IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

If she breastfeeds, it may be difficult to leave such a little baby, because at that age, they really eat often. Anyway, why not to choose a terrace restaurant? Aren't outdoors restaurants popular in Tennessee? I'm sure there are options. 

I don’t know what the weather has been like there for them but I’m a few hours southeast of them and it’s been incredibly hot and humid the last week or so. I’ve barely stepped foot outside my door because of how hot it is. They may have wanted someplace air conditioned and where Hazel didn’t overheat. I agree that if they’re unvaccinated then they’re really putting themselves at risk. They probably should’ve just sent Willow to whichever sister and gotten takeout and stayed home and had their date there. I can’t imagine that the places around them don’t do takeout dinners. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Here’s my BEC, I am always amazed when tiny, tiny ladies are continually photographed in front of HUGE platefuls of restaurant meals. This happens all the time with Josie and some of her sisters. If they really put that amount of food away, how do they stay so slim? I know they’re young, but damn. Those full breakfasts plus pancakes? That’s a daily allotment of calories in 1 meal- if you add all the sugary coffee milkshakes, again, damn!

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Here’s my BEC, I am always amazed when tiny, tiny ladies are continually photographed in front of HUGE platefuls of restaurant meals. This happens all the time with Josie and some of her sisters. If they really put that amount of food away, how do they stay so slim? I know they’re young, but damn. Those full breakfasts plus pancakes? That’s a daily allotment of calories in 1 meal- if you add all the sugary coffee milkshakes, again, damn!

When I was younger I was very thin and I always ate a lot and didn't exercise. Then I turned 35... Now I'm struggling because I need to lose weight but it's hard to change my unhealthy habits.

• Upvote 11

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They all work out a lot. Josie, Carlin, Alyssa, and Whitney have all posted at times about their workout routines- Alyssa does it the most; she's very into running.

Plus, Josie's breastfeeding.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe they only eat one meal a day, and veggies for the rest if they get hungry later? I occasionally eat all my calories in one meal, and just suffer later.  

Maybe they force themselves to throw up after, so they are good to go again?

Honestly the latter wouldn't surprise me. The Bates girls are ridiculously skinny. 

• Downvote 2
  • Love 1

Maybe they only eat half of the meal and take the rest home for leftovers. Or they eat it all and then don’t eat again until they feel hungry again. Both options seem much more likely than making themselves throw up tbh. (Also, I would really appreciate if we could refrain from assuming bulimic behaviour just because someone who is thinner than average is photographed in front of a large meal.)

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Maybe they only eat half of the meal and take the rest home for leftovers. Or they eat it all and then don’t eat again until they feel hungry again. Both options seem much more likely than making themselves throw up tbh. (Also, I would really appreciate if we could refrain from assuming bulimic behaviour just because someone who is thinner than average is photographed in front of a large meal.)

I think the thinness is deliberate, and since instagrammer is pretty much the only job they are allowed to have, I think more than average care goes into insuring that thinness, however it happens.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It is not unusual that young woman eat junk food/big meals and stay thin. Probably their other meals are light, plus the workout, plus chasing kids around... I'm not surprised they keep thin. In 10 years they will probably need to change habits, because age makes it difficult to stay slim.

• Upvote 9

Kelly Jo was also quite thin when she was younger. I wonder if the girls are extra cautious with their weigth because of that. When they get older and have had more pregnancies it might become harder to stay slim.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, OHFL2009 said:

They did a lime wash, which apparently is meant to be patchy like that. Every time I've seen it done on renovation shows it pretty much looks like Josie and Kelton's. I've always thought it looks awful, but I think they did achieve the look they were going for. 

Lime wash can be done nicely. It is still not my favorite finish but seems to be trendy lately. 

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/limewashed-brick/

Oh and to have the metabolism of my 20's again....

16 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Lime wash can be done nicely. It is still not my favorite finish but seems to be trendy lately. 

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/limewashed-brick/

Oh and to have the metabolism of my 20's again....

I guess there’s the upside to never having had  that kind of metabolism, when it slows, you’re used to it?

• Haha 7

Josie is breastfeeding. When I was nursing, I was burning calories like crazy because I produced a lot of milk and that meant I ate a ton. 

• Upvote 9

Given what we saw and have been told about how these girls grew up in the days before any television shows, it is no wonder they have an unhealthy or problematic issue with food. Zach, Lawson, and others have stated there were no seconds and sometimes not enough for each family member to get a full share of the food. 

My mother came from a large family (not 19) and has had this issue all her life. Her father wasn't always working and so there were days when there wasn't enough to eat. There were days when she was going to school that she took two pieces of bread with nothing between them so people didn't feel sorry for her. As an adult she doesn't waste any food. If she cooks it, someone better eat it. She will fill her plate at a restaurant - even if she just said she wasn't hungry. 

While we talk about how the girls seem to struggle learning to cook for just their small families or even cook at all, I think the way they grew up affected the way they see quantity as a luxury over quality. The same with Alyssa and fast food or Carlin and Starbucks. I remember one episode of the 19KAC where Gil told the children they didn't have to drink water and could have soda with their food that night because (not said) TLC was paying for the meal. No doubt they are enjoying those perks now. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Josie posted about spending the day in the ER, I am not sure if it is for her or Hazel. Katie had Willow and took her rolling skating with Gil's church. Josie is definitely going to miss Katie when she moves to New Jersey.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 8/5/2021 at 2:17 AM, Exchange Atheist said:

(Also, I would really appreciate if we could refrain from assuming bulimic behaviour just because someone who is thinner than average is photographed in front of a large meal.)

This! We don't know why they are so thin. Some women in their twenties are naturally thin with a high metabolism. I was accused of having an eating disorder in my twenties by obnoxious meddlers based in my weight alone.

I ate so much when I was exclusively breastfeeding. I was always hungry. It was one of my favorite parts of nursing. 

I almost always bring home at least half of my restaurant meal. 

There are so many other known toxic beliefs. We don't need to speculate about am eating disorder.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

52 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie posted about spending the day in the ER, I am not sure if it is for her or Hazel. Katie had Willow and took her rolling skating with Gil's church. Josie is definitely going to miss Katie when she moves to New Jersey.

While Josie will miss Katie once Katie moves, Addallee turns 16 less than 3 months later and will likely get her license pronto and will be used however her married siblings and KJ want.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I came here to see if she ever said why she was there.  Or if it was for her or the baby.  Enquiring minds want to  know.  

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

While Josie will miss Katie once Katie moves, Addallee turns 16 less than 3 months later and will likely get her license pronto and will be used however her married siblings and KJ want.

I have noticed they are already using Addalee as the baby minder when Katie is busy. Though as pointed out upthread, Addalee won't be able to help Josie in the same way as Katie when it comes to companionship and her baby blues. 

32 minutes ago, JMO said:

I came here to see if she ever said why she was there.  Or if it was for her or the baby.  Enquiring minds want to  know.  

According to her stories a combination of food poisoning, dehydration and low blood sugar. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 8/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I have noticed they are already using Addalee as the baby minder when Katie is busy. Though as pointed out upthread, Addalee won't be able to help Josie in the same way as Katie when it comes to companionship and her baby blues. 

According to her stories a combination of food poisoning, dehydration and low blood sugar. 

And didn’t she also say something about many nights of being up all night, and also saying something about having the “baby blues” in the recent past. Hope pink hued Wonder Boy had been helping out before all this BS-

• Upvote 2

Honestly, Josie has replaced Erin as the Bates sister I am the most worried about. I think I am even more worried about Josie, because I might be wrong, but I feel like Chad had more concern for Erin’s health than Kelton has for Josie’s (he seemed pretty cavalier in the Instagram story Talking about their next baby).

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

Honestly, Josie has replaced Erin as the Bates sister I am the most worried about. I think I am even more worried about Josie, because I might be wrong, but I feel like Chad had more concern for Erin’s health than Kelton has for Josie’s (he seemed pretty cavalier in the Instagram story Talking about their next baby).

And I feel like Erin’s fertility has been taken out of her hands. She can try and get pregnant but it is highly unlikely. Where as Josie most prob shouldn’t get pregnant but can. I don’t doubt that if Erin was in Josie’s position she would still be pumping out more babies. Erin just doesn’t really have the option too. Which is awful and great in some respects. Both from a non fundie view and a fundie view. Honestly I get the desire to have more children but I also get the “peace” that a “sign” gives that you can’t have more gives. For example I tried for a second it didn’t happen, I made my peace that I was only meant to have one and now I will never ask what could have been because I did actually try. I will always want another one but I am at peace that I have what I have. If that make Sense. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 16

So in the bringingupbates subreddit there is this person that clearly is an insider on Josie and Kelton, dont know if friend, family member or even kelton himself (the person only ever posts to defend Kelton lol). She has proven to have insider info when she mentioned the cause for Josie hospitalization before Josie herself had said anything. Anyway this person claims that Kelton is actually happy with the 2 girls and it is Josie who is baby obsessed and wants more. Obviously no need to say that this person is clearly biased but i think there must be some truth to it.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, llucie said:

So in the bringingupbates subreddit there is this person that clearly is an insider on Josie and Kelton, dont know if friend, family member or even kelton himself (the person only ever posts to defend Kelton lol). She has proven to have insider info when she mentioned the cause for Josie hospitalization before Josie herself had said anything. Anyway this person claims that Kelton is actually happy with the 2 girls and it is Josie who is baby obsessed and wants more. Obviously no need to say that this person is clearly biased but i think there must be some truth to it.

I don’t know, I feel Iike that must be a very biased source because watching that Instagram video it was Kelton who brought up next pregnancy, admitted he’d love a boy, talked about how they weren’t going to say their boys name because they were saving it. Watching that video, I came away with the huge impression that he wants more. I mean Josie has been clearly brainwashed to belief her role in life is to have as many children as possible and I am sure she will keep having them but I do not buy that Kelton is just doing what Josie wants. 

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

And I feel like Erin’s fertility has been taken out of her hands. She can try and get pregnant but it is highly unlikely. Where as Josie most prob shouldn’t get pregnant but can. I don’t doubt that if Erin was in Josie’s position she would still be pumping out more babies. Erin just doesn’t really have the option too. Which is awful and great in some respects. Both from a non fundie view and a fundie view. Honestly I get the desire to have more children but I also get the “peace” that a “sign” gives that you can’t have more gives. For example I tried for a second it didn’t happen, I made my peace that I was only meant to have one and now I will never ask what could have been because I did actually try. I will always want another one but I am at peace that I have what I have. If that make Sense. 

I agree, Erin might want more children but it is unlikely. Unfortunately for Josie, there doesn’t seem to be anything stopping her from getting pregnant, it is just dangerous. 

I had two rough pregnancies and chose to go for a third despite some side eye from family and friends. But in my defence, until my third, my pregnancies were unpleasant not dangerous. My third pregnancy was a different story and it was also my last. Having a fourth child would be extremely dangerous for me and the child. Three was already my number (although I was open to four), so it wasn’t devastating but it was definitely my sign that I was 100% done. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don’t know, I feel Iike that must be a very biased source because watching that Instagram video it was Kelton who brought up next pregnancy, admitted he’d love a boy, talked about how they weren’t going to say their boys name because they were saving it. Watching that video, I came away with the huge impression that he wants more. I mean Josie has been clearly brainwashed to belief her role in life is to have as many children as possible and I am sure she will keep having them but I do not buy that Kelton is just doing what Josie wants. 

I got the same impression watching that video, and in general Josie doesnt give the impression of being that into motherhood herself. But obviously you cant really know a person just by what they show on social media and Josie was raised to believe that motherhood is the most important goal in the life of a woman and her own mother had 19 kids, thats pretty high expectations!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I'm not a fan of Kelton - he reminds me of someone in my personal life. However, I will say he's d*mn*d if he does and d*mn*d if he doesn't in terms of Josie and future children. If he says he doesn't want more he seems unsupportive of her. If he says he wants more, it is seen as him putting her life in danger. If he says he doesn't want more and she does get pregnant by chance, then there are videos of him saying he doesn't want another child. 

Josie's been raised to believe her worth is tied to her fertility and ability to raise children. Part of her PPD issues could stem from that inkling in her mind that this could and probably should be their last child. It would be hard for most women, but especially in this cult, to have the realization that this could be it. No more children. But beyond that...no more special attention or appreciation from her own parents who only seem to show up for weddings and births. I'm sure there is a voice that says she should have savored this pregnancy more. But I hope there is also a voice that reminds her of how sick Hazel was at birth and how apparently there was a lot of worry the whole pregnancy. It is one thing to put yourself at risk (that sucks as it is), but to put your child through suffering is a rough decision. 

As I've shared, I had a hysterectomy some years ago. While at the time I wasn't planning on children or wanting children at that time, I hated that loss of control over that area of my life. People had questions and wanted to know if I was regretting not having children or had hoped to have kids someday. There wasn't a right answer to that. 

I hope that Kelton is supportive of Josie. I hope that together they make the decisions that need to be made. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic