IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if each family is compensated for working on the show vs Gil and KJ getting the  payout and providing money as they see fit? I know UP(?) isn’t TLC-

I have professional acquaintances and one I consider a friend at UP. However, they are in marketing and not programming. That said, I do think the families/adults are paid directly versus the Duggar way of doing it. A few clues:

Michaela and Brandon would not be on the show and having camera crews in their home (especially when they lived in Chicago) if they weren't getting paid for it. Michaela seems like a very shy person and has said she was uncomfortable with how much she did share on the show about her struggles to get pregnant. I think that you would see them at family events but they wouldn't go out of their way to film if they weren't getting paid. The same for Tori, who I don't know is that shy more than just difficult. I truly think UP offered more screen time and therefore more money to Michaela/Brandon and Tori/Bobby to come back to the Knoxville area. Bobby probably saw that as an opportunity to earn some extra money while keeping Tori happy by being around her family. 

It's all speculation on my part, but those two moving back and appearing on the show when they are two who probably seem the least happy about doing it seems to indicate some kind of incentive. 

Erin and Carlin would probably would do the show for free just for the attention they get from it. Especially Carlin. Girl loves a camera pointed at her. Lawson would probably pay a camera crew to follow him if they ever cancel the show. 

Zach would probably still be on it with or without even a modest paycheck. He loves the attention too. However, he needs to work on his commercial acting skills. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 15

On 6/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Erin and Carlin would probably would do the show for free just for the attention they get from it. Especially Carlin. Girl loves a camera pointed at her. Lawson would probably pay a camera crew to follow him if they ever cancel the show. 

Zach would probably still be on it with or without even a modest paycheck. He loves the attention too. However, he needs to work on his commercial acting skills. 

LMAO. You nailed all four perfectly. 

Lawson pays a camera crew should be a thread title!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

On 6/14/2021 at 10:44 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

They have benefited from COVID in some ways, as online stores have become even more popular. I don't know that doing a storefront is the smartest move since that is struggling a lot these days. I know people in the store display industry (racks, hangers, and mannequins, etc.) and they are struggling because people just aren't opening stores. 

It doesnt look like they are selling clothes in person in the storefront, at least not right now. Its just an online bussiness still, they just have a place to store the clothes and for the 3 girls they have employed to do the packaging.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, llucie said:

It doesnt look like they are selling clothes in person in the storefront, at least not right now. Its just an online bussiness still, they just have a place to store the clothes and for the 3 girls they have employed to do the packaging.

Carlin or Erin...maybe both have said the plan is to do a storefront. Erin has been decorating with that in mind apparently. Given that they literally rented a store space and have been using it as a warehouse, I don't think it is unusual for them to want to open up a shop. Goals are good. I just think they'll have to get more employees to make that happen. I don't think the three of them really like keeping regular hours that are necessary if you are inviting the public in to see you. Plus it would hard to deal with customers if you are bringing in four kids, packing up orders, doing social media promotions, etc.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Carlin or Erin...maybe both have said the plan is to do a storefront. Erin has been decorating with that in mind apparently. Given that they literally rented a store space and have been using it as a warehouse, I don't think it is unusual for them to want to open up a shop. Goals are good. I just think they'll have to get more employees to make that happen. I don't think the three of them really like keeping regular hours that are necessary if you are inviting the public in to see you. Plus it would hard to deal with customers if you are bringing in four kids, packing up orders, doing social media promotions, etc.  

The little they have shown on the store on the show it really just seems like a warehouse inside. No place to actually sell clothes to the public that i seen. Obviously it is possible it was just unfinished at that time, but this episode was recorded months ago, and if you google bates sisters boutique in tennesse still no store open with that name.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, llucie said:

The little they have shown on the store on the show it really just seems like a warehouse inside. No place to actually sell clothes to the public that i seen. Obviously it is possible it was just unfinished at that time, but this episode was recorded months ago, and if you google bates sisters boutique in tennesse still no store open with that name.

Erin had an Instagram story the other day about how she had been finishing up decorating the waiting area, so I think they do plan to open to the public soonish. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Are those maybe the best pictures Taryn “Queen of the Blurr” has ever done? Dare I say they look actually really nice? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wow. Are those maybe the best pictures Taryn “Queen of the Blurr” has ever done? Dare I say they look actually really nice? 

Low standard but yes she has improved. 

• Upvote 3

I just watched the finale episode where Whitney and Josie make crafts with their babies’ names. She painted “Jayden” in blue on a piece of wood. I wonder when and why they decided to change the spelling. I assume she was pretty definite about it if she was writing it that way when this was filmed. 

• Upvote 5

Hopefully they realized it before they got to the birth certificate stage, a la Michael(a).

• Upvote 3

Jadon apparently is the biblical spelling of the name and Jayden didn’t really come in the public consciousness until the 1990s. My guess is that they wanted Jayden but then they realized that it actually is in the Bible and they went with the more Christian spelling. i’ve seen this on a personal level with the whole Deborah/Debra thing.

0F9AEFD9-53F0-448F-8055-F0C24FABF735.jpeg

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

My guess is that they wanted Jayden but then they realized that it actually is in the Bible and they went with the more Christian spelling.

Yeah, but why would that be so important all of a sudden? I'm pretty sure there's no Bradley in the Bible either, and the same goes for Kaci and Khloe...

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

Agreed. People who name their kids Kaci and Khloe also don’t seem like the type to care about “traditional” spellings. Also, who knows how the biblical name was actually spelled? And does it matter? It’s not like it was originally written in English. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

They might not have been 100% sold on a spelling. With my middle, we had a name picked out pretty early but didn't commit to the spelling (in our case, which cultural spelling to use, mine or my husband's) until after he was born and we were about to post on social media. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

They might not have been 100% sold on a spelling. With my middle, we had a name picked out pretty early but didn't commit to the spelling (in our case, which cultural spelling to use, mine or my husband's) until after he was born and we were about to post on social media. 

True, but then I probably wouldn't have painted something with that name until I was certain.

They probably just changed their minds on how it looked. It's not a huge deal imo ?‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I think they just went with a less common spelling. They seem to like the more creative spellings. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

I think they just went with a less common spelling. They seem to like the more creative spellings. 

*Kreative there fixed that for you lol 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

On 7/6/2021 at 6:40 PM, AussieKrissy said:

*Kreative there fixed that for you lol 

Chreē'Eightyv  There, fixed it again

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

Chloe is a biblical name. Paul mentions it in 1 Corinthians

11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are [a]contentions among you.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 7/7/2021 at 8:26 PM, Bobology said:

Chreē'Eightyv  There, fixed it again

Now you are getting into Elon Musk naming territory.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

• 3 weeks later...

Zach and Whitney bought a farm with several acres near their house. Kids prayed they prayed  and some random words for her mom who had covid and Zach’s mom who had throat issues. This was on instagram. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

On 8/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, fluffernutter said:

Zach and Whitney bought a farm with several acres near their house. Kids prayed they prayed  and some random words for her mom who had covid and Zach’s mom who had throat issues. This was on instagram. 

And it sounds like the farm house needs a lot of renovations. I wonder if they've put their current house (which they put a lot of work into) on the market yet, & how much a profit they will make.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And it sounds like the farm house needs a lot of renovations. I wonder if they've put their current house (which they put a lot of work into) on the market yet, & how much a profit they will make.

It's not currently on the market and probably won't be until they finish renovations. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't sell the house at all and made it into a rental.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic