IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

Kelton is Not Hot to me because his Hitler Youth haircut gives me the heebie jeebies. Doesn’t matter shirt on or shirt off, if you’ve got a Nazi haircut it’s Officially Not Hot. 

but also, the double standard is infuriating. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I give his haircut a pass because I actually see it all the time in the very liberal city where I live. The high fade Hitler youth cut is just fashionable and popular right now, not a right wing thing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In the US parents are pretty focused on skin care and cancer prevention. I think THIS is he focus vs modesty-

The post I was answering said that little boys can go shirtless while girls cannot. I just said that it is not like that in other countries.

In the US parents are pretty focused on skin care and cancer prevention. I think THIS is he focus vs modesty-

The post I was answering said that little boys can go shirtless while girls cannot. I just said that it is not like that in other countries.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I feel like Spain and France (and maybe some other countries, those are just my experience) have more of a tradition of even grown women going topless at the beach so that probably plays into it. In the US it's pretty unusual to see school-age girls topless, even at the beach. There's an idea that girls and women should be wearing tops, breasts or no breasts. I think it may even be more of a gender norm for dress thing than a modesty thing, since there are lots of bikini tops that make a chest look sexier than just wearing nothing. So for me seeing a girl topless is similar to seeing a boy in a dress -- it happens but definitely not the norm. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 7/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

The issue wasn't about modesty, so I am not making the comparison of no shirt on Kelton to a shirtless female. My observation was in regards to the double standard of calling out body shaming for not meeting somebody else's ideas of what body types are attractive and what's ones are not.

You are obviously never in the Rodrigues threads where people talk about how bad Jill looks all the time. And @Melissa1977did not say anything about his body or shaming. She said he was not hot. He is not. Others said it was wrong he could laze around shirtless but his wife has to be modest. Still others pointed out that he looks like he is 15. You are the only one who brought up body types. A couple other people mentioned his “okay body” after YOU brought up body shaming. I am totally confused as to why you are digging in and putting words into people’s mouths.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Confession: 

Kelton looks very similar to my first love. So as a teen, I probably would have thought Kelton was handsome. But now as a 38 year old, I just see a kid. Kids can’t be “hot” to me. The fact that Kelton is in his 20s is still surprising when I look at him. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Confession: 

Kelton looks very similar to my first love. So as a teen, I probably would have thought Kelton was handsome. But now as a 38 year old, I just see a kid. Kids can’t be “hot” to me. The fact that Kelton is in his 20s is still surprising when I look at him. 

He is almost 30, isn't him?

12 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

He is almost 30, isn't him?

He's 26, was born in 1995.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

He's 26, was born in 1995.

I graduated from high school the year before he was born. I could be his mother. I need a drink. I hate thinking about the Bateses (and those around them) and their ages with the realization that I could essentially be Kelly Jo. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I graduated from high school the year before he was born. I could be his mother. I need a drink. I hate thinking about the Bateses (and those around them) and their ages with the realization that I could essentially be Kelly Jo. 

I'm a bit young for Kelton but I could be Josie's mom. So I could be a grandma! Or one of those pregnant-grandmas so popular in fundieland.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm a bit young for Kelton but I could be Josie's mom. So I could be a grandma! Or one of those pregnant-grandmas so popular in fundieland.

In the Fundie world, most of us here would be grandmas!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

18 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I’m 10 years older than the Bates and Duggar parents. My oldest is Zach and Josh’s age, and my youngest (2nd kid) is between the twins’ and Jill’s ages (M’s and Erin’s for Bates). I have have 1 granddaughter- very different lifestyles-

• Upvote 5

I'm a few months younger than Anna Duggar.

I have my first on the way, she her 7th. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 10

On 7/14/2021 at 5:03 AM, CarrotCake said:

It can go the other way too. Sarah Maxwell is a few months older than me and I’m married, with 2 kids, and a college degree. While she has to work only for her family and sleep in the same room as her sisters. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3

I realized recently that my mom was only 2 yrs older than I am when she became a grandma.  My kids are still young so I have many years before becoming a grandma.  It's crazy how life works sometimes.  But she wasn't a fundie, just a "good Catholic girl" in the 50's who married young and had kids spread out over several decades.  I have a niece born the same day as Anna and another born the same day as Jinger.  The striking differences in their lives always amazes me.  

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

I realized recently that my mom was only 2 yrs older than I am when she became a grandma.  My kids are still young so I have many years before becoming a grandma.  It's crazy how life works sometimes.  But she wasn't a fundie, just a "good Catholic girl" in the 50's who married young and had kids spread out over several decades.  I have a niece born the same day as Anna and another born the same day as Jinger.  The striking differences in their lives always amazes me.  

My parents were kind of youngish when they became grandparents. My mom was 47 and my dad was 49.5. I won’t be that young unless my kids are teen parents. They better not be! 

• Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, JMO said:

I am the oldest and had my kids when I was late 20s and early 30s. The brother closest in age had his kids in his  late 30s, and my other brother is nearly 10 years younger, and he had his kids in his late 20s, early 30s. So my nephews (yes, all boys except my daughter) are 25, 24, 24, 22 and 21. These boys’ lives are so different than the Duggars. My oldest nephew, who will be 26 (1995) in December is a college grad, works, lives with his GF who is applying to PA programs and works as phlebotomist. They own a home, have dogs etc. Joe Duggar was born in. 1995 and he has 3 kids and is dependent on his daddy. My nephew who is Kendra’s age is in his final year of college. It’s like they live in a different world. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I think Josie and Willow are both going to miss Katie when she moves to New Jersey and she's not around to help out. Especially since Josie has posted she has had "baby blues" this time around. 

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Josie and Willow are both going to miss Katie when she moves to New Jersey and she's not around to help out. Especially since Josie has posted she has had "baby blues" this time around. 

Addallee is going to be very busy.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, llucie said:

She is. They are already prepping her for it. She'll be the oldest unmarried sister right? At the Grand age of what, 15?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2021 at 2:03 AM, CarrotCake said:

Congratulations!! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy - how far along are you? :) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Congratulations!! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy - how far along are you? :) 

19 weeks now!

We just found out yesterday we are having a boy, so we can start picking out names ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 38

On 7/16/2021 at 1:24 AM, llucie said:

That poor girl will work hard for sure, but she can't do what Katie does for Josie. Josie and Katie era really close and while Katie helps with the children, I think that she is more a friend (AKA emotional support) for Josie. There is no replacement for that. I'm sorry to listen Josie has baby blues and I hope she has enough time to rest and Kelton understands her needs. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:07 AM, CarrotCake said:

19 weeks now!

We just found out yesterday we are having a boy, so we can start picking out names ?

Congratulations from me, too. ??Wishing you a healthy and happy second half of your pregnancy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

That poor girl will work hard for sure, but she can't do what Katie does for Josie. Josie and Katie era really close and while Katie helps with the children, I think that she is more a friend (AKA emotional support) for Josie. There is no replacement for that. I'm sorry to listen Josie has baby blues and I hope she has enough time to rest and Kelton understands her needs. 

I was thinking that. Addalee could help with the kids but she can't be there for Josie in the same way. It also probably won't even be the same for Willow (at first) who seems to adore Katie, but Willow is young and will bounce back, however it will be adjustment for both her and Josie and I hope Josie is in a better place by December so Katie's absence won't be as much of a blow (and obviously they will still have chat and video calls). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic