IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 10: Where In the World Is Allison Bon-Diego??

nelliebelle1197

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

is that what the kids are calling it these days? "playing with my anaconda"?

I have this vivid image of Doug Phillips and his merry band of Manly Men, back in the days of Vision Forum holding an anaconda somewhere in the Amazon jungle. Please tell me I didn't dream that.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

On 4/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

But "official" ? Rather than being CarverBowersConstruction or something.

Regardless, still not as cringey as CharlieTheOilGuy :laughing-rolling:

This is "our" Charlie the oil guy in this volunteer firefighter pic from October, right? https://www.troymessenger.com/2021/10/29/goshen-firefighters-complete-volunteer-certification/ 

I'm surprised his family hasn't found him a godly maiden yet. Isn't he about 23 by now?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is "our" Charlie the oil guy in this volunteer firefighter pic from October, right? https://www.troymessenger.com/2021/10/29/goshen-firefighters-complete-volunteer-certification/ 

I'm surprised his family hasn't found him a godly maiden yet. Isn't he about 23 by now?

Yeah he’s old enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s had some relationships that led nowhere. Meaning I bet he’s tried, but failed so far. But I’m sure he will eventually find a fundie girl to marry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I have this vivid image of Doug Phillips and his merry band of Manly Men, back in the days of Vision Forum holding an anaconda somewhere in the Amazon jungle. Please tell me I didn't dream that.

I know they went on "a refreshingly vigorous, sometimes wet, sometimes sweaty, manly romp into a mysterious and unusual world" to look for anacondas. I don’t remember if they actually found one. I do remember that picture of Doug swinging on a vine, and that was bad enough. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

42 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I know they went on "a refreshingly vigorous, sometimes wet, sometimes sweaty, manly romp into a mysterious and unusual world" to look for anacondas. I don’t remember if they actually found one. I do remember that picture of Doug swinging on a vine, and that was bad enough. 

So much going on in this post that I can't even.

Doug. Doug of the Jungle.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

“My anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns hun!” 

That’s all that’s in my head right now thanks to this thread. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

They didn't find one in the wild that I remember (and I could totally be wrong; thankfully, VF is making a safe exit from  my brain and taking my memory of it with) but he did play with one. Anaconda comin' at ya' at about 2:37

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=559516698579401&_rdr

• Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They didn't find one in the wild that I remember (and I could totally be wrong; thankfully, VF is making a safe exit from  my brain and taking my memory of it with) but he did play with one. Anaconda comin' at ya' at about 2:37

If I understand that video correctly, they are at the Amazonian equivalent of a petting zoo, with Doug acting as narrator, sort of a fundamentalist Marlin Perkins. Appealing as the idea of cuddling a sloth is, those are wild animals and shouldn’t be treated as pets. Just imagine if that ocelot were a little bigger and decided it didn’t want to be petted any more. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, postscript said:

If I understand that video correctly, they are at the Amazonian equivalent of a petting zoo, with Doug acting as narrator, sort of a fundamentalist Marlin Perkins. Appealing as the idea of cuddling a sloth is, those are wild animals and shouldn’t be treated as pets. Just imagine if that ocelot were a little bigger and decided it didn’t want to be petted any more. 

I would pay good money to see an ocelot bite Doug’s butt cheek. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:52 PM, fundiefan said:

Thank you. I'm relieved that it's just a baby anaconda at a petting zoo. My mental image was of a row of sweaty  manly men holding a full-sized anaconda.

• Haha 2

Seems my thought of their "finish well" album was a goodbye to touring, was wrong. They're heading out on summer tour in a few days

• Upvote 3

Aren't they farmers?  How on earth do they go out touring in the middle of growing season?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Aren't they farmers?  How on earth do they go out touring in the middle of growing season?

They have always had people to work the farm. They work on the farm when they are home. But they’ve always had people who work on the farm while they are gone. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Their sons -  if any are left in Iowa - or any farm hand can handle the passive growing season. The real work is spring & fall - planting & harvesting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Actually, I spent half my childhood on a farm. Thanks.

I also said any of their sons - who grew up on a farm & know a thing or two - or a farm hand, again, who knows a thing or two - could handle the passive growing season. Nowhere did I say "anyone' can handle it. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11

9 hours ago, Notjean said:

ANYONE CAN HANDLE IT!?!  Says someone who knows nothing about owning and operating a dairy farm.  

You realise that the “handle it” was someone commenting on the fact that people who work on a CROP farm can handle the passive times of a CROP farm without a full team? It was the post AFTER that one that first mentioned DAIRY. And even dairy farmers aren’t on the farm 24/7/365 or my brother wouldn’t be in charge of the farm when his boss goes on holiday. 

You are being completely outraged about something that no ever said or insinuated in this thread.

• Upvote 9

And anyway the point isn’t that the Bonts are good or bad farmers, the point is that they are not good people.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

I'm kinda surprised to see Mrs. Bontrager holding public library books in this pic.

image.png.db2e9eeb14239b5de900f9bcffabeaf4.png

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm kinda surprised to see Mrs. Bontrager holding public library books in this pic.

image.png.db2e9eeb14239b5de900f9bcffabeaf4.png

I wonder if she forces her grandchildren to not be shy like she did with her children. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if she forces her grandchildren to not be shy like she did with her children. 

I have a feeling she does!  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic