IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

The “complications” Whitney described - ventilator, dialysis, sepsis - sound an awful lot like COVID…

Losing a parent is horrible. If it was indeed due to COVID, maybe it will at least make them take it more seriously and get vaccinated.

Disclaimer: Idle speculation bus - it hasn’t been confirmed anywhere that Whitney’s das died from COVID. It’s just my assumption based on Whitney’s post.

Whitney mentioned that her father had had a procedure. People can get get septic as a complication of surgery so that might be the cause.  This being said, these people are all Trumpers and unlikely to follow medical advice regarding covid so who knows.

• Upvote 15

Even if it was Covid they will not change their habits a bit, they have already seen the effects of it on Erin, and Kelly's stepdad died of Covid, plus her mother has been hospitalized thanks to Covid, and yet they still happily go around unmasked and unvaccinated. I don't know how they could still say is just a flue after all this time and deaths but they somehow managed to 🤷‍♀️🙄

• Upvote 19

I know that all kinds of conditions can cause a sepsis. But I’ve read many reports of how Covid usually goes and is treated, and this very I specific combination of ventilator, dialysis, sepsis was part of almost all the terminal Covid cases…

Either way, not sure what the situation is like in the US currently, but where I live even non-COVID intensive care patients are not treated properly and with an appropriate level of care anymore, and all elective surgeries and all non-urgent surgeries (which appallingly includes most cancer surgeries) have been canceled. All because unvaccinated Covid patients take up so much of the available (limited) resources in equipment and personnel. It’s a shame.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I know that all kinds of conditions can cause a sepsis. But I’ve read many reports of how Covid usually goes and is treated, and this very I specific combination of ventilator, dialysis, sepsis was part of almost all the terminal Covid cases…

Covid patients generally go on the vent, but dialysis and sepsis? That's not part of a covid death.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, petrushka said:

Many conditions in older people can result in septic shock.  My mother died of it due to recurrent urinary tract infections that morphed into kidney infections. People with diabetes are also susceptible, but really any kind of body infection can turn into septic shock if a person's immune system is weakened.

About 6 years ago, Mr. No was admitted into the hospital with an infection in his groin.  He was shocked when he was told he was going straight to the ICU because his infection was near septic levels.    It happened so fast he didn't think he was that bad.  So I am inclined to think that complications from surgery happened here and things went south very quickly.  

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Covid patients generally go on the vent, but dialysis and sepsis? That's not part of a covid death.

Dr. Google tells me otherwise, although I’m not convinced that Whitney’s dad’s condition was caused by covid.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

My dad caught sepsis a few times from small hospital procedures. It's not covid. Some people are just likely to get sepsis. I had it myself and it lasted a while on an incision from surgery. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

they have already seen the effects of it on Erin, and Kelly's stepdad died of Covid, plus her mother has been hospitalized thanks to Covid,

Whitney had a preterm birth. Covid increases the risk of preterm birth significantly. These people are Trumpers and almost certainly have disdain for covid precautions. As with Chelsy Maxwell, I would not be at all surprised to find that Covid was the cause of the preterm birth. I doubt any health consequence would change their minds about covid precautions but given the number of potential pregnancies in this family, I hope for the sake of the babies that at least the pregnant women vaccinate.

edited to add: Covid can cause significant inflammation, scarring and clotting issues. This damages tissue and damaged tissue/debilitated patients are at high risk for secondary infection ....which could lead to sepsis. I think Whitney's dad probably died of sepsis secondary to whatever procedure he had but that is not to say that covid is not associated with sepsis.

Edited by browngrl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Jason did have lung issues, which could very well been beveuase Whitney got Covid while pregnant., But yes 11 days early is not preterm. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, meee said:

Jadon was only 11 days early, which is not considered preterm.

My mistake - I somehow had the idea he was preterm and in NICU for while. I wonder if I mixed her up with Chelsy?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

My mistake - I somehow had the idea he was preterm and in NICU for while. I wonder if I mixed her up with Chelsy?

He was in the NICU for a while, but because he had breathing issues. He was in the NICU for a week, the first 6 days involved a a chest tube. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

When my husband passed in January due to sepsis from a knee infection, the doctor told me it was probably Covid related even if his death certificate doesn’t say so. She said they were (this was Jan 2021) still seeing new things from it and it probably either caused the infection in the first place or weakened his heart so it was susceptible to sepsis. We had Covid in Dec 2020, although the kids and I felt like we had colds and his was more flu-like. One kid strangely didn't get it, despite living amongst us. 

• Sad 5
  • Love 15

My cousin who died of covid in October had that progression. Vent, dialysis, sepsis, death. He was unvaccinated.

And my husband's boss had his lung cancer surgery delayed again and again because of covid so now he's going to die from it. Thanks to all who who continue to spread this like ignorant morons for killing good people who could have been saved.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 19

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My cousin who died of covid in October had that progression. Vent, dialysis, sepsis, death. He was unvaccinated.

And my husband's boss had his lung cancer surgery delayed again and again because of covid so now he's going to die from it. Thanks to all who who continue to spread this like ignorant morons for killing good people who could have been saved.

I"m so sorry about your cousin.

Covid is usually a lung disease and this lung disease is the cause of the death. Of course, when there are comorbidities that is a different story. However, in most covid deaths, there is no dialysis or sepsis involved. 

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Dr. Google tells me otherwise, although I’m not convinced that Whitney’s dad’s condition was caused by covid.

Dr. Google is fun, but I've consulted doctors who treat covid.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Covid is usually a lung disease and this lung disease is the cause of the death. Of course, when there are comorbidities that is a different story. However, in most covid deaths, there is no dialysis or sepsis involved. 

It depends what you mean by 'most'.  While I've only looked at the one study so far, it is from Mt. Sinai and they found 46% of patients have some sort of kidney injury.  ~20% of those need dialysis.  It's not super common, but it's also not unheard of. (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/severe-covid-19-can-lead-to-kidney-failure-medical-studies-reveal.html)

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Dialysis is a common complication in intubated Covid patients. Okay, 25-30% of ICU Covid patients are not “most”, but it is certainly an associated complication, enough so that there are medical publications and official guidelines on how to deal with that specific complication.

Two examples:

Medical publication titled “COVID-19 and acute kidney injury in the intensive care unit”: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33362880/

Australian government website article citing further medical sources: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/communities-of-practice/Pages/guide-renal-replacement-therapy.aspx

“International data suggests that the prevalence of AKI in patients with COVID-19 is 3-9% and is more common in patients with severe disease, affecting up to 30% of critically ill patients in the ICU.1, 2, 3, 4  The need for renal dialysis usually arises during the second week of infection with COVID-19, with studies reporting up to 25% of patients in ICU required RRT. 5, 6”.

• Upvote 8

I don't intend to claim he was representative of everyone, just confirming those complications do occur and nobody on the medical team seemed to think it was shocking.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Covid is usually a lung disease

Covid is not really a lung disease. It is a vascular disease. Covid causes alternation/damage to blood vessels and this sets of a chain of clotting, bleeding,immune changes and inflammatory changes. This is what causes the damage (both short and long term) in covid patients. Early on in the pandemic when less was known about covid, pathologists were already pointing to a vascular issue because the lungs of covid patients were not filled with pus but rather with blood and clot. The lungs are very affected by covid because they are richly vascular. The kidneys are other organs  that have a lot of vessels which helps explain renal involvement.

Edited by browngrl
added one sentence about lung /kidneyvascularity
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 11

When my grandfather died in December 2020, I felt like I had to include the fact that it wasn't due to COVID when I told other people. He had surgery in early October, experienced complications, ended up in the ICU for a while, then went into sepsis.

If I hadn't included that information, then others could have assumed his death was caused by COVID. Without confirmation we won't know for sure one way or the other. Either way it is unlikely to change behavior. My cousin's wife is a travel nurse, and when she took care of a family of three (parents and adult son), the two patients who got better and were released started accusing the hospital staff of purposely making the third family member sicker and (ultimately) killing them to . . . prove a point? Confirmation bias? I don't understand it but denial can be strong.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Wondering if Whitney will make Katie's wedding or if she's just going to be too distraught. I wouldn't blame her for missing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

From a medical perspective, I can offer some insight. I’m a healthcare worker and have worked in ICU and treated COVID patients. Kidney injury is a common sequelae of critically ill patients. Generally, when someone is critically ill, be it from covid, another infection, massive trauma, etc, what we’ll often see as the course progresses is hypoperfusion - essentially the body becomes too weak to maintain a blood pressure that adequately perfuses the organs, and the kidneys are particularly prone to not getting enough blood flow in these circumstances. They then become injured and can’t filter the blood, so metabolites build up and dialysis is a last-ditch effort to take over the job of the kidneys to allow them to rest and remove the contents of the blood that would otherwise be filtered out. Regarding the sepsis piece, you can become septic from a secondary pneumonia due to covid, but the impression I got from her post was that it was possibly related to the procedure he had. 

Regardless of whether we agree with her lifestyle choices or not, my heart breaks for her - a loss of a family member is devastating. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

I’m sorry but are we filling in blanks and making things up?  

from what I’ve read, her father had a procedure.  We don’t know exactly what the procedure was.  Later he showed signs of sepsis.  Most likely related to whatever procedure he had done.  

the discussion of covid complications is interesting but personally it’s a giant leap from he had a procedure to it was from covid because that Bateseseses are a bunch of covidiots.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

I thought she said at the beginning he had some kind of procedure and then got all the rest from it? May be mis remembering or remembering shit I added myself. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Never mind me all said before I should finish the thread before posting. As I have said before in any fundie loss I am grateful they have their solid faith they will see their loved ones again. What a sad loveliness that must be.
  • Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic