IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

I'm guessing that Josh and all the Bontrager/Bower conspiracy crowd have left the "mainstream" social media that they hate so much and are going most of their hate-spewing on  the cesspools of Gettr, Gab, etc.

Note that Missouri, where the Helferich Clan is hunkered down in now, doesn't make Curtis's top ten most friendly states for gun-toting theocratic white supremacists.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I remember Josh stating that after he heard Pa Bowers wittering shite at some talk, that he thought he'd make an excellent father in law. Luckily they had Cass to palm off on him. Josh is well and truly an Agenda believer 🙄  

• Upvote 8

The Bontragers are recommending this “internship.” They say Liz, Hudson, and Becca are doing it too. I’m pretty sure this group was formed by John Clay Burnett, his wife Sarah, and Sarah’s sisters. Sarah comes from the Ferraro family. The Ferraro girls have always been into music and not into politics too much. But in the last couple of years they’ve become fundie pick me girls when it comes to extreme right wing politics and just parrot whatever is said by their favorite far right commentators. It’s unfortunate the Bontrager girls are doing this ridiculous “internship.” It’s not an internship. They are just learning how to be extreme right wing jerk. I hope they don’t end up like some of the Ferraro girls. Some of them are pretty insufferable. Like their older brother Joshua Bontrager. 
Maria is the worst one. Here is her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themariamoment/

BC591DFF-C93B-499B-90AC-C2928DB7A77A.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

I had a google for the website but it just kept coming up with a Jacksonville newspaper, then I got scared in case it got flagged to the police so I stopped looking 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I can't stop rolling my eyes at a 2 hour a week student internship.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I can't stop rolling my eyes at a 2 hour a week student internship.

2 hour a week group zoom call 🙄

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Sarah and John-Clay Burnett were at the Insurrection. Birds of a feather...

They definitely were. I’m not sure if any of the others in her family went. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. 

• Upvote 5

I'm kind of tempted to join the "internship" program as a liberal participant. Learn how to help Democratic candidates, make my red state more pro-choice, raise taxes on the wealthy, add more state subsidies for college tuition... Thanks for the idea, Bontragers!

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm kind of tempted to join the "internship" program as a liberal participant. Learn how to help Democratic candidates, make my red state more pro-choice, raise taxes on the wealthy, add more state subsidies for college tuition... Thanks for the idea, Bontragers!

Ah please do!! 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, indianabones said:

In true fundy grifting style, they probably make you pay for your internship "credits" 😀

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I'll buy that she means some of the wonky substitutes may not be as healthy as just avoiding those ingredients altogether, instead of thinking people with celiac should house a bucket of gluten.  But that's as generous as I'm willing to be, because she probably knows absolutely factual about non nutritive sweeteners, gluten free pastas, flax eggs, or soy milk.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Screenshot_20220223-221417_Instagram.thumb.jpg.936612384d219de7984faf2deaf2f4ca.jpgSaw this on one of Allison's Intagram stories last week.  WTF?😑

I mean, I don’t hate what she posted. The gluten free fad is ridiculous. If you have a gluten allergy/intolerance, then don’t eat it! But if you don’t have a gluten allergy, cutting it out won’t make any sort of difference in your health. And if you are diabetic, then sugar free stuff can be appropriate. But I don’t vilify sugar. I used to be vegan, but I don’t expect others to be. Basically people should probably eat the kinds of foods that their body responds well to and each person can eat completely differently from the next and there’s nothing wrong with that. Diets and fads are stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Screenshot_20220223-221417_Instagram.thumb.jpg.936612384d219de7984faf2deaf2f4ca.jpgSaw this on one of Allison's Intagram stories last week.  WTF?😑

I eat gluten, sugar, etc. I still think the phrasing of this is ridiculous. Some people eat all this stuff and are healthy and some people eat none of this stuff and are healthy. There's no inherent wisdom in eating these kinds of foods.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

This is hilarious because she used to push gluten-free, sugar-free recipes on her blog in her single days, like many good fundie maidens on the gut health fad. See here and here and here and here.

But now she's married to a carnivorous manly man who loves gravy on his white-flour biscuits and lots of corn syrup on his pancakes. So she changed her tune completely and peddling meat, sugar and fat as "innately wise". 🙄

What does that even mean? Some traditional societies are vegan (South India), some survive on basically 100% protein and fat (Inuits). The human body is incredibly resilient and adapts to diets that are essentially cultural and environmental.

She's just being arrogant and hypocritical, as always. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Will Mrs. Allison Helferich be appearing at the Iowa Young-Ladies-retreat-Pedicures-And-Hot-Chocolate-Bar to wax eloquently on the beauty of married life? Will the schedule just be every married Bontrager or Helferich lady, in turn, carrying on about how it was so worth it to wait until God brought them their perfect manly Best Friend?  With maybe a lecture about the wonders of essential oils thrown in for good measure?

image.thumb.png.32a8dc4fba9f6546700e51d661968f57.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

New blog post up on the Bontrager blog! They went to Mexico, and brought Pa Helferich. It's a "Random Life" in Mexico post. Mexico, I'm sorry. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

New blog post up on the Bontrager blog! They went to Mexico, and brought Pa Helferich. It's a "Random Life" in Mexico post. Mexico, I'm sorry. 

This is the Bontragers nod to saving Allison. They can't get her out of her crappy marriage and lackluster life, but they can at least get Pa Helferich out of her hair.

If we know Allison is miserable, they have to know that Allison is miserable, and as much as Marlin and Becky are questionable... You wonder how guilty they feel. While the Carson/Lina marriage is a joke, they seem happy enough and Lina isn't at all cut off from her family.

Allison was really isolated there for a bit.

It also seems like they've loosened up the policy on leave-and-cleave; Becky and Liz seem to go visit Chelsy often, and it also seems like Allison is starting to see her family more, at least more than she did when she and Jeremiah were in Minnesota. Hopefully it's because Jeremiah is breaking from the Helferich-borg.

The Bowers still are barely posting anything on social media as far as I can tell, but don't we think Josh is far closer to the Bowers now? Do we know if he and Cass moved down there?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

This is the Bontragers nod to saving Allison. They can't get her out of her crappy marriage and lackluster life, but they can at least get Pa Helferich out of her hair.

If we know Allison is miserable, they have to know that Allison is miserable, and as much as Marlin and Becky are questionable... You wonder how guilty they feel. While the Carson/Lina marriage is a joke, they seem happy enough and Lina isn't at all cut off from her family.

It also seems like they've loosened up the policy on leave-and-cleave; Becky and Liz seem to go visit Chelsy often, and it also seems like Allison is starting to see her family more, at least more than she did when she and Jeremiah were in Minnesota. Hopefully it's because Jeremiah is breaking from the Helferich-borg.

The Bowers still are barely posting anything on social media as far as I can tell, but don't we think Josh is far closer to the Bowers now? Do we know if he and Cass moved down there?

I doubt the Bontragers feel anything is wrong with Allison and Jeremiah. It's probably just that Pa Helerich is one of Marlin's new besties.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Carver Bowers is fairly active on social media. He occasionally features Josh and Carson's kids which makes me suspect both Bowers-Bontrager couples live with the Bowers now

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, ttej123 said:

Carver Bowers is fairly active on social media. He occasionally features Josh and Carson's kids which makes me suspect both Bowers-Bontrager couples live with the Bowers now

That’s how I get any Bowers info. 

I think Marlin and Pa Helferich are two peas in a pod. I bet he loved going with the Bons down to Mexico. I just hope they don’t try to push one of the younger Helferich boys at Liz. Two HelBont marriages are enough. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I just never understand how you can be missionaries to a country that is Christian to begin with. It is beyond belief. Also beyond arrogant. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I just never understand how you can be missionaries to a country that is Christian to begin with. It is beyond belief. Also beyond arrogant. 

I think they have other reasons. They act like it’s to glorify god but I think they like going down to Mexico and enjoying the lovely weather while it’s horribly cold in Iowa. They are snowbirds that pretend they travel to spread the word of god. They are also pretty social. They enjoy socializing with friends. My great grandparents loved to travel around the US in their RV after they retired. They went down south and enjoyed the weather. They would visit friends and family. The Bontragers are doing this all for themselves and their own pleasure. But they wouldn’t admit that. They would say they are doing this for god and any possible positives of the trip are not the primary reason. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic