IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

15 minutes ago, SisterCupcake said:

Yeesh! Chelsy (Bontrager) Maxwell has had quite the wild ride health-wise these past 9 months or so! The dental problems were the least of it, but I'm just going to be BEC here...who doesn't know you need to go to a dentist even if your teeth are healthy??

(Before you flame me, she writes that she didn't go "out of convenience," not because she couldn't afford it. Good Lord woman, get thee to a dentist!)

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2022/03/life-update-and-upcoming-surgery.html

ETA: Apparently it's being discussed in the Maxhell thread...

• Upvote 4

Wow I genuinely feel terrible for her. That's a lot to go through in a year for anyone, let alone a mom with 2 toddlers and a preemie. You can see how Bell's Palsy has affected her face in the pictures. Her heart surgery was today and I hope it all went smoothly. The Maxwells have had their fair share of scary health conditions, at least they know how to pull through in these times. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

The theory about Josh & Cassidy moving to Alabama seems to be true, as Josh is registered to vote there. Idk about Carson though, as he doesn’t seem to be, but he and Carolina are both listed as inactive in Iowa. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

They are both overdue for babies, I wonder if Cassidy or Carolina are pregnant. 

I would guess yes but since they’ve gone so quiet, we may not know for awhile. 

• Upvote 3

So of course both Chelsy and Allison moved hours away after marriage. That’s not surprising. However the fact that Josh and possibly Carson moved many states away is very interesting to me. The Bonts have jobs for their sons. Plenty of them. They could work on the farm or the inn. But Josh chose to leave and maybe even Carson did too. Will Denver stay or eventually leave too? His father in law seems to have a pretty tight grip on his kids. And Denver’s sister is already living in the Helferich family area. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denver moved to where the Helferiches are eventually. Which just leaves Mitch. He’s the only one who married a local girl. So they aren’t going anywhere. I wonder if the Bonts ever think about why sons of their kids are moving far away from them. Maybe because the Bonts seem to prioritize their traveling ministry over everything else in their lives. And living in Iowa doesn’t mean they will actually see much of their parents and younger siblings. Because they are constantly gone. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

I want to add, I don’t think Chelsy or John will move to Iowa anytime soon. They have much more support from John’s family than they would ever get from the Bontragers. 

• Upvote 11

On 3/31/2022 at 9:13 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to add, I don’t think Chelsy or John will move to Iowa anytime soon. They have much more support from John’s family than they would ever get from the Bontragers. 

I hope not. I don't know how much support they have with Anna and Mary gone. I think Marlin is a bad apple, but I am completely confused why his sons would leave with Curtis Bowers. What financial stability can the Bowers offer? Or the Helferiches? I think fundies just do what they want and don't worry about the future.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I hope not. I don't know how much support they have with Anna and Mary gone. I think Marlin is a bad apple, but I am completely confused why his sons would leave with Curtis Bowers. What financial stability can the Bowers offer? Or the Helferiches? I think fundies just do what they want and don't worry about the future.

Because the Bontragers are gone all the time. Why would you bother to stick around if your family is touring from Jan 1st to the middle of March and then leaving again for a shorter summer tour and then a fall tour. The Bowers used to tour but not anymore. Neither do the Maxwells. It makes sense.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because the Bontragers are gone all the time. Why would you bother to stick around if your family is touring from Jan 1st to the middle of March and then leaving again for a shorter summer tour and then a fall tour. The Bowers used to tour but not anymore. Neither do the Maxwells. It makes sense.

Because that's where the money is and the job is. Without a clear understanding of any financial benefits, it doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote 3

Though I think Chelsy has said she wants to move back to Iowa, I just can’t see that happening. Her husband’s work seems tied to where they live, and I just never got the sense that her husband wanted to move. For all my criticisms of the Maxwells, I think If Chelsy’s kids were old enough to homeschool, I really think Terri or a sister in law would have done a few days a week with the boys while Chelsy was/is sick. Terri isn’t going to just move in and help (like I would have) but she is committed to maintaining a homeschooling schedule.

I assume it’s obvious and I missed it, but what is Denver doing for work? I always wondered if the plan was for him to inherit the farm. If so, they may not be roped into the Helferich compound.

• Upvote 8

On 3/24/2022 at 8:55 PM, SisterCupcake said:

Yeesh! Chelsy (Bontrager) Maxwell has had quite the wild ride health-wise these past 9 months or so! The dental problems were the least of it, but I'm just going to be BEC here...who doesn't know you need to go to a dentist even if your teeth are healthy??

(Before you flame me, she writes that she didn't go "out of convenience," not because she couldn't afford it. Good Lord woman, get thee to a dentist!)

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2022/03/life-update-and-upcoming-surgery.html

Same reason people don't get mammograms, vaccinations or other preventive health measures: They "know" it because they hear it, but don't Internalize the truthfulness of what they hear.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Same reason people don't get mammograms, vaccinations or other preventive health measures: They "know" it because they hear it, but don't Internalize the truthfulness of what they hear.

I’m sure there’s also some amount of “I’m too special for this to happen to me” magical thinking, too. They know other people need this but not them. 

• Upvote 5

Is this new? Idk how, but the bowers somehow seem to do fairly well. That Carver apparently has over $100k just in his trucks. Not counting his house and who knows wtf in the bank. Wish I knew more 

14F5F3D4-94F6-47C9-A797-2906A8941C15.jpeg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3

13 minutes ago, Javasome said:

Is this new? Idk how, but the bowers somehow seem to do fairly well. That Carver apparently has over $100k just in his trucks. Not counting his house and who knows wtf in the bank. Wish I knew more 

14F5F3D4-94F6-47C9-A797-2906A8941C15.jpeg

He flips houses and sells music he makes. I can’t imagine that makes a ton. But who knows.

• Upvote 4

I've said this before but I believe the Bowers are very well-off. They both come from old money and probably made 7 figures from their Agenda documentaries alone. Very much the Conservative Southern old money type who rub shoulders with all the religious right politicians in the States they live in.

They're also the money savvy entrepreneur type. From their website "THE BOWERS HAVE BEEN OPERATING HOME-BASED BUSINESSES FOR OVER 25 YEARS. FROM SCREEN-PRINTING, VENDING MACHINES AND FONDUE RESTAURANTS TO REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, PASTURED POULTRY, ALFALFA FARMING AND A CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE" They make a solid 6 figure profit on every house they sell. Now I don't know how the sons are earning their money but but it's possible the parents have passed on some of their passive income businesses to them. That's why I was kind of surprised that they associated with the Bontragers who are land owners but live a much simpler lifestyle by comparison. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I've said this before but I believe the Bowers are very well-off. They both come from old money and probably made 7 figures from their Agenda documentaries alone. Very much the Conservative Southern old money type who rub shoulders with all the religious right politicians in the States they live in.

They're also the money savvy entrepreneur type. From their website "THE BOWERS HAVE BEEN OPERATING HOME-BASED BUSINESSES FOR OVER 25 YEARS. FROM SCREEN-PRINTING, VENDING MACHINES AND FONDUE RESTAURANTS TO REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, PASTURED POULTRY, ALFALFA FARMING AND A CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE" They make a solid 6 figure profit on every house they sell. Now I don't know how the sons are earning their money but but it's possible the parents have passed on some of their passive income businesses to them. That's why I was kind of surprised that they associated with the Bontragers who are land owners but live a much simpler lifestyle by comparison. 

They also seem to be selling their homes for a profit. The house they bought near the Bonts was sold at a profit and I believe the one in Alabama may sell for a profit eventually. 

• Upvote 2

I bet Carver Bowers looooves to bitch about gas prices and how much it costs to fill up his giant manly trucks.🙄

Anyone else surprised that Allison, Carolina and Cassidy haven't announced new blessings on the way yet this year?

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I bet Carver Bowers looooves to bitch about gas prices and how much it costs to fill up his giant manly trucks.🙄

Anyone else surprised that Allison, Carolina and Cassidy haven't announced new blessings on the way yet this year?

I think Lina and Cass are basically done with social media for the time being. I wouldn’t be surprised if those two are pregnant and not announcing. I’m guessing Allison will announce soon though. Along with Praise.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Lina and Cass are basically done with social media for the time being. I wouldn’t be surprised if those two are pregnant and not announcing. I’m guessing Allison will announce soon though. Along with Praise.

Still wondering why the elder Bontragers haven't mentioned Carson and Joshua on their blog.  Is it possible that both have moved close to the Bowers and that there may be some hard feelings over that?  I keep thinking Lina and Cass should be having baby #3 by now. The Bontragers always seem happy to announce more grandchildren.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Still wondering why the elder Bontragers haven't mentioned Carson and Joshua on their blog.  Is it possible that both have moved close to the Bowers and that there may be some hard feelings over that?  I keep thinking Lina and Cass should be having baby #3 by now. The Bontragers always seem happy to announce more grandchildren.  

I’m thinking they did move near the Bowers family. And I’m also thinking they ask not to be on the Bontrager social media. I do think the Bontragers would respect their privacy. Chelsy waited six weeks to announce her engagement because he brothers were in the spot light for their triple wedding weekend. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I'm curious as to what evidence there is that the Bowers are old money. I highly doubt they made 7 figures on their documentaries either. I still think they married into Bontragers for money.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic