IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 4

Coconut Flan

For the Nurthans, I'll say Nicola Rose or Nicholas Power. Because the Word of God is powerful!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 8:50 AM, medimus said:

Apparently Spurgeon was once somewhat used as a name. In 1892 😄 https://namerology.com/2022/04/20/extreme-throwback-surnames/

I don't know where they get the data from, but they're wrong. Spurgeon didn't peak in 1892, it peaked in 1918 and 1919, both of which years saw 45 boys named Spurgeon (for comparison, 1892s had 12 Spurgeons). The 1910s was also the decade when Spurgeon was most popular, followed by 1920s. 

Here is a breakdown by decade**: 

1880s: 37
1890s: 69
1900s: 54  
1910s: 304
1920s: 303
1930s: 176
1940s: 167
1950s: 135
1960s: 78
1970s: 67
1980s: 30
1990s: 28
2000s: 23
2010s: 32

Spurgeon Seewald was born in 2015, less than 5 boys were named Spurgeon that year. In 2020, 8 boys were named Spurgeon. 

**SSA only shows the name if 5 or more was named the name in a given year, for the years with missing data due to less than 5 occurrences, I assumed that 2 were given the name, for consistency across the years, but there is no way of knowing how many were given the name those years. 

• Thank You 4

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Spurgeon Seewald was born in 2015, less than 5 boys were named Spurgeon that year. In 2020, 8 boys were named Spurgeon. 

I wonder if the tiny increase might be influenced by the Seewalds. The numbers are way too low to be have any significance but still an increase of 100%.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone here remember where they were when they heard the Seewalds’ pick of a name for their first born? I was in a cottage outside of Santiago, Chile. I’ll admit, I thought it was a joke! Didn’t they wait a week to reveal his name? Wonder if Jessa is more pissed today vs then? 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, SassyPants said:

Does anyone here remember where they were when they heard the Seewalds’ pick of a name for their first born? I was in a cottage outside of Santiago, Chile. I’ll admit, I thought it was a joke! Didn’t they wait a week to reveal his name? Wonder if Jessa is more pissed today vs then? 

I was sitting at my desk at home and instantly pitied the little fellow.  I figure the week was spent in debate over the name, and she lost, though by now I imagine she has gotten used to it.

I'm wondering what Jed and Katey will name their son.  Won't be surprised at all if it's Jed Jr. or Robert (his middle name). 

• Upvote 1

And the winning for Jed & Katey Duggar:

-Truett Oliver

Truett was way out of left field for me. Anyone for Oliver? 

17 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

And the winning for Jed & Katey Duggar:

-Truett Oliver

Truett was way out of left field for me. Anyone for Oliver? 

I don’t think so. Multiple people did guess Oliver for Carlin’s son. But he was out of left field like Truett. No one saw Zade coming and no one saw Truett coming. Oh and no one saw Madyson coming from Anna after the Ashley Madison scandal. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think so. Multiple people did guess Oliver for Carlin’s son. But he was out of left field like Truett. No one saw Zade coming and no one saw Truett coming. Oh and no one saw Madyson coming from Anna after the Ashley Madison scandal. 

I still honestly believe Maddyson was the most unexpected ever....

I mean most people assumed that name would be taboo but never guessed we would be wrong 

after that no name will surprise me 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

OK, so I looked and not one person guessed Truett. No guesses for Oliver as a middle name, though @IReallyAmHopewell did guess it for a first name.  I know I'm reaching here but the name guess closest to the sound of Truett is Wyatt, guessed by @SorenaJ and @Radish. I just really want to give someone credit, lol. Here are your prizes. 🏅🍻👏

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

On 5/6/2022 at 12:56 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I still honestly believe Maddyson was the most unexpected ever....

I mean most people assumed that name would be taboo but never guessed we would be wrong 

after that no name will surprise me 

I guessed Madyson as a joke, not expecting to actually be right. 

• I Agree 1

For Tori and Bobby

Clara Jane

Cecilia Rose

Celeste Eve 

• Upvote 4

Zsu Anderson: Leah Ruby, Tamar Grace, Noemi Lila

• Upvote 1

Tori: Sophia or Olivia

Abbie: Ethan John

Esther: Something trendy and awful. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Tori: Sophia or Olivia

Abbie: Ethan John

Esther: Something trendy and awful. 

I read this as Elton John and was very confused by your guess 😆

• Haha 13

Tori & Bobby: Camille Jade

Abbie & John: David Robert

Esther & Nathan: Audrey Joy (trendy and classy)/Kenneth Nathaniel (Nathan's actual name)

• Upvote 1

I haven't guessed for awhile, so here's a whole bunch:

Dillards: Ezekiel Richard

John and Abbie: David Clay

Nurthling #2: Nahum Michael or Naomi Jill

Tori and Bobby: Caitlin Sage

Esther and Nathan: Harlowe Leigh or Liam Cruz

• Upvote 6

I suck at these but here we go

nurthan: Noah for a boy or Naomi for a girl

Jabbie: David

Esther and Nathan: frankly no idea. I’ll go with    Something like Bayleigh for a girl and Clayton for a boy

Bori: Cora Leigh

• Upvote 3

John and Abbie- David John, John Robert (Robert John) or Robert David (I think they will use a family middle name) I think John will likely be the first or middle name.

Bobby and Tori- Caroline Jayne, Christine Jayne or Catherine Jayne (Jayne for GGM B and matches Layne and Raine)

Dillards- Michael Richard- since she is estranged and the baby will be a Dillard, I can see them reusing Michael.

I don’t know the other couples well enough to make any guesses.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic