IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

The issue with essential oils and air fresheners/candles is that they make cats more likely to develop asthma.  Smoking is worst for this, of course, but anything not meant by the body to be inhaled has the potential to be problematic. In a well-ventilated area, the risks are probably not that great but honestly going through every little detail with clients while they show me pictures of the room has made me recommend erring on the side of caution.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I had to stop diffusing because my new cat gets sneezy when I do.  Thanks for letting me know about cats and this issue.

• Upvote 4

For a snark board that spends a lot of time talking about how uneducated the fundies are and advocating for science, this is an aaaaaaaawfully long thread praising the magic of essential oils.

• Upvote 7
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Zach can cook. His food looks delicious. Also why I logged in (years since I haven’t posted) it looks like they drink. 
did anyone notice the wine bottle? It was there for a few stories and then it disappeared. I take it they got a lot of messages. 
So far it looks like Jill and Zach are the ones who drink alcohol in the families. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

For a snark board that spends a lot of time talking about how uneducated the fundies are and advocating for science, this is an aaaaaaaawfully long thread praising the magic of essential oils.

For cleaning. Not for doing the job of our kidneys/liver/allergy medication/chemotherapy.

You know that stereotypical dentist office smell? That would be clove oil, because clove oil has been used as an oral antiseptic and mild pain killer for centuries. Topically. As have been the uses discussed in this thread.

• Upvote 14
  • Move Along 1

12 hours ago, C.DarwinDuggar said:

Zach can cook. His food looks delicious. Also why I logged in (years since I haven’t posted) it looks like they drink. 
did anyone notice the wine bottle? It was there for a few stories and then it disappeared. I take it they got a lot of messages. 
So far it looks like Jill and Zach are the ones who drink alcohol in the families. 

Are you talking about this bottle (under spoiler)? It's this olive oil, not wine. 

Spoiler

1095341140_oliveoil.thumb.jpg.9701a5305773ecf74f9b8606f6831f62.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

I know it is an olive oil bottle but when fundies look like they may be drinking alcohol, some people take it as a sign of them being less fundie. It is not. Many fundies drink (not the gothardites, but many others), and drinking does not make them mainstream. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I know it's BEC, but all Bates women would look better with less make up and a more natural hair colour. They are young and at that age, too much make up/too blonde hair make people look older or even less beautiful!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know it's BEC, but all Bates women would look better with less make up and a more natural hair colour. They are young and at that age, too much make up/too blonde hair make people look older or even less beautiful!

Erin... I am looking at you!! ???

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Is that an older video? She doesn't look pregnant. Like I know she just uploaded it. But I think she filmed that a long time ago. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, Johannah said:

Wow. She’s stunning. Why is she trying to cover up with so much makeup??

Psa: makeup isnt used just to cover up, some of us just enjoy it, find it therapeutic, like to experiment, and feel prettier with it,  and that's okay.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:15 PM, C.DarwinDuggar said:

Are we talking about the beef he made? Maybe I'm in a BEC mood but that looked disgusting.

• Upvote 8

Whitney seems to be naturally beautiful, but I’m pretty sure she also uses filters on her Instagram videos, so I don’t think we truly know what she looks like without makeup. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:14 AM, Italiangirl said:

I asked my vet about essential oils and cats since I have 3 at home and he said that as long as the door is open and the cat can come and go and you didn't put the diffuser in a very small room there are no problems with it. Take this as you want. 

That's how we've been handling it so far and I will continue to do so. I'm grateful for the advice though.

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

Psa: makeup isnt used just to cover up, some of us just enjoy it, find it therapeutic, like to experiment, and feel prettier with it,  and that's okay.

THIS!! For me it is a form of self care to apply make-up and I enjoy it a lot.

• Upvote 8

On 4/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, JanasTattooParlor said:

For those of you that use essential oils in your daily life, do they actually work as cleaning  supplies just as well as like Windex or Lysol? I have a few friends who have, in the last couple months, thrown out all their “toxic cleaners” (their words, not mine) and replaced them with Thieves cleaners or essential oils cleaners. It’s triggered my MLM radar because usually it’s Young Living oils that they’re using and it seems like several girls I went to college with are starting to get into MLMs, especially the ones that are military wives. 

The oil in whatever cleaning mix you make is actually more for the smell. The alcohol, vinegar or baking soda is doing the cleaning part. There is a reason we don’t disinfect with rosemary water anymore. (even though I have seen people using some stuff like that in the pandemic. No thanks). It won’t hurt but it’s helpfulness is also limited. There is often no need for hyper chemical cleaning if you don’t deal with mould or similar (I definitely clean with regular cleaners when raw chicken is involved) and reducing packaging and chemical residue is always a good idea. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I use essential oils for diffusing and for cleaning. I like Young Living's hand soaps. But if I've been working with eggs or chicken or something I'll use a Lysol wipe. I love lavender and buy into it being stress relieving and I've been known to use peppermint oil for headaches and muscle aches but that's as crazy as I get with them. No interest in selling them or replacing a proper doctor with them. 

It might be an older video of Whitney, I learned from watching another influencer that you often have to record the ad and send it to the company for approval before they give you leave to post. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• 1 month later...

Baby was born on June 7th. People mag called the baby Jadon but he had been referred to as Jayden in his name announcement. 

https://people.com/parents/bringing-up-bates-whitney-bates-welcomes-fourth-baby-son-jadon-carl/

He also was or still is in the NICU because of issues with his oxygen levels, per US Weekly

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/whitney-and-zach-bates-welcome-their-4th-child-exclusive-photos/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Baby was born on June 7th. People mag called the baby Jadon but he had been referred to as Jayden in his name announcement. 

https://people.com/parents/bringing-up-bates-whitney-bates-welcomes-fourth-baby-son-jadon-carl/

He also was or still is in the NICU because of issues with his oxygen levels, per US Weekly

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/whitney-and-zach-bates-welcome-their-4th-child-exclusive-photos/amp/?__twitter_impression=truet

They referred to him as Jadon on Instagram.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

They referred to him as Jadon on Instagram.

I hope it's just a typo because that spelling is horrible. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, raayx01 said:

I hope it's just a typo because that spelling is horrible. 

Sadly not the first time I have seen it. 

• Upvote 1

Jadon is supposed to be a very minor person in the Bible. So the spelling Jayden seems worse to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

They posted in IG a few minutes ago that he's in the NICU, so I'd assume he's still there. Hope he's okay.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I was curious about the Jadon spelling and went back to Whitney’s Instagram when they announced he was a boy and she had the spelling Jayden . I wonder why she changed the spelling

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic