IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The day I became a mother was my happiest day ever. I doubt I'm the only one. It may be not true in your case, but when it is the real feeling, why not to say it? It's beautiful! 

I would say that the day I gave birth to my son was, up until that point, the happiest day of my life.  Because after that, there were even more highs (and lows) than before. First time he laughed, crawled, called me mama, and so on.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Josie made Kelton paint the exterior of their house white and while I totally understand what she was going for I think they missed the mark by a mile. It’s just….sloppy and sort of sad looking? It also makes everything else look dull and dirty. Or maybe that’s just me.

Spoiler

7C9559FA-9719-44FB-B62C-36E11693144C.thumb.png.bbdd4b3a1d1b24bf11688888dc2ceefa.png202E4715-F632-4F28-9887-8F078EF48E81.thumb.png.49815b7019ffab8a868285ffcf77f32b.png202E4715-F632-4F28-9887-8F078EF48E81.thumb.png.49815b7019ffab8a868285ffcf77f32b.png7E77B4B4-FD0E-4264-B195-4A700DC33EFD.thumb.png.4e80926fe8151476c4cb25012673751b.png136A21C5-A71B-4512-A392-0568178F531E.thumb.png.6e27735301792090f090cc2bfc534846.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I actually like it. My mom is actually looking to paint her brick house, so I screenahotted pictures for her and wrote down what they used. 

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Josie made Kelton paint the exterior of their house white and while I totally understand what she was going for I think they missed the mark by a mile. It’s just….sloppy and sort of sad looking? It also makes everything else look dull and dirty. Or maybe that’s just me.

Hide contents

7C9559FA-9719-44FB-B62C-36E11693144C.thumb.png.bbdd4b3a1d1b24bf11688888dc2ceefa.png202E4715-F632-4F28-9887-8F078EF48E81.thumb.png.49815b7019ffab8a868285ffcf77f32b.png202E4715-F632-4F28-9887-8F078EF48E81.thumb.png.49815b7019ffab8a868285ffcf77f32b.png7E77B4B4-FD0E-4264-B195-4A700DC33EFD.thumb.png.4e80926fe8151476c4cb25012673751b.png136A21C5-A71B-4512-A392-0568178F531E.thumb.png.6e27735301792090f090cc2bfc534846.png

Omg I was coming here to totally judge too. I’m glad I’m not the only one. It looks like shit. It looks like an undercoat and not finished. I don’t like it. Most probably because I don’t mind a bit of retro brick look and I think that colour Is just not sympathetic to the era of the house. You said what I was thinking way better than me. In true Aussie Krissy style I was gunna come Here and simply say, it’s fucked!  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think they need more paint coats. Or maybe they should have hired a professional painter. Painting indoors walls is one think, but painting exterior brick walls is another league. Kelton is handy, but he' s an electrician, not a painter.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

It's whitewash that they diluted more than most painters recommend. I also think it looks terrible, but I might be biased because I hate everything about Josie's decor style (I am a maximalist who loves bright colors and hates white/beige everything.)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

That was nice brick before. It’s not like it was shitty ugly mismatched brick they had to cover. It was nice looking red brick in good shape. Why paint it at all? Because that’s what Joanna Gaines would do? I hate when people paint nice brick. Now they have to keep painting it. They have locked themselves into years of maintenance for no reason. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was nice brick before. It’s not like it was shitty ugly mismatched brick they had to cover. It was nice looking red brick in good shape. Why paint it at all? Because that’s what Joanna Gaines would do? I hate when people paint nice brick. Now they have to keep painting it. They have locked themselves into years of maintenance for no reason. 

Because Josie is allergic to colours. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I actually get why they wanted to paint it because that brick was really ugly and kinda dated, but the result its not it. You can see the darker bricks still trought the paint and it makes it look dirty.

• Upvote 6

I kind of hate the term dated. Literally everything is dated unless it’s up to the moment trendy. A 100 year old Tudor style house is also dated. But nobody calls if that. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I kind of hate the term dated. Literally everything is dated unless it’s up to the moment trendy. A 100 year old Tudor style house is also dated. But nobody calls if that. 

I totally agree. And are we all really supposed to redo our houses every 10-15 years, because fashion? I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend that money on. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Is whitewashing usually so sloppy? Kelton has it all over the concrete steps and patio, all over the grass, all over the sidewalk, all over himself. What a mess.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Is whitewashing usually so sloppy? Kelton has it all over the concrete steps and patio, all over the grass, all over the sidewalk, all over himself. What a mess.

I’ve seen birds shit neater than that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26
  • Love 1

I like a whitewash when done well but this looks patchy and dirty. Definitely did not achieve the look they were going for. Maybe they will decide to add a few more coats soon. 

• Upvote 9

On 7/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I'm going to be 38 next week. So I say this as someone "older" and unmarried. It fucking pisses me off when people talk about me in terms of marriage. I know I'm unmarried. I think I've realized that in the past 20 or so years since high school. I'm more than that. I'm not even sure marriage will happen. TBH I'm not even a feminist. I'm kinda moderate. So when birthdays come around and family starts giving speeches and they hope that the next one brings a husband and a baby, all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sob. Not because I'm missing out on those things but because every single other thing I've done in my life doesn't matter. No 2 year olds birthday post should include marriage. It's fuk'd up.

My late grandmother always greeted me with “How’s your love life?” It was difficult to answer that question with “I’m not seeing anyone.” All of my education and many accomplishments meant little to her besides the fact I hadn’t found a man and reproduced. I would certainly have married if I’d found the right man (I found any number of wrong ones), but children were never part of my life plan. Now, in my late 50s and 17 years after her death, I’m happily single. It’s hard to let that attitude roll off you, but don’t let anyone pressure you into a relationship you don’t want. You are better off waiting for the right relationship or going without. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 10

34 minutes ago, postscript said:

My late grandmother always greeted me with “How’s your love life?” It was difficult to answer that question with “I’m not seeing anyone.” All of my education and many accomplishments meant little to her besides the fact I hadn’t found a man and reproduced. I would certainly have married if I’d found the right man (I found any number of wrong ones), but children were never part of my life plan. Now, in my late 50s and 17 years after her death, I’m happily single. It’s hard to let that attitude roll off you, but don’t let anyone pressure you into a relationship you don’t want. You are better off waiting for the right relationship or going without. 

The same thing happened to me all though the tween and teen years. I never once had a boyfriend until after I graduated high school. All my friends had gone out with at least one person. But not me. I never dated. And people often asked. It was embarrassing because I was tall and fat and it made me feel like I was even uglier because no one wanted to date me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 16

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

I like a whitewash when done well but this looks patchy and dirty. Definitely did not achieve the look they were going for. Maybe they will decide to add a few more coats soon. 

They did a lime wash, which apparently is meant to be patchy like that. Every time I've seen it done on renovation shows it pretty much looks like Josie and Kelton's. I've always thought it looks awful, but I think they did achieve the look they were going for. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

They did a lime wash, which apparently is meant to be patchy like that. Every time I've seen it done on renovation shows it pretty much looks like Josie and Kelton's. I've always thought it looks awful, but I think they did achieve the look they were going for. 

It’s like Jill Rod’s “distressing” of lovely antique furniture. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

Carlin actually said in the video that is was a sample dress.  So I’m not sure she bought it.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Because Josie is allergic to colours. 

new thread title.... ba ha ha ha better than something creepy about kelton protecting a two year old's purity....

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I totally agree. And are we all really supposed to redo our houses every 10-15 years, because fashion? I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend that money on. 

and my time.... in stinking hot summer too

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve seen birds shit neater than that. 

this is also in the running for me for a new thread title I lol at this one 

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Carlin actually said in the video that is was a sample dress.  So I’m not sure she bought it.

possibly , like when she showed katie and esther in wedding dresses but not the one they choose 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

On 8/1/2021 at 10:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well, the opposite would be classic, because certain things remain in style no matter what trends come and go. But there's few of them - white tshirts, a good blue denim in a basic cut (bootcut?), a well made piece of wood furniture, certain forms of architecture, etc. For houses, I always think classic materials are based on what is natural/traditional to the region. For instance in my city, Baltimore, brick rowhouses are classic, but ugly formstone that was trendy in the 1970s to hide the brick has become super dated. People either remove it or paint it, which is cheaper than removing it because you often have to refinish the brick underneath. The painting may end up being dated too at some point but it's just a bandaid. The brick though has proven itself to be versatile, sustainable, and survive wear and tear longterm, which also makes it classic.

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, freethemall said:

For instance in my city, Baltimore, brick rowhouses are classic, but ugly formstone that was trendy in the 1970s to hide the brick has become super dated. People either remove it or paint it, which is cheaper than removing it because you often have to refinish the brick underneath. The painting may end up being dated too at some point but it's just a bandaid. The brick though has proven itself to be versatile, sustainable, and survive wear and tear longterm, which also makes it classic.

Gah I hate formstone so much!!  

On 8/2/2021 at 7:38 AM, clueliss said:

My guess is they purchased from a website like JJ's House, where you have the option to buy a straight size, or pay extra to provide your measurements for which they will make your dress custom to fit you. This is what we did for my bridesmaids.

Josie's latest stories show her and Kelton on a dinner date at a restaurant with Hazel sleeping in a baby carrier.  I just can't imagine exposing a 1 month old to indoor dining with the delta variant running wild. And you know most of the people there probably aren't vaccinated.  And it's not like they don't have babysitters -- they clearly left Willow with someone. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Josie's latest stories show her and Kelton on a dinner date at a restaurant with Hazel sleeping in a baby carrier.  I just can't imagine exposing a 1 month old to indoor dining with the delta variant running wild. And you know most of the people there probably aren't vaccinated.  And it's not like they don't have babysitters -- they clearly left Willow with someone. 

If she breastfeeds, it may be difficult to leave such a little baby, because at that age, they really eat often. Anyway, why not to choose a terrace restaurant? Aren't outdoors restaurants popular in Tennessee? I'm sure there are options. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic