IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

I hope Allison got rid of her blog, because she wanted to and not because the Helferichs are trying to isolate her. 

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I hope Allison got rid of her blog, because she wanted to and not because the Helferichs are trying to isolate her. 

Same here!

She has posted more on Instagram over the past couple of days though, so maybe she's just doing that more instead of her blog. At least I hope that's the case!

Now that I think about it, Instagram is probably better for shilling her MLM stuff so that could be driving the change too.

• Upvote 8

Blogs are dying and have been dying for years. Even the long lived Maxwell blog is done. It’s all about instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, and FB if you want to sell yourself and your children for money and/or back pats. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And Instagram is a lot less work than blogging.  One picture and a maybe two sentences is enough for a post. 

Allison just replied to someone on Instagram that she discontinued her blog.

Though I don't doubt she loves her baby, I don't think Allison really wants to share much about her life anymore.  She skipped many of the really easy and popular newlywed blog topics that most fundie brides relish in (How I set up my new house! How I set up my living room!  Which kitchen gadgets I can't live without! My pregnancy journal!)

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

And Instagram is a lot less work than blogging.  One picture and a maybe two sentences is enough for a post. 

Allison just replied to someone on Instagram that she discontinued her blog.

Though I don't doubt she loves her baby, I don't think Allison really wants to share much about her life anymore.  She skipped many of the really easy and popular newlywed blog topics that most fundie brides relish in (How I set up my new house! How I set up my living room!  Which kitchen gadgets I can't live without! My pregnancy journal!)

She’s probably also pregnant again. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Blogs are dying and have been dying for years. Even the long lived Maxwell blog is done. It’s all about instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, and FB if you want to sell yourself and your children for money and/or back pats. 

The Maxwell blog died because Sarah finally moved out (Hallelujah!) and Steve and Teri are too lazy to keep it going plus they hate social media.

• Upvote 9

She put so many disclaimers in this post. They are almost as long as the original post! Sorry I just kind of hate huge disclaimers when it comes to social media. If you need that many disclaimers, maybe don’t post it in the first place 🤷🏻‍♀️

45DC23EC-A951-498A-BFE0-9BC015778422.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 3

Allison replied to a comment re: her blog being down

D5BBC129-81A4-4414-B19C-B46A6A5A5641.jpeg.58fdafcb0b3aa9baabb5531a40f3dc4f.jpeg

Like others said, blogs are sorta passé so it’s not that surprising. Instagram is easier and less time consuming as well.

ETA: I missed that @MomJeans already said that, my bad. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Upvote 6

I personally wish they wouldn’t delete the blogs outright. Because then we can’t go back and look at things they said in the past. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

The whole thing about “getting ready for work” as a SAHM reeks of the women’s magazine articles from the 50s and 60s in which housewives were exhorted to take proper care of their appearance, dress up when their man came home, allow him to talk about the annoyances of his day while keeping your mouth shut about yours, etc. Not a healthy attitude then, not healthy now. It’s also a lot easier to look after your appearance when you’ve only got one baby. Get back to us in a few years when you’ve got multiple toddlers, a new baby, and are pregnant again. You may not be prioritizing your appearance at that point. 

• Upvote 18

10 minutes ago, postscript said:

The whole thing about “getting ready for work” as a SAHM reeks of the women’s magazine articles from the 50s and 60s in which housewives were exhorted to take proper care of their appearance, dress up when their man came home, allow him to talk about the annoyances of his day while keeping your mouth shut about yours, etc. Not a healthy attitude then, not healthy now. It’s also a lot easier to look after your appearance when you’ve only got one baby. Get back to us in a few years when you’ve got multiple toddlers, a new baby, and are pregnant again. You may not be prioritizing your appearance at that point. 

I’m a stay at home mom and I like wearing comfy clothing. I’m dressed for the job I have. Just like I would be dressed for an office job in slacks, sweaters, and nice shoes. Being a stay at home mom means you get puked on, hair pulled, and you are sitting on the floor and taking walks. You wear comfortable clothing you can move around in, not a ton of dangly jewelry, hair that’s put away from your face, and good shoes for walking. It’s all about practicality on the job for me. Not about looking great for my husband or kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I hate this so much. His opinion should not have a huge bearing. Her opinion should. Women should wear what they like and what they feel comfortable in. Should his opinion matter? Sure. But it should never outweigh hers because it’s her body, her choice. I give my opinion when it comes to my husband’s clothing. But I would never outweigh this opinion. I would never make him wear something he hates just because I like the way it looks. It’s so obvious John Maxwell likes jeans on Chelsy and Jeremiah Helferich likes skirts past the knees and shoulders covered on Allison. But I bet Allison’s opinion isn’t huge when it comes to what her husband wears. I bet he would still wear ratty stained up jeans even if she said she didn’t like them. 

8BDC396C-9AA2-489C-AAB4-BDB7444F23EB.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

Does Allison even have a following anymore? Her posting is so sporadic. She'll post a bunch over a few days then nothing for weeks. I can't imagine there are a lot of "girls" hanging on her words anymore. 

When I was married, my husband wanted to grow his hair long. I absolutely hated it and he knew it. But I never told him he had to cut it. He "let" me cut it when he finally had enough and that was a banner day - again, he knew how happy I was he was no longer going to look like an old hippie - and me cutting off that damn pony-tail was the highlight of that month for me! 

In turn, I have naturally curly hair but it's frizzy as hell. He loved my "big" hair. I straightened it. I knew he liked it natural but I hated it and always straightened it. If I didn't have time to straighten I went with a pony-tail. As much as he could harp about it like a little kid, he never "told" me I had to wear it curly or demanded I did so. 

I do not have kids & have worked from home for two years. I wear sweats, sweatshirts, shorts & t-shirts 75% of the time. There is absolutely no reason to do hair & makeup & wear dressy clothes to sit at home. Even for meetings we were all very casual after the first few when we realized this home thing was going to be a lot longer than initially thought. Half the time we don't even turn our cameras on anymore for meetings so there is no reason to even make sure I don't have a stain on my shirt. That is totally dressing for the job I have, in the location in which I do it .Hell, even when we went to the office, we wore jeans. An entire office that would make Allison gasp at our lack of femininity & not caring about our husbands choices in clothes. 

She lives in a delusional world controlled by her religion's rule makers - the men. She has no clue what it's like to live in the real world. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

We've speculated before that Allison enjoyed being a career woman. Speculation: Marlin and Becky didn't like her being an independent career woman. First she stopped working and started touring and her parents fasted and prayed that she would get married. Now she's married and at home. If she wasn't fundie, I think Allison would have a career. At her age she might still be focused on her career or she'd have a baby and a career. 

I have no problem with a stay-at-home mom wanting to look nice. 

As for the dressing for  a man, I watched an episode of Oprah long ago where the couple want to try new things. They both agreed to a date where he would make all the decisions and she would go along with it. One of the things he got to do was pick out her clothes for the date. He also decided what to do. They enjoyed the date a lot, but it was one (or more) dates not all the time. If two people consent and it makes them happy for someone to tell the other person what to wear, it's none of my business. Different people have different turn-ons. However I don't wives should always dress for their husbands.

Allison reminds me of many other young women who just want as much attention as possible from their significant other. Jeremiah originally struck me as a guy who wouldn't want to spend all of his free time with his woman. I hope they're happy.

• Upvote 11

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate this so much. His opinion should not have a huge bearing. Her opinion should.

I would bet anything that Allison grew up hearing that her father should approve of her clothing choices and is used to running them by him. The Botkins were really big on this in their “Reclaiming Beauty” webinar and a little less so in “It’s Not That Complicated.” Want to start wearing knee high boots? Ask your father. Want to pierce your ears/cut your hair? Ask your father what he would prefer. Want to overhaul your wardrobe and start a new look? Sit down with dad and ask him what kinds of looks he likes and make his vision your own. And don’t forget to check with your father and brothers to make sure what you’re wearing is modest. 

It’s just a natural extension of that to then go to your husband and ask him what he likes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

I find it interesting that both Josiah and Jeremiah Helferich are listed as living at 7230 Old Highway 60; Mountain Grove, MO 65711

For example https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/find/josiah-helferich/21MBA1IO9BcK 

When you look that address up in the real estate databases, you see a beautiful custom home: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7230-Old-Highway-60-Mountain-Grove-MO-65711/2084336371_zpid/

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm curious as to what evidence there is that the Bowers are old money. I highly doubt they made 7 figures on their documentaries either. I still think they married into Bontragers for money.

That's not my perception. Maybe 7 figures is pushing it but the film won $101,000 at the San Antonio Christian Film Festival and has sold thousands of theater tickets (it really had a moment in conservative circles), plus DVDs and other merch. Then he made the Agenda 2 spinoff which had equal success. Curtis produced and directed the whole thing himself so I don't think it cost too much to make. He also owned 3 award-winning restaurants in Colorado and Idaho.

They have been living large in beautiful houses, own expensive cars and RVs and move on a whim. They definitely did not marry the Bontragers for money. Curtis is an entrepreneur and Marlin is a farmer who seems to funnel any profits back into ministry (they're on the road like 6 months of year). The reason they married off their daughters to Bontrager sons was to join forces with another influential Christian family in their circles.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I find it interesting that both Josiah and Jeremiah Helferich are listed as living at 7230 Old Highway 60; Mountain Grove, MO 65711

For example https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/find/josiah-helferich/21MBA1IO9BcK 

When you look that address up in the real estate databases, you see a beautiful custom home: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7230-Old-Highway-60-Mountain-Grove-MO-65711/2084336371_zpid/

That home has 10 acres of land. That’s plenty for parking RVs and working on building new homes on the property for each Helferich family. They might be staying with the Helferich parents while homes are being built.

• Upvote 7

It appears Carver Bowers has changed his instagram to CarverBowersOfficial. Wonder if this means y'all are correct about the Hannie Duggar courtship 🤢 If so, poor Hannie.

• Move Along 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, postscript said:

YES!  I worked FT with our oldest but when the twins came along I had 3 under 3 for a few months.... I WANTED to look and feel productive but soon realized that was not possible in my exhausted, nearly constant nursing state.. Keeping everyone semi-sane and safe was more important for me at the time.  I also realized my clothing was getting ruined from cleaning, cooking, forgetting to spot treat etc.  Husband did not care how I looked.. he worried more about how I felt.. how mentally stable I was and how sleep deprived I was.  I only *dressed* for leaving the house, showered  and in scrubbie clothing for daily routine, I Preferred to have a meal in the making and house fairly picked up when husband got home from work.   He would immediately change into his scrubbies and jump on the toddler/baby train with me!  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

It appears Carver Bowers has changed his instagram to CarverBowersOfficial. Wonder if this means y'all are correct about the Hannie Duggar courtship 🤢 If so, poor Hannie.

Maybe he’s realizing his music isn’t making him much money and he’s switching directions to flipping houses. 

51 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

YES!  I worked FT with our oldest but when the twins came along I had 3 under 3 for a few months.... I WANTED to look and feel productive but soon realized that was not possible in my exhausted, nearly constant nursing state.. Keeping everyone semi-sane and safe was more important for me at the time.  I also realized my clothing was getting ruined from cleaning, cooking, forgetting to spot treat etc.  Husband did not care how I looked.. he worried more about how I felt.. how mentally stable I was and how sleep deprived I was.  I only *dressed* for leaving the house, showered  and in scrubbie clothing for daily routine, I Preferred to have a meal in the making and house fairly picked up when husband got home from work.   He would immediately change into his scrubbies and jump on the toddler/baby train with me!  

I remember one time I went to a doctors appointment for my second when he was a newborn. I forgot to change my gross clothes. I got to the appointment and was so embarrassed. Oh well, I’m sure the doctor and nurses had seen it all. 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe he’s realizing his music isn’t making him much money and he’s switching directions to flipping houses. 

I remember one time I went to a doctors appointment for my second when he was a newborn. I forgot to change my gross clothes. I got to the appointment and was so embarrassed. Oh well, I’m sure the doctor and nurses had seen it all. 

But "official" ? Rather than being CarverBowersConstruction or something.

Regardless, still not as cringey as CharlieTheOilGuy :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Pa Bont, Liz and Reb went on a daddy/daughter date to see a Collingsworth gig.

Also, just a thought, the Bonts new CD is called "finish well", could it have been a tribute to the last tour and the last CD? 

• Upvote 6

The Bonts and Collingsworths are so different. The C family isn’t quiverful, they seem to all be rich, they actually care about going to a decent college for the menfolk, and they don’t come across as conspiracy theorists (unlike the Bonts). But they are both smug and give off “I’m better than you vibes.”

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic