IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

While not related, I seem to remember Kelly Jo telling Whitney (while she was pregnant with Bradley) that there had been complications with Zach because he was early. She said that his lungs weren't fully developed yet and his right? lung collapsed. I remember thinking that was probably not something good to tell a woman who is weeks/days away from giving birth to her first baby. I also remember it being strange because it sounded like Kelly Jo said they inserted a "test tube." Maybe she meant chest tube but it came out a bit funny.

Eh. Half the genetics are Zach's. I feel like Whitney must feel relieved knowing that Zach went through the same thing and turned out fine, it's 100% not her fault, and even when it happens plenty of successful pregnancies can be had afterward.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

He didn't like the schedule. He couldn't focus on his family (he worked on weekends, etc, typical policeman shifts). He is working with Gil in the tree business. Apparently Whitney is earning a good salary in the boutique, so I wonder if she pays for a good health insurance.

Maybe Carlin? They are neighbours and two nights ago Whitney and Carlin were together. 

How do we know she is earning a good salary? Just curious. Did she say so?

The fact that they are growing is NOT a sign the business is profitable or successful. A lot of businesses plow all their profits into growth, and provide little in the way of salary for the owners. It's a really common problem. I'm not saying it's going on here, but I don't think a storefront indicates anything other than the Bates sisters are now paying for rent and utilities.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

The fact that they are growing is NOT a sign the business is profitable or successful. A lot of businesses plow all their profits into growth, and provide little in the way of salary for the owners. It's a really common problem. I'm not saying it's going on here, but I don't think a storefront indicates anything other than the Bates sisters are now paying for rent and utilities.

Yes they said they are earning a nice profit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

When did they say that? All I've heard is that they sold 5000 dresses (as of the date that scene was filmed). That's really indicative of nothing; we don't know how they spend their profits.

• Upvote 5

Having a baby in the NICU is a rough road. No one I know who has been through it comes out the same, regardless of the outcome for their baby. I wonder what the impact on Zach and Whitney will be? I hope their little chap improves soon. 

• Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Having a baby in the NICU is a rough road. No one I know who has been through it comes out the same, regardless of the outcome for their baby. I wonder what the impact on Zach and Whitney will be? I hope their little chap improves soon. 

Yup. That’s probably also true for the people the Bates’ have infected with COVID who ended up in the IC or in a grave. I feel bad for the baby, of course, but I have no feelings whatsoever for Whit and Zach. They cried rivers of crocodile tears when they had a miscarriage. If they had really been that sad, they would not have taken so many risks with COVID. Sorry, not sorry. They made choices and, gee wiz mister, it turns out that choices come with consequences. I truly hope their little boy with an awful name recovers, but I’m not on the “poor Whitney” bandwagon. She and Zach have likely spread COVID and caused equal misery or death for others. 

• Upvote 12

Just to clarify, my post wasn't a 'poor Whitney & Zach' post, it was more an idle wondering of what the impact of Jadon's NICU time will be on them. 

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Just to clarify, my post wasn't a 'poor Whitney & Zach' post, it was more an idle wondering of what the impact of Jadon's NICU time will be on them. 

I've honestly pretty much given up hope of reality having any sort of impact on those people's beliefs. If a death and severall miscarriages in their family haven't been able to convince them, a NICU stay probably won't either. They are just wilfully closing their eyes to anything that doesn't fit their narrative. Nothing you can do for them at this point.

• Upvote 18

13 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Hi there, I realize my post was a bit harsh sounding, sorry for that. I definitely didn’t think of your post like “poor Whitney”, but to clarify my response: these people have seen/caused so much misery and just don’t give a f***. They cry for rights of the unborn and f*** over the living as hard as they can and laugh about it. Their attitude is like Lawson: if you have a problem, it’s likely your own fault bc you’re poor/black/unbeliever etc. I just hate the BS. If Zach and Whitney can be callous enough to spread COVID with a smile and say that it’s all in God’s hands anyway, then they have no business being all tearful over their baby. He’s in God’s hands too. 

• Upvote 14

13 minutes ago, Green bean satan said:

If Zach and Whitney can be callous enough to spread COVID with a smile and say that it’s all in God’s hands anyway, then they have no business being all tearful over their baby. He’s in God’s hands too. 

I still pity them for having a baby in the NICU, because I like to think that I'm better than them in that respect. And I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. But yeah, I agree with all the rest.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

When did they say that? All I've heard is that they sold 5000 dresses (as of the date that scene was filmed). That's really indicative of nothing; we don't know how they spend their profits.

They said the business was going great and that's why they hired 3 workers. I find it difficult to believe the business is that succesful, but those were their words, so maybe it is true and they are earning a good profit. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, bal maiden said:

I think the impact depends on the person and on the length of the stay. I know a mom who was happy for her twins NiCU stay because that way she could rest and the babies came home used to a feeding schedule. She had zero trauma. To be fair, the twins weren't very sick, only too little, but other moms have an opposite reaction than her.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think the impact depends on the person and on the length of the stay. I know a mom who was happy for her twins NiCU stay because that way she could rest and the babies came home used to a feeding schedule. She had zero trauma. To be fair, the twins weren't very sick, only too little, but other moms have an opposite reaction than her.

Maybe her babies were in (what we would call in the UK) SCBU - special care baby unit - rather than NICU? I think there's a world of difference between your baby being in an enclosed incubator, ventilated, with an NG tube, a thousand monitors attached to their little body etc., to being in a low dependency unit with open cots and light interventions. I'm glad your friend had zero trauma and her experience was good.   

• Upvote 4

Carlin posted a story saying they had been staying at the big house for a week and were just returning back to their own home. I wonder if they stayed there to help with the Z+W Bates family.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Carlin posted a story saying they had been staying at the big house for a week and were just returning back to their own home. I wonder if they stayed there to help with the Z+W Bates family.

I think they had pest at their place. I don’t watch the videos so I don’t know what exactly happened. 
josie Duggar was in the nicu and they didn’t seem to value her life when they left her with siblings. (I’m thinking of the time she had a seizure and Jana had to care for her.) most fundies are only pro birth. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Regarding the 5,000 dresses I believe Zach said when they were going to move into the new store he told the girls they should having a moving sale and they sold the 5000 during the sale.  I'm pretty sure the girls were inside packing the dresses they had sold and the boys were moving to the new location 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

That's good, though it seems that they are plowing that profit back into the business. A storefront is a huge expense

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

We also don't know their profit margin (if any). Did they make $5 per dress? Fifty cents? Did they lose $1 per dress, because of expenses? I mean, I could sell 5000 dresses if I bought them at $20 and sold them at $18, but that wouldn't give me any money to live on, let alone pay my expenses.

Even if they made $5 per dress--after expenses-- that's 5 x 5000=$25,000, divided by three women is just over $8,000 per woman.

After taxes, that $8000 is perhaps $6000 per person.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Good news on baby Jadon.  They were able to remove his chest tube and Zach and Whitney both got to hold him yesterday.  He was also taken off all oxygen, had his feeding tube and central line removed 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 10

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Their air conditioning unit broke down and because of the heat some cockroaches entered the house. Carlin said in their newlyweed apartment there were a plague of them and one day she wake up in the middle of the night with one of them crawling up her face, since then she developed a phobia so she could not sleep in there. They were also worried the heat would be too much for Layla so they went to spent the night at an hotel. The next day the repair men from the air conditioning told them their AC unit was just too old and probably would need to be replaced and that it would take a week, so they decided to go to the Bates parents house for the week.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Carlin said in their newlyweed apartment there were a plague of them and one day she wake up in the middle of the night with one of them crawling up her face, since then she developed a phobia so she could not sleep in there. 

Wow. Yep. I don’t blame her for a second. Just reading that and thinking of that happening is making my skin crawl. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 15

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

That's good, though it seems that they are plowing that profit back into the business. A storefront is a huge expense

We also don't know their profit margin (if any). Did they make $5 per dress? Fifty cents? Did they lose $1 per dress, because of expenses? I mean, I could sell 5000 dresses if I bought them at $20 and sold them at $18, but that wouldn't give me any money to live on, let alone pay my expenses.

Even if they made $5 per dress--after expenses-- that's 5 x 5000=$25,000, divided by three women is just over $8,000 per woman.

After taxes, that $8000 is perhaps $6000 per person.

They have benefited from COVID in some ways, as online stores have become even more popular. I don't know that doing a storefront is the smartest move since that is struggling a lot these days. I know people in the store display industry (racks, hangers, and mannequins, etc.) and they are struggling because people just aren't opening stores. 

I wouldn't expect them to say that it was failing or struggling. Watch shows like Restaurant Impossible. People who start businesses without plans or guidance are notorious for not understanding the financial side. They try to say they are making a profit when they don't take into account the water, the lights, staffing, etc. When they were in Zach and Whitney's backyard, they didn't have those expenses. I certainly hope Whitney got a bigger share since she had to give up space for the business, work throughout quarantine/lock down, and pay extra for electricity, water, and overall utilities. That storage shed/warehouse they used didn't have a bathroom so she had people traipsing in and out of her house all day. They also were using Johnson for their original website, as they are the same company that does Michaela's online store, Lawson's site, etc. Chad? would update the site, but they (Johnson) built it. Johnson's name is not on the site now. Somehow I doubt that Chad nor the girls are well versed enough in ecommerce to handle an online store. So they probably got someone else. 

I don't know that we can judge accurately how the business is doing based on comments. However, just looking at it logically, you have to realize they have to be making a large profit to be able to split it three ways and expand the way they have done. That said, I wouldn't expect them to say that it was failing or struggling. I also don't doubt they needed to hire some help. Whitney was pregnant again and both she and Zach had COVID. Erin's been having health issues with COVID and her ovarian issues. Carlin had COVID and never seems to be in town. The most you hear from Carlin about working is that there is another photoshoot. Someone has to work at the business so why not hire people?

I hope they have a firm or an accountant helping with tax issues, etc. Just valuing inventory can be a tricky thing. Then there is sales tax for goods sold. Now that they have a physical presence versus a home business, the rules are different from what I remember. 

I still always laugh at the about the sisters page on the website. I say this as a person who writes such content for sites and brochures. You want your bio to not only say who you are but show your qualifications for the business you are selling. These three bios don't do that. Whitney's talks about medical coding/billing and real estate. Erin's discusses music ministry and spending time outside with her kids. Carlin's at least mentions fashion and styling.   

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

They have benefited from COVID in some ways, as online stores have become even more popular. I don't know that doing a storefront is the smartest move since that is struggling a lot these days. I know people in the store display industry (racks, hangers, and mannequins, etc.) and they are struggling because people just aren't opening stores. 

I wouldn't expect them to say that it was failing or struggling. Watch shows like Restaurant Impossible. People who start businesses without plans or guidance are notorious for not understanding the financial side. They try to say they are making a profit when they don't take into account the water, the lights, staffing, etc. When they were in Zach and Whitney's backyard, they didn't have those expenses. I certainly hope Whitney got a bigger share since she had to give up space for the business, work throughout quarantine/lock down, and pay extra for electricity, water, and overall utilities. That storage shed/warehouse they used didn't have a bathroom so she had people traipsing in and out of her house all day. They also were using Johnson for their original website, as they are the same company that does Michaela's online store, Lawson's site, etc. Chad? would update the site, but they (Johnson) built it. Johnson's name is not on the site now. Somehow I doubt that Chad nor the girls are well versed enough in ecommerce to handle an online store. So they probably got someone else. 

I don't know that we can judge accurately how the business is doing based on comments. However, just looking at it logically, you have to realize they have to be making a large profit to be able to split it three ways and expand the way they have done. That said, I wouldn't expect them to say that it was failing or struggling. I also don't doubt they needed to hire some help. Whitney was pregnant again and both she and Zach had COVID. Erin's been having health issues with COVID and her ovarian issues. Carlin had COVID and never seems to be in town. The most you hear from Carlin about working is that there is another photoshoot. Someone has to work at the business so why not hire people?

I hope they have a firm or an accountant helping with tax issues, etc. Just valuing inventory can be a tricky thing. Then there is sales tax for goods sold. Now that they have a physical presence versus a home business, the rules are different from what I remember. 

I still always laugh at the about the sisters page on the website. I say this as a person who writes such content for sites and brochures. You want your bio to not only say who you are but show your qualifications for the business you are selling. These three bios don't do that. Whitney's talks about medical coding/billing and real estate. Erin's discusses music ministry and spending time outside with her kids. Carlin's at least mentions fashion and styling.   

I think if they were failing the business would slowly fade away. They would say something like “we are thankful we could run a business but it is taking too much time from our families.” 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Yep we started a business in 2019 and only paid ourselves a living salary despite having really good couple of years. It was so we could reinvest it in the company and for tax purposes. We just sold the business this past February and took the money out and it was a very nice sum but in the meantime we had been keeping our living costs as little as possible. I guess what they could do is make an equal pay out to all partners of the boutique if one of them needed cash quickly.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think if they were failing the business would slowly fade away. They would say something like “we are thankful we could run a business but it is taking too much time from our families.” 

The only thing you are missing is that it is God's plan or God has other plans for us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder if each family is compensated for working on the show vs Gil and KJ getting the  payout and providing money as they see fit? I know UP(?) isn’t TLC-

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic