IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

On 5/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, dramallama said:

I hope their children take after their mother.

He's not so bad looking. But that's some backwoods orthodontia for sure.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Fully admit Cleve is by far the best looking Morton. Like he blows everyone else out of the water. Yes, even John. Who obviously thinks highly of himself 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fully admit Cleve is by far the best looking Morton. Like he blows everyone else out of the water. Yes, even John. Who obviously thinks highly of himself 🙄

Totally shallow and subjective opinion: I don't find any of the Mortons to be good looking, to say the least, men or women, however I do agree that Cleve is definitely the only one I think it's pretty good looking.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Totally shallow and subjective opinion: I don't find any of the Mortons to be good looking, to say the least, men or women, however I do agree that Cleve is definitely the only one I think it's pretty good looking.

I don't find any of them particularly good looking either. Not even Cleve. I don't think they're ugly or anything like that. I just don't find any of them attractive. I don't think it's shallow to not think someone is attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder an all that. I mean, I don't find a lot of people particularly attractive, but that doesn't mean anything other than - well, forget it, it means absolutely nothing at all. 

• Upvote 3

Honestly if I didn't know their beliefs I'd find them mostly attractive.  However, knowing the toxic garbage in their hearts and souls makes me think them disgusting. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I really don't want to snark on anyone's appearance and I personally think all of them look just fine. It's clear that they don't do orthodontia but how much of that is, like, refusal to buy insurance and how much is just budget or preference is anyone's guess.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I don't find any of them particularly good looking either. Not even Cleve. I don't think they're ugly or anything like that. I just don't find any of them attractive. I don't think it's shallow to not think someone is attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder an all that. I mean, I don't find a lot of people particularly attractive, but that doesn't mean anything other than - well, forget it, it means absolutely nothing at all. 

I don't think they're ugly either, they're just regular I guess lol nothing bad about that, what's ugly about them it's their beliefs.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Honestly if I didn't know their beliefs I'd find them mostly attractive.  However, knowing the toxic garbage in their hearts and souls makes me think them disgusting. 

I agree with this.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Black Aliss said:

He's not so bad looking. But that's some backwoods orthodontia for sure.

I agree with this as well. I hope he's seen a dentist regularly, because the health of teeth can have an impact on your overall health. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I don't think they're ugly either, they're just regular I guess lol nothing bad about that, what's ugly about them it's their beliefs.

I think regular is the correct term - which is why I roll my eyes at the younger Morton wives proudly proclaiming what gorgeous hunks they have married. Because I beg to disagree. But yeah, they're probably not super ugly either *shrugs*. 

• Upvote 3

I admit that if someone has nice eyes, my brain automatically finds them good looking. It doesn’t even really matter what the rest of their face looks like. I mostly only look at a person’s eyes anyway. And Cleve has nice looking eyes so that’s probably why I think he’s good looking. 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will admit that Katie Morton did one thing I totally agree with. Her oldest used to be Bret Alan Smith Jr. Now he is Brian Andrew Morton. He has the same first two initials and the Morton last name. If I was in her situation, I would do the exact same thing. I’m hoping Brian had input on his new name. I would talk to the kid and come up with a new name. Because he shouldn’t have to have the same name as that monster. I’m guessing all the kids go by their last name Morton now too. 

Esther is Esther Hope Morton and another one of the younger girls name was changed as well. They've definitely done as right by those kids as possible especially in comparison to Duggars. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Esther is Esther Hope Morton and another one of the younger girls name was changed as well. They've definitely done as right by those kids as possible especially in comparison to Duggars. 

Now, why did Esther have her name changed? She was, per my records, Katherine Esther, after her mom (who is Catherine Esther May, also per my records). It doesn't seem like there would be a need to change her name or any of the other kids, like there would be for Brian. Do you know which of the younger girls changed her name, and to what?

34 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Now, why did Esther have her name changed? She was, per my records, Katherine Esther, after her mom (who is Catherine Esther May, also per my records). It doesn't seem like there would be a need to change her name or any of the other kids, like there would be for Brian. Do you know which of the younger girls changed her name, and to what?

I would guess the one with Jacqueline as a middle name. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I thought she was Katherine Esther as well. I know Bret III was changed to Brian but not that any of the other kids have had their names changed. It's Dorothy, the 2nd youngest, who has Jacqueline as a middle name. But all the boys have a Smith relative in their name somewhere. Did they change them all?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Not sure and not comfortable speculating considering the situation. 

One of the little girls is now Rachel if I saw the one post correct. I wrote down Elizabeth when I saw it but I didn't save it to know for certain why I thought it was her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I think she always went by Esther anyway. So I guess it makes sense to change it to her first. A lot of the Mortons seem to go by middle names. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Not sure and not comfortable speculating considering the situation. 

One of the little girls is now Rachel if I saw the one post correct. I wrote down Elizabeth when I saw it but I didn't save it to know for certain why I thought it was her. 

Gottcha. Thanks for the info. 

• Upvote 1

I knew one family where the first son was Michael Gregory and the second son was Gregory John. Those aren't the real names, but you get the idea. Maybe Katherine Esther and Esther Hope are two different people?

30 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I knew one family where the first son was Michael Gregory and the second son was Gregory John. Those aren't the real names, but you get the idea. Maybe Katherine Esther and Esther Hope are two different people?

Nope, it's definitely the same little girl.  She's the only older girl in that family and she is one of the only recognizable Morton grandkids besides Alyssa's because Alyssa just cloned herself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I can imagine a scenario where Katie says to the kids that their last name will be changed to Morton and oldest brother will be Brian Andrew now. And then some of the other kids decide that if they are already changing their last name, they want to change another part of their name as well. 

• Upvote 10

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can imagine a scenario where Katie says to the kids that their last name will be changed to Morton and oldest brother will be Brian Andrew now. And then some of the other kids decide that if they are already changing their last name, they want to change another part of their name as well. 

Yeah, it's completely understandable in this particular situation to allow the kids to change more than just their last name. Especially if it's a family name connected to the other, no longer present side of the family. I'd imagine Dorothy got a new middle name as well. 

• Upvote 5

I know that I have a family member who changed their name after a traumatic event that caused their father to lose all parental rights and for them to not see that side of the family anymore.  It was a way to have a clean break with a new middle and last name.  I can definitely see the older kids (who'd be more likely to be aware of the details of what happened) changing their names to distance themselves.  

• Upvote 6

Obviously every situation and everyone's way of coping are different, and once CSA is involved it's a completely different kettle of fish. But when my parents got divorced, I decided to keep the same name as my abusive dad, since I figured it was my name just as much as his, and I wouldn't let him take it from me. Of course, I was all grown-up then, and as I said, different situation. But to me, it was actually empowering to keep the name.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Obviously every situation and everyone's way of coping are different, and once CSA is involved it's a completely different kettle of fish. But when my parents got divorced, I decided to keep the same name as my abusive dad, since I figured it was my name just as much as his, and I wouldn't let him take it from me. Of course, I was all grown-up then, and as I said, different situation. But to me, it was actually empowering to keep the name.

Smith is such a common name, that most people wouldn't associate with this family, except for the kid who was the third. Hopefully, the kids had a say in changing their names. If changing the name makes people happy, good for them.

• Upvote 5

Since they all live on Morton mountain with 50 other Mortons, I guess it makes sense they would want to be Mortons too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic