IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

Nurie & Nathan Keller

FN: Nahum, Nicodemus, or Noah MN: Michael 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

This is random, but thought you all would find it interesting and it's somewhat related to the threa. I recently started work as a school office secretary, doing a lot of maintaining records. 

I have come across so many sibling sets with names starting with the same letter. It's honestly really surprising to me. Before working here, I've only ever encountered one family IRL that did that. The rest I've only come across were fundies online. And non, none of these families are what I would characterize as fundie, or even with a ton of kids. Just average families. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, anjulibai said:

This is random, but thought you all would find it interesting and it's somewhat related to the threa. I recently started work as a school office secretary, doing a lot of maintaining records. 

I have come across so many sibling sets with names starting with the same letter. It's honestly really surprising to me. Before working here, I've only ever encountered one family IRL that did that. The rest I've only come across were fundies online. And non, none of these families are what I would characterize as fundie, or even with a ton of kids. Just average families. 

I come across it a lot in real life. My own mother did it to my sister and me. I have two cousins who named their children with a letter theme. One letter is E and the other family does the letter B. My kids have some friends at school with letter themes amongst their siblings. And it happens with twins constantly. Thinking of all the twins I knew growing up, here are some of their names: Mike/Mark, Michelle/Michael, Matt/Mike, Chris/Courtney, Justin/Jared. My distant cousins were identical and had almost the same first and middle names. I think I only grew up with one set of twins who didn’t have names with the same first letter. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, anjulibai said:

How big are the families? Almost everyone I know with kids has 2 so the same letter might just be a coincidence and/or name trends. I have friends with two kids that start with E but I think they just liked the names.

• Upvote 1

@JermajestyDuggar I wonder if it's a regional thing, because I didn't encounter it much growing up. 

A lot of the twins at the school do have similar names, especially with the same first letter, but it's not just twins. 

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea Two to four kids. A lot of the ones that are just 2 have not just same first letter, but similar sounding. Think of the Duggars with Joseph, Josiah and Josie. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

@JermajestyDuggar I wonder if it's a regional thing, because I didn't encounter it much growing up. 

A lot of the twins at the school do have similar names, especially with the same first letter, but it's not just twins. 

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea Two to four kids. A lot of the ones that are just 2 have not just same first letter, but similar sounding. Think of the Duggars with Joseph, Josiah and Josie. 

I think names could be really matchy back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. It was a trend I think. Not just the first letter but also rhyming names. People who had twins named Jerry and Terry or Ronald and Donald. I think the first letter thing is still a trend. But rhyming names don’t seem to be very popular anymore. But I do see a lot of names that all end with the same letter. Like Addison, Cameron, and Landon. People do like when their children’s names sound good together. 

• Upvote 2

Advice columnists Ann Landers and Dear Abby were twins. They hated each other. Their birth names? Esther Pauline and Pauline Esther. 

• Upvote 5

Nurie & Nathan-Noah Michael/Nolan Edward

Jill and Derrick- Asher Richard or Axel Richard 

John David and Abbie-John Charles "Charlie"

Nathan and Esther-Kylie Mae or Hunter Nathaniel 

Tori and Bobby-Eleanor Rose or Emma Kate

If we're guessing  names for Josiah and Lauren I'll go for Cooper Matthew/Chloe Faith and for Joe and Kendra-Everett Joseph/Kailee Faith

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Advice columnists Ann Landers and Dear Abby were twins. They hated each other. Their birth names? Esther Pauline and Pauline Esther. 

Polly Esther? Yeeek.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Polly Esther? Yeeek.

They went by Eppie and Popo. Which… isn’t any better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

John and Abbie: Theodore John David 

8/26 5:03 am 7 lbs 12 oz

Jill and Derick: Gabriel Forest 

7/26 2:10 PM 8 lbs 9 oz

tori and Bobby: 

Celeste Summer 

8/14 7:08 am 6 lbs 2 oz 

Nathan and nurie:

Noah Edward 

11/10 12:12 am 7 lbs 12 oz 

karissa and mandrae: Girl Anmen Blessing 2/2 6:06 pm 5 lbs 2 oz 

Esther and Nathan: Kenna Joy will be born on October 20th 3:55 am 7 lbs 7 oz

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Frederick Michael was born to Jill and Derick Dillard a couple of weeks early (and a couple of pounds shy) of our expectations. So many of us were focused on a first name containing 'el' that there were very few guesses for names not containing 'el'. Certainly no one guessed that they would add Fre to Derick to create Frederick.  @JMO was off by a week with a birth date guess of 7/14/22. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Frederick Michael was born to Jill and Derick Dillard a couple of weeks early (and a couple of pounds shy) of our expectations. So many of us were focused on a first name containing 'el' that there were very few guesses for names not containing 'el'. Certainly no one guessed that they would add Fre to Derick to create Frederick.  @JMO was off by a week with a birth date guess of 7/14/22. 

Did anyone guess Michael?

12 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Did anyone guess Michael?

@SassyPants Guessed Michael Richard. There were 5 guesses of Michael as a middle name. Richard was much more common.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

John and Abby Dugger: John Lee or John Robert

Nurie and Nathan Keller: Noah Edward or Noah Timothy or Noah Patrick

Tori and Bobby Smith: Elizabeth Layne or Emma Jane. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2022 at 9:58 PM, justmy2cents said:

OK, so I looked and not one person guessed Truett. No guesses for Oliver as a middle name, though @IReallyAmHopewell did guess it for a first name.  I know I'm reaching here but the name guess closest to the sound of Truett is Wyatt, guessed by @SorenaJ and @Radish. I just really want to give someone credit, lol. Here are your prizes. 🏅🍻👏

Truett for Truett Cathy founder of Chick fil et. Maybe they got free waffle fries for life for doing that?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Truett for Truett Cathy founder of Chick fil et. Maybe they got free waffle fries for life for doing that?

I suspect also because it sounds like Garrett (Michelle’s father’s name and the name of Joe’s oldest son).

• Upvote 1

I really don’t have any strong guesses for Esther and Jonathan Frazer’s twin boys. I’m sure it will be biblical. But that’s all I can really come up with. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if they matched. For example Luke and Levi. Or Samuel and Simon. 

11 hours ago, manda b said:

Nurie's baby could be Nimrod (j.k.) I am thinking Nathaniel.

I actually know two Nimrods, both Israeli. Pronounced like Neem-road. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, manda b said:

Nurie's baby could be Nimrod (j.k.) I am thinking Nathaniel.

I mean, most of us thought Nehemiah was a joke on the part of the pastor or whoever it was that leaked it before he was born. I wouldn't put Nimrod past them for even a moment.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Not sure where to put this but thought tje baby namers might be interested in this currently 11 child strong family all with names with the same four letters: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/mum-dad-name-11-children-24595019.amp

The article words it a bit weirdly but sounds like they are expecting a 12th, their fifth boy.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic