IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

I thought it was a pretty good update, at least they mentioned staff and other children/parents.

However, what always gets me with fundies is that they don't acknowledge at all that there wouldn't be any doctors and nurses to provide skilled treatment if everyone home schooled in the way they do. They seem happy to overlook the evils of schools and universities when they are benefiting from the results.

Obviously,  wishing Jadon a speedy and full recovery.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I hope the poor baby is getting better soon! And I agree with previous posters who mentioned that their statement was actually nice and well worded.

• Upvote 4

I hope baby Jason recovers quickly.

I’m not a fan of his parents but their Instagram post was thoughtful and I can’t fault it at all. Very well worded. 

• Upvote 5

The text is fine, but I'm not very fond of pictures that so exposes/exhibits the newborn. He has to live with very revealing pictures of himself intubated, on nasal ventilaton, with a chest tube, umbilical vein catheter, on the webz for everyone to see.

But when you make your living of a reality show the right of your child to privacy (both online and elsewere) are put on the backburner. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Thorns said:

The text is fine, but I'm not very fond of pictures that so exposes/exhibits the newborn. He has to live with very revealing pictures of himself intubated, on nasal ventilaton, with a chest tube, umbilical vein catheter, on the webz for everyone to see.

But when you make your living of a reality show the right of your child to privacy (both online and elsewere) are put on the backburner. 

Yes, especially when your dad quits his regular job.

• Upvote 8

And yet another reproductive snafu. I guess with so many being born, your odds of an untoward event rise. FWIW, I hope this baby is OK, term babies with respiratory illnesses can be some of the sickest babies in a unit.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Thank goodness these fundies aren’t the type of fundies who are against hospital births and medical technology until the child is deathly ill *cough* Washburns *cough*

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Did Whitney have covid while pregnant. If so I wonder if they are wondering if his nicu stay is because of that. I don’t believe it is but I can’t say for sure that if I was in the situation it would not have crossed my mind. 

• Upvote 11

@AussieKrissy In the end a lot of research just needs to happen but the virus can be vertically transmitted because babies have tested positive post birth or have had their placentas tested and have covid antibodies. I hope more comes out as time goes on 

• Upvote 9

39 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@AussieKrissy In the end a lot of research just needs to happen but the virus can be vertically transmitted because babies have tested positive post birth or have had their placentas tested and have covid antibodies. I hope more comes out as time goes on 

The hospital I used to work at had several babies born that tested positive and the mom was negative. Not sure how that happened. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Did Whitney have covid while pregnant. If so I wonder if they are wondering if his nicu stay is because of that. I don’t believe it is but I can’t say for sure that if I was in the situation it would not have crossed my mind. 

She was, i remember them mentioning it in the pregnancy announcement, i think they said she had it in her first trimester and the doctors were monitoring her more closely because of it. That was a long time ago though, i dont know if the baby issues could be related to that or just bad luck.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Hoping Jadon starts to get better soon. Pretty scary they had to put the baby on a ventilator! 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I know twin brothers named Sean and Dean. I don't think I've ever messed up Dean's name but I have definitely said "seen" instead of "shawn" for Sean by mistake.

Why on earth would the parents do that?! On the one hand it is kind of clever because they look alike but don't sound alike, but on the other hand it's just asking to be stumbled over.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, jakesykora said:

They did further in the paragraph:

And also asked people to think of/pray for other families also going through difficult situations with their little ones there as well.

Obviously our opinions differ, but I actually thought it was a much better statement/update than we typically see from fundies.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP9cODIBKBO/

Very happy to stand corrected. In the very first post I saw it was all about thanking god. They probably updated it or added in another one. I do hope that the baby recovers and gets better. 

18 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

I thought it was a pretty good update, at least they mentioned staff and other children/parents.

However, what always gets me with fundies is that they don't acknowledge at all that there wouldn't be any doctors and nurses to provide skilled treatment if everyone home schooled in the way they do. They seem happy to overlook the evils of schools and universities when they are benefiting from the results.

Obviously,  wishing Jadon a speedy and full recovery.

Exactly my thoughts. Just not expressed as well. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

My God, their baby is on a respirator. He could die or have lifelong problems. I can hardly judge the quality of their instagram posts at the moment.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Whitney and Zach did an update on Jadon, he is out of the respirator now, but still on oxygen. Looks like he is improving.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 15

Last night they said that there are 3 major things Jadon has to do.  Off the ventilator.  Off the feeding tube. Off the O2.  And then a lot of small things after that before he's out of the woods and can come home. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Why in the world, and when, did Zach quit his police job?  I'm sure included decent health coverage.  What is his current job?  Please don't tell me he is "in ministry"!

• Upvote 10

I believe it was ventilator which he's done and then the x-ray to see if they could remove the chest tube.  They were hopeful that after today and removal of the chest tube, he could move on to smaller things.

• Upvote 6

Snarky as we want but hoping baby Jadon will be okay....who has the older kids? KJ stepping up? 

Edited by Whatever
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Why in the world, and when, did Zach quit his police job?  I'm sure included decent health coverage.  What is his current job?  Please don't tell me he is "in ministry"!

He didn't like the schedule. He couldn't focus on his family (he worked on weekends, etc, typical policeman shifts). He is working with Gil in the tree business. Apparently Whitney is earning a good salary in the boutique, so I wonder if she pays for a good health insurance.

55 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Snarky as we want but hoping baby Jadon will be okay....who has the older kids? KJ stepping up? 

Maybe Carlin? They are neighbours and two nights ago Whitney and Carlin were together. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Trace posted a photo with Bradley at church so I am guessing they are with KJ. 

I know this isn’t a medical forum, but can someone with more knowledge of this explain what’s going on with Jadon? Is this a common medical issue? Is it something they would know before delivery with ultrasounds? Or is it a result of delivery?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

know this isn’t a medical forum, but can someone with more knowledge of this explain what’s going on with Jadon? Is this a common medical issue? Is it something they would know before delivery with ultrasounds? Or is it a result of delivery?

They didn't know before and, considering they were allowed to pose for pictures just after the delivery, with the baby in their arms, makes me think that the baby was born fine. If a baby is born with respiratory issues, there is no time to stop for for pictures.

I suppose the baby showed his breathing issues after a while (minutes, hours?). It is not common but, sadly, emergencies happen even in the smoothest deliveries. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Trace posted a photo with Bradley at church so I am guessing they are with KJ. 

I know this isn’t a medical forum, but can someone with more knowledge of this explain what’s going on with Jadon? Is this a common medical issue? Is it something they would know before delivery with ultrasounds? Or is it a result of delivery?

Sounds like he had some respiratory difficulties that caused him to burst a hole in the lining of his right lung, necessitating a tube for air evacuation and stabilization. He was placed on the vent because his respiratory function was insufficient without the full expansion of that sick right lung. Of course, Manuel ventilation can also cause more issues because it usually involves pressure support in an infant. Often times it takes a while for the lung to heal enough to support removal of the Chest tube. These bursts can happen spontaneously, but often times they happen in kids who are sick. He might have swallowed some amniotic fluid coming out, or been exposed to a bacteria that temporarily weakened his lungs. Hope he continues to improve. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

While not related, I seem to remember Kelly Jo telling Whitney (while she was pregnant with Bradley) that there had been complications with Zach because he was early. She said that his lungs weren't fully developed yet and his right? lung collapsed. I remember thinking that was probably not something good to tell a woman who is weeks/days away from giving birth to her first baby. I also remember it being strange because it sounded like Kelly Jo said they inserted a "test tube." Maybe she meant chest tube but it came out a bit funny.

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic