IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

I’m guessing Owen Forrest for CarVan. She’s said she likes Forrest for a boy before and her other boy names she listed had soft sounds like Owen does. Plus I can just see her squeeing over how cute it is that Owen and Evan sound so close to one another. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, LucilleJ said:

Thank you @Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing I didn't know Zsu has some kind of naming rule, I found some tame, like John, and some wild, like Boaz.

So I'm changing my guess for Zsu and PP: David Andrew or Obed Felix for a boy and I keep (for now) Lea Emme for a girl

Welcome!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oliver Knox for Carvan, called “Ollie Knox” to fit the syllable and cadence pattern of Layla Rae and Izzy Rue. 

Edited by Dominionatrix
  • Upvote 1

According to this article Hazel, Ivy, Evelyn, Evangeline, Grace, and Willow are all currently trendy to common names.

Isla has become rather popular and I wouldn’t  be surprised to see Katie, Carlin, Lauren, or Jinger use it soon.

Based off this list I can see Josie or Jessa going with a Sage, Eden, or Olive soon.
Emma and Olivia are finally plummeting in popularity so I expect Kendra to use them soon based on how her naming trends go.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Carvan - Knox Patrick. I honestly forget what names were on that dumb list they posted, but I remember they were overly trendy. I don't think they'll do the cutesy cadence of Layla Rae -- not masculine enough (gag). 

Jed and Katey - Parker Robert. I get the vibe (although really I have no evidence for it) that Katey's emotional development ceased when her dad brought them into fundamentalism... Parker was at its peak around then. I'm of the unpopular opinion that Jed won't do a Jr., but still honor himself in the middle.

Pecan - Danielle Grace. No explanation here, just a guess.

• Upvote 3

On 1/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, DalmatianCat said:

According to this article Hazel, Ivy, Evelyn, Evangeline, Grace, and Willow are all currently trendy to common names.

Isla has become rather popular and I wouldn’t  be surprised to see Katie, Carlin, Lauren, or Jinger use it soon.

Based off this list I can see Josie or Jessa going with a Sage, Eden, or Olive soon.
Emma and Olivia are finally plummeting in popularity so I expect Kendra to use them soon based on how her naming trends go.

Sage is probably right up Jessas alley but I wonder if she would use the name since the herb has new age and pagan connotations. 

Jedidiah and Katey prediction:

Jedidiah Kory Duggar  (Not technically a junior since they won't share middle names. Jed!'s middle name is Robert. Kory for Katey's dad.)

Kaden Robert Duggar and Elias Kory Duggar as alternative guesses

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Oliver Knox for Carvan, called “Ollie Knox” to fit the syllable and cadence pattern of Layla Rae and Izzy Rue. 

I find it interesting CarVan doesn't have a name picked out for their son yet. Didn't they choose Layla's name before even finding out the gender?

The Bates people are notorious for announcing names along with the gender. With this break in the pattern, I'm so thrown.

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, artdecades said:

Sage is probably right up Jessas alley but I wonder if she would use the name since the herb has new age and pagan connotations. 

good point, plus while it's a unisex name these days I don't know if it fits in with her girls' names somehow, and I don't think she's going botanical for the boys' names.

I do think that Olive is a great shout for her, since it has a sweet vintage vibe AND is plant-y, AND has biblical connotations. It's becoming a bit of a trendy Christian favourite.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

I find it interesting CarVan doesn't have a name picked out for their son yet. Didn't they choose Layla's name before even finding out the gender?

The Bates people are notorious for announcing names along with the gender. With this break in the pattern, I'm so thrown.

My guess is they can't agree on a boy's name. They not only announced Layla's name the second they announced gender, but they also set up an Instagram for her while she was still in utero (priorities, they've got 'em). The other Bates couples tend to announce names well before birth. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:
  Hide contents

266638313_340911660899142_5266790426366153520_n.jpg.81ddcecbdf96648c16520966d1a86d81.jpg

If you need a little help for your guesses.

With this I become an actual Bates. As in I have one kids first and another’s middle name! 😂

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:
  Hide contents

266638313_340911660899142_5266790426366153520_n.jpg.81ddcecbdf96648c16520966d1a86d81.jpg

If you need a little help for your guesses.

Right at the top it has A: Hux (which right away makes me think of General Armitage Hux from the Star Wars sequel trilogy). And I don’t know why, but that makes me very giddy.

Maybe it’s because I’m big Gingerpilot shipper and read fanfiction all the time?

#Gingerpilot for life!

Humorous Prediction: Jed/Kat name their little guy Jedi.  I crack myself up 🤪.

Actual guess: Noah Emmanuel 

Please, Please don’t Prediction: CarVan name their son Jefferson Davis

Actual guess for CarVan: Lincoln Gilbert

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

No correct guess for Paine #5, Finley Marie born 1/18/22. 

👏👏👏 to @JMO for the precise first and middle name prediction of Deborah Joy for Pecan 6 born a day later on 1/19/22, and a 🏅 to @Jatalie1996 for guessing the correct first name.

Anyone care to share any more guesses for Courtney's 12th "C" name?

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I'm taking waaaaay too much pride in guessing the right name, I feel like I need to buy a lotto ticket! I never guess anywhere near correctly for names. Lol

• Upvote 4

Deborah is definitely more traditional than Davia and Destiny. I’m named Debbie and hated being mistakenly called Deborah so kinda hated that name but I think it is the best of the three girls names. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic