IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

I’m just glad martha only has one kid. It might make it slightly easier to leave if she decides to divorce him one day. Her marriage just sounds miserable thanks to her posts. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 11/22/2021 at 7:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me wonder if her spelling and grammar will get better as she teaches Zandry. Or will she teach Zandry incorrectly?

I am not sure that Martha is all that bright. In fact, weren’t there rumors she had some developmental differences?

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am not sure that Martha is all that bright. In fact, weren’t there rumors she had some developmental differences?

That IG post sure seems to be more about Martha's marriage than anyone else's. I am also glad that she only has one child although that seems to be a sorrow for her and possibly a source of friction in their marriage. 

Don't know about the rumors but in that family it's doubtful that any child -- especially a girl -- would get the treatment or help they needed if they did have issues. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Based on the book that she wrote, Martha is of average intelligence. That is neither praise nor a slight. Her book is very poorly written, and shows a profound lack of grammatical refinement, but she's not a bad storyteller. I think that Addie and Dorothy are the brightest sparks among the girls, and Mike is probably the most intelligent of the brothers. With that said, Addie DID edit Martha's book, so take that with the proverbial grain of salt. It's kind of heartbreaking to consider what some of the Morton kids could have achieved if they'd been able to receive any kind of education or opportunity outside of the family (making) business.

However, Katie may legitimately have some differences. It's downright difficult to watch her in the old family videos on homebirth. I'd describe her effort at communicating as herculean. She clearly struggled to formulate even simple sentences, and she just seemed unfocused and vague. The most damning evidence is Martha's book, though. Katie is just... not there. She's present in the stories, but she never seems to be actively engaged with anything happening around her. When the kids paired off in their "married" couples in Mor-Town, she wasn't included, despite being the obvious partner for Mike as the two eldest (Dorothy was Mike's "wife"). When they played in the creek, she would stand to the side, and not directly participate in play with the others. One would assume that, as the eldest daughter, she was pressed into helpmeet duties early to assist their mother. But there's no evidence of that in the book. Despite being the first born, she's never the "leader" of any younger children, nor do they look up to her or rely upon her. Even in childhood, the other children seemed to provide a fair amount of care for, and direction to Katie. I suspect her suggestible, biddable nature is one of the things that attracted Alan the Scumbag to her in the first place.

Despite whatever other things are going on with Katie, she is obviously a very strong and resilient person. I sincerely hope that she is able to pursue more avenues for self-discovery and expression such as the artwork she produced a few years ago. The 5 year break in childbirth has probably helped quite a lot.

• Upvote 13

And yesterday was Sam & Alyssa's oldest child's birthday. The first of five actually turned five years old. Since June, they've had five kids four & under. *cringe*

Sam just turned 25 & the oldest of his five children just turned five. *cringe*. Alyssa is 27 I believe.

This is part of the reason the Morton spawn are uneducated. At very young ages they have more kids than they can handle, never mind trying to educate them (when you are not educated yourself). Although I think Ma Morton went to college; she just failed to carry any of that towards educating her own offspring. 

Five damn kids five & under when you're all of 25 years old. And expected to support them & provide for them so momma can stay at home to birth more babies & play school with too many fruits of your loins. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Based on the book that she wrote, Martha is of average intelligence. That is neither praise nor a slight. Her book is very poorly written, and shows a profound lack of grammatical refinement, but she's not a bad storyteller. I think that Addie and Dorothy are the brightest sparks among the girls, and Mike is probably the most intelligent of the brothers. With that said, Addie DID edit Martha's book, so take that with the proverbial grain of salt. It's kind of heartbreaking to consider what some of the Morton kids could have achieved if they'd been able to receive any kind of education or opportunity outside of the family (making) business.

However, Katie may legitimately have some differences. It's downright difficult to watch her in the old family videos on homebirth. I'd describe her effort at communicating as herculean. She clearly struggled to formulate even simple sentences, and she just seemed unfocused and vague. The most damning evidence is Martha's book, though. Katie is just... not there. She's present in the stories, but she never seems to be actively engaged with anything happening around her. When the kids paired off in their "married" couples in Mor-Town, she wasn't included, despite being the obvious partner for Mike as the two eldest (Dorothy was Mike's "wife"). When they played in the creek, she would stand to the side, and not directly participate in play with the others. One would assume that, as the eldest daughter, she was pressed into helpmeet duties early to assist their mother. But there's no evidence of that in the book. Despite being the first born, she's never the "leader" of any younger children, nor do they look up to her or rely upon her. Even in childhood, the other children seemed to provide a fair amount of care for, and direction to Katie. I suspect her suggestible, biddable nature is one of the things that attracted Alan the Scumbag to her in the first place.

Despite whatever other things are going on with Katie, she is obviously a very strong and resilient person. I sincerely hope that she is able to pursue more avenues for self-discovery and expression such as the artwork she produced a few years ago. The 5 year break in childbirth has probably helped quite a lot.

Ah, maybe it was Katie I am thinking about. Without the active blog  my memory is fading; what I remember most about Martha’s book was the rough living the older kids endured contrasting so vividly with the images created by Addie in her blog.

And yes, Katie does deserve mad props for surviving Alan and leaving for her children!

• Upvote 11

8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

And yes, Katie does deserve mad props for surviving Alan and leaving for her children!

Yes, she does, and her asshat father deserves eternal damnation for conniving with Craptain Bret to marry her off to the foul Alan.

• Upvote 14

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Ah, maybe it was Katie I am thinking about. Without the active blog  my memory is fading; what I remember most about Martha’s book was the rough living the older kids endured contrasting so vividly with the images created by Addie in her blog.

Martha did go through a weird phase after Zandry was born where she'd post the same exact caption every few days to instagram or facebook as if for the first time. I tend to chalk that up to young motherhood and exhaustion since she demonstrated a fair amount of mental facility in the years before and after. 

Katie has always been oddly set apart, based on the book and the early blogs. Even after the end of her awful marriage, she continues to be infantilized by her siblings, particularly her sisters. It seems like they've had a long habit of speaking about her (and to her?) in a gentle, but condescending way. The Morton women don't do this to each other, or to the other siblings. It's unique to Katie.  (I exclude Addie's half-decade of baby talk, since she universally did it to everyone about everything.)

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Martha did go through a weird phase after Zandry was born where she'd post the same exact caption every few days to instagram or facebook as if for the first time. I tend to chalk that up to young motherhood and exhaustion since she demonstrated a fair amount of mental facility in the years before and after. 

Katie has always been oddly set apart, based on the book and the early blogs. Even after the end of her awful marriage, she continues to be infantilized by her siblings, particularly her sisters. It seems like they've had a long habit of speaking about her (and to her?) in a gentle, but condescending way. The Morton women don't do this to each other, or to the other siblings. It's unique to Katie.  (I exclude Addie's half-decade of baby talk, since she universally did it to everyone about everything.)

You know, the thought that Katie may have some learning differences and the fact that she was given away to a legit convicted pedophile is freaking terrifying. Ugh. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Before Katie's wedding, her father posted about how she was distraught and unable to decide whether or not to marry Alan and she asked her father to choose. It was written as an example of "father knows best" but I always wondered if Katie knew (at least at some level) that Alan had a bad problem. I could not (and still can't) tell if this was because of nurture or nature or a combination of the two.

• Upvote 16

4 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Before Katie's wedding, her father posted about how she was distraught and unable to decide whether or not to marry Alan and she asked her father to choose. It was written as an example of "father knows best" but I always wondered if Katie knew (at least at some level) that Alan had a bad problem. I could not (and still can't) tell if this was because of nurture or nature or a combination of the two.

I bet there are some mental gymnastics that goes on in that house. Father obviously chose wrong. But I doubt he or anyone else in the family would admit it. They would say something like, “well if you hadn’t married Alan, you wouldn’t have your 8 beautiful children.” That’s always the rationalization because these fundies worship procreation. 

• Upvote 11

• 3 weeks later...

Morton friend Sarah of the most arrogant little girl to marry & reproduce shared a picture in her stories of her not yet one year old holding a copy of To Train Up A Child. She said the baby has no idea what's coming for her. 

I am not surprised but I am still sickened. 

• Disgust 6
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 4

13 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Morton friend Sarah of the most arrogant little girl to marry & reproduce shared a picture in her stories of her not yet one year old holding a copy of To Train Up A Child. She said the baby has no idea what's coming for her. 

I am not surprised but I am still sickened. 

I‘m disgusted. Poor poor baby.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I will never be surprised by these assclowns getting giddy over the prospect of hitting their "beloved" infants with plumbing line. Sarah couldn't sound more excited to beat her baby if she tried. The "laugh til I cried" emojis really class it up.

What DOES surprise me is Caroline's pajamas. Firetrucks? On a lady baby?? Pearls clutched.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

I kind of hope we don’t hear an update about Katie for a long time. Because if there is some sort of news, it’s a remarriage. And I don’t even want to know what kind of man Pa Morton would choose after choosing a POS like Alan. I hope once the kids are older she might find a job. 

• Upvote 8

Alyssa and Campbell are in HI with their husbands and babies.  How do they afford this travelling?  I didn't see Alyssa's other kids so I assume that they are still in GA since flying a family of 7 would be very expensive.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Alyssa and Campbell are in HI with their husbands and babies.  How do they afford this travelling?  I didn't see Alyssa's other kids so I assume that they are still in GA since flying a family of 7 would be very expensive.  

I have a hard time imagining leaving my 4,3,2, and 1 year olds home while I go to Hawaii with my baby (while likely pregnant). Maybe I’m just old 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a hard time imagining leaving my 4,3,2, and 1 year olds home while I go to Hawaii with my baby (while likely pregnant). Maybe I’m just old 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have a hard time imagining having that many children that young, and if I did I would likely have been committed to an institution somewhere rather than jetting off to Hawaii. 

Although really... with just a couple kids, it would be awesome to take them on vacations like that. They might not remember, but you'll have memories and photos to cherish forever, of them discovering new things. But with that many? Hawaii without the kids? Absolutely! A tent in a rainy forest somewhere with a lumpy sleeping bag... without the kids? Yeah, I'd be up for a couple days of that. Let me charge and load up my Kindle. 

I think even people who adore their kids beyond reason could sometimes benefit from a break from the kids. But since the kids are their sole reason for being... 

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have a hard time imagining having that many children that young, and if I did I would likely have been committed to an institution somewhere rather than jetting off to Hawaii. 

Although really... with just a couple kids, it would be awesome to take them on vacations like that. They might not remember, but you'll have memories and photos to cherish forever, of them discovering new things. But with that many? Hawaii without the kids? Absolutely! A tent in a rainy forest somewhere with a lumpy sleeping bag... without the kids? Yeah, I'd be up for a couple days of that. Let me charge and load up my Kindle. 

I think even people who adore their kids beyond reason could sometimes benefit from a break from the kids. But since the kids are their sole reason for being... 

Maybe it’s the only way they can stay sane. To jet off with only one and pretend they are carefree. Jill Rod does it all the time. And so does Braggie. For fundies who are obsessed with homeschooling and spending all their lives devoted to their family, they find any excuse to leave their kids at home 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Alyssa and Campbell are in HI with their husbands and babies. 

Canʻt remember but are they anti-vax? If so, everyone over 5 would have had to be vaccinated or provide proof of a negative COVID test (PCR only from approved sources) to enter the state and not be sent into quarantine.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Canʻt remember but are they anti-vax? If so, everyone over 5 would have had to be vaccinated or provide proof of a negative COVID test (PCR only from approved sources) to enter the state and not be sent into quarantine.

I’m pretty sure the Mortons are anti-vax but I’m betting they would put aside their convictions for a trip to Hawaii. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic