IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The Smith trash are having a yard sale. Everything $1.00. Including - you guessed it, teen girl's clothing. 

Is she even cold in the ground yet & they're selling off her possessions & trying to make a buck? 

That's JRod-level horribleness right there. Except Jill would want more $$ per item because it had been worn by <precious deceased offspring>. It'd be like the magic prayer cloths sold by TV evangelists.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

26 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

They are treating it exactly like they treated Alan's arrest. Just skip straight past any difficult feelings or demands for accountability and declare that everything is fine because Jesus is in control.

Yep. This is my take. I saw those FB posts and couldn't believe it. 

Bret and Jacqueline Smith are fucking monsters.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

That’s really really disgusting. I wonder what the psychological effects of skipping the mourning process. Just going straight to everything’s fine, It’s not OK. Every religious higher authority I have met in times of death has always encourage some sort of counseling or grieving process. Even Jesus cried at Lazarus’s death so there is some biblical basis for it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

In order to mourn, first you have to lose something you care about. They experienced real grief when POS child rapist was caught, because they value having a non-imprisoned biological son. They miss him, they long for him, they feel a genuine sense of loss over the years that they will be separated. More importantly, they feel anger over the "forces" that took him from their lives; i.e. the ebil gubment, the victim, and the fact that something has more authority over their lives than the bullshit self-appointed Craptain. In the wake of Alan's arrest, they immediately took to social media and raged at the injustice of it all. Their priorities were clear.

Their adopted daughter? Best go ahead and gut her room, sell her shit, and post the same 3 pictures to social media that people outside the family took since they apparently have none of their own. She's gone, and what's done is done. Jesus is in control!!! And they made their priorities clear once again: they immediately went back to posting home remodeling pictures.

Make absolutely no mistake. If they were offered a Faustian bargain to restore just one of their "lost" children, they would pick Alan.

• Upvote 24
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 6

I’m feeling sorry for Gavido. The only other sibling at home is gone and they are already getting rid of her stuff. The house must be so lonely and miserable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

In order to mourn, first you have to lose something you care about. They experienced real grief when POS child rapist was caught, because they value having a non-imprisoned biological son. They miss him, they long for him, they feel a genuine sense of loss over the years that they will be separated. More importantly, they feel anger over the "forces" that took him from their lives; i.e. the ebil gubment, the victim, and the fact that something has more authority over their lives than the bullshit self-appointed Craptain. In the wake of Alan's arrest, they immediately took to social media and raged at the injustice of it all. Their priorities were clear.

Their adopted daughter? Best go ahead and gut her room, sell her shit, and post the same 3 pictures to social media that people outside the family took since they apparently have none of their own. She's gone, and what's done is done. Jesus is in control!!! And they made their priorities clear once again: they immediately went back to posting home remodeling pictures.

Make absolutely no mistake. If they were offered a Faustian bargain to restore just one of their "lost" children, they would pick Alan.

That is horrifying but somehow I think it is true.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

Any idea what their daughter Madera is up to?

I thought at one point she was working as a nanny. I don’t know if she still is. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Mudgie said:

Any idea what their daughter Madera is up to?

I don't know. But, she is not in that house and that is the most important thing. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Every time I see this thread title it tears at my heart a little more.  I don't follow the Mortons, just vaguely remember reading a bit abt Alan going to prison and threads that followed his wife some years ago and "The Captain's" weird dance related stuff. 

But there's something there that just isn't right, a nagging sense that this wasn't completely an accident, possibly some impropriety that preceded Sitara's death -- and her passing means it won't see the light of day. It's a weird intuition that's based on nothing concrete and I'll leave it at that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

Bret & Jacquie are pawning off the last of their adopted children onto the Challenge Academy. 

Although I'm glad for him in that he is getting out of that house and I'm glad the Smith assholes are sending him somewhere more humane. 

But, way to be the laziest parents ever. No need to educate your kids or find a school that works for their abilities. Just send them all off to the same Youth Academy.

Wonder how Bret thinks he'll get work done around his shithole house now? No more kids at home to send up to the roof or to cut down trees with no training or precautions. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 13

20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Bret & Jacquie are pawning off the last of their adopted children onto the Challenge Academy. 

Although I'm glad for him in that he is getting out of that house and I'm glad the Smith assholes are sending him somewhere more humane. 

But, way to be the laziest parents ever. No need to educate your kids or find a school that works for their abilities. Just send them all off to the same Youth Academy.

Wonder how Bret thinks he'll get word done around his shithole house now? No more kids at home to send up to the roof or to cut down trees with no training or precautions. 

I’m sort of glad Gavido is getting out of there. I bet Bret and Jackie’s selling her possessions had to bother him. It has to be sad to walk around the home being reminded of his sister. They are garbage parents. And it shows most in their oldest son. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

Maybe Gavido wanted out? How depressing to be alone with 2 loonies in a house where everything reminds you of your deceased sister. In any case I'm glad he's getting out. Pseudo-military academy for troubled kids sounds bad, but hopefully less harmful than being raised by Bret. 

ETA: Sorry @JermajestyDuggar, you basically said the same thing. Should finish reading before posting.

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 7

Just caught up with this thread and all I can think is fuck Bret and Jacquie they were negligent and caused their daughter’s death now they are bragging about the free help they got and selling her stuff. 

Last year when my aunt died in a house fire and her son and grandson who were away fishing that night were made homeless, the community did do a lot to help our family with my cousin being homeless with his then 9 year old within days people had raised money so my cousin could get new clothes for himself and his son and also his other children who he has shared custody of. It is good to have the help but you shouldn’t be taking advantage of peoples kindness. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently Campbell and husband moved to Florida, no explanation why. Maybe they just wanted to go to the beach more and be closer to their friends the Campanas. Assuming it's not mission related, would this be the first time a Morton husband moved them from the compound and not related to prosletyzing in a developing country?

Unrelated, and possibly too late for this thread, but mods, for the next one can the title relate to the actual family? The Smiths are ex-inlaws and Morton-adjacent but right now the title is unrelated to the family. Maybe at some point the Smith's should have their own thread - I remember when a previous iteration of this one was set up the idea was there was one for Bret Allan and the Smiths and this would be for all the other/younger Mortons. Now they've converged and it's been dominated by the Smiths again, a family with a lot of really triggering shit. It'd be nice to keep it separate from the younger generation. Just my 2 cents, I'll participate either way. 

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

So apparently Campbell and husband moved to Florida, no explanation why. Maybe they just wanted to go to the beach more and be closer to their friends the Campanas. Assuming it's not mission related, would this be the first time a Morton husband moved them from the compound and not related to prosletyzing in a developing country?

Unrelated, and possibly too late for this thread, but mods, for the next one can the title relate to the actual family? The Smiths are ex-inlaws and Morton-adjacent but right now the title is unrelated to the family. Maybe at some point the Smith's should have their own thread - I remember when a previous iteration of this one was set up the idea was there was one for Bret Allan and the Smiths and this would be for all the other/younger Mortons. Now they've converged and it's been dominated by the Smiths again, a family with a lot of really triggering shit. It'd be nice to keep it separate from the younger generation. Just my 2 cents, I'll participate either way. 

Really? Interesting. I don't think any Morton son has moved away other than those in Paraguay. Cleve spent a year in Texas or something like that, but it wasn't long and he was back before most even realized he was gone. 

Campbell's family is not in Florida, are they? Wonder what the draw is down there. What will John do for a living without the family business? He is trained for nothing other than construction with the rest of the Morton males. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think Campbell has ever fit in that well with the Mortons. The Robertses all seem to think they are so witty and hip. The Mortons just seem like stereotypical country bumpkins. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

They've moved to the same area as the Campanas-- maybe John has some business venture with his brothers-in-law?

• Upvote 1

I'm fairly sure that John will either be working with Nick, or OSA in some capacity, or both. He and Campbell wasted no time in protesting at a clinic over the weekend. I'm still not convinced that Josiah works, so I doubt it has much to do with him either way.

Campbell and Mariah are best friends, and I have to assume that this move was at least partially precipitated by that relationship. John and Campbell are renovating a house, so presumably, they sold their former home and bought something close to Mariah and Josiah. My fondest hope is that Campbell and Mariah are going into business together to build something out of Mariah's existing furniture/vehicle resale hustle. It's not my personal taste, but Campbell has an undeniable eye for design, and other than the flaccid hexagon dick shelf, she seems to have a great sense of how to style a room. 

Weirdly, both families were on the same beach the same day last week, yet neither posted pics of the other, nor mentioned the presence of the other family. Nick Campana was present, and is in both sets of pics, but none of the others are. I also have a strong suspicion Campbell and John have been staying with Mariah and Josiah, but that's also been omitted from mention.

Excitement abounds.

• Upvote 7

Thanks to all who answered me! I do think the documentarian should have presented this if not in a linear fashion but in a clear fashion - or maybe I just needed your perspectives to understand!

This was meant for the Gwen Shamblin thread ;)

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Campbell and Mariah are best friends,

I might be wrong but around the time Kennedy got married weren't there some social media posts about Campbell was best friends with Kennedy? If my memory is correct, I wonder if there was some falling out between the two? Neither has mentioned each other in years and they don't even seem to go to the same events.  Kennedy seems to have fallen deep in the CrossFit world and she seems to spend most of her time in the gym or with her mother/her side of the family and Campbell seems to be more like Mariah now.  Something went down in the Morton compound ...but what? 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

I might be wrong but around the time Kennedy got married weren't there some social media posts about Campbell was best friends with Kennedy? If my memory is correct, I wonder if there was some falling out between the two? Neither has mentioned each other in years and they don't even seem to go to the same events.  Kennedy seems to have fallen deep in the CrossFit world and she seems to spend most of her time in the gym or with her mother/her side of the family and Campbell seems to be more like Mariah now.  Something went down in the Morton compound ...but what? 

Going way back (original Morton blog), the OG bffs were Mariah and Campbell.  Kennedy was close with both of them, especially Campbell, and the three had a bond as a group as well as in various pair configurations. Kennedy married first, which may have been the initial wedge between the three. But I think you're dead right about Crossfit/training being the center of Kennedy's social life at this point. That's something that neither of the other two ever seemed to be remotely interested in.

For the last year or so of their time in Mortonia, Campbell and John were closer with Alyssa and Sam than the other young marrieds. I personally think that Kennedy is struggling to handle the piles of kids, and has thrown herself into fitness to mentally escape the demands on her. So long as Martha is willing to babysit her kids, I guess it's working for them, but it seems clear that Kennedy is not nearly as involved with the rest of the family as she once was.

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, browngrl said:

The two couples went to Colorado together last year when Campbell was still pregnant. (Andrew & Kennedy and John & Campbell), They were all about being BFF's then. I doubt anything major or specific happened between the wives. I don't think women in their world have enough pull to alter life plans. 

I actually think it's a political move. John & Campbell are deep in the tRump cult & Georgia is risky right now; it went blue in November & that had to be a blow they're still trying to recover from. When you are as arrogant as John is and you worship someone even more arrogant, you really can't fathom not being part of the "the win". And, right now, Florida is not only where their god lives, but among the biggest GOP cesspits in the country, tied maybe with Texas. Plus, tRump is totally out to get Kemp because he (Kemp) had the balls to certify a legitimate election. 

Although the whole of the Morton clan are tRumpers, I think John & Campbell are  in the position to make a statement by moving to more consistent tRump territory. No Stacey Abrams in Florida getting all those black people to think they're uppity enough to vote and all that. 

I still wonder what John could possibly be doing for a living now - since if they actually bought the house they say they're renovating, he has to have reliable income. But, the Mortons being able to "self employ" all their sons was always a mystery to me anyway. Most family businesses can't really support that many families that "well". Their construction business isn't a large one and has next to no online presence. And not having a website and reviews and all the trappings of business in the 21st century just seems freaking odd to me. How do they get customers? Enough customers to support all those sons & hoards of children? And the farm - same thing. No real presences. How are they making enough to support basically the entire 2nd & 3rd generations of Mortons?

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

But I think you're dead right about Crossfit/training being the center of Kennedy's social life at this point.

I'm fascinated by the possibility of any fundy/Crossfit connection, every since I discovered that Maranatha and Matthew Chapman own a Crossfit "box" in Tyler, Texas.  To my mind, they were the most unlikely people on the planet to own a Crossfit, but what do I know!

Also, wearing non-modest workout clothes -- but maybe Mortons et al. were never into ultra modest frumpers and what not. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic