Coconut Flan

My top guess for Jill is Gabriel. 

But some honorable mentions are:

Ezekiel

Nathaniel

Joel

Emmanuel

• Upvote 5

Someone mentioned on Reddit that Jill has commented that her children’s first initials would spell out Israel (Israel, Samuel, River so far) so this baby will have an A name.

Anyone else remember her saying that?

9 minutes ago, Radish said:

My guess for baby Dillard is Abram David or Abraham David.

I think Israel’s middle name is David-

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I came here to wow you all with my shrewd, insightful pick of Gabriel for the Dillards, but I see I’m already in good company with that one, lol. 

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Someone mentioned on Reddit that Jill has commented that her children’s first initials would spell out Israel (Israel, Samuel, River so far) so this baby will have an A name.

Anyone else remember her saying that?

Perhaps people just observed that the names Israel, Samuel, and River made up the first letters of Israel, and that speculation turned into people thinking it was real. That seems to happen a lot. It seems weird to me to have all the children spell out there firstborn’s name, but who knows. 

Axel would fit both themes, but it doesn’t seem very them. 

• Upvote 1

My guess for dillard #3 is. 

Abel David Dillard 

Edited by BritishBabycatcher
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think Israel’s middle name is David-

It is, and I doubt they will use it again. 

I'm going to guess it will be an A first name, likely with Richard as a middle name. 

11 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

I came here to wow you all with my shrewd, insightful pick of Gabriel for the Dillards, but I see I’m already in good company with that one, lol. 

Perhaps people just observed that the names Israel, Samuel, and River made up the first letters of Israel, and that speculation turned into people thinking it was real. That seems to happen a lot. It seems weird to me to have all the children spell out there firstborn’s name, but who knows. 

Axel would fit both themes, but it doesn’t seem very them. 

And maybe they would have never named a son River, but that name doesn’t seem them either. However, the Dillards have evolved and maybe over time their taste in names has too.

The spelling Israel thing seems weird, and also, it’s much too definite about having exactly five pregnancies. I know they’re using birth control, but that’s really an extreme departure from leaving it up to God.

• Upvote 2

Did Jill say that both Israel and Samuel would have been Selah if they were a girl?

Asking sincerely, I’ve been pondering. @SweetJuly you said a while back that you hoped that she didn’t choose a name like Levi or Asher (forgive me if I misremembered the exact names) because of cultural appropriation.

I was going to guess Jacob for Jill but then I remembered her comment about names with ‘el’ and I went back to read some names to find some with ‘el’ and I thought Elijah. I wondered which Torah names are okay for Christians to use? Names like Benjamin and Isaac are so popular that I don’t think people consider their history and I don’t know if this bothers Jewish people.

I genuinely hope my question isn’t offensive! I’m truly curious and happy to learn.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Did Jill say that both Israel and Samuel would have been Selah if they were a girl?

Asking sincerely, I’ve been pondering. @SweetJuly you said a while back that you hoped that she didn’t choose a name like Levi or Asher (forgive me if I misremembered the exact names) because of cultural appropriation.

I was going to guess Jacob for Jill but then I remembered her comment about names with ‘el’ and I went back to read some names to find some with ‘el’ and I thought Elijah. I wondered which Torah names are okay for Christians to use? Names like Benjamin and Isaac are so popular that I don’t think people consider their history and I don’t know if this bothers Jewish people.

I genuinely hope my question isn’t offensive! I’m truly curious and happy to learn.

All of the names you mentioned are in the Bible (Old Testament.) So while Hebrew in origin, (most Old Testament names are), the names themselves are just considered Biblical in nature.

For example, I have a relative who is named after a prophet of the Old Testament. 

Now, if say, a fundie were to use traditional Hebrew names or Yiddish names, that would definitely be cultural appropriation.

A lot of names in the Torah are also found in the Bible. So maybe that’s where it could be okay? If the name appears in both then can’t it be used by both?

But I could very well be wrong and way off base, and if so I am deeply sorry. It is not my intention to offend anyone. 

(Did I make any sense? Because I’ve managed to confuse myself here.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

The Old Testament is part of the scriptures for Christians, so any name within, like Asher or Levi, is surely okay. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Daniel Richard is my guess for Dillard #3.

Daniel is Derick’s brother’s name. I don’t think they will use his name.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I agree that it will probably be Gabriel Richard after Derrick’s dad. Even though Dan’s second son has the middle name Richard. Derrick and Dan use family names when naming their kids. Israel’s middle name is David and that is Dan’s middle name. Dan’s oldest son has the middle name Michael and that’s Derrick’s middle name. Therefore I don’t think it will be a big deal if they have a son with the middle name Richard like his first cousin.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that it will probably be Gabriel Richard after Derrick’s dad. Even though Dan’s second son has the middle name Richard. Derrick and Dan use family names when naming their kids. Israel’s middle name is David and that is Dan’s middle name. Dan’s oldest son has the middle name Michael and that’s Derrick’s middle name. Therefore I don’t think it will be a big deal if they have a son with the middle name Richard like his first cousin.

Me neither.  Everyone in my family shares a middle name with at least two other people.  I'm one of three grandchildren with the same middle name.  

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, ContrastingButtons said:

For Jill and Derek:

Girl

Isla Catherine or Nova Catherine 

Boy

Ezra Richard or Levi Richard 

Adding to my guess:

Asher, Ezra or Elijah Richard 

( I forgot Levi is Jackson Duggar’s middle name.)

Edited by ContrastingButtons
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ContrastingButtons said:

Adding to my guess:

Asher, Ezra or Elijah Richard 

( I forgot Levi is Jackson Duggar’s middle name.)

I don’t think sibling’s middle names are a constraint. Justin’s middle name is Samuel.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Will and Harry both named their daughters Diana. Nothing wrong with that she had two kids…. That’s why it would be hard to be pissed if Derrick used his dad’s name too. 

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Will and Harry both named their daughters Diana. Nothing wrong with that she had two kids…. That’s why it would be hard to be pissed if Derrick used his dad’s name too. 

The royal family always reuses middle names since they always have multiple. If you are going to give all your children 3 middle names, and there is only a fairly small set to choose from, there will be tons of overlap. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

They both used a variation of Elizabeth too.

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and Lilibet Diana.

I think Harry used Lilibet because

1) William had already used Elizabeth and Harry wanted his daughter’s name to standout but still make sure the Queen knew he was thinking of her.

2) She can go by the currently trendy Lili in her American schools.

On paper their full names look extremely similar, but I’m guessing at school and amongst friends the girls go by Charlotte Cambridge and Lili Windsor (or are they using Mountbatten-Windsor?) which look and sound very different.

• Upvote 3

The Royal family reuse family names super often.

One of Prince George’s middle names is Louis, and one of Prince Louis’ middle names is Charles. Another of Louis’ middle names is Arthur, which is Pippa’s son. Princess Charlotte, named for both Charles and Kate’s sister’s middle name, shares the middle Elizabeth name with many of her cousins.

Out of the Queen’s 12 female descendants, those with Elizabeth in their name are:

Anne, Zara, Beatrice, Louise, Isla, Charlotte, Lena and Sienna.

Three of the four of HM’s descendants without Elizabeth as a middle name have a sister with it, and then Lilibet is a different form of Elizabeth.

Coincidentally, it’s Kate’s middle name as well.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic