talk about, and they spend infinite hours trying to get you to be involved. They are training for the "unknowable"- it was plastered on their website for years. The whole point of the workouts, at inception, were to reach "bliss' - complete exhaustion - including vomiting. Most Crossfitters are plagued with injuries because the point isn't health or correct movement, it's "more, more, more". And many of its effects - endurance, not vomiting anymore, strength, etc... - only hold on as long as you keep doing it. If you stop for a week or two or however long, when you go back you're no long as strong or have the endurance you had when you left. Meaning, a large portion of the results are temporary & dependent upon continuing. 

Kind of like "The Biggest Loser" tv show. I never watched it, but I read a lot about it at one point. The majority of the participants gained anywhere from 10 to upwards of 20 pounds back within the first week of the show ending. Why? Because their entire days were no longer taken up with non stop exercise, calorie counting, etc. Their metabolism gets all effed up and can't burn calories without the constant "force" of more, more, more. 

My brother joined the cult in the early 2000's. He deprogrammed after about 4 years, but it was a long freaking 4 years for us who had to watch/listen to him. 

• Upvote 11

Last I read Maranatha Chapman lives on 9 acres in East TX, just outside of .......

wait for it ..............

Tyler!!!!!!!

I wonder if she knows Braggie (M is for Mama).

I think I read somewhere Marantha's daughter was 2 -3 weeks from being 16 when they married her off.  I believe the "article' mentioned the "courtship" was the same as Maranatha's.  I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Last I read Maranatha Chapman lives on 9 acres in East TX, just outside of .......

wait for it ..............

Tyler!!!!!!!

I wonder if she knows Braggie (M is for Mama).

I think I read somewhere Marantha's daughter was 2 -3 weeks from being 16 when they married her off.  I believe the "article' mentioned the "courtship" was the same as Maranatha's.  I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it

I wonder if Braggie would look down her nose at them. I don’t think Braggie is into CrossFit or teen marriage. Braggie probably thinks she’s more like Jenny Flanders. 

Kressant's instagram yesterday: Screenshot_20211009-150517_Instagram.thumb.jpg.204353522bf78de00aa7dc6c3753977b.jpg

Kressant's instagram today: Mike in the ER after slicing a tendon in his hand

Yeah, these people have learned nothing.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1

14 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Kressant's instagram today: Mike in the ER after slicing a tendon in his hand

Yeah, these people have learned nothing.

Ask me if I'm surprised. Well, in that it was the hand and not something in his unprotected eye, like a chunk of rock. But, at least it was the adult - the one making the idiotic choices - and not a child hurt by their parent's wilful ignorance. 

Kressant is not exactly what one would call intelligent and obviously a lot of that comes from her headship. I can just imagine the conversations those two have, and it hurts to do so. 

• Upvote 13

On 10/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Braggie would look down her nose at them. I don’t think Braggie is into CrossFit or teen marriage. Braggie probably thinks she’s more like Jenny Flanders. 

You forget when Abbie had all those women at her house and despite everyone thinking they couldn't, they managed to bond despite their differences... 😜😂😂

Seriously, Jesus and exercise might be enough for them to form a bond.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

You forget when Abbie had all those women at her house and despite everyone thinking they couldn't, they managed to bond despite their differences... 😜😂😂

Seriously, Jesus and exercise might be enough for them to form a bond.

True. As long as Braggie feels like she’s superior, she can handle it. I’m sure she secretly thinks head coverings are stupid because her dirty curly hair is so much better exposed for everyone to admire. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Ask me if I'm surprised. Well, in that it was the hand and not something in his unprotected eye, like a chunk of rock.

The lack of eye protection is WILD. And you know these people don't take their kids for regular eye exams.

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The lack of eye protection is WILD. And you know these people don't take their kids for regular eye exams.

And they make their oldest three boys do tons of manual labor on this house. I’m surprised it wasn’t one of the boys that cut a tendon. 

And let’s all remember Kressant’s father is the one who used his 18 year old for labor and now she’s dead because of it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

To me it looks like Mike is holding a drink can in his left hand.

With all that dust I can't imagine he could see what he's doing. No wonder he sliced a tendon.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:21 PM, fundiefan said:

Oh yes. Their daughter married off at 16. Said daughter named her own daughter Living Hope. She used to blog about being pure for Him or some such garbage. Then, the entire family found CrossFit & now (or last I knew of them) they're all deep into that cult. 

And yes, I believe the whole CrossFit thing is a cult like any other. Cults aren't only about religion. They are about all encompassing control/ownership of a person. And if you've ever met someone into CrossFit, you know there is nothing else in their lives that matters more, or that they can talk about, and they spend infinite hours trying to get you to be involved. They are training for the "unknowable"- it was plastered on their website for years. The whole point of the workouts, at inception, were to reach "bliss' - complete exhaustion - including vomiting. Most Crossfitters are plagued with injuries because the point isn't health or correct movement, it's "more, more, more". And many of its effects - endurance, not vomiting anymore, strength, etc... - only hold on as long as you keep doing it. If you stop for a week or two or however long, when you go back you're no long as strong or have the endurance you had when you left. Meaning, a large portion of the results are temporary & dependent upon continuing. 

Kind of like "The Biggest Loser" tv show. I never watched it, but I read a lot about it at one point. The majority of the participants gained anywhere from 10 to upwards of 20 pounds back within the first week of the show ending. Why? Because their entire days were no longer taken up with non stop exercise, calorie counting, etc. Their metabolism gets all effed up and can't burn calories without the constant "force" of more, more, more. 

My brother joined the cult in the early 2000's. He deprogrammed after about 4 years, but it was a long freaking 4 years for us who had to watch/listen to him. 

So it's another iteration of the "pro-ana" eating disorder groups of the early 00s, where people not only accept, but encourage one another's dysfunctional and unhealthy obsession.

And yeah, The Biggest Loser was fat-shaming trash. There's an episode on the podcast Maintenance Phase about it, I recommend a listen.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:04 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could see Braggie getting into CrossFit. Unnecessarily causing herself intense discomfort that she can later turn into "inspiration" for others sounds right up her alley.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Not to mention what's getting into his lungs. 

Premier Crossfit in Tyler, TX.   Who we are: Maranatha & Matthew Chapman (Owners)

Located in Tyler, Texas, Premier CrossFit was established in January 2010 as the first CrossFit affiliate in East Texas. We offer CrossFit Classes, Personal Training, Athleo Barbell Club, Youth Weightlifting, and CrossFit Kids. We love to see people at every age and fitness level reach their full potential. We are passionate about providing a supportive environment where beginners and seasoned athletes alike will grow, learn, and flourish inside and outside of the gym. Family and community are very important to us and at the heart of everything we do. And nothing drives us more than helping someone reach their goals or having to opportunity to be a part of changing someone’s life for the better.

The only time I've read about rhabdomyolysis is in reference to overworking at a CrossFit box.  "Rhabdomyolysis can be a life-threatening condition caused by muscle breakdown and muscle death."

Now back to your regular S'Morton's programming/random insanity/horror show.

P.S. Every time I see the "Kressant" spelling, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

The only time I've read about rhabdomyolysis is in reference to overworking at a CrossFit box.  "Rhabdomyolysis can be a life-threatening condition caused by muscle breakdown and muscle death."

True. If the owner-managers of a CrossFit franchise actually know something about physical training, it's an accident. As a rule, there are no professional trainers on staff, if they even have any staff beyond Mom & Pop. CrossFit exists to make money. 

I wonder what the stats are for injuries or worse in the CrossFit enterprise and if anyone has sued them for a failure to provide qualified supervision while working out on their equipment

• Upvote 6

The adult Chapman kids are super-ripped from all that cross-fitting.

Looks like only one kid was married as a child, but I wouldn’t exactly call that a win duh.

One daughter has Master’s in Accounting (and is super-ripped).

Another daughter just had a baby out of wedlock (and still manages to look super-ripped post-partum).

The one subjected to underage marriage has a lot of amazing travel moments posted that would make any wannabe Instagram model insane with jealousy (while super-ripped of course).

My iFit membership is great, but maybe I need a more rigorous exercise cult? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

P.S. Every time I see the "Kressant" spelling, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. 

TBH because English is not my first language I read "Kressant" like "croissant".

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, arareyeah said:

TBH because English is not my first language I read "Kressant" like "croissant".

Wait, that’s not how it the name is pronounced? Oh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Wait, that’s not how it the name is pronounced? Oh. 

I’ve always pronounced it like crescent. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic