IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

On 1/11/2022 at 1:06 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

In case anyone is feeling a bit warmer towards the Bontragers again lately, I recommend watching this again:

https://fb.watch/atengQEDC1/

It's the episode of gaycation that features the Bontragers (starting at about 12:25), and the look on Elliot Page's face as Becky, Marlin and Mitchell pontificate about LGBTQ issues always breaks my heart. I don't usually talk about good and evil in absolute terms, but Becky Bontrager is pure evil, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Sweet jebus thats disturbing. Im in UK and you just can't say things like that! The police will at your door for a hate crime! If a politician came out with things like that they'd be in court quick as you like! 

Edit: just wanted to add that I agree with our hate crime laws, no one should be able to say such derogatory things to or about anyone, or discriminate against anyone. 

Edited by IsmeWeatherwax
more words
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:19 AM, anachronistic said:

Wait how come I never got my Antifa shirt? I mean, I probably wouldn’t wear it because I don’t like shirts with writing on them but still. 

Didn't get my antifa uniform, didn't get my check from George Soros. I'm finished with that bunch!

NB: Curtis Carver deleted that instagram post. I don't follow him so I have no idea when. I am convinced that Josh knows what he did even if the FBI doesn't know yet.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4

they posted a blog post about Christmas. I've said this before but I'll say it again- while I detest everything they stand for I think I could keep my mouth shut and not disagree with them long enough to eat dinner at their house. Maybe...

• Upvote 4

wow that is a LoT of cinnamon, I am heavy handed when it comes to adding it to anything, but wow even thats a bit much for me 😂

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

wow that is a LoT of cinnamon, I am heavy handed when it comes to adding it to anything, but wow even thats a bit much for me 😂

Yup--I wanted to pick up the plate and shake it over the sink. 

So--no baby announcement from Denver and Praise yet, right?

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, ElizaB said:

they posted a blog post about Christmas. I've said this before but I'll say it again- while I detest everything they stand for I think I could keep my mouth shut and not disagree with them long enough to eat dinner at their house. Maybe...

I want to know where Carson's and Josh's families were for Christmas.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Doesn't appear that either Praise or Allison are pregnant. Allison I'm not completely surprised by, but I am by Praise. 

I'm guessing Carson and Josh took their families to the Bowerses. 

• Upvote 2

Chelsy stayed at home instead of going to Iowa for Christmas and I’m glad. The Boners couples were probably with Pa Prepper for Christmas. I would like to know where they moved to. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy stayed at home instead of going to Iowa for Christmas and I’m glad. The Boners couples were probably with Pa Prepper for Christmas. I would like to know where they moved to. 

Chelsy and John always seem to do Christmas with the Maxwell family. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Chelsy and John always seem to do Christmas with the Maxwell family. 

It makes sense when you have a new baby every year! 

• Upvote 3

On 1/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, anjulibai said:

Doesn't appear that either Praise or Allison are pregnant. Allison I'm not completely surprised by, but I am by Praise. 

Allison seems to be genuinely enjoying her baby, so I hope she doesn't get pregnant for a while. I think he is a honeymoon baby, so I was worried Allison was going to have Irish twins!

I'm surprised about Praise, too. I doubt they are using BC, but who knows. Not everybody is very fertile, so maybe they just need a bit more time. It is good they have some childless time, because they looked soooo in love in the wedding that I'm sure they are enjoying living together and truly knowing each other. 

Well, I think it is my first nice post about that horrid family. I promise it will be the one and only!

• Upvote 6

I know it’s pretty common for fundies to announce their losses. But I’m sure not all of them do. It’s so personal that I would t be surprised if some fundies who took longer than usual to get pregnant had a loss. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know it’s pretty common for fundies to announce their losses. But I’m sure not all of them do. It’s so personal that I would t be surprised if some fundies who took longer than usual to get pregnant had a loss. 

Suspect the Bontragers wouldn't broadcast pregnancy losses; they seem more cautious than other fundies about big announcements. Most losses occur in the first trimester so it would make sense to hold off saying anything until entering second trimester.  I wonder if Praise might have had an early loss vs. fertility difficulties.  Same for Bryn; it took her and Mitchell a while before Micah was born. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like the last 10 years or so people have been more open to announcing losses in general. There has been a big push to let people be open about losses to prevent others from feeling shame or at fault. 

Obviously, those who go through this should be free to do what works best for them and their own mental health. However, I feel like women being more open to share there experiences has really been helpful for many. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I feel like the last 10 years or so people have been more open to announcing losses in general. There has been a big push to let people be open about losses to prevent others from feeling shame or at fault. 

Obviously, those who go through this should be free to do what works best for them and their own mental health. However, I feel like women being more open to share there experiences has really been helpful for many. 

Oh I don’t disagree at all. People should do what’s best for them.  But I have noticed based on my own observations that fundies tend to be more open about it. My friends, family, and I have all been having babies in the last ten years and I do know quite a few had losses that they never talked about on fb. The only ones who announced a loss had already announced the pregnancy on FB. I have zero issue with announcing losses. But my guess is that among fundie culture, it’s more common to announce losses on social media. And I would guess it’s likely because fundies do believe an embryo is equal to a 10 year old child. I’m not putting anyone down for believing that. Even if I disagree I won’t tell them they can’t believe that. But it’s just my guess as to why they are more open about pregnancy loss. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

One of my friends had a loss back in the beginning of 2008. She doesn’t really talk about it. She kept her next 2 pregnancies private to point where when she announced the birth of her second child a bunch people didn’t realize she was expecting. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jana814 said:

One of my friends had a loss back in the beginning of 2008. She doesn’t really talk about it. She kept her next 2 pregnancies private to point where when she announced the birth of her second child a bunch people didn’t realize she was expecting. 

I can understand that too. It’s all personal and people should just do what’s most comfortable for them. 

• I Agree 3

Both Ma Bont and Ma Bowers have announced on their blogs when they've had a loss.

I was blessed/cursed with an excellent memory.

Ma Bont had a miscarriage either before or just after a tour, the church sent flowers, and Ma Bowers had 2 15ish week died in utero losses, they were buried on the Idaho farm and had more odd C names. 

• Thank You 4

21 minutes ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

Both Ma Bont and Ma Bowers have announced on their blogs when they've had a loss.

I was blessed/cursed with an excellent memory.

Ma Bont had a miscarriage either before or just after a tour, the church sent flowers, and Ma Bowers had 2 15ish week died in utero losses, they were buried on the Idaho farm and had more odd C names. 

I do remember Ma Bowers had 2 miscarriages and they were her last two pregnancies. I think they were Courage and Columbus. I always remind people that fundies in their 40s have higher rates of miscarriage (because that’s just how our bodies are made for some reason) and you can’t always predict how many a quiverful woman will have in her 40s. Most quiverful have 0-2 babies in their 40s. Very rarely does anyone have more than 2. I think Kelly Jo might be the only one I can think of right now. And she needed help to sustain those pregnancies. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Did Ma Bont have five miscarriages? For some reason I seem to remember that, but I'm not sure if it is accurate. 

Statistically, she would have around 3 or 4 miscarriages since she’s had 10 babies. I think they say one in 3 or 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. But I’m not sure how many she’s said she’s had. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Statistically, she would have around 3 or 4 miscarriages since she’s had 10 babies. I think they say one in 3 or 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. But I’m not sure how many she’s said she’s had. 

Eh, I don't think the number of healthy pregnancies can tell number of losses based on statistical proportions. My grandmother had 9 healthy pregancies and no miscarriages. My cousin had 7 health pregnancies and one loss. Personally, I have had 2 pregnancies and no losses. 

I'm not saying the statistic of 1 in 4 miscarriages is wrong, but I don't think it's useful when looking at any given woman's childbearing years. The statistic just says that it's common, given a large enough population, which includes a lot of different circumstances, ages, genetics, etc. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic