IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, medimus said:

Not sure where to put this but thought tje baby namers might be interested in this currently 11 child strong family all with names with the same four letters: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/mum-dad-name-11-children-24595019.amp

The article words it a bit weirdly but sounds like they are expecting a 12th, their fifth boy.

The kids are called Alex, Axel, Xela, Lexa, Xael, Xeal, Exla, Leax, Xale, Elax, Alxe. 

Oh boy, poor kids. Particularly Leax... Hope none of the kids turn out to be dyslexic, because a lot of the names just feel like you're reading the same name over and over again. 

They have 4 X names, 3 A names, 2 of each E and L, so I am guessing an E or L name for their 12th. 

Exal is probably the best name, considering their options left: 

(Axle, Aexl, Aelx, Xlea, Xlae, Eaxl, Ealx, Exal, Elxa, Laex, Laxe, Lxae, Lxea) 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

The kids are called Alex, Axel, Xela, Lexa, Xael, Xeal, Exla, Leax, Xale, Elax, Alxe. 

Oh boy, poor kids. Particularly Leax... Hope none of the kids turn out to be dyslexic, because a lot of the names just feel like you're reading the same name over and over again. 

They have 4 X names, 3 A names, 2 of each E and L, so I am guessing an E or L name for their 12th. 

Exal is probably the best name, considering their options left: 

(Axle, Aexl, Aelx, Xlea, Xlae, Eaxl, Ealx, Exal, Elxa, Laex, Laxe, Lxae, Lxea) 

I agree Exal is probably the best one left. Somd of these work better in Dutch than they do in English (or sound more distinct from eachother anyway) and Axel is not an uncommon name in Belgium, but it is quite a feat.

12 minutes ago, medimus said:

I agree Exal is probably the best one left. Somd of these work better in Dutch than they do in English (or sound more distinct from eachother anyway) and Axel is not an uncommon name in Belgium, but it is quite a feat.

Do Xael and Xale sound different in Dutch? In my head they sound the same, but they could sound different in Dutch. 

• I Agree 2

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Do Xael and Xale sound different in Dutch? In my head they sound the same, but they could sound different in Dutch. 

As a American I would them Zale (Xale) and za-el (Xael). In Dutch, I believe the final -e is pronounced like a short a. Xal-ah and Xa-el.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As a American I would them Zale (Xale) and za-el (Xael). In Dutch, I believe the final -e is pronounced like a short a. Xal-ah and Xa-el.

So I would say ks-ah-luh for Xale and ks-ah-el in Dutch and Zale and Za el in English

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Yes, as above.

Edited by medimus
trying to figure out how to add the right quote; but can't
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

What the ever loving fuck? How does she not confuse her kids constantly? People who have kids with totally different names mix them up a lot, but using the same four letters for twelve kids is just barmy. The potential for typos…

There are a lot of bizarre people in this world, that’s for sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 7/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, anjulibai said:

John and Abby Dugger: John Lee or John Robert

Nurie and Nathan Keller: Noah Edward or Noah Timothy or Noah Patrick

Tori and Bobby Smith: Elizabeth Layne or Emma Jane. 

Well, I got the middle name right for Tori.

Looks like K names for boys and C first names with middles names that rhyme for girls. 

• Upvote 1

Katie & Travis Clark are expecting #1! Since it's only #1, there's no knowing if she'll go trendy, biblical, old-fashioned, etc. Just judging from how most of the other Bates grandkids have trendy names, I believe that's a safe assumption. 

Boy: Oliver James

Girl: Isla Grace

• Upvote 3

My Pick for names:

Boys

Travis Jr.

Noah Anthony

Michael Travis

Cooper James

Girls

Kyleigh Rose

Bryliegh Renee

Madison Lee

• Upvote 1

Katie:

Jamison Michael or Jamison Charles

Harper Jane or Harper Grace

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

Adding in a new batch of guesses:

Nurie and Nathan: Noah or Nazareth. Middle name Michael, Timothy, or Patrick.

JD and Abbie: following the pattern for Gracie’s name, it’ll be David with either Haskell or Robert as the middle name.

Katie and Travis: She’ll probably have similar taste to Carlin; I’m guessing Mila or Piper for a girl. Middle name Carla. Boy, I can see Travis wanting a Travis James Jr, they’ll call him James/Jimmy.

• Upvote 4

JD and Abbie: Luke David. Short, sweet and religious. 

Nurie and Nathan: Nicolas Michael. Nicolas apparently means victory of the people, and I can see them putting a people won roe v spin on his name. 

Katie and Travis: Lucy Kate or Finn Travis. Who knows what direction they'll go in. I didn't see Truett coming so. 

Karissa Collins: I've thought this before but Amyryca Believe or Arrow Courage. I can also see her turning her kids name into a roe v wade celebration. Or more on theme with n:  Anoint/Aynoynt 

• Upvote 2

Just catching up after being on vacation for 2 weeks. Cambree Layne was born to Tori and Bobby Smith on August 2nd. Unsurprisingly no one guessed Cambree for a first name, though kudos to @anjulibai for guessing Layne for a middle name.  

• Upvote 6

On 7/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really don’t have any strong guesses for Esther and Jonathan Frazer’s twin boys. I’m sure it will be biblical. But that’s all I can really come up with. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if they matched. For example Luke and Levi. Or Samuel and Simon. 

I’m quoting myself because they are biblical of course, and they do match. Theodore Norman and Timothy Charles. 

• Upvote 2

Mandrae and Karissa Collins: 
Aunestee Cruz Collins
Adler Crew Collins
Arden Clay Collins

Aspyn Blayke Collins
Amytee Bryn Collins
Azaleah Bea Collins

John and Esther Shrader: 
Thalia Doris Shrader
Chloe Helena Shrader
Corinna Damaris Shrader  

Matthew Silas Shrader
Jonathan Samuel Shrader
Aaron Joel Shrader

Travis and Katie Clark: 
James Michael Clark
Oliver Amos Clark
Emmitt William Clark

Emery Grace Clark
Florence Ava Clark
Nova Leigh Clark

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 2

Katie and Travis girl:

Kinley Grace 

Ava Grace 

Grace definitely will be the middle name. 

Boy:

Travis Michael 

William Michael 

Some bizzare tryndy name none of us guess. 

Nurthan:

Zebediah Christian 

Naphtali Michael 

Ammiel Nathan

Torn on whether they're doing only N names but definitely some obscure Bible name. 

Jabbie:

John David Jr

Burnett James

John will be at least a middle name as its JD and Annie's fathers name. 

• Upvote 1

Allison Bontrager Helferich:

Moses Joseph, Matthew Jeremiah, Amos Lemuel

Martha Rose, Ruth Nicole, Naomi Eden

• Upvote 1

John and Abbie: Daniel John

Nurie and Nathan: Noah Michael

Allison and Jeremiah: Judah Jeremiah, or Chloe Nicole

Travis and Katie: Nora Grace or Leo James

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic