IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

So the Bonts are in California on their tour today. California has super strict mask requirements (I think?) and various establishments frequently check vaccination cards. I wonder how this goes...

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

So the Bonts are in California on their tour today. California has super strict mask requirements (I think?) and various establishments frequently check vaccination cards. I wonder how this goes...

I’m betting they booked churches they know won’t enforce masks. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m betting they booked churches they know won’t enforce masks. 

Exactly-- and they eat on the bus, or in church halls, or are invited home for a meal. Only issue is when they need to go into a grocery store or laundromat.

• Upvote 4

On 1/30/2022 at 2:05 AM, ttej123 said:

Gone down the rabbit hole... he's been raging against communists since the Cold War and was pro-apartheid to the point of setting up the "Council on South Africa" which aimed at targeting conservative businesses and political leaders to side with the Apartheid regime... by what is I'm sure a pure coincidence he has also been a huge gold investor and South Africa is one of the largest gold-producing countries.

https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1987-03-25-2558239-story.html

Thanks for digging this up! While gross and shocking, it's also funny that literally nothing he predicted has come true. The 90s were actually a very stable, prosperous decade for America. Recession didn't hit until 2008, and Soviet influence was a very low threat until the mid 2010's when hacking warfare developed. It just goes to show that conservatives have always used fear-based tactics to manipulate people and make money.

I find it interesting that Curtis and Lauren, who both come from pseudo-intellectual/political/business backgrounds chose to marry off their daughters to farmer boys from a family of travelling singers. Now the Bonts have a lot of clout in the fundie world and are also very vocal about America's great culture war, but they're just singing and preaching in churches to their own people. Meanwhile Curtis is rubbing shoulders with alt-right royalty, making podcasts and producing high-budget documentaries. My sentiment is that the Bonts look up to the Bowers and admire them, to the point of being roped in to participate in Jan 6th. I don't think they would have gone without the Bowers. But I could be wrong... 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Thanks for digging this up! While gross and shocking, it's also funny that literally nothing he predicted has come true. The 90s were actually a very stable, prosperous decade for America. Recession didn't hit until 2008, and Soviet influence was a very low threat until the mid 2010's when hacking warfare developed. It just goes to show that conservatives have always used fear-based tactics to manipulate people and make money.

I find it interesting that Curtis and Lauren, who both come from pseudo-intellectual/political/business backgrounds chose to marry off their daughters to farmer boys from a family of travelling singers. Now the Bonts have a lot of clout in the fundie world and are also very vocal about America's great culture war, but they're just singing and preaching in churches to their own people. Meanwhile Curtis is rubbing shoulders with alt-right royalty, making podcasts and producing high-budget documentaries. My sentiment is that the Bonts look up to the Bowers and admire them, to the point of being roped in to participate in Jan 6th. I don't think they would have gone without the Bowers. But I could be wrong... 

I agree the Bowers have the clout and the Bontragers have the money. It is a firm belief of mine that Curtis and Lauren wanted their daughters to marry young men they thought they could provide for their girls. Academics tend to have a lot of clout and not a lot of money. I doubt the Bowers are rich and what money they do have needs to finance their six sons. They saw a chance to find good providers for the girls and have two less mouths to feed.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree the Bowers have the clout and the Bontragers have the money. It is a firm belief of mine that Curtis and Lauren wanted their daughters to marry young men they thought they could provide for their girls. Academics tend to have a lot of clout and not a lot of money. I doubt the Bowers are rich and what money they do have needs to finance their six sons. They saw a chance to find good providers for the girls and have two less mouths to feed.

The Bowers family have sold two houses for a profit I believe. They fixed up the house they had in Iowa and sold it for more than they bought it. And their home in Alabama was sold for a decent amount of money. They definitely aren’t poor. Especially now that they have 3 boys that are able to work as adults. They only have 4 minors left. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bowers family have sold two houses for a profit I believe. They fixed up the house they had in Iowa and sold it for more than they bought it. And their home in Alabama was sold for a decent amount of money. They definitely aren’t poor. Especially now that they have 3 boys that are able to work as adults. They only have 4 minors left. 

Maybe not poor, but money is probably tight and they have to help the male adults/children. If money were plentiful, they probably would have married off the oldest sons. They don't have the money for 6 quivers.

• Eyeroll 2

55 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Maybe not poor, but money is probably tight and they have to help the male adults/children. If money were plentiful, they probably would have married off the oldest sons. They don't have the money for 6 quivers.

Well Christian is just turning 18. So he’s still very young. I think carver is around 20. Which is also fairly young for fundie males to marry. Charlie is the only one that probably should have gotten married by now. But we actually haven’t seen that much of him in the last year. So he could be courting someone and we don’t even know it. 

• Upvote 5

Carver flipped a house in AL. I’m thinking maybe the Bowers family is still in AL. Or at least not that far away. 

E6BEE91E-D220-4E3F-831C-63BA2A17F8A5.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

When Denver and Praise went to visit the Bonts in Mexico, they also brought the Helferich parents and the youngest Helferich boy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

The Bonts were doing some Q&A on Ig, they must be bored.

One question was "when will you be back in Canada for shows?" The reply was "when you dont have a vaccine mandate" so that confirmed their stance.

Shame Liz doesnt get a chance to drive the bus, but with being a girl an all..

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 4

2 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

The Bonts were doing some Q&A on Ig, they must be bored.

One question was "when will you be back in Canada for shows?" The reply was "when you dont have a vaccine mandate" so that confirmed their stance.

Shame Liz doesnt get a chance to drive the bus, but with being a girl an all..

She’s 18 and her 16 year old brother can drive the bus. The Bons are so sexist it drives me crazy. I hope Liz marries into a less sexist family but I think it’s pretty likely she will marry into a family just as sexist as hers. Oddly enough, Chelsy married into a slightly less sexist family. The Bons are so sexist, the Maxwells are less sexist in comparison. Let’s just hope she doesn’t marry a Bowers, Helferich, or Duggar. Because there are single males in each of those families. 

• Upvote 12

When I looked on their Instagram I couldn’t see the line about the vaccine mandate because it was covered with a sticker from insta that led to a page about vaccine information from the CDC. 😆

10 grandkids 10 and under doesn’t sound like a family to me, it sounds like a daycare. Good thing they mostly don’t all live on the compound. I was amazed by the number until I remembered that Chelsy alone has 3 of those kids so it’s not that many when you take into account that half the kids are married now.

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

When I looked on their Instagram I couldn’t see the line about the vaccine mandate because it was covered with a sticker from insta that led to a page about vaccine information from the CDC. 😆

10 grandkids 10 and under doesn’t sound like a family to me, it sounds like a daycare. Good thing they mostly don’t all live on the compound. I was amazed by the number until I remembered that Chelsy alone has 3 of those kids so it’s not that many when you take into account that half the kids are married now.

I’m sure you meant 10 kids 3 and under. And yes, it does sound like a daycare. It’s not that surprising since they had 4 children marry in a span of a few month in 2017. Of those 4, 3 have two kids and 1 has 3. If they were Mortons, there would be more by now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver flipped a house in AL. I’m thinking maybe the Bowers family is still in AL. Or at least not that far away. 

E6BEE91E-D220-4E3F-831C-63BA2A17F8A5.jpeg

This house is neutral enough for a Bates daughter. But far too open plan for my taste!!  Here's the Zillow listing. Listed by a Chris Sasser at Outlaw Realty, in Andalusia, Alabama.  This house is over an hour away from where the Bowers lived in Troy, Alabama. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/45-Majors-St-McKenzie-AL-36456/96800004_zpid/?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This house is neutral enough for a Bates daughter. But far too open plan for my taste!!  Here's the Zillow listing. Listed by a Chris Sasser at Outlaw Realty, in Andalusia, Alabama.  This house is over an hour away from where the Bowers lived in Troy, Alabama. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/45-Majors-St-McKenzie-AL-36456/96800004_zpid/?

I think a lot of people tear down walls in small homes to make it seem bigger. When you actually aren’t gaining much more space. And what you lose is noise muffling, wall space, privacy, and defined spaces. I live in a small older home. Sure I could tear down some walls. But then when someone walks in my door, they could see my dirty ass kitchen. I know I could just thoroughly clean my kitchen every single day but I don’t feel like it 😛

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

I did a bit of snooping and it appears that the Bowers have moved about an hour south to Opp, Alabama (17132 Horn Hill Road). I haven't looked to see how much this house cost vs. their old one.

image.png.c2aad2149dcc51cf89982611d3056ae6.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I did a bit of snooping and it appears that the Bowers have moved about an hour south to Opp, Alabama (17132 Horn Hill Road). I haven't looked to see how much this house cost vs. their old one.

image.png.c2aad2149dcc51cf89982611d3056ae6.png

Wow. They were able to buy a new home without selling the old one. They must have money in the bank then. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm sure it's a support beam, but that brown beam in the middle of the floor would drive me bonkers!!😅

I'm not a fan of open floor plans either. I would want everything to be in it's place ALL THE TIME, which isn't possible in real life. I don't mind some semi-open plans, for example living and (formal) dining area. We live in an old house and I like that we have French doors to close off some areas if need be.  And I agree with the no defined space issue, especially since the pandemic started and I'm now working from home full-time, while my husband is retired so he's also home full-time. 

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 8

The Bontragers are performing tonight at David Waller's Fairpark Baptist Church in Fort Worth.

I bet they suit the congregation better than the Rods did.

I think the Rods bombed when they went there and will definitely not be asked back ( big mistake on your part David, not to realise the Rodrigues family are not classy enough for Fort Worth ) 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

The Bontragers are performing tonight at David Waller's Fairpark Baptist Church in Fort Worth.

I bet they suit the congregation better than the Rods did.

I think the Rods bombed when they went there and will definitely not be asked back ( big mistake on your part David, not to realise the Rodrigues family are not classy enough for Fort Worth ) 

Unfortunately the Bontragers aren’t as good as they used to be. I’m not shit talking the younger kids. They are doing well for their age. But they used to have 5 adults plus some teens playing and singing. Now they have 4 kids 20, 18, 16, and 14. This is the smallest and youngest this group has ever been. Even Joe isn’t there to help. I know they are better than the Rods, but they aren’t as good as they used to be due to their push to marry them off quickly. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately the Bontragers aren’t as good as they used to be. I’m not shit talking the younger kids. They are doing well for their age. But they used to have 5 adults plus some teens playing and singing. Now they have 4 kids 20, 18, 16, and 14. This is the smallest and youngest this group has ever been. Even Joe isn’t there to help. I know they are better than the Rods, but they aren’t as good as they used to be due to their push to marry them off quickly. 

I'm kind of surprised Denver and Praise didn't stick around longer. Guess Denver's needed in anticipation of Spring springing on the farm.

• Upvote 4

My curiosity got the better of me, and I listened to one of Curtis Bowers' podcasts. Specifically, I listened to the 22/01/2021 episode of Faith, Family and Freedom called "False flag events, censorship and misinformation".

I may have discovered what Joshua Bontrager has been up to, although I'm not certain of that. Also, Curtis is a smug, paranoid lunatic and that was an hour of my life I'm never getting back. I've paraphrased as best I can, but mostly he's just spewing Q-nonsense

Section 1: False flags

Spoiler

Curtis is talking to someone who is never introduced (later on he's called Joshua, and I strongly suspect this may be one of the Bont boys).

What is a false flag? Explains a little about the history of them but you need to beware because you’re going to see more and more in your country. It’s all about gaining ground and gaining control and taking huge steps forward (but only done by ‘them’, not by his side). Apparently he’s never heard of Mitch McConnell and the assholes on the SC because the left control all the levers of power.

Recent false flag events include accusing Trump of collusion with Russia when really Hillary and nukular and millions of dollars all real. For some reason, now he’s going on about Stalin in the 30’s because that’s a super relevant example.

Potential future false flag is coming up being sounded out by the DoJ – suicide aircraft, snipers, riots etc. None of his conservative contacts in multiple states have heard any rumours of this stuff happening therefore it must all be false flags. Personally, if he’s in the kind of circles where plans of riots and suicide aircraft are being talked about, then he’s a menace to society.

Can one of these right-wing clowns, including Curtis, please tell me who ‘they’ are? Because apparently they’ve succeeded in EVERYTHING except taking away the gunz. And they are evil enough to try and take the gunz from law-abiding folks who just want to defend themselves against felons who can’t have gunz but don’t care about the law and have them anyway. 

Like Alex Jones, Curtis has read too much of their stuff to have any doubt about how evil ‘they’ are and ‘they’ will do anything to take the gunz. Apparently, Curtis’s dad has lived through over 150 million people worldwide being slaughtered by their own governments for speaking truth or sharing their opinions.

Section 2: January 6th

Spoiler

The unknown second person speaks again now bringing up January 6th. More stuff about freedom of speech and taking the gunz away and then we’re back to comparisons with Hitler, because of course we are. Curtis thinks a million peaceful patriots were infiltrated by violent opposition to make trouble. 

Curtis calls the unnamed second person ‘Joshua’ at about minute 16 and then a few more times.

Mostly this section can be summed up as Curtis being a smug asshole and complaining about how he’s being deprived of the right to use the ‘n’ word on Facebook and Twitter. 

37 cities were being burned to the ground by BLM but that was okay by them. Then Cuba gets dragged into this somehow. Curtis sees this time as an opportunity to break the social media monopolies with new players (which I also don’t think is a bad thing) but then goes on to hold up Scamaritan Ministries as an example of how this can be done so he can bite me on that one. He says we need to get out of their system as we are funding them to do something unspecified but terrible.

The irony meter explodes as he talks about how it’s absolutely necessary to only talk about the truth otherwise no-one will believe you and you have to be super careful to be someone who only speaks the truth.

Section 3: Where are the 10 best states to move to if you're a God-fearing, gun-toting patriot?

Spoiler

According to Curtis, the only thing holding back tyranny in so many countries in the world is the fact that America exists. If ‘Murica collapses into a radical leftist communist dictatorship, there’s nowhere to go.

His considerations were: how pro-life are they? Are the states Rep or Dem? Gunz/consititutional carry laws? Homeschool laws? Vaccination laws?

First place: Idaho and Oklahoma

Second place: Alabama and Arkansas 

Runners up: North and South Dakota, Tennessee, Wyoming, West Virginia and Kentucky.

Kentucky – only place Kentucky fell down is because of the law against spanking children which Curtis finds objectionable. If you can’t beat your children what kind of parent are you?? “Spanking is not child abuse”, his words not mine.

West Virginia – this state falls down a bit because of their stance on vaccinations plus there’s a lot of poverty. I’m not entirely certain what Curtis’s objection to the level of poverty is. 

He then went through Geoff Botkin’s list of 7 things to consider when you think of moving: quality of local churches, water, culture of agricultural communities, crime and poverty, character of local govt, zoning laws, talk to the neighbours before you buy a property. Discouraging people from becoming cogs in the system. Encourage children to work off the grid and build local communities. 

tl:dnr

I say again, Curtis is a paranoid lunatic.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

17 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I’m not entirely certain what Curtis’s objection to the level of poverty is. 

Especially since his top-ranked states are Idaho, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama. (Does he have something against Mississippi and Georgia? (Other than Georgia swinging blue in 2020, which we are unlikely to see again in our lifetimes)

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

My curiosity got the better of me, and I listened to one of Curtis Bowers' podcasts. Specifically, I listened to the 22/01/2021 episode of Faith, Family and Freedom called "False flag events, censorship and misinformation".

I may have discovered what Joshua Bontrager has been up to, although I'm not certain of that. Also, Curtis is a smug, paranoid lunatic and that was an hour of my life I'm never getting back. I've paraphrased as best I can, but mostly he's just spewing Q-nonsense

Section 1: False flags

Hide contents

Curtis is talking to someone who is never introduced (later on he's called Joshua, and I strongly suspect this may be one of the Bont boys).

What is a false flag? Explains a little about the history of them but you need to beware because you’re going to see more and more in your country. It’s all about gaining ground and gaining control and taking huge steps forward (but only done by ‘them’, not by his side). Apparently he’s never heard of Mitch McConnell and the assholes on the SC because the left control all the levers of power.

Recent false flag events include accusing Trump of collusion with Russia when really Hillary and nukular and millions of dollars all real. For some reason, now he’s going on about Stalin in the 30’s because that’s a super relevant example.

Potential future false flag is coming up being sounded out by the DoJ – suicide aircraft, snipers, riots etc. None of his conservative contacts in multiple states have heard any rumours of this stuff happening therefore it must all be false flags. Personally, if he’s in the kind of circles where plans of riots and suicide aircraft are being talked about, then he’s a menace to society.

Can one of these right-wing clowns, including Curtis, please tell me who ‘they’ are? Because apparently they’ve succeeded in EVERYTHING except taking away the gunz. And they are evil enough to try and take the gunz from law-abiding folks who just want to defend themselves against felons who can’t have gunz but don’t care about the law and have them anyway. 

Like Alex Jones, Curtis has read too much of their stuff to have any doubt about how evil ‘they’ are and ‘they’ will do anything to take the gunz. Apparently, Curtis’s dad has lived through over 150 million people worldwide being slaughtered by their own governments for speaking truth or sharing their opinions.

Section 2: January 6th

Hide contents

The unknown second person speaks again now bringing up January 6th. More stuff about freedom of speech and taking the gunz away and then we’re back to comparisons with Hitler, because of course we are. Curtis thinks a million peaceful patriots were infiltrated by violent opposition to make trouble. 

Curtis calls the unnamed second person ‘Joshua’ at about minute 16 and then a few more times.

Mostly this section can be summed up as Curtis being a smug asshole and complaining about how he’s being deprived of the right to use the ‘n’ word on Facebook and Twitter. 

37 cities were being burned to the ground by BLM but that was okay by them. Then Cuba gets dragged into this somehow. Curtis sees this time as an opportunity to break the social media monopolies with new players (which I also don’t think is a bad thing) but then goes on to hold up Scamaritan Ministries as an example of how this can be done so he can bite me on that one. He says we need to get out of their system as we are funding them to do something unspecified but terrible.

The irony meter explodes as he talks about how it’s absolutely necessary to only talk about the truth otherwise no-one will believe you and you have to be super careful to be someone who only speaks the truth.

Section 3: Where are the 10 best states to move to if you're a God-fearing, gun-toting patriot?

Hide contents

According to Curtis, the only thing holding back tyranny in so many countries in the world is the fact that America exists. If ‘Murica collapses into a radical leftist communist dictatorship, there’s nowhere to go.

His considerations were: how pro-life are they? Are the states Rep or Dem? Gunz/consititutional carry laws? Homeschool laws? Vaccination laws?

First place: Idaho and Oklahoma

Second place: Alabama and Arkansas 

Runners up: North and South Dakota, Tennessee, Wyoming, West Virginia and Kentucky.

Kentucky – only place Kentucky fell down is because of the law against spanking children which Curtis finds objectionable. If you can’t beat your children what kind of parent are you?? “Spanking is not child abuse”, his words not mine.

West Virginia – this state falls down a bit because of their stance on vaccinations plus there’s a lot of poverty. I’m not entirely certain what Curtis’s objection to the level of poverty is. 

He then went through Geoff Botkin’s list of 7 things to consider when you think of moving: quality of local churches, water, culture of agricultural communities, crime and poverty, character of local govt, zoning laws, talk to the neighbours before you buy a property. Discouraging people from becoming cogs in the system. Encourage children to work off the grid and build local communities. 

tl:dnr

I say again, Curtis is a paranoid lunatic.

Yes, Josh has joined him before on his podcast so it’s likely him. What’s funny is that I really don’t mind when big fundie families up and move to really red states. I much prefer they are there and not in swing states thanks to the ridiculous electoral college. Leave the swing states in droves so they can go blue. Fine by me.

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic