IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they have other reasons. They act like it’s to glorify god but I think they like going down to Mexico and enjoying the lovely weather while it’s horribly cold in Iowa. They are snowbirds that pretend they travel to spread the word of god. They are also pretty social. They enjoy socializing with friends. *snip*

Yeah, there are a lot of Mennonites in Mexico and so it seems more like an excuse to visit extended family and "missionary" friends.

Whenever I see audience members, they're almost always white -which I get it: there are plenty of white Mexicans, but this is Bontragers we're talking about.

As for Pa Helferich and Marlin being two peas in a pod: that's fine, I'm sure Allison shares those beliefs too, but I doubt anyone really wants their hyper judgy FIL hanging around all the time.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

As for Pa Helferich and Marlin being two peas in a pod: that's fine, I'm sure Allison shares those beliefs too, but I doubt anyone really wants their hyper judgy FIL hanging around all the time.

I doubt whether Allison has any say in whether her FIL is hanging around and I doubt if anyone cares whether she wants a break from him.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Taylor had a quick Q&A on the FB Story today.  I had never heard him speak and was really quite suprosed at the heavy lisp he has..... very noticeable problem with the s sound.  Almost like a kid wearing their bug 1990s retainer for the first time.

We're you guys aware of his speech impediment? I don't recall speech issues being discussed for this family.  

• Upvote 2

I think it has been discussed a few years back and how Marlin and Becky should have supported him with speech therapy and so on.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

Taylor had a quick Q&A on the FB Story today.  I had never heard him speak and was really quite suprised at the heavy lisp he has..... very noticeable problem with the s sound.  Almost like a kid wearing their bug 1990s retainer for the first time.

We're you guys aware of his speech impediment? I don't recall speech issues being discussed for this family.  

I wasn't, but I am surprised. Taylor did well in the Bible Bee, so you'd think elocution would be a strength.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

Taylor had a quick Q&A on the FB Story today.  I had never heard him speak and was really quite suprosed at the heavy lisp he has..... very noticeable problem with the s sound.  Almost like a kid wearing their bug 1990s retainer for the first time.

Yes, I’ve known of it for a few years. We had a discussion in the past about how they should have utilized speech therapy for him. I first heard his lisp a few years ago when competing in the Bible bee. 

• Upvote 3

I didn't know it but am not surprised. One of the others - the one who tried to take on Elliot Page - has a speech impediment as well. They clearly don't believe in therapies or that there is a problem in the first place.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I didn't know it but am not surprised. One of the others - the one who tried to take on Elliot Page - has a speech impediment as well. They clearly don't believe in therapies or that there is a problem in the first place.

I’m thinking that was Mitchell. But I can’t remember 100%. 

• Upvote 4

On 3/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, anachronistic said:

I just never understand how you can be missionaries to a country that is Christian to begin with. It is beyond belief. Also beyond arrogant. 

Isn't equally arrogant to want to convert anyone? It seems arrogant to want to convert anyone. At least if the people are Christian, the cultures are similar enough they aren't really losing a different culture. Also hopefully, having experience with Christianity will give potential converts insight into the religion and make easier to assess the missionaries, new religion, etc. 

• I Agree 2

On 3/7/2022 at 1:37 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

If we know Allison is miserable, they have to know that Allison is miserable, and as much as Marlin and Becky are questionable... You wonder how guilty they feel. While the Carson/Lina marriage is a joke, they seem happy enough and Lina isn't at all cut off from her family.

I think that if the Bonts wrote out a list of things they wanted for their kids "Happiness" wouldn't be on it. This is just not something they value nor would think was important. Whether or not Allison is happy is of little concern to them. They want to make sure she is in a "Godly marriage" and raising her kids "in the Lord". Whether or not this makes her happy doesn't matter. 

Edited by ElizaB
clarification
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 6

10 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I think that if the Bonts wrote out a list of things they wanted for their kids "Happiness" wouldn't be on it. This is just not something they value nor would think was important. Whether or not Allison is happy is of little concern to them. They want to make sure she is in a "Godly marriage" and raising her kids "in the Lord". Whether or not this makes her happy doesn't matter. 

Agreed. IMO they’d also claim there’s value in suffering in an unhappy marriage. They probably stipulate abuse as being bad but would then justify so much abuse that basically anything less than attempted murder wouldn’t qualify. 

There’s a book about how marriage is for making people holy, not happy. I’ll see if I can find the title. It was basically a justification of never divorcing. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2

Has anybody heard about Baby Cyrus and the 'medical kidnapping' in Boise, ID. Saw a post about it on Carver Bowers's instagram today. The family seems to have a different story than the police do about what exactly happened. 

Family' Story:

https://freedomman.org/cyrus/

News Story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/local/st-lukes-boise-lockdown-protest-baby/277-35ea8216-2b63-4918-a720-936f083914b3

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, sparrow said:

Has anybody heard about Baby Cyrus and the 'medical kidnapping' in Boise, ID. Saw a post about it on Carver Bowers's instagram today. The family seems to have a different story than the police do about what exactly happened. 

Family' Story:

https://freedomman.org/cyrus/

News Story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/local/st-lukes-boise-lockdown-protest-baby/277-35ea8216-2b63-4918-a720-936f083914b3

Yes, I’ve seen it. I just roll my eyes when I see fundies talking about medical kidnapping. I trust the doctors way more than I trust anti-vax woo loving fundies. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

The baby is back with his parents but they are still pissy because they have to do what CPS says. That’s why the kid was taken away in the first place. Because they weren’t doing what the doctor said and his health was deteriorating. If they had just done what the doctor said and didn’t cancel appointments, the baby wouldn’t have been taken to the hospital and away from them. It’s their fault but of course they would never admit that. But now that they know the baby can be removed from their custody, maybe they will finally comply with his health care treatment. These idiots scream about child trafficking rings in CPS and sound ridiculous because the state usually wants to return the kid to the parents unless it’s impossible. I swear most of these people are delusional. 

AE694F23-82AE-4909-BC12-14FC7203CDD7.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

So baby Cyrus apparently has an issue with digesting proteins. I'm sure the right mix of Young Living essential oils will fix him right up. 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 2

This story is making me angry. His parents are abusive monsters. 

Please stop posting their point of view! Their point of view is irrelevant. Their baby needed medical help and they are trying to hurt the baby by not getting him the help he needs. Social services are run by the state, so for a red state like Idaho to step in something must be terribly wrong. 

One of the main supporters of the parents is a man named Ammon Bundy. I remembered hearing about him from this incident in 2016. He's a militant extremist. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So baby Cyrus apparently has an issue with digesting proteins. I'm sure the right mix of Young Living essential oils will fix him right up. 🙄

My guess is colloidal silver, essential oils, chiropractor visits, elderberry syrup, and praying. Those things seem to be the mainstays of fundie woo these days. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

One of the main supporters of the parents is a man named Ammon Bundy. I remembered hearing about him from this incident in 2016. He's a militant extremist. 

Because of him this case is being discussed in the Politics thread as well. He's an ass.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I’ve seen it. I just roll my eyes when I see fundies talking about medical kidnapping. I trust the doctors way more than I trust anti-vax woo loving fundies. 

Yeah they're all about independent rights for the unborn, to hell with what their parents want even the child is facing at best, a few days or weeks of absolute agonizing pain, but the courts and strangers know whats best and its for that child to suffer needlessly before their certain death. They think its the role of the government to outlaw the rights of the parents to choose whats best and that its the role of strangers and society to tell them because they know better than those selfish parents.

But once the child is born? F their rights, their right to life is out the door, don't even start on liberty and happiness because children don't have those and the only thing that matters is what their parents want and any laws or state interference that try to interfere with that are nothing but corrupt communistic tools of big government control to take away the rights of parents to do whatever they want to their kids, which only the parents should have a say in, ever. 

Hypocrisy thy name is fundies...  but we already knew that. 

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The baby is back with his parents but they are still pissy because they have to do what CPS says. That’s why the kid was taken away in the first place. Because they weren’t doing what the doctor said and his health was deteriorating. If they had just done what the doctor said and didn’t cancel appointments, the baby wouldn’t have been taken to the hospital and away from them. It’s their fault but of course they would never admit that. But now that they know the baby can be removed from their custody, maybe they will finally comply with his health care treatment. These idiots scream about child trafficking rings in CPS and sound ridiculous because the state usually wants to return the kid to the parents unless it’s impossible. I swear most of these people are delusional. 

AE694F23-82AE-4909-BC12-14FC7203CDD7.jpeg

Oh I forgot to add this right to abuse children under the guise of MAGABabyJeuss also only applies to white parents. If the parents were black or Latine or Native, there'd he no fundie support and the parental rights would already be terminated and the baby would be eligible to be adopted by white fundies a few states away.

If you can't tell, this pisses me off. I sometimes hope Jesus of the Bible is real so he can bitch slap these racist, abusive monsters when they try to get into Heaven claiming they're the bestest Christians ever, before he sends them to hell and tells them to learn to read. And I like to think he'd be having a few very strong words with Peter and Paul and the guys who wrote the worst of the stuff fundies love to use as justification claiming they spoke for Jesus, before doing the same.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, zee_four said:

But once the child is born? F their rights, their right to life is out the door, don't even start on liberty and happiness because children don't have those and the only thing that matters is what their parents want and any laws or state interference that try to interfere with that are nothing but corrupt communistic tools of big government control to take away the rights of parents to do whatever they want to their kids, which only the parents should have a say in, ever. 

I recently finished reading a book about the Quiverfull movement in which the author built an argument that the home, for Quiverfull families, is a “sinless space” in which no one can sin against other members of the family (mostly in the context of parents against their children) and that’s why there’s so little discussion about protecting children or abuse in Quiverfull literature. It made perfect sense, and I still can’t see how I missed that. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff, like the Duggars, back through that framework, and it’s so revealing. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

33 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I recently finished reading a book about the Quiverfull movement in which the author built an argument that the home, for Quiverfull families, is a “sinless space” in which no one can sin against other members of the family (mostly in the context of parents against their children) and that’s why there’s so little discussion about protecting children or abuse in Quiverfull literature. It made perfect sense, and I still can’t see how I missed that. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff, like the Duggars, back through that framework, and it’s so revealing. 

In a dysfunctional family, there are no boundaries between family members. The boundaries are between the family and the outside world. So they may not like abuse within the family, but they join ranks against social service, police and others who try to help them. This "sinless space" sounds like a no boundary zone to me. They just dress up dysfunction to make it sound Godly. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

Yeesh! Chelsy (Bontrager) Maxwell has had quite the wild ride health-wise these past 9 months or so! The dental problems were the least of it, but I'm just going to be BEC here...who doesn't know you need to go to a dentist even if your teeth are healthy??

(Before you flame me, she writes that she didn't go "out of convenience," not because she couldn't afford it. Good Lord woman, get thee to a dentist!)

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2022/03/life-update-and-upcoming-surgery.html

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic