IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

25 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I actually know a guy who used to teach at the German school in Filadelfia. He met his wife there but returned to Germany later because one of their kids had a heart condition and they wanted better medical care than they could get down there.

Anyway, from what he told me, it's a super traditional society - he got in trouble when his then-fiancée's car was parked outside his place overnight, and so on. From what he said, people there also thought anything coming from Germany was the height of sophistication. Just anecdotes, obviously, and I've no clue how biased his perception may have been, but he did spend several years there.

That actually meshes with what the Mortons would want in a location to raise their kids in and what Kress shows online.  She also demonstrates a lot of Germanophile tendencies (is that a word?).  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

She also demonstrates a lot of Germanophile tendencies (is that a word?).  

Not sure. Is there anybody out there that actually likes Germans? 😜

ETA: Just kidding, in case that wasn't obvious. We're just rather used to not being the most popular...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Not sure. Is there anybody out there that actually likes Germans? 😜

ETA: Just kidding, in case that wasn't obvious. We're just rather used to not being the most popular...

Oh everyone loves Oktoberfest here in the states! And there’s a very popular German restaurant around here. It’s always full. 

• Upvote 3

Paraguay is a very poor country. Even with our economic crisis there's lots of Paraguayans coming here (Argentina) to have a better life. If they sell their houses I doubt it would be enough to buy something in the USA. Hell, Argentina is expensive and real state here is cheaper than the USA. 

Paraguay is a very christian conservative country (there's some progressive communities in Asunción but not much) so I understand why they went there. Lots of Paraguayans don't have access or even want to have access to education in those rural communities and live off farming, construction and those kind of jobs, they also practically worship white people, there's not much control of the government on any issue, they're pretty close minded and religious. So I can see rural Paraguay being a "paradise" for fundies.

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Kress took the girls to the new library there and it looks very nice. Too bad they can’t go to the library more often. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Has Mike Morton always looked so sickly?

Yes, he’s always been a thin person with very little fat in his face. He has aged a lot in the last 5 years. But he’s always looked that way. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think the Robertses have a thread so I’ll post here. Adam and Norma have split but Adam still posts on his Instagram. And he posted a first day of school picture for his girls and it looks like they are going to an actual school. So that’s good. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

Is Alyssa's IG public? She posted some pics of all the sins and the entire family save the ones in PG.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

Is Alyssa's IG public? She posted some pics of all the sins and the entire family save the ones in PG.

Yes, it is. Safe to post.

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, it is. Safe to post.

Quoting myself. Here are 2 pics:

Spoiler

1B296999-5E6F-47C6-B870-E17492EB09DA.jpeg

Spoiler

F377263A-4558-468A-ADEF-A4DD9F2EBA90.jpeg

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Thank You 4

God those Morton genes are strong.  Mike looks the most different out of all of the kids and the grandkids are all interchangeable. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

All the 23 Smorton double first cousins look ridiculously alike. They all look like full siblings to me. Although I think their genetics are closer to half siblings. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the 25 Smorton double first cousins look ridiculously alike. They all look like full siblings to me. Although I think their genetics are closer to half siblings. 

Yes, genetics wise double first cousins are like half sibs. My grandmother has a double first cousin but they look nothing alike. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, genetics wise double first cousins are like half sibs. My grandmother has a double first cousin but they look nothing alike. 

When Kress posts a pic of her kids and Rachel’s kids together, I truly couldn’t say who belongs to who. I could for the girls since there aren’t that many. But not the boys! All the Smorton boys in Paraguay look just alike. It’s crazy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When Kress posts a pic of her kids and Rachel’s kids together, I truly couldn’t say who belongs to who. I could for the girls since there aren’t that many. But not the boys! All the Smorton boys in Paraguay look just alike. It’s crazy.

That's interesting! I can tell most of Rachel and Kress' kids apart based on their eyes. Kressant has tip-tilted, almond shaped eyes, and most of her kids seem to have inherited them. Rachel's kids seem to have her large, round eyes. They each have at least one son that inherited the Morton eyes, though. And those boys are definitely hard to tell apart.

16 hours ago, JMO said:

God those Morton genes are strong.  Mike looks the most different out of all of the kids and the grandkids are all interchangeable. 

Dorothy is the outlier for me! The others follow a pretty narrow script.

Type 1: The Long Faces With Deep Set Eyes- Mike, Martha, Paul, and Edwin are all very similar in facial features and proportions. Mike carries a lot less weight in his face, which makes his features seem more hawkish than the others. 

Type 2: The Wider-Jaw Faces- Andrew, Cleve, Wes, and Katie all STRONGLY favor one another. They also look exactly like Jeanine.

Type 3: The Round Faces With Closely Set Eyes- Adeline, Sam, and John.  These three look the most like their father.

And then, there's Darth, who has a narrow, oval face, larger eyes, and a very un-Morton nose. 

I really need a new hobby.

• Upvote 4

If I was Kress, I would have told Mike to bring back as many dvds as possible in his suitcase. They don’t take up much room and they aren’t heavy. They are so cheap here in the US. 

317D3FA5-69E6-443D-AEE3-94FFC9897D94.jpeg

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic