IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'd rather not to see Kelton nude. He's not hot, Josie dear.

I was just thinking the same thing. There is way too much skin in those photos (cue rant from Bro Gary re nekkid people). Given the choice, I’d much rather see baby skin than Kelton’s skin. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I don’t mind shirtless men. I don’t really mind shirtless women either. However I do mind the double standard. Kelton can show 80% of his body yet his wife still has to cover up on pool days. And she probably shows more skin than most fundies. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My cousin's daughter did that same thing of arching backwards - even as a newborn. It was frightening for me who was not used to babies, as it felt like she was trying to escape. It wasn't 100% of the time. I was carrying her from the living room into the kitchen and halfway there she was doing a backbend. 

I feel like the shirtless thing bothers me on two levels. 1. It's such a juxtaposition between what is acceptable for men versus women. 2. That much skin makes the coloring on the photo strange. But in regards to 2, Josie is a big fan of neutral and beige. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It might be my age, but really I don’t know why people don’t just save those photos for person consumption. I don’t think anyone wants to see bare chested Kelton on SM. Why post that particular photo/video, as it’s not really favorable to Kelton nor the baby-

• Upvote 11

Plenty of Kelton’s skin on show in that video story.  I assume he’s ok with her posting the video.

6D1969EF-5147-4B8E-9F00-E6AB750BE1C1.png

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Karma said:

Plenty of Kelton’s skin on show in that video story.  I assume he’s ok with her posting the video.

6D1969EF-5147-4B8E-9F00-E6AB750BE1C1.png

I swear if this was the first time I ever saw Kelton I would assume he was 15.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear if this was the first time I ever saw Kelton I would assume he was 15.

Kelton and Josie both look younger than they are. They look far too young to have two kids.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I was thinking the same thing 

• Upvote 5

Not sure what people's problem is with Kelton shirtless? (Besides the double standard.)  People don't have to cover up their bodies in the summer just because they're not 'hot'. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Not sure what people's problem is with Kelton shirtless? (Besides the double standard.)  People don't have to cover up their bodies in the summer just because they're not 'hot'. 

It's ironic, too. If one of the fundie husbands posted their wife and someone made comments of her not being hot, they would get piled on for body shaming. Such a double standard.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

It's ironic, too. If one of the fundie husbands posted their wife and someone made comments of her not being hot, they would get piled on for body shaming. Such a double standard.

No chance of one of them ever posting a shirtless photo of their wives. Even Alyssa that its the less modest wears only modest swinsuits. Thats the double standard, that they cant even wear a normal bathing suit (i am not even saying a bikini, just a regular full bathing suit) to their own backyard pool, but its ok to post a photo of him shirtless on instagram for the whole world to see. He has an ok body but that its not the point. Would he be ok with Josie posting a picture of herself in a bikini in instagram? or would that make Josie a jezebel that its only looking for male attention? Why it is so diferent if its him doing it?

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, llucie said:

No chance of one of them ever posting a shirtless photo of their wives. Even Alyssa that its the less modest wears only modest swinsuits. Thats the double standard, that they cant even wear a normal bathing suit (i am not even saying a bikini, just a regular full bathing suit) to their own backyard pool, but its ok to post a photo of him shirtless on instagram for the whole world to see. He has an ok body but that its not the point. Would he be ok with Josie posting a picture of herself in a bikini in instagram? or would that make Josie a jezebel that its only looking for male attention? Why it is so diferent if its him doing it?

The issue wasn't about modesty, so I am not making the comparison of no shirt on Kelton to a shirtless female. My observation was in regards to the double standard of calling out body shaming for not meeting somebody else's ideas of what body types are attractive and what's ones are not.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

The issue wasn't about modesty, so I am not making the comparison of no shirt on Kelton to a shirtless female. My observation was in regards to the double standard of calling out body shaming for not meeting somebody else's ideas of what body types are attractive and what's ones are not.

I didnt really compare a no shirt Kelton to a shirtless female because instagram unfortunately would delete such a photo per their policy, thats why i said a bikini photo.

• Upvote 1

I find nothing wrong with Kelton’s body. He looks extremely young to me. But his actual body is fine as any other body. I don’t mind topless men. Never have. My dad has been obese my entire life and always swam with me without his shirt on. His body is probably unattractive to many but his large belly was always completely normal to me. Comforting I suppose. My issue is that I hate the double standard. Josie could never post a pic of herself in a bikini from target because her circle of friends and family would probably have a heart attack. 

• Upvote 11

Yes lots of skin on display, and a definite double standard.  I just wish he’d support the baby’s head properly!

• Upvote 5

On the topic of toplessness in public…

Recently I took my kids to an outdoor playground that had a fun water feature sort of like a spray ground. Where the kids were all getting soaked and playing. I immediately noticed a girl about 7 years old in just her underpants. Like I said, topless people don’t much bother me. But I immediately had to tell my kids that it was fine that some little girls go topless, I was afraid my children might go up to her and say, “where’s your shirt?” And make her feel uncomfortable. She was having fun like everyone else and I didn’t want her fun ruined or feel self conscious because my kids ask her about being shirtless. I swear we’ve had to have SO MANY conversations about why boys and men go topless all the time but girls and moms don’t. It’s actually kind of hard to explain because little girls have chests that look exactly the same as little boys. So it makes no sense to them that little girls are supposed to wear shirts. And that’s why I was afraid they would say something to the girl. Because they are still trying to figure it all out. It’s so hard to try to explain gender norms in the US to a 6 and 8 year old. Because they often make no sense!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 4

On 7/8/2021 at 8:25 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I tend to look at faces or interesting  and enchanting backgrounds, when I look ( or post) pictures /photos. I would not deem those photos interesting, beautiful, sweet etc.. if those were the best of the lot, I personally would not have posted or shared them online. Different strokes-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

On the topic of toplessness in public…

Recently I took my kids to an outdoor playground that had a fun water feature sort of like a spray ground. Where the kids were all getting soaked and playing. I immediately noticed a girl about 7 years old in just her underpants. Like I said, topless people don’t much bother me. But I immediately had to tell my kids that it was fine that some little girls go topless, I was afraid my children might go up to her and say, “where’s your shirt?” And make her feel uncomfortable. She was having fun like everyone else and I didn’t want her fun ruined or feel self conscious because my kids ask her about being shirtless. I swear we’ve had to have SO MANY conversations about why boys and men go topless all the time but girls and moms don’t. It’s actually kind of hard to explain because little girls have chests that look exactly the same as little boys. So it makes no sense to them that little girls are supposed to wear shirts. And that’s why I was afraid they would say something to the girl. Because they are still trying to figure it all out. It’s so hard to try to explain gender norms in the US to a 6 and 8 year old. Because they often make no sense!

Is it an US thing? In Spain, little girls usually wear the bottom part of the bikini only. Nobody thinks a child's chest is an immodest body part. In fact, some people critisize that little girls wear the top part of the bikini, because as they don't have breasts to cover, wearing the bra is like sexualing their bodies. Of course, there are also one-piece swimsuits that cover bottom, top and belly, but there are used mostly in swimming classes, while bikinis are used in the beach. In short, each country has different views on modesty!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is it an US thing? In Spain, little girls usually wear the bottom part of the bikini only. Nobody thinks a child's chest is an immodest body part. In fact, some people critisize that little girls wear the top part of the bikini, because as they don't have breasts to cover, wearing the bra is like sexualing their bodies. Of course, there are also one-piece swimsuits that cover bottom, top and belly, but there are used mostly in swimming classes, while bikinis are used in the beach. In short, each country has different views on modesty!

Most little girls don’t wear small bikini tops. Most girls I’ve seen wear tankinis, one piece bathing suits, or rash guard shirts with bathing suit bottoms. Most girls wear something up top past the age of 5. Where I live, it’s legal for women to go topless but most don’t. 

• Upvote 5

This is something I’ve been thinking about actually. I had a double mastectomy in March (breast cancer, good outcome thank goodness ).  There’s now just two horizontal scars where my breasts were.  I’ve shown all of my friends who were curious. I couldn’t have reconstruction and am not bothering to wear prostheses, am just going flat. I’ve survived this cancer, I don’t need those breasts. 

Whilst I would definitely still wear a tankini top on a crowded beach, would I have the courage to not wear one if there’s not many people around?   I don’t know yet. I have to be careful of sun exposure on my radiated skin, but eg if I wanted to have a quick dip while on a beach walk it’d be great if I didn’t have to wear a hot tankini top under my T-shirt. 

Something for me to ponder before next summer (middle of winter here now, and while you’ll see several people still swimming, it’s got to be hot before I’ll go in).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 19

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In the US parents are pretty focused on skin care and cancer prevention. I think THIS is he focus vs modesty-

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

46 minutes ago, Karma said:

This is something I’ve been thinking about actually. I had a double mastectomy in March (breast cancer, good outcome thank goodness ).  There’s now just two horizontal scars where my breasts were.  I’ve shown all of my friends who were curious. I couldn’t have reconstruction and am not bothering to wear prostheses, am just going flat. I’ve survived this cancer, I don’t need those breasts. 

Whilst I would definitely still wear a tankini top on a crowded beach, would I have the courage to not wear one if there’s not many people around?   I don’t know yet. I have to be careful of sun exposure on my radiated skin, but eg if I wanted to have a quick dip while on a beach walk it’d be great if I didn’t have to wear a hot tankini top under my T-shirt. 

Something for me to ponder before next summer (middle of winter here now, and while you’ll see several people still swimming, it’s got to be hot before I’ll go in).

My great grandma had one breast removed a very long time ago and just wore a falsy for symmetry. We were in the garden picking beans and the falsy plopped right on the ground. She said, “oh I’m losing parts of myself!” Picked it up and put it right back in. Later she showed me the scar. I was fascinated. I was also about ten so I’d never seen anything like that. She was extremely matter of fact about the whole thing which helped. It made it way more normalized to me and I think that was a good thing. Her daughter also had her breasts removed due to breast cancer, Who knows, one day I might too. I think my exposure at a young age was good for me.  You don’t have to be the walking spokesperson for normalizing the look of a person’s chest after a mastectomy. But if you did choose to, I’m guessing it will help normalize it for some folks. Which is a positive that could come from it. But again, it’s not your job so don’t feel any pressure to do it. Just do whatever you are comfortable with. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 11

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In the US parents are pretty focused on skin care and cancer prevention. I think THIS is he focus vs modesty-

I’m very focused on skin protection since my husband had so much cut off his skin thanks to sun damage as a kid. My kids always wear rash guard shirts and trunks plus sunscreen and hats sometimes. However I think it often depends on where you live. My cousins in AZ and all their friends are very focused on good coverage on swim suits for their girls because the sun is insane there. But there are parts of the US where people don’t worry as much about skin protection. It’s a lot of more northern states in my experience. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

HE is not hot because he is podgy or white as, he is simply not hot, dressed or naked. Taste are like bungholes we all have them, but there are people who can be fat and hot or super skinny and hot, or even ugly (by norms and standards of polite society) and be hot, but Keltons problem is that he is simply not hot. He is at best luke warm. 

And rest assured that the fundy boys do discuss the 'hotness' of the marriagable girls, and that double standard has existed for ever. 

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic