IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

So Josie was asked on Instagram if the blood condition with Hazel will happen again and the answer is yes and will likely get worse. Kelton commented they will have at least one more and then see but might not have as many children as they hoped, which is a concerning answer. I mean, I know they grew up in a fertility cult and that they get their popularity from converstive christians and can’t say “hey, we plan on using birth control so no one dies” and maybe they are thinking it or maybe they are going to keep taking these risks, which is concerning. 

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I sometimes wonder if some of these fundies don’t understand  that you can wrap it up, have all the sex you want, and very likely NOT have a baby? Or better yet, sterilize yourself? 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably busy thinking about marrying a 16 year old ?

That still grosses me out so much and it is literally all I can see when I look at them.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I hope he does not exercise headship right to constant unprotected sex and expect her to deal with the physical and emotional fallout of pregnancy issues/loss. I don't expect much from him, even if he does love his 2 year old.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

They have not one one, but 2 children. No need to take risks to have more. Why? Another NICU? Are they really open to send more babies to a NICU or to have a permanent sick* one?  Josie in bedrest with wild Willow and baby Hazel? Who is going to help her? Oh I know, childtrainings will become harder and harder. 

Kelton should shut up. (Speculation now): probably he wants a boy. He's like a spoiled little child inside, and whatever he wants, he throws a tantrum to get it. After what happen to his mother, he should protect Josie. Uuugghhh I'm so angry. And I'm sure Bates are putting pressure on both of them to have another child or a couple more, making Josie feel a fail if only has 2.

*not sure if Josie's blood issue can affect the children for long or it is only at newborn stage. She sounded very worry during Hazel's pregnancy.

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Kelton should shut up. (Speculation now): probably he wants a boy.

Yup. That’s my theory as well. Gotta have a son and heir *barf*.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

I agree that they will probably stop after they have a boy but I wonder what they will do if they go down Alyssa's path of having 4 girls. Kelton had lost his own mother to issues around birth so you would think he is extra careful.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

It is very worrisome that she is talking about God doing miracles just after mentioning doctors have told them that it will get worse with each pregnancy for sure. It sounds to me they dont want to believe it. Kelton says they will see with the next one if it actually gets worse or not, but one would think that having a premature baby in the NICU it is already pretty bad, he is talking like he doesnt think what happened with Hazel was that big of a deal.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Kelton went to PCC with Bobby. Which is a fundie school. But I suppose you can learn basic writing skills at a fundie school.

PCC is nationally accredited with TRACS, which pretty much means its considered non-accredited. The engineering and nursing degrees are accredited with "real" accreditation bodies: "The baccalaureate and master’s degrees in nursing at Pensacola Christian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (ccneaccreditation.org). The baccalaureate degree in engineering at Pensacola Christian College is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (abet.org)." So one of my niblings who goes there might actually be able to get a job. The other will not.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

18 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

PCC is nationally accredited with TRACS, which pretty much means its considered non-accredited. The engineering and nursing degrees are accredited with "real" accreditation bodies: "The baccalaureate and master’s degrees in nursing at Pensacola Christian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (ccneaccreditation.org). The baccalaureate degree in engineering at Pensacola Christian College is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (abet.org)." So one of my niblings who goes there might actually be able to get a job. The other will not.

TRACS is pretty much pay to play. I could "apply" today as a college and get their accreditation. That doesn't mean much of anything with the Bates, especially those planning to hang a diploma on the wall and do nothing with it. Where it gets worrisome is if Tori wanted to go for licensing to teach or Bobby wanted to get his MBA from UT Knoxville. Their credits might not (probably wouldn't) be considered or transfer. 

Certain programs such as nursing, engineering, etc. do have separate accrediting bodies. Those groups look at the program itself and not the whole college. So long as the skills taught are the skills proclaimed to be necessary and the graduate can pass any and all post testing, they are fine. Overall accreditation is a harder thing for colleges to get and requires months and years of intensive interviews, documentation, site visits, progress reports, etc. Crown, PCC, etc. don't like going through all that because they get questioned on their classes that focus on discipleship, creationism, etc. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Josie was asked on Instagram if the blood condition with Hazel will happen again and the answer is yes and will likely get worse. Kelton commented they will have at least one more and then see but might not have as many children as they hoped, which is a concerning answer. I mean, I know they grew up in a fertility cult and that they get their popularity from converstive christians and can’t say “hey, we plan on using birth control so no one dies” and maybe they are thinking it or maybe they are going to keep taking these risks, which is concerning. 

This is awful. One more? If his much too young wife cannot have all these kids then why?

I guess the only positive to the Bates girls blood issues is that none of them will have 19 kids. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

And based on their own belief of “God determining all,” why don’t they connect the dots? Why aren’t they listening to and following God’s message? Why don’t they love and cherish women as much as the products of their wombs?

This p*sees me off-

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm going to be 38 next week. So I say this as someone "older" and unmarried. It fucking pisses me off when people talk about me in terms of marriage. I know I'm unmarried. I think I've realized that in the past 20 or so years since high school. I'm more than that. I'm not even sure marriage will happen. TBH I'm not even a feminist. I'm kinda moderate. So when birthdays come around and family starts giving speeches and they hope that the next one brings a husband and a baby, all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sob. Not because I'm missing out on those things but because every single other thing I've done in my life doesn't matter. No 2 year olds birthday post should include marriage. It's fuk'd up.

Sending love and also letting you know being a feminist does not come with any political affiliations, being defined by who you are and not your gender and/or sex and whether you're married or not is very feminist.

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone find it weird when people say "Thanks for making me a mom" or "Thanks for making me a dad"?  It's just so weird to me. I am the oldest child. I didn't choose to make my parents into parents. They chose to have a baby which made them be parents. It's not like my spirit was floating around looking for some folks to make into parents. It's just such a dumb thing to say. If my mom or dad ever said that to me I'd ask them if they'd lost their minds. 

• Upvote 22

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

Does anyone find it weird when people say "Thanks for making me a mom" or "Thanks for making me a dad"?  It's just so weird to me. I am the oldest child. I didn't choose to make my parents into parents. They chose to have a baby which made them be parents. It's not like my spirit was floating around looking for some folks to make into parents. It's just such a dumb thing to say. If my mom or dad ever said that to me I'd ask them if they'd lost their minds. 

No, I say it to my kids. I mean, I also had losses before my oldest, so he was the child that made me a mom, something I desperately wanted. 

i always say my oldest birthday’s child is kind of a birthday for me too, because it is the day I became a mother and my life changed forever. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

It is weird, but not nearly as weird as Jeremy Vuolo implied they were having a second girls so Felicity would have a sister. 

• Confused 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It is weird, but not nearly as weird as Jeremy Vuolo implied they were having a second girls so Felicity would have a sister. 

A lot of people want their kids to have siblings, especially same-gender siblings.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

A lot of people want their kids to have siblings, especially same-gender siblings.

I phrased it badly. Jeremy implied that it was they were having a second girl, because Felicity wanted a sister and she got to decide what the sex of the new baby was. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

7 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Does anyone find it weird when people say "Thanks for making me a mom" or "Thanks for making me a dad"?  

Yes, but then I also hate when people say "the day you were born was the best day of my life!"  I'd never say that to either of my kids because it would be thoroughly untrue!

• Upvote 7

The thing that really gets me is when people say so and so "became a father for the second time" or something like that. You become a parent with your first child and then you are always a parent.  It's like saying you became someone who has sex again because you did it with a second partner. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

I find it weird tbh. As an only child, I did not personally choose to be born into this family or any family. I know that it was hard for my parents to conceive but it wasn't MY doing. It's not like I ran to the front of the line and yelled pick me pick me.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Yes, but then I also hate when people say "the day you were born was the best day of my life!"  I'd never say that to either of my kids because it would be thoroughly untrue!

The day I became a mother was my happiest day ever. I doubt I'm the only one. It may be not true in your case, but when it is the real feeling, why not to say it? It's beautiful! 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The day I became a mother was my happiest day ever. I doubt I'm the only one. It may be not true in your case, but when it is the real feeling, why not to say it? It's beautiful! 

It was for me too! I'm not a fundie, but all I ever wanted was to be a mommy, so of course, infertility struggles.  So when I became pregnant, it was a huge surprise. The day she was born, was really the happiest day of my life!  There have been many happy days before and after, but becoming and being a mommy has been the best, for me.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I find it weird tbh. As an only child, I did not personally choose to be born into this family or any family. I know that it was hard for my parents to conceive but it wasn't MY doing. It's not like I ran to the front of the line and yelled pick me pick me.

I’ve never really thought it was weird.  Before Willow as born Kelton wasn’t a Dad.  Now he is a Dad.  Her birth made him a Dad.  I don’t think of it as the parent saying it like the child picks them to be parents. Also being a parent changes your perspective just like Kelton said in his post and he’s appreciative of that.  I don’t see is as he’s saying Willow picked him as a parent.  Just that he is a parent now and has this new perspective because of her.

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic