IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

I was kind of not talking about them as royals but more as a famous sib set with also with a dead parent. 
I love that Catherine got to use Elizabeth for her, her mum and the queen. Worked well. I always love when a plan comes together. Lol 

• Upvote 1

Charlotte is also Pippa's middle name, FYI. And her kids are Arthur Michael William and Grace Elizabeth Jane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Charlotte is also Pippa's middle name, FYI. And her kids are Arthur Michael William and Grace Elizabeth Jane. 

Oh that’s awesome. I didn’t know about Charlotte. That was fortuitous. A royal “approved” name being a family name. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh that’s awesome. I didn’t know about Charlotte. That was fortuitous. A royal “approved” name being a family name. 

A lot of those names will tend to repeat and overlap with the royal family in upper-middle class families (like the Middletons are), because there are only so many royal "approved" names to choose from. The Middletons are Michael Francis, Carole Elizabeth (Carole is also a form of Charlotte), Catherine Elizabeth, Philippa Charlotte, James William. 

They pretty much have the same names as the royal family itself, as if you want a timeless and upper class name, your options are somewhat limited. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:21 AM, adidas said:

Did Jill say that both Israel and Samuel would have been Selah if they were a girl?

Asking sincerely, I’ve been pondering. @SweetJuly you said a while back that you hoped that she didn’t choose a name like Levi or Asher (forgive me if I misremembered the exact names) because of cultural appropriation.

I was going to guess Jacob for Jill but then I remembered her comment about names with ‘el’ and I went back to read some names to find some with ‘el’ and I thought Elijah. I wondered which Torah names are okay for Christians to use? Names like Benjamin and Isaac are so popular that I don’t think people consider their history and I don’t know if this bothers Jewish people.

I genuinely hope my question isn’t offensive! I’m truly curious and happy to learn.

I’m not who you’re addressing, but I’m Jewish.

To me, names like Jacob and Benjamin have become so common that I really don’t see a problem with anyone using them. They are English names anyway, not Hebrew. Now if someone were to use the Hebrew names instead, Yaakov or Binyomin, and they weren’t Jewish, I personally would think that’s pretty odd. Even more so if they are using Hebrew names that aren’t even in the Bible, like Chaim or Leora. (And Selah isn’t even a name. If I didn’t know the context of why Jill would use it I’d think it’s a trendy made up name or an attempt to combine Sarah and Ella or something.) 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I guess Abel Richard for Dillard #3

I could also see them using Andrew as a middle name in honor of Jill’s favorite sibling buddy James, bc they sure as hell aren’t going to use the name James and have it be confused for a JB namesake. 

• Upvote 2

My guess for Dillard #3: Matthew Richard

I'm not convinced they're married to the "El" theme.

• Upvote 2

I am changing my middle name choice for the Derick and Jill. I did not do my research and originally guessed David which has already been used for Israel. My new guess is Abram/Abraham Michael.  Michael has been used by Anna and Josh, but I think they might still use it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Radish said:

I am changing my middle name choice for the Derick and Jill. I did not do my research and originally guessed David which has already been used for Israel. My new guess is Abram/Abraham Michael.  Michael has been used by Anna and Josh, but I think they might still use it.

Michael is also Derick’s middle name so it’s a good guess.

Derick’s nephew is Jaxon Michael which I find amusing.

Edited by JDuggs
Adding more
  • Haha 2

Surprise, surprise...not really!

Nurthan #2 is coming in November.

Girl: Naomi Ruth

Boy: Noah Edward

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

I need more weird bible n names for nurthan before I add my guess lol 

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I need more weird bible n names for nurthan before I add my guess lol 

Nebuchadnezzar was the first one that came to mind for me. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

I'll think she will use

Naomi Jillian for a girl....I hope she would use Norah though 

For a boy Nathaniel Michael or Neriah Michael. I hope for Nicholas Michael

• Upvote 2

Another one for Naomi Jillian or Naomi Jill for girl. 

for a Boy Noah Micheal.

• Upvote 1

I think it will be a trendy, non-Biblical name for a girl, and a Biblical name for a boy. Kind of like how Jill has done. Jill will definiely be the middle name for any first daughter. 

• I Agree 2

Nurthling no. 2 my guesses are:

Girl - Rebecca Jill or Nevaeh Suzette

Boy - Edward Michael or Nathaniel Timothy 

Or did they say they were doing an “N” theme for first names? Then obviously only my second guess for each sex would work.

• Upvote 1

For Nurthling #2

Boy: Noah Edward

Girl: Nova Jill 

I really wanted to put Serenity as a middle name for a girl, but I'm sure the first granddaughter will be named after Nurie's "wonderful mama" and Jill will act surprised and like she didn't know it was going to happen.

Edited by Netflix&Grading
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Nurthling no. 2 my guesses are:

Girl - Rebecca Jill or Nevaeh Suzette

Boy - Edward Michael or Nathaniel Timothy 

Or did they say they were doing an “N” theme for first names? Then obviously only my second guess for each sex would work.

Their going to Duggar route and using “N”.

Nurie and Nathan: 

Nevaeh Jill Keller 
Nova Christine Keller 
Naomi Grace Keller 

Noah Michael Keller 
Nicholas Edward Keller 
Noel Patrick Keller 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic