IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

On 6/10/2021 at 5:08 AM, Angelface said:

Addee is 15

Ellie is 14

Callie is 11

Judson is 10

Jeb is 9

The two teenage girls probably just about run the house now as everyone older than them is male or engaged (Katie, 20). Once Lawson, Nate ( don’t think he is at home often), Trace and any of Jackson (maybe heading for the military), Warden and Isaiah leave the girls workload will decrease dramatically. What will Kelly do when all the girls are gone? Maybe in eight years or so?  She could still have a lot of boys at home and no one to do the “women’s work”!! Except for her of course, bet she hires a housekeeper. 

I don’t think Kelly is as useless as Michelle. I mean she actually knows where the kitchen is. I only have two (adult) kids and I recruited them early on when we have get-togethers.  I continually had them both in my kitchen helping so when it came time for them to move out they would know how to feed themselves, it worked. My son and daughter are both good cooks.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, sansan said:

I don’t think Kelly is as useless as Michelle. I mean she actually knows where the kitchen is. I only have two (adult) kids and I recruited them early on when we have get-togethers.  I continually had them both in my kitchen helping so when it came time for them to move out they would know how to feed themselves, it worked. My son and daughter are both good cooks.

Kelly can't cook. It' s been clear many times in the show. The couple times she's been cooking seemed staged IMO and the results were poor.

I doubt she cleans. In fact, I think Kelly does not care if the house is dirty. I bet the 3 young girls do a bit of cleaning, there is no cooking (everybody grabs some food as snacks and the maximum cooking is putting a frozen package in the oven) and that's all. Probably the laundry is the hardest chore. Josie complained that the house was always dirty.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 15

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

If you're gonna be a homemaker with 19 kids, cooking seems like a skill worth investing in, surely. 

Kelly never learned to cook (apparently, her mom just served precooked meals), then she married young and had a honeymoon baby, got pregnant 3 or 4 months after that, and again and again. I'm not going to defend her, she should had stopped the babymaking and give them attention and real food, but I think she just lived in survival mode. Had no time, had no money and probably was overwhelmed, so the kids were given miserable meals. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, sansan said:

At least Michelle showed an organized pantry full of food. It seemed like Kelly Bates meal prep was more on the level of Jill Rod. The meals Kelly deemed good enough to put on her original blog made the Rod’s yellow meals look appealing. She was not teaching those kids to cook. 

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

It's not currently on the market and probably won't be until they finish renovations. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't sell the house at all and made it into a rental.

Or install a new couple in it--Nathan and Esther?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

At least Michelle showed an organized pantry full of food. It seemed like Kelly Bates meal prep was more on the level of Jill Rod. The meals Kelly deemed good enough to put on her original blog made the Rod’s yellow meals look appealing. She was not teaching those kids to cook. 

They ate similar to Rods and their old house was worse than the bardominium, but Bates are luckier in their physical appearance and their clothes fitted them, so they looked healthy and groomed while Rods look as Victorian orphans.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Katie’s hysteria over having to follow simple directions to finish the meal Esther cooked showed how unfamiliar she is with real cooking. (Maybe it was played up for the show, but she seemed legitimately freaked out.) Damn, girl, if you’re going to be all about the old-fashioned values, at least know how to get some chicken and potatoes on a plate for your man.

• Upvote 12

Nostalgia is making me a bit jealous of Zach and Whitney. My grandparents bought an old farmhouse in the 70s and renovated it and even more so than the house(s) I grew up in, it was the place that made me feel most at home in the entire world. I know I do not have the personality to maintain an old house and lots of property, but a little piece of me wishes I had a place like that. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

On 8/9/2021 at 5:23 PM, sansan said:

Kelly is famous for her dislike of cooking, her terrible recipes, and her desultory breakfasts (packets of instant oatmeal placed on a table). I'm not at all sure she knows where the kitchen is. Alyssa and Michaela do, though.

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Kelly never learned to cook (apparently, her mom just served precooked meals), then she married young and had a honeymoon baby, got pregnant 3 or 4 months after that, and again and again. I'm not going to defend her, she should had stopped the babymaking and give them attention and real food, but I think she just lived in survival mode. Had no time, had no money and probably was overwhelmed, so the kids were given miserable meals. 

This makes no sense. You can put a big pot of oatmeal on the stove in five minutes. It's cheap, it's easy, it'll fill up all your kids (even the youngest). If I were in survival mode, I'd cook this. Kelly's disgusting concoctions were far more work.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

This makes no sense. You can put a big pot of oatmeal on the stove in five minutes. It's cheap, it's easy, it'll fill up all your kids (even the youngest).

Add rice and beans for another meal/filler food.

It's also not like she raised her kids. She had Michael and Erin do that.

For stay at home people their cooking and housekeeping skills lack...if they were truly interested they could look things up on the internet and teach themselves like Erin did. 

Edited by WiseGirl
Spelling
  • Upvote 11

7 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Add rice and beans for another meal/filler food.

It's also not like she raised her kids. She had Michael and Erin do that.

For stay at home people their cooking and housekeeping skills lack...if they were truly interested they could look things up on the internet and teach themselves like Erin did. 

Exactly. Eggs are cheap and so healthy. 2 dozen eggs and a pot of oatmeal, a gallon of milk and some fruit- is that really that hard? Even for a large brood it's not that time consuming. My daughter is on kitchen duty for 30 one meal every two days at her job and she keeps it at 1/2 hour prep and 1/2 hour cook time. 

Add some chopped onion, peppers, or other veggies, cheese, sour cream, tortillas... beans and rice can be so satisfying and cheap.

Ok I have to add to this, hard boiled eggs are tasty and fast. Literally grab and go. When my kids (ok my three, but still) were little I would take a day with nothing going on and make pancakes in bulk and freeze them. Throw in some fruit in the batter. Serve with a jar of p butter. Done. Same with muffins and quick breads. Flash freezing fruit when it's in season. I grew up on a diet of tang and Frosted Flakes and ramen so this is a prickly point for me. I am hot under the collar over this now. Calm down, self.  🤣

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 9

My mom couldn't cook for shit. I learned. Even now I can feed myself for next to nothing. Soak a pot of beans then slow cook them with some seasonings, and a chopped onion. Use instant pot for rice. Salsa, cheese and sour cream, and I can eat for over a week. I can make that into a burrito, a dip, or just a bowl of goodness. I mean, if I could do it, as the least domesticated creature on earth, anyone can do it. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Exactly. Eggs are cheap and so healthy. 2 dozen eggs and a pot of oatmeal, a gallon of milk and some fruit- is that really that hard? Even for a large brood it's not that time consuming. My daughter is on kitchen duty for 30 one meal every two days at her job and she keeps it at 1/2 hour prep and 1/2 hour cook time. 

Add some chopped onion, peppers, or other veggies, cheese, sour cream, tortillas... beans and rice can be so satisfying and cheap.

Ok I have to add to this, hard boiled eggs are tasty and fast. Literally grab and go. When my kids (ok my three, but still) were little I would take a day with nothing going on and make pancakes in bulk and freeze them. Throw in some fruit in the batter. Serve with a jar of p butter. Done. Same with muffins and quick breads. Flash freezing fruit when it's in season. I grew up on a diet of tang and Frosted Flakes and ramen so this is a prickly point for me. I am hot under the collar over this now. Calm down, self.  🤣

I am actually just gearing up to do this for the return to school. Bake a bunch of muffins. Some waffles I can freeze. We are going blueberry picking and I will freeze some and also make sure jam. Some mini lasangnas for quick meals. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am actually just gearing up to do this for the return to school. Bake a bunch of muffins. Some waffles I can freeze. We are going blueberry picking and I will freeze some and also make sure jam. Some mini lasangnas for quick meals. 

I love making lasagna and freezing it! We are now empty nesters and I can assemble 4 loaf pans with lasagna and we've got four meals then. So easy and I make it even easier with no bake noddles. 

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I love making lasagna and freezing it! We are now empty nesters and I can assemble 4 loaf pans with lasagna and we've got four meals then. So easy and I make it even easier with no bake noddles. 

No bake noodles!!  Why aren’t you making those lasagna noodles from scratch??

• Haha 10

On 8/11/2021 at 8:39 PM, Sheltie said:

No bake noodles!!  Why aren’t you making those lasagna noodles from scratch??

Hell no. 🤣 And I prefer Ragu jar sauce over homemade or pricier brands. Also love Campbells tomato soup with milk and pepper jack stirred in over any tomato soup o've ever tried to make. I am a child of the 70's, after all. 

• Upvote 8

What I find extra ironic are their regular references to the Proverb woman- all while they are almost the complete opposite. 
But that’s the fun in Fundie logic. You can twist it till it fits.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

What I find extra ironic are their regular references to the Proverb woman- all while they are almost the complete opposite. 
But that’s the fun in Fundie logic. You can twist it till it fits.

Provebs women didn't homeschool. That's what fundies don't understand (or don't care): nobody can homeschool a bunch of children WHILE being pregnant every other year WHILE being a good homemaker. And well... children didn't go to school in Biblical times, but of course fundies also lack of historical perspective.

I know some big families in internet seem to be great teachers and great cooks and great everything, but I doubt it is enterely true. The only who seem to keep everything working are using other resources (co-ops or regular schools/high schools for older children, lots of screen-school for the little ones etc).

• Upvote 8

@Melissa1977 Lori Alexander loves to claim that women "can't do it all" as a reason why being a working mom, wife, and doing household chores is too taxing on women. For a variety of reasons, that combo CAN be too taxing on women. But her solution is to *simply* become a SAHM, homeschooling, canning, sewing, gardening, cleaning, cooking from scratch, etc. As if that's any less "Doing it all???" 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

On 8/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Provebs women didn't homeschool. That's what fundies don't understand (or don't care): nobody can homeschool a bunch of children WHILE being pregnant every other year WHILE being a good homemaker. And well... children didn't go to school in Biblical times, but of course fundies also lack of historical perspective.

I know some big families in internet seem to be great teachers and great cooks and great everything, but I doubt it is enterely true. The only who seem to keep everything working are using other resources (co-ops or regular schools/high schools for older children, lots of screen-school for the little ones etc).

True. But honestly, the reason they don’t live up to their „gold standard“ is not that they are providing their children with subpar education. I doubt most of them would even with only 1-4 children.

• Upvote 8

Ugh why did I look at the before and after pictures in their new house? I truly hate when people come into a house and completely gut it. How much unnecessary waste did they produce? Those kitchen cabinets looked like they were in good shape. Whoever lived there before took good care of them. You could tell. Did they even try to save the cabinets and give them away or donate them? Probably not. They are ripping up all the parquet flooring. I know it’s not everyone’s taste but it’s honestly not bad looking. I’m sure they will put in laminate. Hopefully it’s a good quality laminate. I hate when people tear up a floor that will probably last awhile for a cheap floor that won’t last long. I’m not the greenest person on earth but I would at least try to not produce an insane amount of waste when making changes to a new home. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh why did I look at the before and after pictures in their new house? I truly hate when people come into a house and completely gut it. How much unnecessary waste did they produce? Those kitchen cabinets looked like they were in good shape. Whoever lived there before took good care of them. You could tell. Did they even try to save the cabinets and give them away or donate them? Probably not. They are ripping up all the parquet flooring. I know it’s not everyone’s taste but it’s honestly not bad looking. I’m sure they will put in laminate. Hopefully it’s a good quality laminate. I hate when people tear up a floor that will probably last awhile for a cheap floor that won’t last long. I’m not the greenest person on earth but I would at least try to not produce an insane amount of waste when making changes to a new home. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Edit because I can’t seem to type out of the quote box. You said everything I thought whilst watching the vid along with Schoolroom???!!! Dam no chance for them to get to go to school now.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bought an appartment with wooden floors and a very classical wooden kitchen. It looked nice in pictures, but was in a very bad shape if you looked it live (the wooden cabinets were rotten inside because water leaked time ago, etc). In Zach's new home, considering how outdated the bathroom was, it is possible the kitchen and floors were worse than they looked in pictures.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I bought an appartment with wooden floors and a very classical wooden kitchen. It looked nice in pictures, but was in a very bad shape if you looked it live (the wooden cabinets were rotten inside because water leaked time ago, etc). In Zach's new home, considering how outdated the bathroom was, it is possible the kitchen and floors were worse than they looked in pictures.

I look at a ton of homes and there are usually indicators that the home was taken care of. This house has an extremely old oven that hadn’t been replaced. There were other appliances that had been replaced like the fridge. That tells me the oven was still working. It must have been taken care of if it was still working. You could tell that it was an older person or couple that lived there and had probably lived there for many years. Cabinets can be built to last like furniture. I imagine those cabinets were in decent shape and could have been saved for someone else or used in a different part of the house. But that takes more time and effort. Smashing things and filling up a dumpster is easier and more fun for young men.

• Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic