IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

I wonder what Lise thinks of all this. While her family has its own problems (I haven't been on Instagram but I shudder to think of what Hunter's been saying), they're better educated. She didn't go to college, but she did go to a brick-and-mortar high school. I imagine she's a much more competent homeschool parent than, say, Martha or Kressant.

• Upvote 3

After a brief flirtation with logic, Kressant (with the help of her Q pals) has discovered that the war in Ukraine is all liberal propaganda. She's posted a few questionable memes and cartoons recently, but today she outdid herself with a repost of a badly edited "news" broadcast showing someone (presumably meant to be a Ukrainian) flamboyantly pretending to be in a body bag. 

I was pleasantly surprised when she initially made comments disclaiming the Russian invasion, but I suppose it was too good to last. Watching a reel cribbed from a homemade news broadcast plastered with warnings to "beware propaganda!" did tickle me, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

After a brief flirtation with logic, Kressant (with the help of her Q pals) has discovered that the war in Ukraine is all liberal propaganda.

Just started dealing with that at work this morning. It had been rational for a bit regarding Ukraine, but now thoroughly off the deep end. Fuck Faux News.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

After a brief flirtation with logic, Kressant (with the help of her Q pals) has discovered that the war in Ukraine is all liberal propaganda. She's posted a few questionable memes and cartoons recently, but today she outdid herself with a repost of a badly edited "news" broadcast showing someone (presumably meant to be a Ukrainian) flamboyantly pretending to be in a body bag. 

I was pleasantly surprised when she initially made comments disclaiming the Russian invasion, but I suppose it was too good to last. Watching a reel cribbed from a homemade news broadcast plastered with warnings to "beware propaganda!" did tickle me, though.

That’s how it always is. Remember how the pandemic started? People on the far right were pretty normal at first. Then Fox News and all the alt right “sources” started making stuff up and spreading misinformation. It just goes to show how easily influenced these people are. They can’t ever form their own opinions. They always need someone like Alex Jones to tell them what to think. 

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

That body bag video has been debunked several times over. It's not even in Ukraine. It's in Austria, I believe, during a climate change protest. 

But, I wouldn't expect Kressant to fact check anything. She's too dumb to do that. She does what she's told & repeats what the menz in her life say. The intentional acts of thinking & reasoning are lost on the girl. Her poor kids are going to be about as dirt poor & ignorant as is possible to be. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I wouldn't expect Kressant to fact check anything. She's too dumb to do that. She does what she's told & repeats what the menz in her life say. The intentional acts of thinking & reasoning are lost on the girl.

True enough but, sadly, this kind of shite is really widespread, particularly among people you'd expect to do better at critical thinking. One fundie woman I've followed on & off for years -- college-educated, former teacher, used to be a fairly typical conservative Christian -- has also gone way off the rails into Q-world in the past 2-3 years.

She now posts daily "updates" that contain the whole Q-ball of wax: Trump won; Putin is the hero; Bill Gates and George Soros have spread COVID & they push the vaccine in order to control everyone; the US has bio-labs in Ukraine and Putin is about to expose THE TRUTH at the UN; the government will soon be able to control your car. She's not alone and it's likely that she & her cohort of Q nutwads are so hopelessly entangled in the lies, conspiracies, and frauds they have been pushing that they'll never return to rational thought or behavior.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 4

On 3/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The spelling is atrocious. Just imagine Alyssa trying to homeschool the current 5 she has while tending to multiple younger babies crying for attention. It will be impossible to give them a decent education. 

FTFY. She could stop breeding today and she still wouldn't be competent to teach anyone.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

FTFY. She could stop breeding today and she still wouldn't be competent to teach anyone.

Totally agree. I just can’t imagine someone with 10 kids, 10 and under, trying to teach the 5 oldest while the 5 youngest constantly clamor for my attention. I really think there will be a lot of fundies 10 years from now doing something different from traditional homeschooling. Maybe co-op, online school where they have an actual teacher online, a Christian school, or even just hiring a tutor to come a few days a week. But I just can’t see too many of these poorly educated fundies doing it all. And I think some of them are probably too proud to allow them to be almost illiterate like the Nogs. 

• Upvote 8

On 2/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, browngrl said:

Kressant has been on and on about the "freedom" convoy. It makes me irrationally angry. She knows nothing about Canada. I'll bet she thinks we all live in igloos and dream about being American.

THIS! Its ridiculous that US MAGA extremists are all about trying to influence Canada. Most of the alt right Canadian personalities are funded and encouraged by rich US alt rightist. Admittedly the half of my family in Canada is predominately on the conservative side, they're from small farm towns in SW Ontario, the Edmonton area or the interior of BC near Kelowna. But being conservative in Canada is still very different than. The US GOP and especially today's alt rightists. I have to keep reminding some of my Canadian family about this on FB. They might not like Trudeau but if they had to deal with Trump they'd hate him too. 

Its scary in a way but I try to look at it in a hopeful way that Canada itself doesn't produce enough alt right material and extremists so US money and dogma is required to even make a dent. I highly doubt a single one of these MAGA convey supporters know Canada has a PM not a president and has a Parliament and not a Congress. If you tried to explain there's not a Democrat and Republican party let alone only those most of these morons heads would explode.

It's just disgusting the damage these fubdie alt right assholes cause internationally. There's that rich white girl from Vancouver whose a darling of the American alt right (I bet they wouldn't care if she was an immigrant despite no skills other than looking conventionally white bread and mayonnaise commercial attractive while regurgitating soundbites she didn't even make up herself and trolling. I bet they're okay with her getting the Melina type Visa and Green Card. Anyway she showed up at an anti sexual assault rally shouting about if you want to see rape culture go to Africa (of course Little Miss Notta Rhodes Scholar danger specifies where in Africa but that's a different rant for a different time....) Some of the extremism lately against LGBTQ and women in a lot of Christian countries in sub Sahara Africa like Uganda and Zambia are because of the influence of fundie alt right American missionaries. Its horrifying. 

I try to console myself with knowing no matter how many rallies they can drum up with propaganda and hate they won't make a massive dent in Canadian politics because they're too ignorant to truly understand Canadian issues and the way Canadian government and legislation works. They get news stories and sound bites but outside of Alberta they're a very loud vocal minority.

I wish all the grandparents and parents of fundies who fought in/lived through WWII and raised families in the 50s and 60s Cold War Era,  you know the ones they hero worship as "real" Americans, would come back from the dead and beat some sense into their families for being dumb enough to support Nazis and the Soviets. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Kennedy confirmed on her IG stories that she and Andrew are opening a coffee shop with at least also smoothies being offered.  How are they doing this? Is he not doing construction anymore? Is she going to be with the kids or someone else? 🤔 Good for them to show some initiative but I don't know if I could overcome what I know about them to support their store,  no matter how intense is my coffee addiction. 

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, JMO said:

Kennedy confirmed on her IG stories that she and Andrew are opening a coffee shop with at least also smoothies being offered.  How are they doing this? Is he not doing construction anymore? Is she going to be with the kids or someone else? 🤔 Good for them to show some initiative but I don't know if I could overcome what I know about them to support their store,  no matter how intense is my coffee addiction. 

I think Keni wants nothing to do with being a stay at home mom and will come up with any reason to get out of the house. Which means an obsession with CrossFit and now a coffee shop. I think she was in denial about her pregnancy because she didn’t actually want another yet. She really needs to tie her tubes. It’s obvious she doesn’t want to stay home barefoot and pregnant with 10 kids pulling at her skirt.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

The coffee shop is just an excuse to further immerse herself in CrossFit. It is literally located in the entrance to her closest physical CrossFit meeting spot (which is her local YMCA).

Interestingly, I kind of think that Kennedy is trying to use exercise to control her fertility. There have been rumblings from some of the fundy mega-moms I follow over the past few years about the negative impact that excessive exercise (specifically CrossFit) has had on their fertility. It's hard to be joyfully available if you are at the gym, I guess, but some have also commented on interruption to their menstrual cycles. My hot take is that someone warned Kennedy about this, and she basically threw herself into it as a means of subversively attempting to prevent pregnancy. This may explain her pitiful degree of denial over her last pregnancy.

Her mother had two biological children (of which she was the youngest) back-to-back, then no more. Kennedy enjoyed a long, seemingly happy childhood in a middle-class household with the full attention of her parents. The adoptions of her younger siblings came in her adolescence. Kennedy never experienced life inside of a crowded home of too many children and not enough resources... until she married PinkMorton.

She's absolutely miserable, and is too ignorant and stubborn to take a stand in her own interest.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

The coffee shop is just an excuse to further immerse herself in CrossFit. It is literally located in the entrance to her closest physical CrossFit meeting spot (which is her local YMCA).

Interestingly, I kind of think that Kennedy is trying to use exercise to control her fertility. There have been rumblings from some of the fundy mega-moms I follow over the past few years about the negative impact that excessive exercise (specifically CrossFit) has had on their fertility. It's hard to be joyfully available if you are at the gym, I guess, but some have also commented on interruption to their menstrual cycles. My hot take is that someone warned Kennedy about this, and she basically threw herself into it as a means of subversively attempting to prevent pregnancy. This may explain her pitiful degree of denial over her last pregnancy.

Her mother had two biological children (of which she was the youngest) back-to-back, then no more. Kennedy enjoyed a long, seemingly happy childhood in a middle-class household with the full attention of her parents. The adoptions of her younger siblings came in her adolescence. Kennedy never experienced life inside of a crowded home of too many children and not enough resources... until she married PinkMorton.

She's absolutely miserable, and is too ignorant and stubborn to take a stand in her own interest.

I agree.

What she needs is Depo. Zero evidence, just no pregnancy.

• Upvote 12

8 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I agree.

What she needs is Depo. Zero evidence, just no pregnancy.

The only downside of Depo is the need to go every 3 months for the shot.  She needs an IUD or norplant.  Better still would be if they agreed together that they were done and he got a vasectomy. 

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, JMO said:

The only downside of Depo is the need to go every 3 months for the shot.  She needs an IUD or norplant.  Better still would be if they agreed together that they were done and he got a vasectomy. 

I’m pretty sure her parents highly regretted getting snipped. I bet she would never be ok with that because of how her parents were. For now, condemns might be the only thing they would consider. And I don’t even see that as being super likely. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure her parents highly regretted getting snipped. I bet she would never be ok with that because of how her parents were. For now, condemns might be the only thing they would consider. And I don’t even see that as being super likely. 

We've seen other fundies use NFP/Condoms, I wish they would.

She just doesn't seem happy being Andrews biscuit maker. The business sounds like a good fit for her and they have their boy. They won't though unfortunately and I'm sure she'll be pregnant again soon. Her second C-section with Hamish so she's almost to the point of no VBAC either. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, JMO said:

He'll be able to feel the strings of an IUD (the strings are metal), and the implant causes a giant bruise for a few weeks + can easily be felt under the skin.

Source: had the arm implant; discussed IUDs as well as nuva ring with a friend that had dated women that had each of them.

She needs something that he isn't aware of/isn't able to be aware of. That's Depo. And of small comfort, I know a number of women that got pregnant on Depo, so pregnancy could still happen, but would at least help her spacing considerably.

54 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

We've seen other fundies use NFP/Condoms, I wish they would.

She just doesn't seem happy being Andrews biscuit maker. The business sounds like a good fit for her and they have their boy. They won't though unfortunately and I'm sure she'll be pregnant again soon. Her second C-section with Hamish so she's almost to the point of no VBAC either. 

I interpreted "biscuit maker" as "bearer of his children", and enjoyed it mightily. 

Unfortunately, there's no such thing in Mortonland as "respecting inconvenient medical advice". Though the younger women in the family seem to favor hospital and birthing center births, I don't think for a second that Kennedy would hesitate to attempt an unassisted homebirth if she decided she knew better than a doctor. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I'm still wondering who is working in the store and who is minding the kids. Martha? Grandma? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm still wondering who is working in the store and who is minding the kids. Martha? Grandma? 

PinkMorton and Kennedy are probably at the store and gym respectively most days, all day. They would have had to start paying rent on the space prior to beginning construction, so the next few weeks will be crucial in terms of getting it framed/stocked as they need so that they can open asap.  It's easy to drag out the opening weeks of a business, but the longer they delay opening, the more in the hole they'll be when it happens.

The kids are almost certainly with Martha day-to-day, and probably overnight some too. She has stopped posting as much in the past couple of months, but Kennedy's kids were frequently in her posts prior to that. Martha babysits for quite a lot of the family, plus regular daily sitting for at least one family whose kids don't seem to be Morton-adjacent. She's got more unoccupied house space than any of the others, and can probably make room for them more easily than her other married siblings. I think the elder Mortons are out of the babysitting game now that Adeline is gone.

It's weird to think about, but in the alternate universe where Martha's fertility matched that of her sisters, she'd have precisely the number of kids, at the same ages, that are in her house when Kennedy's brood + Zandry are in residence. The closest gap is the 10 months between Zandry and Mia.

• Upvote 10

Isn’t it lovely how the sister with infertility is the family babysitter? Martha in the Morton family and Michael in the Bates family. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Kennedy and Andrew put up an "ad" on IG looking for baristas for their coffee shop, there's a form to fill and I got curious, one of the questions is gender and I was pretty surprised to see "non binary". I was impressed for a minute and then I thought maybe they do that to exclude non binary folks.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Kennedy and Andrew put up an "ad" on IG looking for baristas for their coffee shop, there's a form to fill and I got curious, one of the questions is gender and I was pretty surprised to see "non binary". I was impressed for a minute and then I thought maybe they do that to exclude non binary folks.

Or maybe they downloaded an application without reading it. 

• Upvote 11

All of their social media "help wanted" ads include "Male or Female" as a desired attribute of a potential hire, so... maybe that was an automatically generated option on the application, and they couldn't change it, so they are trying to hire around it.

I suspect they are going to mostly hire relatively young women. This really seems like Kennedy's show, and I'll be surprised if they intentionally hire a male for her to supervise in the first round of employees. But who knows.

• Upvote 5

I am not sure this is the right place but since Campbell is married to a Morton, the Roberts' are Morton adjacent enough that, sinnce I can't find a thread about them, I chose here.

I can't say for sure but I'm thinking Norma & Adam Gilligan are no longer together. His Facebook & IG have pictures of the girls, but none of Norma since 2020. A family picture with his whole family also doesn't have Norma. On IG he has a picture of the girls at the beach saying he had the best week with them - which sounds like he isn't always with them. 

Norma's FB profile picture is just her & the girls. 

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic