IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

Whitney said that he had "complications" from the "procedure." I guess the dialysis, sepsis, and the vent arose from whatever the initial complications were.

Edited by marmalade
Forgot the ventilator
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bring snark in, given Whitney's recent loss. However, Whit did it again! She found the time to finally pop in to share about her makeup brush, with a discount code ya'll. #ad, thanks Whitney! You never let me down with your brief visits.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/17/2021 at 12:36 AM, Bazinga said:

I hate to bring snark in, given Whitney's recent loss. However, Whit did it again! She found the time to finally pop in to share about her makeup brush, with a discount code ya'll. #ad, thanks Whitney! You never let me down with your brief visits.

The brush really is fantastic though. At least she is shilling a good product. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 10:30 AM, CanadianMamam said:

The brush really is fantastic though. At least she is shilling a good product. 

I would really prefer if decent, legitimate companies did not partner with covid-denying, insurrection-supporting fools myself.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ref. Whitneys  video on Intstagram with clips from her fathers funeral - everybody grieves their own way, but I will never get filming the funeral and intimate moments of sorrow, and then posting them online. I am so gratefull that I do not live that way. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

They really seem to aim at the presentation of the first hyper popular mum crowd- hip young Mormon mothers. I never heard of funeral photo shoots or videos before I got sucked into that particular rabbit hole. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

They really seem to aim at the presentation of the first hyper popular mum crowd- hip young Mormon mothers. I never heard of funeral photo shoots or videos before I got sucked into that particular rabbit hole. 

What.The.Fuck!?! I am flabbergasted and never been more thankful that I absolutely fail at the social media game. 
Photos or videos for people missing from the funeral yes. But photo shoots? 🤯

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

While I think people can choose to grieve in any way they choose, I personally find pictures of funerals, caskets, etc rather ghoulish and tacky. I had an aunt who I’ve cut out of my life due to many, many issues, but she was one who took pictures at a funeral. And then stuck them in with other pics in her photo albums. I remember being a kid and going through the pictures one day at her house, and there was my uncle, laying in a casket. Freaked me the hell out. And I think sharing that stuff on social media is strange. I know I would not be happy if I was the deceased person and knowing that was on the Internet. Or the person’s other kids, spouse, etc.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

While I think people can choose to grieve in any way they choose, I personally find pictures of funerals, caskets, etc rather ghoulish and tacky. I had an aunt who I’ve cut out of my life due to many, many issues, but she was one who took pictures at a funeral. And then stuck them in with other pics in her photo albums. I remember being a kid and going through the pictures one day at her house, and there was my uncle, laying in a casket. Freaked me the hell out. And I think sharing that stuff on social media is strange. I know I would not be happy if I was the deceased person and knowing that was on the Internet. Or the person’s other kids, spouse, etc.  

I have a great aunt who had an entire album of funeral photos. It freaked me out so much as a child and I think it is why I don't like open caskets. She was really weird though. She once laid down on top of her future burial plot and made my mom take pictures. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I have a great aunt who had an entire album of funeral photos. It freaked me out so much as a child and I think it is why I don't like open caskets. She was really weird though. She once laid down on top of her future burial plot and made my mom take pictures. 

Wow. That is nuts. My aunt had pictures of her dead cat in a cardboard box in the albums too. And her husband, naked. 🤢

• WTF 10

I guess I can understand taking pictures of all the flowers and picture displays. They can often look very nice and some people may want to remember them. But I have a hard time understanding any pictures of a person in an open casket. Photography is very common today so we all have pictures of these people alive and well. Yes, 100 years ago, pictures were rarer so I understand one last picture of the person. But nowadays it seems unnecessary for the most part. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess I can understand taking pictures of all the flowers and picture displays. They can often look very nice and some people may want to remember them. But I have a hard time understanding any pictures of a person in an open casket. Photography is very common today so we all have pictures of these people alive and well. Yes, 100 years ago, pictures were rarer so I understand one last picture of the person. But nowadays it seems unnecessary for the most part. 

I don't even like still-life photos of flowers that COULD be funeral arrangements.

• Upvote 1

My family has tomb pictures.  Not sure why they were taken but what the heck?  I am not going to criticize someone’s morning process.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

My family has tomb pictures.  Not sure why they were taken but what the heck?  I am not going to criticize someone’s morning process.

Do you mean tombstones or grave markers? I think some people take pictures of them for genealogy records. Also, my siblings and I visit the cemeteries of our parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and great great-grandparents once a year. It’s good to know exactly what you’re looking for. 

• Upvote 8

I have a picture of the grave and stone of my grandparents. I think their grave is beautiful and in the end death is part of our lives. However sharing those pictures for everyone to see or having them in a random album where other people could see it without warning is different. It‘s a sensitive topic and it should be treated as such especially around children.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I know it’s weird but I love cemeteries. Back before public parks were common, people would picnic in cemeteries. I personally like how quiet and peaceful they are. I like to read the stones and think about the people I don’t know who have died. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1

My (Italian) family takes pictures of the graves as well. But to me it’s never seemed odd, because a lot of their family is in Italy/buried there, and visiting graves is a big part of paying respect. So I get wanting to have a picture since they can’t go in person. That being said, one time we were on a road trip and stayed overnight with a very elderly distant family member who had pictures of her deceased husband in his casket beside the beds - that was definitely a bit much for us, but I guess it was comforting for her?

My grandfather passed last summer, and I think we did take a couple pics of the floral arrangements because a lot were from out-of-town family members, and my grandmother wanted to show them how they looked. There’s also a video of the services because it was live-streamed due to covid restrictions on the number of people who could attend. But yeah, I’d personally think it’s odd to take out your camera and start filming at a funeral otherwise, and then to post it on social media I’d find even odder, I think. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know it’s weird but I love cemeteries. Back before public parks were common, people would picnic in cemeteries. I personally like how quiet and peaceful they are. I like to read the stones and think about the people I don’t know who have died. 

Back in New Jersey I used to bring lunch sometimes to the Eatontown cemetery. I ate it in the car, because that's probably the polite way these days. But it was a nice place to sit for awhile. Once I was at an estate sale and bought this pristine late 60s couch. The house was very old and the man who lived there was over 100 when he died. His grandfather had built the place, I think. Then a short time later I was walking through that cemetery and saw where he was buried, so I thanked him for the couch. I'm not the mystical type, but it seemed the thing to do. 

And come to think of it, if my phone had been smart back then, I'd have probably taken a photo of the grave...but not to share on IG or whatever, lol. 

• Upvote 4

I actually live pretty close to the cemetery where Marlene Dietrich is buried, and I often drop in there when I go for a walk. I have lots of pictures of her grave, as well as some of the other lovely tombstones and statues there, simply because they're nice to look at, and I enjoy taking pictures.

It's just a beautiful, peaceful place where I can be alone with my thoughts, and it's also where I go to remember my mom who's buried too far away for regular visits. Nothing creepy or scary about cemeteries, as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I live near a big cemetery where big squares of lawn isn‘t used for graves yet. People are going for a stroll, do yoga or just meet up there. I love the concept since it kind of includes the dead in the circles of the living people. 
Personally I have mixed feelings towards that place. Especially during the pandemic where there were/are so many fresh graves I’ve avoided the cemetery. Last year tough we had lots of snow and that place with its lights was just magical.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Honestly, as awful as this sentence will sound, I used to go sledding at the cemetery in my town.  I can say with authority how badly it hurts to run into a tombstone at full tilt on a sled. ..
And I also go to that cemetery every few months to leave flowers for my grandparents (and they're the onest that took me sledding there)

I know cemeteries are places to grieve and all that jazz...but they're also places for the people of the world to enjoy themselves and I"m really glad they're a place of community for us..
Last year, my grandparents went to tidy up my grandparents' graves and got invited to a BBQ and had a 'day of the dead' lunch with a nearby family (my dad had forgotten the importance of the date, but, it worked.  He said it was the best taco he'd had in the recent past).  My kid (who has known the 'rules' for hanging out there since before she could walk) occasionally offers our gardening implements to other families and hauls around watering cans to other nearby flowers whenever we're there..  
Cemeteries can be amazing and I wish we treated them as more than just a resting place more often.  /rant.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, Smash! said:

I live near a big cemetery where big squares of lawn isn‘t used for graves yet. People are going for a stroll, do yoga or just meet up there. I love the concept since it kind of includes the dead in the circles of the living people. 

I agree. I love this. Feel free to do yoga/have a picnic/Zumba near the graves of my family members any time. Heck, you can do all of those things it on their graves for all I care, lord knows we paid $2000 for those plot markers, someone may as well enjoy them.

"Dancing on graves," sounds like a hoot to this future corpse. Even if you're dancing on my [future] grave because you hate(d) me, I'll take that as a compliment; thanks for giving me so much space in your brain.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Keys said:

My (Italian) family takes pictures of the graves as well. But to me it’s never seemed odd, because a lot of their family is in Italy/buried there, and visiting graves is a big part of paying respect. So I get wanting to have a picture since they can’t go in person. That being said, one time we were on a road trip and stayed overnight with a very elderly distant family member who had pictures of her deceased husband in his casket beside the beds - that was definitely a bit much for us, but I guess it was comforting for her?

My grandfather passed last summer, and I think we did take a couple pics of the floral arrangements because a lot were from out-of-town family members, and my grandmother wanted to show them how they looked. There’s also a video of the services because it was live-streamed due to covid restrictions on the number of people who could attend. But yeah, I’d personally think it’s odd to take out your camera and start filming at a funeral otherwise, and then to post it on social media I’d find even odder, I think. 

That’s it. Having a pictures of the flower displays and a headstone, a video for people that couldn’t attend the funeral but would have wanted is something VERY different than posting a reel of the service on SM for strangers/your fans. From the presentation I don’t get the sentiment that this was filmed for private usage but specifically to use it on her account which is basically part of her business model. That’s the part that I find absolutely disrespectful. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I taught all my kids to drive in cemeteries.  If you have large cemeteries it's kind of perfect when they are first getting behind the wheel because while they do have streets and stop signs, the speed limit is so slow and traffic so sparse they can get their feet wet and practice skills in a relaxed environment.

Of course we avoided active funerals, though.  

I think the living enjoying the space is kind of sweet, as long as the activity isn't so boisterous that you're disturbing others.  

• Upvote 11

On 2/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, fluffernutter said:

JillPM has entered the chat

On 2/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Back when I was married my ex and I visited his tiny midwest hometown.  For some reason we went to the cemetery (WTF) and his grandparents already had their headstones installed on their burial plots.  This was at least 15 years ago and to the best of my knowledge the grandparents are still alive.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic