IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

My kids and us were sick for about 2 years straight when they were toddlers and in daycare/ preschool. Now I feel like we have great immune systems. Rarely sick.

Funny gross kid story, I took my ~11 month old to a car dealership and had to change him. There was no changing table so I stretched out a mat on the bathroom floor… my wiggle worm rolled over and scooched… and LICKED the BATHROOM FLOOR of a car dealership 🤢🤢 we lived , shockingly!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

I worked in a public library for several years. Kids around constantly, people coming in to pick up books for themselves "because I can't work for a week with strep throat", and people returning books saying thank goodness they'd had reading material while sick. We wiped down books with disinfectant constantly but I still got so many colds. In the three years after I retired I had one cold! Missed my work, but so nice to feel better.

• Upvote 12

My little darling picked up a chunk of dirty ice when we were at “Lights at the Zoo” this weekend and stuffed it in her mouth🤢. Threw a full scale fit when I pried it out her hand, and threw herself face first in the snow so she could keep eating. Toddlers are gross. 

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:25 PM, SassyPants said:

The house has a pool and the little ones were swimming and hanging out around the pool. There were parents in attendance. Last month my SIL’s 3 YO nephew was a near drowning at a family party with lots of little kids and parents in attendance. He took his water wings off to use the restroom and jumped back into the pool upon his return outside. His uncle is a firefighter and started CPR immediately. He will likely have life long neurological deficits. Of course the family is devastated. My own nephew did the same into my pool many years ago. I witnessed it and jumped in to rescue him. He was 18 months old. Sadly, the Duggars are not known for safety.

That's a hard thing to go through. One of my cousin's children is going through the same (slipped away from a family gathering and either walked or fell into a nearby pond); it's been over two years and he only recently relearned to walk.

• Love 14

I so wish I could stay home with my daughter when she's sick. My husband's job is less demanding so he gets her when she has a fever or whatever. I only missed one day when they were both feverish since my maternity leave and it was an ordeal. Work is so busy I try not to feel guilty but it's hard. Healthcare and sick leave in the US are a joke and we are lucky enough that my husband's (male) boss loves kids and respects a father's role as an actual caregiver.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

11 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

My kids and us were sick for about 2 years straight when they were toddlers and in daycare/ preschool. Now I feel like we have great immune systems. Rarely sick.

Funny gross kid story, I took my ~11 month old to a car dealership and had to change him. There was no changing table so I stretched out a mat on the bathroom floor… my wiggle worm rolled over and scooched… and LICKED the BATHROOM FLOOR of a car dealership 🤢🤢 we lived , shockingly!

My sister's son licked the wall of the doctor's office when he was 5. 24 hours later projectile vomiting 🤮🤮🤮

• Disgust 4
  • Sad 3

My oldest was the king of putting stuff in his mouth, that shouldn't be there. He's much better about it now at 8.5 but even 2 years ago it was still an issue. He has ADHD and was so impulsive prior to medication. In one week alone in Kindergarten he put a rock from the park, a penny he found on the floor and another kids pencil in his mouth. 

• Upvote 4

My son was 3 when we left him with my husband’s godmother while we went to a funeral. She gave him a lollipop, and as I turned around to wave goodbye, I got a lovely view of him sharing it, lick by lick  with the dog.  That didn’t do him any harm, but he was a walking ear infection for a few years. 

He never really ate strange things. I on the other hand have a bad habit of chowing down on random things. Latest was what I thought was a chunk of potato that had fallen onto the counter. Spoiler alert - it was soap. 

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 14

When my son was about 2, we were eating at a fast food place in a major airport. I was busy dealing with our baby but only looked away for a few seconds, turned around, and saw my 2-year-old  eating a random taco off of the airport floor. SO GROSS.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

My youngest niece used to help herself to the dog’s Milk Bones when she was about 3.  There is a  photo of her happily munching on one. I wonder if my sister still has it.  

Would it be really mean of me to show her boyfriend? Or better yet, she is going to be applying to med school next year…….

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

On 12/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, onekidanddone said:

My youngest niece used to help herself to the dog’s Milk Bones when she was about 3.  There is a  photo of her happily munching on one. I wonder if my sister still has it.  

One of my cousins tried to eat a slug.  She was only 2 or 3.  As she tried to chew on it, the slug was slowly making its way along her tongue and by the time her older siblings alerted their mother, she was choking on it.  The poor tot wasn't able to say why she had a slug in her mouth, but after the slug was pried off her tongue, she kept asking for a candy bar.

• Disgust 3
  • Haha 2

Mine son, who was 1 at the time, got a nice big handful of the cat's wet food and put it in his mouth. I called the Vet's office first to verify that none of the ingredients were harmful. Gave them such a good laugh that day....

• Haha 9

We have officially hit that stage. The first random item in the mouth was at the end of November (a quarter). Today she managed to find a cheerio on the floor which she ate. My husband successfully stopped her from eating: a dirt clod, some Guinea pig bedding, a tiny pebble, and a fingernail clipping. And we vacuum regularly so who knows where it all comes from?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Totally agree they came out and said he's guilty and made statements about victims and csam. It's one of the best for me 

Screenshot_20211213-192739.jpg

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4

Noting the difference to the Duggar “parents” post that doesn’t spell out CSAM. As others have pointed out, not everyone knows what those letters mean. Amazing that it was Joy (and Austin) who wrote the actual words. ❤️

• Upvote 14

Joy had a video in the last couple days cooking something with spaghetti and chicken and Gideon is helping. Good for her having a male doing kitchen things! But when there was a shot of her and Gideon eating, I can't understand why Evie is alone in her high chair quite a ways behind them. Jill Rod always has her littlest in a high chair way away from the family too. I would want a little one close by me to help with their food or if they choked. Anyone know why they do that?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:13 PM, SorenaJ said:

This is why I’m planning on putting any future kids at a childminder. Less germs to be exposed to, as there will only be a couple of other kids, but will still train their immune system for nursery at age 3 or 4. 

This is basically what I did - my son was cared for by a SAHM who had two young children of her own.  She also watched one other little girl.  My son loved it at her house - children right around his age to play with, lots of fun toys, etc.  Then he began preschool at age 3 and thrived there as well.  I didn't do it purposely with a thought to germs from exposure to other children - it just worked out that way.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Joy had a video in the last couple days cooking something with spaghetti and chicken and Gideon is helping. Good for her having a male doing kitchen things! But when there was a shot of her and Gideon eating, I can't understand why Evie is alone in her high chair quite a ways behind them. Jill Rod always has her littlest in a high chair way away from the family too. I would want a little one close by me to help with their food or if they choked. Anyone know why they do that?

The baby looked really close, I think it was just the video angle. The baby is close to a year and a half, with two adults within a few feet, in a family kitchen. I’m sure she’s fine.  It’s spaghetti, it’s messy, probably just easier to clean up if she’s on a clearer floor space. It was a cute video, with good editing. I could see Joy doing better on tik-tok than her older siblings. She has a good eye. 
Mostly though — good for her for attending the trial, putting out a very strong statement, and then showing she’s living her life 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

For Pete's sake, the baby is one step away. 

• Upvote 15

On 11/29/2021 at 10:07 AM, EyesOpen said:

My oldest  niece did something similar. I took her cousin to a public restroom when they when they were 3. She became incensed be I was tending to to my nephew and she she wanted to go get a snack RIGHT NOW. When I asked her to wait she threw herself on the floor face down and yes, she licked the floor. 🤢 

LOL this post just changed my post rank to “locking the kids out of bathroom”

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Sotdrt strikes again. Joy is "doing school" with her children and posted this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211228_003908.thumb.jpg.ba61a3e6b827e7349a5d54786e34d961.jpgScreenshot_20211228_003918.thumb.jpg.0ec85df7e91dfde764cac6770f663c40.jpg

Maybe don't homeschool, let your children become "firmiliar" with real teachers. 

Were Austin and his sister homeschooled? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Sotdrt strikes again. Joy is "doing school" with her children and posted this:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20211228_003908.thumb.jpg.ba61a3e6b827e7349a5d54786e34d961.jpgScreenshot_20211228_003918.thumb.jpg.0ec85df7e91dfde764cac6770f663c40.jpg

Maybe don't homeschool, let your children become "firmiliar" with real teachers. 

Were Austin and his sister homeschooled? 

How old is that child? He/she/they don’t look old enough for school anyway.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How old is that child? He/she/they don’t look old enough for school anyway.

Soon to be four. In Websterville he’d be near ready for first grade. 😂

• Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic